Subject: [MOBILE-IP] handover drafts

From: COELHO-ALVES Emmanuel CNET/DMR/ISS <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 11:05:15 +0200

Hi,

In June 99, there had many drafts concerning handovers which have been
introduced in the WG MIP.
I would like to understand the correct meaning of "BS" which has been
mentioned in those drafts. Does BS correspond to the definition we have in
GSM (BS = BTS) or UMTS (BS = Node B) ? Is it different ? In the last case
what are the differences ?

Thanks in advance
Emmanuel Coelho Alves

Emmanuel COELHO ALVES
Research Engineer
Third Generation Mobile Systems and Services
FRANCE TELECOM LABORATORY

Tel : +33 1 45 29 44 97
Fax : +33 1 45 29 43 99
Email : [email-masked]

---

From: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:52:42 -0500

>what are the differences ?

My interpretation of the "BS", in the drafts that were discussed at
IETF45, refers to the "BTS" (BS = BTS).

-Basavaraj