Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 8858 on Indicating Exclusive Support of RTP and RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:46:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8858

        Title:      Indicating Exclusive Support of RTP and
                    RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Multiplexing 
                    Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
        Author:     C. Holmberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates:    RFC 5761

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-mux-exclusive-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8858

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8858

This document defines a new Session Description Protocol (SDP)
media-level attribute, 'rtcp-mux-only', that can be used by an
endpoint to indicate exclusive support of RTP and RTP Control
Protocol (RTCP) multiplexing. The document also updates RFC 5761 by
clarifying that an offerer can use a mechanism to indicate that it is
not able to send and receive RTCP on separate ports.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC