Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Heterogeneous Handover - How Would it Work?

From: "Glenn Morrow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:32:39 -0500

Let's change the description of the MIP WG then:

Stick an "Interdomain" before the Routing for Mobile/Wireless Hosts

-----Original Message-----
From: James Kempf [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 4:11 AM
To: mobile-ip; mobile-ip
Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] Heterogeneous Handover - How Would it Work?

>> Something like SUCV, that would allow an ISP to cryptographically
identify
>> to what other ISP an address belonged, might be useful in this context.
>
>I didn't read the above in the SUCV draft. SUCV allows nodes to challenge
>the node with an SUCV address to show indicate that they have the private
>key corresponding to the address. This doesn't identify the ISP as far
>as I can tell.
>Or do you intend to infer the identity of the ISP from the high-order
>bits in the IPv6 address?
>

Right, the high order bits identify the ISP, the low order identify
the mobile node. 

I suppose there is an issue here in that a mobile node could manufacture
the high order bits and thus claim  it was from an ISV that it wasn't,
but the low order bits should provide proof. 

		jak

---

From: Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:52:58 -0700

Hello Glenn,

Since Mobile IP should work for intradomain mobility, I don't
see why this would be a good idea.

Regards,
Charlie P.