Subject: [mobile-ip] A public key authenticated MIPv4 available

From: Stuart Jacobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:33:54 -0400

We are submitting, as soon as the submission window reopens, the file 
draft-jacobs-mobileip-pki-auth-02.txt for consideration by the IP Routing 
for Wireless/Mobile Hosts (mobileip) WG.

This draft describes a set of extensions made to MIP for IPv4 that allows 
MNs, HAs, and FAs to use public key digital signatures for authenticating 
MIP control messages.  This code will work with self signed certificates as 
well as CA signed certificates.  Consequently a full PKI is NOT necessary.

We have developed a companion security service middle-ware set of functions 
(pkail) that provides the encryption and certificate management functions 
for this version of MIP code.  The  pkail code includes functionality for 
creating X.509 certificates that are self signed or allows you to create 
one or more CA hierarchies.  Both sets of code are available under the GNU 
copy left.  To obtain this code just send us an Email.

Available, via Email, is a tgz file which contains a user space MIPv4 that 
does public key authentication between mobile nodes, home and foreign 
agents.  The readme.txt file provides a description of what is in the 
distribution, how
to install it, how to configure it and how to rebuild it.

Also available is a .tgz file with a version of our public key middleware 
code upon which the MIP release is based.  You must independently acquire 
the RSA Security B-Safe library and in have this library installed before 
installing the pkail code.  Both sets of code build and execute on Red Hat 
distributions using linux 2.0.x and 2.2.x kernels.

==========================
Stuart Jacobs CISSP
Sr. Technologist
Verizon Laboratories
40 Sylvan Road Waltham, MA 02451-1128     USA
telephone: (781) 466-3076   fax: (781) 466-2838
[email-masked]     [email-masked]
==========================