Subject: [mobile-ip] To: [email-masked]

From: "Krishna Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:01:24 -0700

Hi,

The following section says :

"9.3.1. Receiving Home Test Init Messages

   Upon receiving a Home Test Init message, the correspondent node
   verifies the following:

    -  MH Type field for this message is 1.
    -  The Header Extension Length field MUST be greater than or equal
       to the length specified in Section 6.1.3.
    -  The packet MUST NOT include a Home Address destination option.
"

It doesn't say what needs to be done if these tests fails, do we discard
the
packet or send an error back and discard ? The same exists in section
9.3.2.

9.4.1 clarifies that for BU's, if the conditions are not met, the message
must be
silently discarded. Same for 11.5.2  (MN receiving RR messages say that if
conditions are not met, discard packet silently). Should similar
terminology
be used for the above two sections too ?

Thanks,

- KK

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:43:38 +0300

> be used for the above two sections too ?

Yes. The MH Type test seems also redundant, let's remove that.
And add the following statement after the list in both 9.3.1 and 9.3.2:

    Any packet carrying a Home Test Init (Care-of Test Init) message which
    fails to satisfy all of these tests MUST be silently discarded.

Jari