Subject: [MMUSIC] Correction: RFC 8841 on Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Procedures for Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) over Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Transport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 17:38:55 -0800 (PST)

[Year corrected to "2021" below.]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

       RFC 8841

       Title:      Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer 
                   Procedures for Stream Control Transmission Protocol 
                   (SCTP) over Datagram Transport Layer Security 
                   (DTLS) Transport 
       Author:     C. Holmberg,
                   R. Shpount,
                   S. Loreto,
                   G. Camarillo
       Status:     Standards Track
       Stream:     IETF
       Date:       January 2021
       Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                   [email-masked],
                   [email-masked],
                   [email-masked]
       Pages:      21
       Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

       I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp-26.txt

       URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8841

       DOI:        10.17487/RFC8841

The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is a transport
protocol used to establish associations between two endpoints. RFC
8261 specifies how SCTP can be used on top of the Datagram Transport
Layer Security (DTLS) protocol, which is referred to as
SCTP-over-DTLS. 

This specification defines the following new Session Description
Protocol (SDP) protocol identifiers (proto values): "UDP/DTLS/SCTP"
and "TCP/DTLS/SCTP". This specification also specifies how to use the
new proto values with the SDP offer/answer mechanism for negotiating
SCTP-over-DTLS associations.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
 https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
 https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC