Subject: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-nat-traversal-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:42:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile IP NAT/NAPT Traversal using UDP Tunnelling
	Author(s)	: H. Levkowetz, S. Vaarala
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-nat-traversal-06.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2002-9-27
	
Mobile IP's datagram tunnelling is incompatible with Network Address
Translation (NAT).  This document presents extensions to the Mobile
IP protocol and a tunnelling method which permits mobile nodes using
Mobile IP to operate in private address networks which are separated
from the public internet by NAT devices.  The NAT traversal is based
on using the Mobile IP Home Agent UDP port for encapsulated data
traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-nat-traversal-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-nat-traversal-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-nat-traversal-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.