Subject: (mobile-ip) Mobile IP IPv6 draft feedback

From: "Kent K. Leung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 11:13:21 -0800 (PST)

Thought I should post for feedback from wider audience than
IETF attendees.

A few issues/suggestins:

1) For Home Agent Discovery, it would be nice to return a prioritize
list of Home Agent addresses in the Binding Acknowledgement Option.
The Home Agents' priorities can be changed dynamically due to link
states and # of MNs serviced.  This type of information would be
important to MNs requesting service from HAs in its home link.

2) In section 6.2, it is not clear that all routers (not just HAs)
must support Advertisement Interval Option.  In most cases, it
won't be the HA that need to send out this option in the Router
Advertisement.

3) Typo of Length field in section 6.2.  Should be 4, not 1.

4) In section 7.1, adding the following would help IPv6 implementors
realize they need to do this.

	- Every IPv6 router SHOULD be able to send Advertisement Interval
	  Option for movement detection by Mobile Nodes.

5) In the unwritten section 2 of comparing Mobile IP IPv4 vs. IPv6,
it would be nice to highlight the advantages of IPv6 over IPv4 
(such as built in route optimization, obsolete need for reverse tunnel, 
etc.)  This would help sell Mobile IP IPv6 so people would be willing to
implement it.

-- Kent --

--
     |          |                         Kent Leung
    :|:        :|:                        Software Engineer
   :|||:      :|||:                       IOS Development
.:|||||||:..:|||||||:.                    408.526.5030
c i s c o S y s t e m s                   [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF Mobile IP Working Group Mailing List - Archives:  software.watson.ibm.com
Unsubscribe:	unsubscribe mobile-ip		(as message body, not subject)
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]