Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-ra-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 11:30:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Rapid Authentication for Mobile IP
	Author(s)	: G. Troxel, L. Sanchez
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-ra-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 02-Dec-97
	
  This document describes a mechanism that provides Mobile IP nodes
  and agents with the necessary keys and information
  needed to establish mobility security associations within a
  foreign network. This mechanism aims at reducing the latency and
  computational burden introduced by public-key based key management
  protocols in network topologies where visiting mobile nodes register
  with their respective home agents several times through different
  foreign agents requiring Mobile-Foreign Authentication. This
  mechanism employs a key distribution center capable of generating
  the security contexts needed to authenticate Mobile IP control
  messages. This mechanism, designed as an extension to the Mobile IP
  protocol, preservs backward compatibility and interoperability with
  RFC2002 compliant implementations of Mobile IP.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-ra-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-ra-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-ra-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.