Subject: [mobile-ip] Conferences on wireless networks

From: "Shahrier, Sharif M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 16:02:27 -0400

Are there any conferences or workshops on wireless networks scheduled in the
month of December 2002?
The comsoc web page doesn't list any, so I'm wondering if anyone has
information from other sources that they can send to me.
Thanks in advance.

Sharif.

---

From: "Subrata Goswami" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:47:24 -0700

The IP Source Address in Registration request is bound by section
3.6.1.1 (attached below) of RFC 3220.

I urge the WG chairs to change the last MUST to a MAY. After this change
the
Sentence would read 

" In all other circumstances, the IP source address MAY be the mobile
node's home address."

I have found no reason why this is a MUST rather than a MAY.  

Subrata

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

3.6.1.1. IP Fields

   This section provides the specific rules by which mobile nodes pick
   values for the IP header fields of a Registration Request.

   IP Source Address:

      -  When registering on a foreign network with a co-located care-of
         address, the IP source address MUST be the care-of address.

      -  Otherwise, if the mobile node does not have a home address, the
         IP source address MUST be 0.0.0.0.

      -  In all other circumstances, the IP source address MUST be the
         mobile node's home address.