Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 08:11:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Multicast DNS to protect privacy when exposing ICE candidates
        Authors         : Youenn Fablet
                          Justin Uberti
                          Jeroen de Borst
                          Qingsi Wang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2021-12-05

Abstract:
   WebRTC applications collect ICE candidates as part of the process of
   creating peer-to-peer connections.  To maximize the probability of a
   direct peer-to-peer connection, the endpoint's local IP addresses are
   included in this candidate collection.  However, these addresses are
   typically private and, as such, their disclosure has privacy
   implications.  This document describes a privacy-preserving way to
   share local IP addresses with other endpoints by concealing the
   addresses with dynamically generated Multicast DNS (mDNS) names.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-mdns-ice-candidates-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts