Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Dog Pound - Dec. 21, 2002

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:06:19 -0500

There's still lots of public safety communications news out there, even as we head into
the holidays. Thanks to Terry at the Salt Lake Valley Emergency Communications Center for
this odd incident: Several Sandy City residents called the center to report a deer had
been hit and killed, and was laying to the side of a major roadway--not an unusual call
for the area. What <was> unusual, and which concerned callers the most, was that someone
had placed a red light bulb in the snout of the animal, "traumatizing children and making
them believe that Rudolph was now dead." Hahahahahaha!  A sergeant hastily responded to
"de-bulb" the deer until animal control could be called out to remove the carcass.

--------------------------
E-Comm in Vancounver (BC) has completed installation of its new Altaris CAD software to
handle dispatching for the police department. The software is being phased in by several
agencies, and will eventually become the standard for all the region's law enforcement,
fire and EMS agencies, and will include mapping capabilities. Eventually, it will be
linked to an AVL system that will provide closest-unit CAD recommendations.

--------------------------
The city of Dyersburg (Tenn.) is looking for a new 911 system, and has issued an RFP. You
can find it at this long link in Acrobat (pdf) format:

http://cody.cityofdyersburg.org/eoc/active__rfp.htm

--------------------------
The state of Maine has signed Motorola to provide a new radio system for the state police,
including Printrak CAD, mobile data and reporting, and AFIS. The software will be
installed at the MSP's 4 comm centers, and 275 vehicles will be equipped with mobile
terminals. The system will be implemented in three phases and should be completed by
mid-2003.

--------------------------
Intrado Inc. revised its 2002 earnings forecast and outlined its expectations for 2003:
4th-quarter revenue should be from $29.0 to $29.5 million, compared to a previous
forecast  of $29.5 to $31.2 million, the result of, "product delivery delays and slower
than anticipated new product penetration." Michael Dingman, chief financial officer, said:
“Although the products in question were shipped during the fourth quarter, we do not
believe all revenue recognition criteria will be met in time to record the revenue before
year-end. We expect to recognize the related product revenue early in 2003." He added that
the results were still a record, and that 2003 total revenues should reach $125 to $133
million.

--------------------------
The FCC pumped out several matters on Friday, including asking for comments on a waiver
request filed by the state of Alaska to use federal frequencies to build a
federal/non-federal, shared, state-wide public safety radio system. The FCC now approves
such requests for interoperability purposes, but Alaska wants to use the frequencies for
"day-to-day communications and activities."

--------------------------
A group of public safety agencies along the Mexican and Canadian border, known as the
Border Area Coalition, met with the FCC to discuss ways of reducing interference in the
800 MHz band, as part of the overall re-organization of that band as first suggested by
Nextel. They noted that the Consensus Proposal doesn't make particular note of the border
regions, and that, "Other border proposals to date are inadequate and do not present
proportionate spectrum for current licensees." We've added a link to the group's
presentation document on our homepage under "800 MHz Interference." 

--------------------------
Lastly, the FCC released the full text of its Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on
whether other types of telephone systems (PBX, Centrex, satellite systems, etc.) should be
subject to its current 911 rules. We've updated the link on our FCC page.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Eric M. Hutchinson - N8XHP" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:17:52 -0500

I purchased the cable today, and I am trying to get dial up working - I can not find the USB drivers for the cable, and my i95cl phone - does anyone have the drivers that they can email to me?  

Thanks!

Eric

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.431 / Virus Database: 242 - Release Date: 12/17/02

---

From: "marcel_rf1 <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 09:34:12 -0000

Did you try this?

http://iden.motorola.com/iupdatephone/en/j2me_downloadinfo.cfm

--- In [email-masked], "Eric M. Hutchinson - N8XHP" 
<hutch@j...> wrote:
> I purchased the cable today, and I am trying to get dial up working 
- I can not find the USB drivers for the cable, and my i95cl phone - 
does anyone have the drivers that they can email to me?

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 04:39:41 -0500

FYI- Dutchboy wrote:

<Snip>

I found a way to make the USB cable work with IDEN update under Windows XP.

First make sure you have the USB drivers correctly installed, check this by making sure
you can get Labjal or Icjal to work.

Then install the Iden Update software.

Then open the following directory in windows explorer:

c:\Program files\Motorola\IDEN Update\

right click on the file ISL.Exe and select Properties

click on the Compatibility tab

check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" option

select Windows 2000

click OK

Now run the IDEN Update program and all should work....

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: "Eric M. Hutchinson - N8XHP" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 10:52:55 -0500

Yep; tried this - the software still searches for a COMM PORT and will not let you proceed.  I have found 2 versions - 1 that crashes in install - since it wants to search for comm 1 -4, but NO USB.  The other has a USB check box after it installs - and it says "communication ok", but when you run it - it will not look for USB, and says no phone found - error # 210...

Eric
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: marcel_rf1 <[email-masked]> 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 4:34 AM
  Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: HELP: I need USB drivers for i95cl

  Did you try this?

  > Version: 6.0.431 / Virus Database: 242 - Release Date: 12/17/02

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
              ADVERTISEMENT

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 

  ---