Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Allen Telecom Announces Additional Orders for Grayson Wireless' GSM/TDMA E 911

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 15:49:52 -0500

Allen Telecom Announces Additional Orders for Grayson Wireless' GSM/TDMA E 911
Geometrix(R) Equipment

  Additional November Orders for Geometrix System Valued at Over $20 million

    BEACHWOOD, Ohio, Dec. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Allen Telecom Inc.
(NYSE: ALN) announced that its Grayson Wireless division received additional
orders during November to provide its digital dual-band, dual-mode, GSM/TDMA
compatible network-based Geometrix E911 caller location systems.  These
additional purchase orders are valued at over $20 million for products to be
delivered during the first half of 2003.  The Geometrix systems will provide
location information for the carriers' wireless E911 callers to Public Safety
Answering Points (PSAP) that have been equipped to receive this information.
    "Geometrix is the location system of choice among small, medium and large
carriers.  Geometrix meets the needs of carriers in urban, rural and suburban
environments.  We are proud to be the leading caller location system provider
for GSM and other wireless technologies," stated Terry Garner, President,
Grayson Wireless.
    Geometrix wireless location equipment is compatible with both digital and
analog network technologies.  The software based, open architecture of the
Geometrix system can be upgraded to accept third generation and other future
air interfaces to increase the coverage and capacity of an existing wireless
network.  The Geometrix system has also been designed to accommodate a variety
of location-based services, including fleet management, concierge services and
personal security, in addition to providing location information when a caller
dials 911 for emergency assistance.
    Grayson Wireless ( http://www.geometrix911.com ), a division of Allen Telecom
Inc. (NYSE: ALN), designs, builds, and markets the Geometrix system, a state-
of-the-art, scalable, cost-effective, network overlay solution intended to
allow carriers to meet the FCC's stringent Phase II requirements for wireless
E 911 caller location. Geometrix was the first Phase II compliant wireless
location system to be placed into commercial service.  Geometrix works with
the CDMA, GSM, TDMA, AMPS, and iDEN wireless technologies, and is thus
compatible with all wireless phones in use in the United States. In addition
to meeting the FCC's E 911 requirements, Geometrix also can provide caller-
locating support for a wide variety of location-based value-added services.
    Allen Telecom Inc. ( http://www.allentele.com ) is a leading supplier of
wireless equipment to the global telecommunications infrastructure market.
Grayson Wireless supplies measurement and signal processing systems for
testing the performance of a wireless network, network-based wireless caller
geolocation systems for E 911 and value added services.  FOREM supplies
sophisticated filters, duplexers, combiners, amplifiers and microwave radios
to an array of OEM customers.  MIKOM focuses on providing repeaters, in-
building systems and other products that enhance both the coverage and the
capacity of a wireless system.  Tekmar Sistemi provides integrated low power
fiber optic and cable distributed antenna systems for indoor coverage systems.
Decibel Products and Antenna Specialists manufacture land based and mobile
antennas in frequency bands that cover all of the traditional wireless
networks.  Comsearch offers program management, network planning, engineering,
development and installation of wireless networks worldwide.
    Statements included in this press release, which are not historical in
nature, are forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor
provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.  Forward-
looking statements regarding the Company's future performance and financial
results are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause
actual results to differ materially from those set forth in the forward-
looking statements.  Factors that could cause the Company's actual results to
materially differ from forward-looking statements made by the Company,
include, among others, the cost, success and timetable for new product
development including, for example, products for 3G, E 911 and power
amplification; the cost and outcome of litigation, including, for example, a
lawsuit filed by a competitor in the E 911 geolocation business claiming
infringement by the Company of intellectual property rights; the cost and
availability of capital and financing to the Company and its customers; the
uncertain timing and level of purchases by the limited number of the Company's
customers of both current products and services, and those under development;
the effective realization of inventory, receivables and other working capital
assets to cash;  the impact of competitive products and pricing in the
Company's markets;  the impact of U.S. and foreign government
legislative/regulatory actions, including, for example, the scope and timing
of E 911 geolocation requirements in the U.S. markets and spectrum
availability and licensing for new wireless applications;  the cost, timing
and availability of personnel, facilities, materials and vendors required for
the Company's current and future products; and whether and when backlog will
be converted to customer sales.  Allen Telecom Inc.'s Annual Report on Form
10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q may contain additional factors.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-12-2002/0001857091&EDATE=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/