Subject: [MMUSIC] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-02.txt

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 22:41:42 +0000

A new version of draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt is published.

It now has consice recommendations for transport and negotiation of 
multi-party real-time text,

and references a short standards track draft specifying an RTP based 
transport enhancement for RTT:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-source/

Both will be presented in the avtcore session on March 27.

Regards
Gunnar Hellström

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

Title : Real-time text media handling in multi-party conferences
Author : Gunnar Hellstrom
Filename : draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-02.txt
Pages : 38
Date : 2020-03-03

Abstract:
This memo specifies methods for Real-Time Text (RTT) media handling
in multi-party calls. The main RTT transport is to carry Real-Time
text by the RTP protocol in a time-sampled mode according to RFC 4103
RFC 4103 [RFC4103] . The mechanisms enable the receiving application
to present the received real-time text medium separated per source,
in different ways according to user preferences. Some presentation
related features are also described explaining suitable variations of
transmission and presentation of text.

Call control features are described for the SIP environment. A
number of alternative methods for providing the multi-party
negotiation, transmission and presentation are discussed and a
recommendation for the main one is provided. The main solution for
centralized multi-party handling of real-time text is achieved
through a media control unit coordinating multiple RTP text streams
into one RTP stream.

Alternative methods using a single RTP stream and source
identification inline in the text stream are also described, one of
them being provided as a lower functionality fallback method for
endpoints with no multi-party awareness for RTT.

Bridging methods where the text stream is carried untouched by the
bridge are also discussed.

Brief information is also provided for multi-party RTT in the WebRTC
environment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/