Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Concern over draft-team-mobileip-mipv6-sec-reqts- 00.txt

From: "Glenn Morrow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:43:25 -0500

Michael,

You may have a point but please do us the favor of answering these
questions:

1> Do you believe that the credentials associated with an SA for node
mobility would ALWAYS be the same as the credentials for another SA for an
application on two communicating hosts?  

2> Can there be more than one ESP header in a single IP packet without
tunneling?

3> Has there been any succesful work at changing the answer to question 2 or
perhaps defining some new generic multi-purpose IP-layer encryption option
perhaps with different properties?

4> Has there been any successful work at changing the fact that a BU can be
sent in the same packet as an application PDU?

Depending on these answers one might be able to influence consensus one way
or the other or even create a better alternative.

Answers from others are welcome too.

Regards,

Glenn

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 13:58:11 -0700 (PDT)

> application on two communicating hosts?  

   Not always. Sometimes though (maybe often even).
  
 > 2> Can there be more than one ESP header in a single IP packet without

   Not to my knowledge.
 
 > perhaps with different properties?

   Not to my knowledge.

 > sent in the same packet as an application PDU?

   Not sure what you're asking here... Are you asking if there's
   been an implementation of piggybacked BU's?

	   Mike