Subject: [MMUSIC] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc8843bis-04.txt> (Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 07:25:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document: - 'Negotiating Media
Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol
   (SDP)'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc8843bis-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-08-09. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines a new Session Description Protocol (SDP)
   Grouping Framework extension called 'BUNDLE'.  The extension can be
   used with the SDP offer/answer mechanism to negotiate the usage of a
   single transport (5-tuple) for sending and receiving media described
   by multiple SDP media descriptions ("m=" sections).  Such transport
   is referred to as a BUNDLE transport, and the media is referred to as
   bundled media.  The "m=" sections that use the BUNDLE transport form
   a BUNDLE group.

   This specification defines a new RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Source
   Description (SDES) item and a new RTP header extension.

   This specification updates RFCs 3264, 5888, and 7941.

   This specification obsoletes RFC 8843.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc8843bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.