Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Subnet vs Link

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 07:40:06 -0500

>
>However, I'm wondering if putting requirements into it is really
>necessary. 

We believe the requirements are a critical part of the I-D. If you only
have scenarios that depict threats, and do not necessarily derive what
it means in terms of requirements for Mobile IPv6, it is not very
useful for developing a solution. The document now captures
requirements that should be considered in the design of a solution. 

-Basavaraj
>Alex

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Jul 2001 15:07:45 +0200

[email-masked] writes:
> We believe the requirements are a critical part of the I-D.  If you
> only have scenarios that depict threats, and do not necessarily
> derive what it means in terms of requirements for Mobile IPv6, it is
> not very useful for developing a solution. The document now captures

Aha, thanks for clarification.

I'm also wondering if another goal behind those requirements was to
avoid as much as possible modifications to Mobile IPv6 as is today?

Alex