Subject: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-elmalki-mobileip-bicasting-v6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 05:45:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simultaneous Bindings for Mobile IPv6 Fast Handoffs
	Author(s)	: K. Malki, H. Soliman
	Filename	: draft-elmalki-mobileip-bicasting-v6-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 18-Jul-01
	
Fast Handover for Mobile IPv6 [Fastv6] describes a protocol to
minimise the amount of service disruption when performing layer-3
handoffs. This draft extends this protocol by adding the simultaneous
bindings functionality as a handoff smoothing technique. Traffic for
the MN is therefore bicast or n-cast for a short period to its
current location and to one or more locations where the MN is
expected to move to shortly. This removes the timing ambiguity
regarding when to start sending traffic for the MN to its new point
of attachment and allows the decoupling of layer-2 and layer-3
handoffs. It also saves the MN periods of service disruption in the
case of ping-pong movement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-mobileip-bicasting-v6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-elmalki-mobileip-bicasting-v6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-mobileip-bicasting-v6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.