Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] draft-shen-rsvp-mobileipv6-interop-00.txt

From: Charles Qi Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:43:20 +0800

Hi all,

With the "Requirements of a QoS Solution for Mobile IP" I-D released, it 
might be the time to consider (a) possible solution(s). In particular, we 
think it is highly important to evaluate the feasibility of forming a 
QoS-MIP framework based on existing QoS mechanisms, and to enhance them, 
where necessary.

Therefore, we greatly appreciate any comments, suggestions, and critics 
regarding our draft on RSVP and Mobile IPv6 interoperation,

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shen-rsvp-mobileipv6-interop-00.txt

We will also warmly welcome face-to-face comments in London next month.

Best Regards,

Charles

At 02:53 PM 7/20/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We recently submit a new ID titled "An Interoperation Framework for
>Using RSVP in Mobile IPv6 Networks". This draft proposes a Mobile IPv6
>and RSVP interoperation scheme. In this scheme, the underlying mobility
>support mechanism is required to provide a unique flow identity
>regardless of node mobility, making the node mobility transparent to
>flow QoS handling mechanisms. Thus QoS signaling delay as well as data
>packet delays and losses during handoff can be reduced.
>
>You can find the draft at
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shen-rsvp-mobileipv6-interop-0
>0.txt.
>
>Comments and suggestions are very welcome.
>
>BR,
>
>Haihong
>
>--
>Haihong Zheng
>Mobile Networks Laboratory
>Nokia Research Center, Irving, Texas, USA