Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] LMM requirements: security issue

From: "Hesham Soliman (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:53:39 +0200

> So for every on-link CoA an RCoA must exist plus the tunnel from the
  > defence of the RCoA (local to the LMM agent) towards that 
  > on-link CoA.
  > That means that for a million subscribers you are going to 
  > need three
  > million addresses for the LMM function...(home,RCoA, LCoA) 

=> The first and third addresses above are not a requirement
of the LMM function although they are used by it and by the
MIPv6 base spec. Only RCoA is required by LMM
as an addition to the existing MIPv6. So for a million
subscribers, LMM requires additional million addresses. 

Hesham

---

From: Theo Pagtzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 07:18:14 +0100

> subscribers, LMM requires additional million addresses.

very true...I was just observing the total signalling picture..

-- 

thanks

theo