Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:21:54 -0500

1) Web Boost For Transport Network
New Web site will help people use Scotland's transit network.
Link to story from the BBC:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/2577873.stm
Link to news release from the Scottish Executive:
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/pages/news/2002/12/SEET208.aspx
Direct link to Traveline Web site:  http://www.traveline.org.uk/

2) Updates From The ICDN Newsletter
 -  Houston Metro Plans to Deploy a More Intelligent Transit Priority Scheme
http://www.nawgits.com/icdn/ivoms_tp.html
 -  ITS and Operations at the TRB 2003 Annual Meeting
http://www.nawgits.com/trb/trb2003.html

3) FAA Operations Plan Allows Real-Time Exchanges With Airlines
Link to article in Government Computer News:
http://www.gcn.com/vol1_no1/daily-updates/20694-1.html

4) Harbor To Put Security To The Test
Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach being transformed into testing grounds for new devices
and strategies designed to deter
terrorism.
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, California):
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-secure16dec16.story  (free registration required)

5) Funds To Help Smart Travel
Link to article in The Citizen (Gloucestershire, UK):
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=74375&command=displayContent&sourceNode=73927&contentPK=3225143

6) LED Signs Lead Some Boston Area Rail Riders Astray
Link to story in The Boston Globe (Boston, Massachusetts):
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/349/metro/LED_sings_lead_some_rail_riders_astray+.shtml

7) Inventors Listen For Avalanches
Engineers hope device can be used to help with highway closings.
Link to Associated Press story via the Billings Gazette (Billings, Montana):
http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2002/12/14/build/wyoming/avalanche.inc

8) FAST In Effect Today At Main Ontario Border Crossings
Link to story on Truck News.com:
http://www.trucknews.com/article.asp?id=14157

9) Net Access On The Way To An Airline Near You
Link to Associated Press story in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (Atlanta, Georgia):
http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/epaper/editions/today/business_d3cf7165b51e515b002c.html

10) Release Of Auto Safety Data Disputed
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, California):
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-safety13dec13.story  (free registration required)

11) FAA Approves Back-Up System
Link to story in the Federal Times:
http://federaltimes.com/index.php?C=576096.php

12) Deficit Could Push Minnesota Highway Helpers To Wayside
Link to column in the Pioneer Press (St. Paul, Minnesota):
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/columnists/toni_coleman/4747644.htm

13) Now Green Lights All The Way For Sydney Buses
Link to article in the Sydney Morning Herald (Sydney, Australia):
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/12/15/1039656300874.html

14) Bay Area Goes Wireless To Secure Bridges, Tunnels
Link to story in Computerworld:
http://www.computerworld.com/mobiletopics/mobile/technology/story/0,10801,76772,00.html
Link to news release from Proxim Corporation:
http://www.proxim.com/about/pressroom/pressrelease/pr2002-12-16.html

15) Anti-Collision Device To Be Installed On Indian Trains
Link to article in The Hindu (Chennai, India):
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/02142214.htm

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/