Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 11:04:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working 
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Route Optimization in Mobile IP
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, D. Johnson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-07.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 02-Dec-97
	
   This document defines extensions to the base Mobile IP protocol to
   allow for optimization of datagram routing from a correspondent
   node to a mobile node.  Without Route Optimization, all datagrams
   destined to a mobile node are routed through that mobile node's home
   agent, which then tunnels each datagram to the mobile node's current
   location.  The protocol extensions described here provide a means
   for correspondent nodes to cache the binding of a mobile node and to
   then tunnel their own datagrams for the mobile node directly to that
   location, bypassing the route for each datagram through the mobile
   node's home agent.  Extensions are also provided to allow datagrams
   in flight when a mobile node moves, and datagrams sent based on an
   out-of-date cached binding, to be forwarded directly to the mobile
   node's new binding.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-07.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.