Subject: [mobile-ip] questions about your realtime mobile ipv6 draft

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:17:28 +0200

hi!

i would like to ask you some questions related to your realtime mobile ipv6
draft:

i was curious about the presence of the entities AKDC and aPDP.

1) The entity AKDC was described as an entity that provides credentials and
authorizes use of the home KDC. why is
 this necessary? which credentials does this AKDC provide?  where is this
AKDC located? It is
 not located in the visited network and according to the initial sample
network diagram not
 located in the home network.

2)  The APDP - Authorizing PDP
 Is the APDP something like a broker or a clearinghouse? communication
between the vPDP
 and the hPDP would therefore use the aPDP as a broker (vPDP->aPDP->hPDP and
 vPDP<-aPDP<-hPDP).

from my understanding you only need a PDP and a KDC in the home network and
in the visited network.
(except if no direct trust relationship is available -> brokers)

thank you for your help.

greetings
hannes