Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] NAIs for HA and FA (draft-ietf-mobileip-gnaie-05. txt)

From: "Mohamed Khalil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:55:56 -0500

For applications of FA-NAI refer to:

draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-05.txt
draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4-02.txt

-----Original Message-----
From: Patil Basavaraj (NET/Dallas) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 4:05 PM
To: 'Mobile IP'
Subject: [mobile-ip] NAIs for HA and FA
(draft-ietf-mobileip-gnaie-05.txt)

Hello,

I-D draft-ietf-mobileip-gnaie-05.txt specifies an NAI for the Foreign
Agent and Home Agent. These NAIs are carried in the Reg_Req and
Reg_Resp messages of Mobile IPv4. The draft does not specify the
applicability of these NAIs. What do you believe will be the need and
the use for NAIs asociated with Foreign agents and Home Agents? 
Is there a real need for HA/FA NAIs? Comments, opinions...

-Basavaraj