Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-ipcp-mip-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 10:01:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile-IPv4 Configuration Option for PPP IPCP
	Author(s)	: J. Solomon, S. Glass
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-ipcp-mip-03.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 06-Feb-98
	
   Mobile IP [RFC 2002] defines media-independent procedures by which a
   Mobile Node can maintain existing transport and application-layer
   connections despite changing its point-of-attachment to the Internet
   and without changing its IP address.  PPP [RFC 1661] provides a
   standard method for transporting multi-protocol packets over point-
   to-point links.  As currently specified, Mobile IP Foreign Agents
   which support Mobile Node connections via PPP can do so only by first
   assigning unique addresses to those Mobile Nodes, defeating one of
   the primary advantages of Foreign Agents.  This documents corrects
   this problem by defining the Mobile-IPv4 Configuration Option to the
   Internet Protocol Control Protocol (IPCP) [RFC 1332].  Using this
   option, two peers can communicate their support for Mobile IP during
   the IPCP phase of PPP.  Familiarity with Mobile IP [RFC 2002], IPCP
   [RFC 1332], and PPP [RFC 1661] is assumed.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-ipcp-mip-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-ipcp-mip-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-ipcp-mip-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.