Subject: [MMUSIC] RTC Accessibility User Requirements published - feedback request

From: Joshue O Connor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 17:36:27 +0000

Hi all,

I work as an Emerging Web Technology specialist at W3C/WAI, with a 
special interest in accessibility. I'd like to share the recent 
announcement of the publication of our new 'RTC Accessibility User 
Requirements' document. See below and please do forward to any other 
interested parties and if you have feedback we'd love to hear it.

Thanks

Josh

Dear WAI Interest Group,

WAI’s Research Questions Task Force (RQTF) and Accessible Platform 
Architectures (APA) Working Group invite you to comment on the First 
Public Working Draft of a W3C Working Group Note:
     RTC Accessibility User Requirements (RAUR)
https://www.w3.org/TR/RAUR/

RAUR outlines user needs, requirements, and scenarios for real-time 
communication (RTC) to be accessible to people with disabilities. 
Accessible telecommunication technology is increasingly important for 
people who are working remotely and relying on RTC for daily needs. The 
purpose of this document is to inform the development of specifications 
and underlying architecture at W3C and beyond. Some of the requirements 
apply at the system or platform level, and some are authoring requirements.

For more information, see:
     RTC Accessibility User Requirements – Call for Review (blog post)
https://www.w3.org/blog/2020/03/rtc-accessibility-user-requirements-call-for-review/ 

Review and Comments: We particularly would like input on any user needs 
or requirements that are missing from this draft. To comment, please 
open a new issue in the APA GitHub repository, and add the “RAUR” label:
https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/new
If this is not feasible, send email to:
[email-masked]
Please send comments by 21 April 2020.

Updates: In-progress updates to the document are available in the 
Editors' Draft at:
http://w3c.github.io/apa/raur/

Share: We encourage you to share this information and include @w3c_wai, 
@w3c, #accessibility, #a11y, #RAUR, #RTC
Here's tweet you can use:
https://twitter.com/w3c_wai/status/1240672981225033728

Regards,
Janina Sajka, APA Working Group Chair
Jason White, Research Questions Task Force Facilitator
Joshue O Connor, W3C Emerging Web Technology Specialist
Michael Cooper, W3C Staff Contact for APA Working Group
Shawn Lawton Henry, W3C WAI Accessibility Outreach

-- 
Emerging Web Technology Specialist/Accessibility (WAI/W3C)