Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 16:32:55 -0700

Hi all,

With the closure of rtcweb, we have been advised to find a new forum for
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-04, and
MMUSIC seems like the best home for it.

I believe this document is in fairly good shape and should be ready for
last call soon. Any objections to taking it on in this working group?

Justin

---

From: Sean DuBois <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 17:08:39 -0700

> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

Is there anything I can do to help fix
https://github.com/rtcweb-wg/mdns-ice-candidates/issues/121

You can still use mDNS to fingerprint by hostname (so changing subnet no
longer gives you a new identity) and can also be used to determine other
hosts in the same LAN.

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 17:44:53 -0700

With the events of the past few months I had completely forgotten that one.

A simple patch to libwebrtc to ensure uuid.local format before resolving
should suffice, is there an open webrtc bug for this issue?

---

From: Sean DuBois <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 17:46:59 -0700

I don’t think so! I will open it and submit PR myself :)

Just wanted to make sure I had acceptance before putting effort forward 

> On Jul 30, 2020, at 17:45, Justin Uberti <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> A simple patch to libwebrtc to ensure uuid.local format before resolving should suffice, is there an open webrtc bug for this issue?
>

---

From: Roman Shpount <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 00:16:39 -0400

I am strongly in favor of adopting this draft to MMUSIC and getting it
completed.
_____________
Roman Shpount