Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:56:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobility Support in IPv6
	Author(s)	: D. Johnson, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-05.txt
	Pages		: 72
	Date		: 16-Mar-98
	
   This document specifies the operation of mobile computers using IPv6.
   Each mobile node is always identified by its home address, regardless
   of its current point of attachment to the Internet.  While situated
   away from its home, a mobile node is also associated with a care-of
   address, which provides information about the mobile node's current
   location.  IPv6 packets addressed to a mobile node's home address are
   transparently routed to its care-of address.  The protocol enables
   IPv6 nodes to cache the binding of a mobile node's home address with
   its care-of address, and to then send any packets destined for the
   mobile node directly to it at this care-of address.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.