Subject: [MMUSIC] [Errata Verified] RFC8843 (6437)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 07:06:39 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC8843,
"Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6437

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: EungRok Lee <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2021-02-23
Verified by: Murray Kucherawy (IESG)

Section: 9.2

Original Text
-------------
   *  If the packet has a MID, and the packet's extended sequence number
      is greater than that of the last MID update, as discussed in
      [RFC7941], Section 4.2.2, update the MID associated with the RTP
      stream to match the MID carried in the RTP packet, and then update
      the mapping tables to include an entry that maps the SSRC of that
      RTP stream to the "m=" section for that MID.

Corrected Text
--------------
   *  If the packet has a MID, and the packet's extended sequence number
      is greater than that of the last MID update, as discussed in
      [RFC7941], Section 4.2.6, update the MID associated with the RTP
      stream to match the MID carried in the RTP packet, and then update
      the mapping tables to include an entry that maps the SSRC of that
      RTP stream to the "m=" section for that MID.

Notes
-----
In RFC7941 section "4.2.2. MTU and Packet Expansion", it doesn't mention about extended sequence number of packets. Section "4.2.6. Update Flaps" describes how to update SDES item using extended sequence number.

--------------------------------------
RFC8843 (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-54)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
Publication Date    : January 2021
Author(s)           : C. Holmberg, H. Alvestrand, C. Jennings
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG