Subject: [MMUSIC] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC4568 (6808)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 01:55:57 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4568,
"Session Description Protocol (SDP) Security Descriptions for Media Streams".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6808

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Fritz <[email-masked]>

Section: 9.2

Original Text
-------------
srtp-crypto-suite   = "AES_CM_128_HMAC_SHA1_32" /
                            "F8_128_HMAC_SHA1_32" /
                            "AES_CM_128_HMAC_SHA1_80" /
                            srtp-crypto-suite-ext

Corrected Text
--------------
srtp-crypto-suite   = "AES_CM_128_HMAC_SHA1_32" /
                            "F8_128_HMAC_SHA1_80" /
                            "AES_CM_128_HMAC_SHA1_80" /
                            srtp-crypto-suite-ext

Notes
-----
Section 6.2.3 uses 80 bit for F8 (IANA registration)

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4568 (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Session Description Protocol (SDP) Security Descriptions for Media Streams
Publication Date    : July 2006
Author(s)           : F. Andreasen, M. Baugher, D. Wing
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiparty Multimedia Session Control RAI
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 16:44:21 -0500

The errata looks correct to me - thanks for catching and reporting this.

-- Flemming

On 1/5/22 04:55, RFC Errata System wrote:
> Reported by: Fritz<[email-masked]>
>
> Section: 9.2
>
> Original Text
> -------------
> .

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 22:13:09 +0000

Hi,

I agree. The errata looks correct.

Regards,

Christer

From: mmusic <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Flemming Andreasen
Sent: torstai 6. tammikuuta 2022 23.44
To: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>; Bo Burman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC4568 (6808)

-- Flemming

https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6808<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=31323334-501d5122-313273af-454445555731-dfbe0302a416e82b&q=1&e=ff8bc950-53df-4427-b4ca-34c8cbcbb7a4&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rfc-editor.org%2Ferrata%2Feid6808>

Type: Technical

Reported by: Fritz <[email-masked]><mailto:[email-masked]>

Section: 9.2

Original Text

-------------

                            "F8_128_HMAC_SHA1_32" /

                            srtp-crypto-suite-ext

Corrected Text

--------------

                            "F8_128_HMAC_SHA1_80" /

                            srtp-crypto-suite-ext

Notes

-----

Instructions:

-------------

Stream              : IETF

Verifying Party     : IESG

.