Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Israel sells terminals to Airborne Express in $40m deal (dated)

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:17:53 -0500

Motorola Israel sells terminals to Airborne Express in $40m deal

The hand-held wireless terminals will enable drivers to update their delivery status by
wireless.

Boaz Gilmore   26 Jun 02   10:59

Motorola Israel has signed a contract with Airborne Express of the US to supply 3,000
hand-held wireless terminals developed at the company's Arad plant. Motorola Israel
wireless department manager Menachem Diamanstein told ''Globes'' that the deal was worth
an estimated $40 million, with most of the revenue accruing to the Israeli division.
The hand-held terminals will enable drivers to update their delivery status by wireless.
The terminals have already been tested and supplied to drivers in key US cities, including
Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles and Seattle. Follow-up sales are expected to number
thousands.

Wireless data transmission on most of the terminals will be carried out via Nextel
Communications (Nasdaq:NXTL),the US equivalent of MIRS Communications. Motorola (NYSE:MOT)
has developed mobile wireless terminals for leading international companies, including
FedEx (NYSE:FDX) and Deutsche Post (XETRA:DPWG).

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on June 26, 2002

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/