Subject: [mobile-ip] 01 Version of BETH Draft

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:28:23 -0700 (PDT)

Folks,

Just posted the 01 Version of the BETH draft to the IETF Drafts editor.
Since the 00 deadline is tomorrow, it will probably take a while
to go through the queue. I've asked Pat to post it at diameter.org,
so it may be available tomorrow if Pat gets a chance to post it.

Most changes are editorial. The only substantive ones are:

1) Reference to context transfer has been removed from the protocol
description. It is not necessary for the protocol, though having
it is a benefit. We do talk about how the protocol could benefit
from context transfer.

2) The handoff smoothing section was moved to an appendix since it
is ancilliary to the protocol. In the handoff smoothing section,
we derive a forumla that bounds the rate of the incoming data stream,
given the rate of the wireless link and the handover latency, in
order to avoid propagating the handover latency into the user
perceptible region. If the incoming data stream rate exceeds this
bound, the user is likely to hear an artifact (for audio streams).

		jak

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:09:58 -0700

All, the latest beth draft is available at

http://www.diameter.org/draft-kempf-beth-ipv6-01.txt

Enjoy,

PatC