Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Wins Interagency Emergency Services Contract in the Netherlands

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 17:00:58 -0500

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-05-2002/0001852453&EDATE=

-

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Motorola Wins Interagency Emergency Services Contract in the Netherlands

MOTOROLA LOGO

Motorola logo. (PRNewsFoto)[TC]

SCHAUMBURG, IL USA 03/07/2002

MOTOROLA LOGO

Motorola logo. (PRNewsFoto)[JL]

SCHAUMBURG, IL USA 04/15/2002

LIMBURG, Netherlands, Dec. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola
(NYSE: MOT) has won a contract to supply TETRA (TErrestrial Trunked RAdio)
handsets to three different emergency services in Limburg. The handsets will
allow seamless communication between Limburg ambulance, police and fire
service, which will allow mission critical information to be instantly
communicated amongst public safety officials at an accident.
The contract was awarded in open tender by the regional police of Limburg
South and calls for Motorola, in partnership with distributor KPN, to deliver
more than 1000 digital radio devices to the police, ambulance and fire
services in Limburg. The handsets will work on the new C2000 nationwide
digital TETRA network that is deployed in the Netherlands.
TETRA allows inter-communication of public safety agencies within the
system and also connects to telephone networks, while offering protection from
eavesdropping with control channel encryption.
David Ritchie, Motorola Director for C2000 said, "This is a great contract
to win as it really shows what TETRA can do when agency interoperability is
essential. The efficiency and reliability of TETRA makes it highly suited for
emergency services, which require reliability, high capacity and security. We
already have more than 150,000 TETRA radios in daily use by transit and public
safety customers throughout Europe, Asia and Latin America, including more
than 38,000 of our second generation TETRA handsets.

C2000, The Netherlands
Motorola is supplying a professional digital radio network for public
safety organizations in the Netherlands. C2000 is the largest private radio
communications project in the Netherlands' history and will provide services
for all Dutch public safety organizations. Users will include the police,
fire brigade, ambulance service and military police. Motorola is providing
the TETRA digital network as a subcontractor to TETRAnet. The contract was
signed in April 1999.
The project is being deployed across 15 zones groups in the country. A
trial and evaluation process was initiated in the Amsterdam area. This
evaluation process commenced at the end of 2000 and proved satisfactory with a
"GO" decision in November 2001.
The infrastructure roll out is progressing over the next few years and the
nationwide operational "go live" date is scheduled for January 1, 2004.
The Amsterdam region has a requirement for up to 2,500 TETRA radios and
the nationwide system has a potential for in excess of 40,000 TETRA radios.
The contract with Motorola includes both the TETRA professional digital
radio network and an Alpha/Numeric paging system. With an unrivalled heritage
in public safety communications, Motorola not only offered proven technology
but also extensive expertise and understanding of customer needs and related
security issues.
The project is the trailblazer for TETRA in Europe it borders with Germany
where a cross border communications trial will be undertaken incorporating the
Aachen pilot TETRA system also being provided by Motorola.
Motorola is one of the founder members of the TETRA Memorandum of
Understanding, an industry group with representatives from users,
manufacturers, operators, test houses and telecom agencies.

Motorola Safety and Security Solutions
Motorola is a leading provider of integrated communications and
information solutions, with more than 60 years of experience in meeting the
mission-critical requirements of public safety, public service, government and
enterprise customers worldwide. The company's extensive safety and security
portfolio includes: interoperable two-way radio communications solutions with
encrypted security capabilities; command and control equipment and software
applications, including computer-aided dispatch, 999 and 112 systems, and
automated records management systems; identification and tracking solutions,
including palm/fingerprint and photo-imaging systems, as well as comprehensive
information management capabilities for criminal justice and civil needs; and
physical security and monitoring solutions, including remote monitoring and
diagnostics.

About Motorola
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) is a global leader in providing integrated
communications and embedded electronic solutions. Sales in 2001 were
$30 billion.

For more information please visit:
Motorola TETRA: http://www.motorola.com/tetra
TETRA MoU: http://www.tetramou.com
Motorola Internet Media Centre: http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter
Photography is available at http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/graphics

SOURCE Motorola, Inc.

Web Site: http://www.motorola.com

Photo Notes: NewsCom:
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020307/MOTLOGO
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020415/MOTNOTAGLOGO AP
Archive: http://photoarchive.ap.org PRN Photo Desk,
+1-888-776-6555 or
+1-212-782-2840

Issuers
of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of
the content.

More news from PR Newswire...

Copyright © 1996-2002 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.

A United
Business Media company.