Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 8859 on A Framework for Session Description Protocol (SDP) Attributes When Multiplexing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:46:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8859

        Title:      A Framework for Session Description 
                    Protocol (SDP) Attributes When Multiplexing 
        Author:     S. Nandakumar
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      82
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8859

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8859

The purpose of this specification is to provide a framework for
analyzing the multiplexing characteristics of Session Description
Protocol (SDP) attributes when SDP is used to negotiate the usage of
a single 5-tuple for sending and receiving media associated with
multiple media descriptions.

This specification also categorizes the existing SDP attributes based
on the framework described herein.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC