Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Commercial deployment o Mobile IP

From: "Anssi Porttikivi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:28:07 +0300

I don't quite understand, what kind of system yours is. Are the some
dual-mode handsets commercially available, that can roam from one radio
standard/network to another (satellite, CPDP, PCS, GSM,..) based on
Mobile IP foreign agent reachability? I doubt that! If the mobile node
only roams within base stations / access points of your one (satellite?)
radio network, how does it even know when to re-register its new IP
location to the HA, and why should it in the first place?

>From: Bui, Hung [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 15. lokakuuta 2001 20:54
>To: [email-masked]'
>Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Commercial deployment o Mobile IP
>
>Our mobile IP implementation is according to RFC2002.
>
>This service is available nationwide, so it is available in San Diego.
You
>need any handset which is internet ready (the I-Plus model).

>Cheers,
>Hung

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:32:30 -0500

We constantly hear MIP being deployed but we have never heard of any usage
statistics, the info as you asked, etc.

--
Behcet