Subject: [Mobike] draft-ietf-mobike-protocol-02

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:51:54 +0300

Hi everyone,

I've submitted a new version of the protocol document to the
secretariat; before it appears in the official I-D directory, 
a temporary copy is available from

http://people.nokia.net/~pasi/TEMP-draft-ietf-mobike-protocol-02.txt

This version does _not_ claim to handle all the open issues (and we
don't yet have rough consensus on how to handle them, either).  I just
wanted to get some kind of  intermediate snapshot out so we can close 
the less controversial issues. Especially the text on issue 34 should 
be considered only a suggestion, and we may yet revert back to the -01
text depending on what decision we reach. 

Here's the change log from Appendix A:

   o  Moved MOBIKE_SUPPORTED from IKE_SA_INIT to IKE_AUTH (issues 35,
      37).

   o  Changed terminology related to NAT prohibition (issues 22, 24).

   o  Rewrote much of the ADDITIONAL_*_ADDRESS text, added
      NO_ADDITIONAL_ADDRESSES notification.

   o  Use NAT detection payloads to detect changes in NAT mappings
      (issue 34).

   o  Removed separate PATH_TEST message (issue 34).

   o  Clarified processing of UNACCEPTABLE_ADDRESSES when request has
      been sent using several different addresses (issue 36).

   o  Clarified changing of ports 500/4500 (issue 33).

   o  Updated security considerations (issues 27 and 28).

   o  No need to include COOKIE2 in non-RR messages (issue 32).

   o  Many editorial fixes and clarifications (issue 38, 40).

   o  Use the terms initiator and responder more consistently.

   o  Clarified that this document does not solve all problems in MOBIKE
      WG charter (issue 40).

Comments are welcome! (please include the issue number in the 
subject line when replying)

Best regards,
Pasi
_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike