Subject: [mobile-ip] CFP-The First ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems

From: "Erdal CAYIRCI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:43:24 +0200

Our apologies if you have received multiple copies of this CFP

===============================================
PRELIMINARY CALL FOR PAPERS

The First ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
SenSys 2003
http://www.cens.ucla.edu/sensys03
November 5-7, 2003, Los Angeles, California, USA

Sponsored by: ACM (Sigcomm, Sigmobile, Sigarch, Sigmetrics, Sigops), and NSF

SenSys 2003 introduces a high caliber forum for research on systems issues
in the emerging area of embedded, networked sensors.  These distributed
systems of numerous smart sensors and actuators connecting computational
capabilities to the physical world have the potential to revolutionize a
wide array of application areas by providing an unprecedented density and
fidelity of instrumentation.  They also present a host of novel systems
challenges because of resource constraints, uncertainty, irregularity, and
scale.  SenSys design issues cut across multiple fields, including wireless
communication, networking, operating systems, architecture, low-power
circuits, distributed algorithms, data processing, scheduling, sensors,
energy harvesting, and signal processing, so a holistic approach is
required. SenSys seeks to provide a cross-disciplinary venue for researchers
addressing the rich space of networked sensor system design issues to
interact and exchange recent results.  It is the first of a planned series
of annual meetings with a highly selective, single-track technical program
and a hands-on research exhibition. This inaugural 2003 conference shall
take place in Los Angeles, CA.

PAPERS:

Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research are
solicited. In general this conference is interested in papers that address
system issues in embedded networked systems. Specific topics of interest
include the following:

* Network protocols for sensor networks
* Operating system and middleware for sensor networks
* Distributed database processing in sensor networks
* Distributed algorithms for sensor networks
* Novel sensor node hardware and software platforms
* Sensor network planning and deployment
* Energy management in sensor networks
* Adaptive topology management
* In-network processing and aggregation
* Data storage in sensor networks
* Distributed and collaborative signal processing
* Distributed Actuation, Control, and Coordination
* Localization in time and space
* Distributed calibration in sensor networks
* Simulation and optimization tools
* Applications of distributed sensor networks
* Security and Robustness in sensor networks

Please consult the program chairs at [email-masked] if you
are uncertain whether your paper is in the scope of the conference.

PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

All submissions will be handled electronically and must be in PDF or
PostScript format. Papers must not exceed 15 pages (US "Letter" size, 8.5 x
11 inches) including text, figures and references. The font size must be at
least 10 points. Accepted papers will be published in the conference
proceedings. We will adopt a double-blind process for paper review, where
the identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers. Authors'
names and their affiliations must not be revealed or mentioned anywhere in
the paper or in the postscript or PDF file. Submitted papers should be
original, unpublished work and not currently under review for any other
conference or journal. Papers not following these guidelines will be
rejected. To submit a paper, please refer to the paper submission link at
the conference website, http://www.cens.ucla.edu/sensys03. Questions about
the submission process should be directed to the Program Co-Chairs at
<[email-masked]>.

RESEARCH EXHIBITS and POSTERS

There will be a research exhibition and poster session.  Details will be
provided in the final Call for Papers.

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper Registration & Abstract:  April 1, 2003
Paper Submission Deadline:  April 8, 2003
Notification of Acceptance: June 27, 2003
Camera Ready Copy:   August 1, 2003

CONFERENCE COMMITTEE

General Co-Chairs: Ian Akyildiz <[email-masked]>   Deborah Estrin
<[email-masked]>
Program Co-Chairs: David Culler <[email-masked]> Mani Srivastava
<[email-masked]>

STEERING COMMITTEE

 Ian Akyildiz <[email-masked]>, Deborah Estrin <[email-masked]>,
and Taieb Znati <[email-masked]>

Please visit the SenSys 2003 Home Page at http://www.cens.ucla.edu/sensys03,
or send email to [email-masked] for more information about the
conference.