Subject: [mobile-ip] QUESTION: RFC2002

From: "Shahrier, Sharif M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:18:25 -0400

Hi,

	I have a question on section 3.6.1.1. of RFC2002. It is stated that:

When registering in a foreign network with co-located care-of address, IP
source field MUST use the care-of address.
In all other circumstances IP source address MUST be the mobile node' home
address.

Does this mean that if the mobile node is in a foreign network, attached to
a foreign agent, it MUST use the mobile node's home address, and NOT the
foreign agent care-of address in the IP Source Address field? 

-Sharif.

p.s. If there is anyone who is very familar with the RFC2002 spec., and has
implementation experience, I would be grateful if they could send me e-mail
directly for some questions off -line. Thanks.

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:14:14 -0700

Hello Sharif,

> foreign agent care-of address in the IP Source Address field?

Yes, it does mean that.

> directly for some questions off -line. Thanks.

I am familiar with the specification, and have implementation experience.
Now, if I could just find enough time...  But, I can try to answer
questions anyway, except not about Windows implementations.

Regards,
Charlie P.