Subject: Re: (mobile-ip) Loose source routing

From: "Vishwanath. S. Edavayyanamath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 10:13:42 +0000 (GMT)

> Why not using FreshingCell as the LANE in ATM does,
> and with gratuitous arp .With the freshing sell
> we will have less security risk.

There are security risks but there should be proper security induced in
LSR concept. I was thinking about this concept while reading Flow Label
based routing in case of IPv6.

I am not aware of Freshing Cell concept can you please elaborate on this
issue. Any doc.
vishu
	  / . _
	/_ // //_/><_______________________________________________

	Vishwanath S. Edavayyanamath, Indian Institute of Science,
	Protocol Engineering Lab, Electrical Communication Engineering,
        Bangalore - 560 012, India.
	Ph: (+91)-80-3092282, Fax: (+91)-80-334 7991
        E-mail/Talk/Finger : [email-masked]
	WEB : http://pclab.ece.iisc.ernet.in/vishu/
	FTP : ftp://pclab.ece.iisc.ernet.in/pub/vishu/mobileip   / . _
	_______________________________________________________/_ // //_/><

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF Mobile IP Working Group Mailing List - Archives:  software.watson.ibm.com
Unsubscribe:	unsubscribe mobile-ip		(as message body, not subject)
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]

---

From: Casper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 11:01:59 -0800

I am not sure where you can find the issue,maybe in ATM lane.

I just heard it in a report of ATM lane , and I have such suggestion
that why we use the similar technical.That is:
After the Co-care address and IP_Tunnel have established,when a peer
want to communicate with the MH and the HA send MH's current co-care 
address to peer,then  the peer send a fresh message to MH said that
all packet send by HA is finished ,and after the peer received the
response then it uses the co-care address instead of the original.

This is just a suggestion ,many details need to be fill with.

Maybe discuss it?

Huai qj

---

From: Casper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 12:21:12 -0800

Maybe discuss it?

Huai qj