Subject: [mobile-ip] Mobile IPv4 -Registraion Reply code "1"

From: Hiroyuki OHNISHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:06:14 +0900

Hi

I have some questions about Registration Reply code "1"in Mobile IPv4.
RFC 3220 says as follows.

////////////////////
3.4. Registration Reply

       0 registration accepted
       1 registration accepted, but simultaneous mobility
        bindings unsupported

3.8.2.2. Accepting a Valid Request

    If the Registration Request satisfies the validity checks in Section
    3.8.2.1, and the home agent is able to accommodate the Request, the
    home agent MUST update its mobility binding list for the requesting
    mobile node and MUST return a Registration Reply to the mobile node.

    In this case, the Reply Code will be either 0 if the home agent
    supports simultaneous mobility bindings, or 1 if it does not.  See
    Section 3.8.3 for details on building the Registration Reply message.
///////////////////////

If HA does not support simultaneous bindings, in which following case 
should HA send Registration Reply with code "1"?

-Receiving RRQ with "S" bit sets. (HA notifies MN that the it does not 
support simultaneous bindings only when it receive simultaneous binding 
request from the MN)
-Receiving RRQ with "S" bit sets and  RRQ  with "S"bit not sets (regardless 
of the "S" bit status, HA notifies MN that the HA does not support 
simultaneous bindings.)

thanks in advance.

---
Hiroyuki