Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Draft naming policy

From: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 10:24:03 -0500

The current policy for draft names/titles for this WG is to determine
whether
a draft is within the scope of the charter and, if so, to include
"draft-ietf-mobileip" in the title.
To this end when a new draft (-00) is submitted to
[email-masked] with "ietf-mobileip" in the title, the
secretariat will ask the working group chairs whether the draft is
within the scope of the working group's charter.  If the objective of
the draft is clear and falls within the scope of the mobile-ip
charter, the chairs will okay it.  If it's unclear to the chairs
whether it's within the scope of the charter, the chairs will ask the
working group whether to consider it.  This process will not delay a
draft that is close to a deadline, because its submission will have
been noted by the secretariat.   All other drafts that may be in the
domain of mobile-ip should be submitted as a personal draft
"draft-xyz-mobileip-."  It is important to include mobileip in the
title since it makes it easier for the working group to find drafts
related to mobileip.

Basavaraj Patil
Phil Roberts