Subject: Portable Firewall? was RE: [mobile-ip] HA compromises

From: Phillip Neumiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:56:14 -0400

This seems to indicate to me that Norton's (Symantec) personal firewall 
software or other such products are going to sell really well in the near
term wireless future!!!  The typical Window's PC or CE device (and Linux)
have tons of gaping holes that can be exploited if not fire-walled.  The
logical place to put the firewall is on the MN I believe.  Hopefully the
firewall will support MIP ICMP advertisements etc..

--
Mesh Networks, Inc. (www.meshnetworks.com)
Phillip D. Neumiller, Staff Scientist
[email-masked] PH: 1-407-659-5387
****************************************************************************
This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above and may contain
confidential, proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the
named addressee or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
named addressee, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the
e-mail and destroy any printed copy. The contents should not be disclosed to
anyone and no copies should be made. We take reasonable precautions to
ensure that our emails are virus free. However we accept no responsibility
for any virus transmitted by us and recommend that you subject any incoming
e-mail to your own virus checking procedures.