Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Handover Smoothing - What to Do?

From: "Hesham Soliman (ERA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:11:23 +0200

James, Rajeev and all, 

IMHO there is absolutely no gain or benefit in discussing whether
smoothing should be in draft X or Y. The question was do we want 
the bicasting technique or not ? putting it in the right draft is 
something secodary that will not add value to this discussion. 

It seems like some people are saying we don't care as long as you 
keep it out of this draft !! what's the point of this argument ? 
Putting it as MAY (as it is in the MIPv4 draft) will have the same 
effect. 

Hesham

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:03:49 -0700

Hello Hesham,

There is a huge difference between putting "MAY" into
the fast handover draft, and putting it in a separate
draft entirely.

If it's in the fast handover draft, we have to try to get
it right before the fast handover draft can be finished.

If it's in another draft, we can work on that draft
later, which is in my opinion much more appropriate.

I would appreciate taking it out of the IPv4 draft,
but I haven't had time to study that document so I
have not made any comments.

Regards,
Charlie P.