Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates new draft

From: Roman Shpount <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 16:52:47 -0400

Hi Youenn,

There are couple of questions that I have about this mechanism:

1. This is not specifically about the draft but would help me to understand
how this is supposed to be implemented. Is the expectation that mDNS
registration and resolution done directly by the ICE Agent (Web browser) or
is it done using some sort of the OS library? Specifically, if the OS adds
some sort of internetworking mechanism to support IPv4 only software on
IPv6 only network, like 464XLAT, would this affect the mDNS resolution
results?

2. What happens if ICE Agent is connected to two disjoint local networks
where each resolves the mDNS name to two different addresses? One such
example would be an endpoint which supports both IPv4 and IPv6 talking to
endpoints which are IPv4 only or IPv6 only. Do we expect that multiple
resolution results would be ignored and devices fail to connect directly?

Best Regards,
_____________
Roman Shpount

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 5:11 AM Youenn Fablet <youenn=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Qingsi, Justin and I submitted a new version of the draft at
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates-01
> .
> We processed and closed all issues raised so far and updated the draft
> accordingly.
>
> We are reaching out to ask for review or feedback on this draft as a step
> towards going to LC.
> In addition to feedback directly sent on this mailing list, issues can
> also be filed in the GitHub repository directly (
> https://github.com/rtcweb-wg/mdns-ice-candidates/issues).
>
> Thanks,
>         Y
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>