Subject: (mobile-ip) Wireless LAN Hardware

From: Carol A Byers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 11:03:59 -0700

Hi,

I trying to set-up a test using mobile-ip with wireless PCMCIA cards on
portible PC's.  Would like to know which cards have Linux drivers ?

Carol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF Mobile IP Working Group Mailing List - Archives:  software.watson.ibm.com
Unsubscribe:	unsubscribe mobile-ip		(as message body, not subject)
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]

---

From: Stuart Jacobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 16:58:43 -0400

Carol,

You should check the PCMCIA-HOWTO for details.  I am using Lucent WaveLAN
units with Red Hat 4.2 (2.0.30 kernel) on Toshiba Tecra 700s and 730s and
IBM Thinkpad 380d laptops with the WaveLAN driver that is part of the 2.9.1
version of the PCMCIA code.  I will soon be trying out patches to bring my
systems up to a 2.0.35 kernel without breaking something.

Stu

>portible PC's.  Would like to know which cards have Linux drivers ?
==========================
Stuart Jacobs CISSP
Network Security
GTE Laboratories
40 Sylvan Road
Waltham, MA 02254
USA
telephone: (781) 466-3076
fax: (781) 466-2838
==========================
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF Mobile IP Working Group Mailing List - Archives:  software.watson.ibm.com
Unsubscribe:	unsubscribe mobile-ip		(as message body, not subject)
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]