Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Future Magazine Names San Diego `Capital of Wireless Future'

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:01:14 -0500

Wireless Future Magazine Names San Diego `Capital of Wireless
 http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=34832669&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

News

IndustryWatch

Aerospace/Defense

Auto

Aviation

Banking

Business and Finance

Chemicals

Computers

Economy/Markets

Energy

Entertainment

Environment

Food

Government

Healthcare

Insurance

Internet

Metals & Minerals

Real Estate

Retail

Small Business

Telecommunications

- Equipment

- Fiber Optics

- Local Providers

- Long Distance

- Wireless

- Regulations

- Satellite

Transportation

Travel

Utilities

searchIndustryWatch

Markets &
Stocks

Commentary

Technology

Personal Finance

Retirement

Mutual Funds

Money 101

Money's Best

Track your
stocks

Calculators

CNNfn
on TV

Services

CNN.com

CNNSI.com

MONEY
Magazine
Customer
Service

E-MAIL
NEWSLETTERS
sign
up!

MOBILE NEWS
•AvantGo

sign
up!

Wireless Future Magazine Names San Diego `Capital of Wireless Future'; Latest Issue Spotlights San Diego's Innovative Telecom Community

Source: Business Wire

Publication date: 2002-12-02

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 2, 2002--Centers of wireless
research and development can be found in almost every industrialized
country. However, only San Diego earns the title of "Capital of the
Wireless Future," according to a series of articles in the latest
issue of Wireless Future Magazine, a service of Wirelesslee.

More than 500 San Diego-based companies are involved in designing,
developing and implementing innovations that will drive the future of
technology, including 3G, Bluetooth, wireless LANs, GPS location and
free space optics. Major wireless manufacturers with headquarters in
Europe and Asia also maintain engineering offices in San Diego.

To help all companies build momentum, the local telecom community
has access to a wide assortment of educational, technical, networking
and venture capital resources. These and other aspects of the city's
vast wireless industry are spotlighted in the publication's
November/December issue, now available online at
www.wirelessfuturemagazine.com.

The articles, written by President/Editorial Director Rikki Lee,
include a discussion of San Diego's growth as a high-tech community, a
profile of wireless innovator Qualcomm and an interview with San Diego
Telecom Council President Marco Thompson. "Companies based in this
city are engineering the wireless technology agenda for the next
generation and beyond," Lee said. "And they participate in an immense
synergy that multiplies with each new business relocating here."

With a readership of wireless technology professionals worldwide,
sponsor-supported WFM is a full-length publication that can be read
online, printed in a printer-friendly format or downloaded in Adobe
Acrobat Reader PDF format.

In addition to the San Diego stories, the latest issue features
articles from Infineon Technologies North America Corp., Bayly
Communications, SiRF Technology, Lightbridge and WatchMark, all
speculating on the future direction of wireless. Articles include
optimization of backhaul systems, multimode GPS location technology,
an evolution to "mobile everything" and the development of seamless
networks. Sponsors for the November/December issue are Digit Wireless
and Sonim Technologies, which provide white papers on their innovative
solutions.

About Wirelesslee Inc.

Wirelesslee, publisher of Wireless Future Magazine, is an
editorial project management, consulting and writing services firm now
based in San Diego. For more information, visit www.wirelesslee.com.

Publication date: 2002-12-02

© 2002, YellowBrix, Inc.

CNNmoney

contact us | magazine
customer service |
site
map | CNN/Money
glossary

OTHER NEWS: CNN | CNNSI | Fortune | Business 2.0 | Time | ON
Copyright © 2002 CNN America, Inc. An AOL Time
Warner Company ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms under which this
service is provided to you. privacy policy