Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] draft-ietf-mobileip-lmm-requirements-00.txt

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:37:18 -0700 (PDT)

>> 3.4.4 Optimized signaling within the administrative domain
>> By its very nature, LMM reintroduces triangle routing into Mobile IPv6
>> in that all traffic must go through the LMM agent. There is no way
>> to avoid this. The LMM framework SHOULD be designed in such a way 
>> that as to reduce the length of the unwanted triangle leg.
>
>I would suggest to change this paragraph as following:
>
>"By its very nature, LMM MAY reintroduce triangle routing into Mobile IPv6
>in that all traffic must go through the LMM agent. The LMM framework
>SHOULD be designed in such a way that as to reduce the length of the
>unwanted triangle leg."
>
>The reason for the change is that a network provider can avoid
>re-introducing
>triangle routing by designing its LMM domain with a single gateway and
>deploying
>one LMM agent per domain at the gateway. This is only one example to avoid
>triangular routing. There might be other ways.
>
>

Actually, I'm not sure I follow. Even if there is one LMM agent
per domain, there will still be triangle routing - one leg from the CN
to the agent, another from the agent to the MN.

		jak