Subject: [NEXTEL-1] More headaches for poor Riley...when will this guy stop?

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:59:35 -0500

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

GLENN BAXTER CALLS FOR HOLLINGSWORTH RESIGNATION

Belgrade Lakes, Maine - 22 December 2002

In a brief statement to the Wall Street Journal today, Glenn A.
Baxter, P.E., K1MAN, has called for the immediate resignation of FCC
Special Counsel Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH. Hollingsworth is the
Chief FCC Enforcement Officer of the Amateur Radio Service in the
United States. Mr. Baxter is Executive Director of the American
Amateur Radio Association and is also President if the IARN Amateur
Radio Peace Corps Foundation, Inc. Mr. Baxter, in pointing out that
Hollingsworth has obviously lost his ability to regulate the Amateur
Radio Service in the United States stated that he,
Hollingsworth, would best serve the public at this time by simply
resigning quietly. Mr. Baxter cited recently alleged criminal charges
filed against Hollingsworth with the United States Department of
Justice as well as his long history over the last few years of
allegedly improper and unethical handling of routine Amateur Radio
regulation matters, most of which are common knowledge.

Hollingsworth publicly admitted to the entire Amateur Radio community
a few weeks ago that he had "goofed" and "made a fool of himself" with
regard to his letters to hams regarding the use of 146.52 simplex, but
Baxter said that the FCC Special Counsel continues to "goof" and make
"a fool of himself" on a daily basis and has now totally lost his
power to effectively regulate our precious Amateur Radio Service in
any meaningful and constructive manner. More details can be found at
www.K1MAN.com www.K1MAN.com 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/