Subject: [mobile-ip] draft-tkn-mobileip-qosbinding-mipv6-00.txt

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:09:46 +0200

Hi,

Recently we have proposed a new idea on QoS for MIP. This 
work is based on HMIPv6 and follows the concept of the QoS
option presented by draft-chaskar-mobileip-qos-01.txt 
(H. Chaskar, etc). The difference lies on that we update a 
binding status only when QoS requirements are met, 
i.e., QoS-conditionalized.

We also compared it with the WG draft "Requirements of a 
QoS Solution for Mobile IP".

Any comments, suggestions, or critics are welcome.

Xiaoming Fu

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : QoS-Conditionalized Binding Update in Mobile
IPv6
        Author(s)       : A. Festag et al.
        Filename        : draft-tkn-mobileip-qosbinding-mipv6-00.txt
        Pages           : 29
        Date            : 16-Jul-01

Abstract        
   This draft presents a scheme for QoS support in Mobile IPv6 based on
   the architecture of Hierarchical Mobile IPv6.  A QoS option, a hop-
   by-hop header extension option first presented by Chaskar et al.
   [6], is carried in the message containing the Binding Update (BU)
   option to the mobility anchor point (MAP).  Handoffs are
conditionalized 
   upon the availability of sufficient resources in the route between MN 
   and MAP to meet QoS requirements.  When sufficient resources are not
   available and there is more than one new access router, the procedure
   can be reiterated.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tkn-mobileip-qosbinding-mipv6-00.txt