Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Draft 15

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 05:47:24 +0300

Hello

I can't download the new draft from
http://people.nokia.net/charlep/txt/mobilev6/mobilev6.txt. Could you please
send one copy to me?

Thanks!

Andy (ChunAn Li)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
Advanced Internet Technologies Group
Communication Systems Lab of Nokia Research Center

E-mail: [email-masked]
MP: +86 13601028331 Fax: +86 10 84222438

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Charles E. Perkins [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 5:08 AM
To: Mobile IP Working Group
Cc: Basavaraj Patil (NTC/Dallas); Phil Roberts
Subject: [mobile-ip] Draft 15

Hello folks,

I have done a rough edit on revision 15 of Mobile IPv6.
It needs some proofreading.  There may still be some problems
left over because of eliminating the Mobile Router capability,
and the "Prefix Length" field of the Binding Update.  Also,
I am still puzzling over the e-mail about how a mobile node
should get the link-layer address of the home agent when it
returns home.

Here is the current draft:
	http://people.nokia.net/charlep/txt/mobilev6/mobilev6.txt

Here is a list of changes:

    -  Removed the Mobile Router Prefix Length Sub-Option
   
    -  Removed the Prefix Length field from the Binding Update.
   
    -  Reworded the specification so that the Home Agent now has to
       perform Duplicate Address Detection for the mobile node's address
       on all the prefixes for which the router is performing home agent
       service.
   
    -  Removed the section about Mobile Routers
   
    -  Added the Authentication Data Sub-option; reorganized the section
       about computing authentication data.
    
    -  Specified that the Home Agent lifetime is by default the same as
       the Router lifetime, in a Router Advertisement.
    
    -  Specified that Binding Updates with zero lifetime and the 'A' bit
       set should cause a Binding Acknowledgement to be sent back to the
       Source IP address of the Binding Update.

    -  Qualified the allowable times when a mobile node can send a
       Binding Update to a correspondent node

    -  Added text allowing the correspondent node to extend an existing
       Routing Header by also including the care-of address as the entry
       of a routing header to be visited immediately before the home
       address.  In this way, for instance, the mobile node can be an
       intermediate node of a path along the way to some other node.
   
    -  Removed the Home Address field from the Home Agent Address
       Discovery Request Message.
    
    -  Noted that ICMP Unreachable forms a potential mechanism by which
       a malicious node can cause a correspondent node to delete a valid
       entry from its Binding Cache.

    -  Specified that, when a router stops offering home agent services
       by turning off the 'H' flag, the mobile node has to delete the
       corresponding entry from its Home Agent list. 

I'll wait a bit longer before sending it, depending on current
mailing list discussion and any other comments that may be
contributed.  Surely there will be some other changes that have
to be made anyway, but it is possible to imagine that they will
be small ones.

Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:05:12 +0300

On Mon, Oct 08 2001, at 05:47:24 +0300, [email-masked] wrote:
> http://people.nokia.net/charlep/txt/mobilev6/mobilev6.txt.

There is a typo in the URL (charlep -> charliep). The correct URL is:
http://people.nokia.net/charliep/txt/mobilev6/mobilev6.txt

  Bjorn

-- 
Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]>                       +358 50 341 2556
Lifix Systems Oy <http://www.lifix.fi/>                 PGP id 5AFC144B
Yliopistonkatu 5, 3rd floor; FIN-00100 Helsinki