Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 8864 on Negotiation Data Channels Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 16:21:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8864

        Title:      Negotiation Data Channels Using the 
                    Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
        Author:     K. Drage,
                    M. Makaraju,
                    R. Ejzak,
                    J. Marcon,
                    R. Even, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg-28.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8864

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8864

Data channel setup can be done using either the in-band Data Channel
Establishment Protocol (DCEP) or some out-of-band non-DCEP protocol. 
This document specifies how the SDP (Session Description Protocol)
offer/answer exchange can be used to achieve an out-of-band non-DCEP
negotiation for establishing a data channel.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC