Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 8842 on Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Considerations for Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) and Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 13:32:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8842

        Title:      Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer 
                    Considerations for Datagram Transport Layer Security 
                    (DTLS) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) 
        Author:     C. Holmberg,
                    R. Shpount
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Updates:    RFC 5763, RFC 7345

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-dtls-sdp-32.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8842

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8842

This document defines the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
offer/answer procedures for negotiating and establishing a Datagram
Transport Layer Security (DTLS) association.  The document also
defines the criteria for when a new DTLS association must be
established.  The document updates RFCs 5763 and 7345 by replacing
common SDP offer/answer procedures with a reference to this
specification. 

This document defines a new SDP media-level attribute, "tls-id". 

This document also defines how the "tls-id" attribute can be used for
negotiating and establishing a Transport Layer Security (TLS)
connection, in conjunction with the procedures in RFCs 4145 and 8122.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC