Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: [Wireless Forum Homeland Security Group] Dog Pound - Dec. 19, 2002

From: Alan Dixon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:35:33 -0500

Okay, I give up.  What does "U-TDOA" stand for, please?  I will go ahead
and ask if it is a network-based, handset-based, or hybrid system, as
well.  However, I will likely find that I already know the answer to my
second question once I unmask the identity of this technology.

Thanks to all,
Alan "I Don't Do Acronyms" Dixon

Please copy replies to <n3hoe[a]juno.com>.

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 03:24:51 -0500 Marcel <[email-masked]>
writes:

Cingular has finally pulled the trigger: they filed a supplement to
their required FCC report saying they'll use U-TDOA to provide Phase II
capabilities on their GSM network. You'll recall the company hinted
earlier that E-OTD technology just wasn't providing sufficient accuracy,
and they would not deploy it. Cingular's filing also said they tested
the U-TDOA technology, provided by TruePosition, and over 17 sites and
20 square miles in Wilmington (Del.), 1,500 test calls resulted in 67%
of calls being located to within 47.1 meters, and 95% of calls located
within 112.2 meters.

----------

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:42:08 -0500

Uplink Time Difference Of Arrival technology- It is a network based solution.

http://www.trueposition.com/images/TP_Technology.pdf