Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] RFC3012bis - Comments from ADs (Protocol related) (ISSUE 11)

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:53:10 -0500

please see comments inline.

Regards;
Ahmad Muhanna

Non-editorial comments associated with RFC3012bis:

Please post your comments with the appropriate issue number in the subject
line (instead of simply replying to this email).

-Chairs.

11.    Since the extension type for the Challenge extension is within the
   range 128-255, the Home Agent MUST process such a Registration
   Request even if it does not recognize the Challenge extension [7].
   In this case, the Home Agent will send a Registration Reply to the
   Foreign Agent that does not include the Challenge extension.

   I fail to see the utility of sending a reply back without a challenge 
   since the FA is required to reject the reply.

The same argument of ISSUE 8 & 9 can be made here too.

Regards,
Ahmad