Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] RFC3012bis - Comments from ADs (Protocol related) (ISSUE No. 9)

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:44:05 -0500

Please see comments inline.

Regards;
Ahmad Muhanna

Non-editorial comments associated with RFC3012bis:

Please post your comments with the appropriate issue number in the subject
line (instead of simply replying to this email).

-Chairs.

9. It seems odd that the Mobile-Foreign challenge is carried between
   the FA and HA. In fact, its use there seems to be different in that
   it seems to be a cookie used to reject bogus registration replies
   from the HA. This odd use then results in having the FA be required
   to replace the challenge it receives from the HA as specified in
   3.3. If there is need for a cookie/challenge between FA and HA,
   that seems to be completely separate from the MN-FA challenge.

I think the same argument of ISSUE No. 8 can be made here too.
This is an existing text in RFC3012 and it will cause a lot of 
backward compatibility issues changing it. 

Regards,
Ahmad