Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 8873 on Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) over Data Channels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:47:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8873

        Title:      Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) 
                    over Data Channels 
        Author:     JM. Recio, Ed.,
                    C. Holmberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates:    RFC 4975

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-msrp-usage-data-channel-24.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8873

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8873

This document specifies how a Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC)
data channel can be used as a transport mechanism for the Message
Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) and how the Session Description
Protocol (SDP) offer/answer mechanism can be used to negotiate such a
data channel, referred to as an MSRP data channel. Two network
configurations are supported: the connection of two MSRP data channel
endpoints; and a gateway configuration, which connects an MSRP data
channel endpoint with an MSRP endpoint that uses either TCP or TLS. 
This document updates RFC 4975.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC