Subject: [mobile-ip] proposed agenda

From: Phil Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:35:03 -0400

Hi folks,

   here's a new version of the agenda.  Although the history of the working
group has been
to allow presentations of as many drafts as possible, this meeting
represents a departure
from tradition.  Essentially we're going to use the time only for discussing
those things
which seem to indicate a need for face-to-face discussion time.  We would
prefer to discuss
and resolve most of the working group issues on the mailing list.  If you
believe there
is an issue that needs to be discussed that is not covered by the agenda,
please post to
the mailing list describing what it is and why.  If you have a draft with an
interesting
idea that the working group should consider for standardization or
documentation, please
attempt to generate a discussion on the mailing list.

Phil and Raj

Agenda   Phil   5 minutes
Update on WG docs  Phil 10 minutes

   This slot is for last minute updates.  Here is the current status of docs
   that are in last call or submitted to Abha.

   draft-ietf-mobileip-mier-07.txt (submitted)
   draft-ietf-mobileip-gnaie-04.txt (submitted)
   draft-ietf-mobileip-3g wireless-ext-06.txt (being updated based on IESG
feedback)
   draft-ietf-mobileip-rfc2002-bis-06.txt (being updated based on IESG
feedback)
   draft-ietf-mobileip-gen-key-00.txt (wg last call expires Friday 7/20
hopefully submitted)
   draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-key-07.txt (to be submitted Friday 7/20)
   draft-ietf-mobileip-qos-requirements-00.txt (wg last call expires 7/25)
   draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-04.txt (being updated)
   draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-10.txt (past wg last call, sitting on it until
MIP v6
         issues resolved)

Moving MIPv4 to draft standard  Charlie  10 minutes

Mobile IP v6 security update  ? draft-team-mobileip-mipv6-sec-reqts-00.txt
15 minutes
Mobile IP v6 other changes in -14 Charlie 5 minutes
draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-14.txt

v4 Low Latency Handover Karim  5 minutes
draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4-01.txt
   Is there anyone who can share implementation experiences?
   Is this doc ready for last call?

v6 Fast Handover draft-ietf-mobileip-fast-mipv6-01.txt
   BETH addition? James 10 minutes draft-kempf-beth-ipv6-01.txt
   Implementation experience report Rajeev Koodli 10 minutes

Mobile Network Support Thierry Ernst 15 minutes
Mobile IP Component Redundancy Gopal 10 minutes

LMM Requirements Carl Williams 15 minutes
(draft-ietf-mobileip-lmm-requirements-00.txt)

Issues from the list Raj 15 minutes

---

From: Theo Pagtzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:14:44 -0700

Hi all,

   we would appreciate people's feedback on the discovery process and mapping
of the mobility neighbourhood onto the correct routing neighbourhood for the
purpose of establishing IP state in a forward manner.

On the particular, issue we would like to hear the views of people on
introducing a new state in the Neighbour Discovery process, the one of
PROACTIVELY REACHABLE, in the light of extending Neighbour Discovery to tackle
proactive mobility.

The two issues are discussed in detail in
draft-pagtzis-mobileip-proactivev6-00.txt/.ps (the .ps file can be found in
(http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/t.pagtzis/docs/docs.html))

Thanks

Theo

UCL/ Mobile Systems