Subject: (mobile-ip) Home Agent as a Router

From: Baher Esmat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:27:03 +0300

Hi all,
	One of the main functions of any home agent is to encapsulate the IP
datagram into a new one and tunnel it to the mobile node. My question is,
does the home agent contain something like a table which maps the old
address to the new Mobile address????
	What if I want to design the border router to do this tunneling
functionality, does it have to have such a table, or it could be part of
the ordinary routing table??? How??

Thank you...

____________________________________________________
Baher A. Esmat
Communications & Networking Department
IDSC/RITSEC
11A Hassan Sabry st. Zamalek
Cairo - Egypt
Tel. 202-3391375
Fax. 202-3412139
E-mail [email-masked] 		                	

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF Mobile IP Working Group Mailing List - Archives:  software.watson.ibm.com
Unsubscribe:	unsubscribe mobile-ip		(as message body, not subject)
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]