Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] Bake-off issues

From: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:28:06 -0500

>All,
>
>One of the biggest problems that were found during the bake-off is the
>fact that RFC2002 incorrectly states how the computation of the
>authentication extensions are done. Charlie Perkins has put together a
>Mobile-IP v2 draft, and I strongly urge the Working Group to move this
>document forward to last call. The issue we currently have is if
>someone states that they are RFC2002 compliant, they will not
>interoperate with the rest of the world. This is obviously not to the
>advantage of the IETF, and the Internet Community.
>
>I strongly propose that the WG chairs move the said document ahead to
>last call.
>
>On a side note, I have started to put together the bake-off results,
>but I am still waiting for the results from two participants (you know
>who you are:). As soon as I receive this information I will make it
>available to the list.
>
>PatC
>

Pat,

First of all the name draft-ietf-mobileip-v2-00.txt draft needs to be
changed to reflect a more appropriate title. Additionally this draft
does more than just clarify how the computaion of the authentication
extensions MUST be done. We need to discuss the addendums and
clarifications that this draft proposes before acting on it. Maybe
Charlie (as the editor) would like to summarize the differences of
this draft with 2002?

-Basavaraj

---

From: Haseeb Akhtar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:55:41 -0500

Hello all,

I strongly agree with Pat that we need to move ahead with Charlie's updated
draft.

Specially the issue of including SPI field in the list of protective fields
(section 3.5.1) to compute the authenticator value.

The change needed is on page 28, section 3.5.1. The third bullet after the
first paragraph should say "the Type, Length and SPI of this Extension"
instead of "the Type and Length of this Extension".

Regards,

Haseeb

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Patrice Calhoun [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, August 05, 1999 2:40 PM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      [MOBILE-IP] Bake-off issues
>
> All,
>
> fact that
> RFC2002 incorrectly states how the computation of the authentication
> extensions
> are done. Charlie Perkins has put together a Mobile-IP v2 draft, and I
> strongly
> urge the Working Group to move this document forward to last call. The
> issue we
> currently have is if someone states that they are RFC2002 compliant, they
> will not
> I strongly propose that the WG chairs move the said document ahead to last
> call.
>
> On a side note, I have started to put together the bake-off results, but I
> am still
> waiting for the results from two participants (you know who you are:). As
> soon as I
> receive this information I will make it available to the list.
>
> PatC