Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Optimistic DAD for Fast Handovers

From: "Hesham Soliman (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:50:51 +0200

When the OptimisticNode sends the Neighbor Solicitation, the 
Router will create an entry for the Optimisitic Node in its 
cache looking at the source link layer address option. If 
the IP address is already in use by some other node, that cache 
entry  will get overwritten. Now, Where does the NA go ?  How were you 
planning to force the OptimisticNode to use the default 
router ? 

=> I guess this discussion was in the context 
of FMIPv6. In this case the OptimisticNode does not
need to send an RS to the default router (the proxy
RA was already received before the MN moved). As for 
PeerNodes on the link, I was suggesting that the 
OptimisticNode does not send NSs to them until 
DAD is finished, and communicate (inefficiently
but temporarily) through the default router. 
The only ND message the OptimisticNode needs to send
(apart from DAD) is a NA with the O flag cleared, 
which will not overwrite any existing entries for 
the IP address being tested.

Hesham

---

From: "Alper E. YEGIN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:18:32 -0700

> of FMIPv6. 

Despite the subject line, I think we better solve this
for general case and make sure it also applies to
Fast Mobile IPv6 Handovers... (therefore maybe
carry on this discussion on IPv6 list??)

> In this case the OptimisticNode does not

alper