Subject: [MMUSIC] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-msrp-usage-data-channel-21.txt> (MSRP over Data Channels) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 11:34:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document: - 'MSRP over Data
Channels'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-msrp-usage-data-channel-21.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-21. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies how the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)
   can be transported as a WebRTC data channel sub-protocol, using the
   SDP offer/answer generic data channel negotiation framework to
   establish such a channel.  Two network configurations are supported:
   connecting two MSRP over data channel endpoints; and a gateway
   configuration, connecting an MSRP over data channel endpoint with an
   MSRP over TCP or TLS endpoint.  This document updates RFC4975.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-msrp-usage-data-channel/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.