Subject: [mobile-ip] Mobile Multimedia Communications Conference 2003 - Call for Papers

From: "Jonathan Landgrebe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:09:59 +0200

---Mobile Multimedia Communications Conference 2003---
                 --Call for Papers--
			 - www.momuc.org  -

Please give this message to interested persons
Our apologies for cross-postings

              Announcement and Call for Papers / Submissions

         Mobile Multimedia Communications Conference (MoMuC) 2003
       The First Interdisciplinary International Conference on Mobile
                             Business and Technology

        "Opening Up New Frontiers in Mobile Business and Technology"
                  6-8 October 2003, Munich, Germany

                    refer to www.momuc.org  or see below

---Extended abstracts of proposals can be submitted 
until February 28th 2003--- 

MoMuC 2003 is the eights in a series of international workshops - Tokyo
in 1994, Bristol in 1995, Princeton in 1996, Seoul in 1997, Berlin in
1998, San Diego in 1999 and Tokyo in 2000 - aimed at stimulating
knowledge exchanges in the emerging and strategically important field of
Mobile Multimedia Communications. 3G, Wireless LAN and systems and
technologies "beyond 3G" have been launched or are under development. 

For the first time in this series the business viewpoint of mobile
technologies will be integrated to complement technological issues.
During the last years it has become increasingly obvious that the
technological push of new wireless technologies will not result in
successful products if the opportunities are not carefully evaluated in
particular from the customer point of view.

MoMuC 2003 is organized by the Center for Digital Technology and
Management (CDTM) of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University and Technical
University of Munich and chaired by Prof. Dr. Jorg Eberspacher and Prof.
Dr. Dres. h.c. Arnold Picot.

MoMuc 2003's goal is to bring together researchers, practitioners and
potential users involved in and affected by emerging wireless
technologies. The workshop targets at experts in multimedia systems and
mobility issues on the technological and business side. The impact of
the workshop is to provide an effective forum for original and
fundamental advances in Mobile Multimedia Systems and business models
and to foster communication among researchers and practitioners working
in a wide variety of scientific areas with a common interest in mobile
multimedia communication. Also we wish to provide a timely forum for
exploratory research contributions, and to promote cross-disciplinary
interactions in an informal setting.

-----------------Details on ways for participating-----------------

--Topics--
Topics of the conference are either business-, technology- or
interdiciplinary in their nature and relate to mobile technologies.
Exemplarily please see the following overview of topics below. For more
details please consult www.momuc.org:

-Mobile services, applications and content
-Development process of mobile services
-Mobile Multimedia Systems
-Wireless networks for personal communication
-Network management and services
-Mobile terminal hardware and software
-Business models and strategic options
-Market and consumer perspective
-Political and societal framework

--Dates and Deadlines--

Nov. 01, 2002	First date for submission of extended abstracts 
Feb. 28, 2003	Deadline for submission of extended abstracts for
			-	Papers
			-	Posters/ Demonstrations 
May 15, 2003	Notification of acceptance
July 15, 2003	Deadline for submission of final version of accepted
			papers (to be published in the conference
proceedings)

--Proposals for participation may include--

.. papers,
.. posters, incl. software and demonstrations

The official conference language is English.

--Information on the types of presentation--

Papers:
The time for the presentation of a paper will be 20 minutes including
time for discussion.

Poster/Demonstration:
Poster presentations are less formal and more interactive than a
standard talk and will be presented in special sessions. Each presenter
is provided with about 2 square meters of board space. Demonstrations
will be presented in special sessions and can take a variety of forms,
which should be indicated with submission of the abstract.

Abstracts for posters and demonstrations can be submitted after Feb. 28
and will be included in the program as long as there is enough space
available but these posters/ demonstrations will not be included in the
conference proceedings book.

--Abstract Submission--

The extended abstract should include the following information on a
cover sheet:

..	Title of the paper.
..	Complete information regarding the (presenting) author,
	affiliation, address, phone, fax, e-mail.
..	Indicate corresponding author (first author assumed unless
	otherwise noted).
..	Indicate preferred topic areas.
..	Indicate what kind of paper is submitted: Technical, business or
	interdisciplinary
..	For demonstrations, please submit detailed requests for
	demonstration facilities needed.

All papers will be subject to international peer review and will be
evaluated for content and merit, innovative contribution, clarity, and
relevance to the symposium's theme.

--Abstract length (excl. pictures and diagrams)--

Paper Presentation:	 	1000-1500 words
Poster/ Demonstrations:	 	500 words

You can submit an abstract by sending it  by e-mail to
mailto:[email-masked] in Microsoft Word or pdf  - format.

If you wish to submit more than one abstract, please submit each
abstract separately.

--Conference Proceedings--

The Conference Proceedings with full papers will be published at the
Conference as a book and CD. Regarding Posters and Demonstrations, the
abstracts will be published.

--Committees..

-Steering Committee:  
Jorg Eberspacher, TU Munich, Germany
David J. Goodman, Polytechnic University, U.S.
Arnold Picot, LMU Munich, Germany
Dipankar Raychaudhuri, WINLAB/Rutgers University, U.S.
Hideyoshi Tominaga, Waseda University Tokyo, Japan

-Conference Chairs:
Jorg Eberspacher, TU Munich, Germany
mailto:[email-masked]  
Arnold Picot, LMU Munich, Germany
mailto:[email-masked] 

Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE, Communication Society Chapter Germany,
VDE, ITG

For questions please contact mailto:[email-masked]     

MoMuC 2003 Secretary
c/o Center for Digital Technology and Management
Arcisstr. 21, Room 1734 
80290 Munchen
Tel.:   +49 (0) 89 289 28163
Fax:    +49 (0) 89 289 28459
Email:  mailto:[email-masked]    
        www.momuc.org