Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Help from N.E. GA or SC

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:23:21 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
   From: JLDavis
Subject:  Help from N.E. GA or SC

Greetings! Straight from the "You ain't gonna believe this..." stack of stuff. Here in
Troup County / Lagrange along the GA / AL border our Sheriff's Dept repeater is being
keyed up by Hart County S.O.  When I looked at the map on ScanAtlanta, I couldn't believe
my eyes.  Troup is on the opposite edge of the state from Hart!  Talk about skip!   We've
been hearing these guys but I could never hear the name of the agency.  Well, the other
day, loud and clear I heard a DNR calling Hart County. As I suspected, Hart's repeater
output is 156.210 Mhz.  That is Troup's repeater input frequency. Troup operates a PL tone
of 100-Hz. Can anyone that receives Hart County S.O. on 156.210-Mhz please advise what PL
tone Hart is using????   Either Hart has the same PL tone or our repeater's CTCSS is not
always remaining in the "ACTIVE" position. Thanks for any help you can offer. Best
Regards,
Julian

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Richard E. Willimon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:29:27 -0500

Hart county is not the closest agency to troup that uses the same
freq.'s...check the fcc database...

Richard E. Willimon
Communications & Electronics, Inc.
www.2wayradio.com
800-238-1277 LaGrange Ga.
706-882-7840 LaGrange Ga.
800-306-8054 PhenixCity Al.
334-298-8962 PhenixCity Al.
706-845-0375 Home
888-475-5033 Southern LINC portable
888-399-3044 Southern LINC mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 2:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Help from N.E. GA or SC

-------- Original Message --------
   From: JLDavis

Greetings! Straight from the "You ain't gonna believe this..." stack of
stuff. Here in
Troup County / Lagrange along the GA / AL border our Sheriff's Dept repeater
is being
keyed up by Hart County S.O.  When I looked at the map on ScanAtlanta, I
couldn't believe
my eyes.  Troup is on the opposite edge of the state from Hart!  Talk about
skip!   We've
been hearing these guys but I could never hear the name of the agency.
Well, the other
day, loud and clear I heard a DNR calling Hart County. As I suspected,
Hart's repeater
output is 156.210 Mhz.  That is Troup's repeater input frequency. Troup
operates a PL tone
of 100-Hz. Can anyone that receives Hart County S.O. on 156.210-Mhz please
advise what PL
tone Hart is using????   Either Hart has the same PL tone or our repeater's
CTCSS is not
always remaining in the "ACTIVE" position. Thanks for any help you can
offer. Best
Regards,
Julian

---

From: "Richard E. Willimon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:35:54 -0500

In addition...pl doesn't really matter....if the repeater is keyed up any
transmission made on the input frequency will be repeated whether or not
they use the same pl tone or any at all...

Richard E. Willimon

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 2:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Help from N.E. GA or SC

-------- Original Message --------
   From: JLDavis

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:01:08 -0500

Julian:

It's roughly a 170-mile path between Hartwell and LaGrange.  We have clients
in both counties.  You are licensed for 100 Watts ERP, and they are licensed
for 220 Watts ERP.  It's typically unlikely that you will continually hear
one another, especially with the rugged terrain you have between you.  With
the clear, warm day today, you are probably experiencing a little sporadic
E, and that will go away in a few hours or less.

I saw Richard's post about others nearby...you said you heard DNR calling
Hart Sheriff's Office...note that within a similar distance you have others
on the same frequency.  Looks like Bessemer and Jackson are about to go away
anyways...

      1  WNZL530  MARION, COUNTY OF  0001746940  PW  Active  04/01/2003
      2  KIB558  BESSEMER, CITY OF  0001749373  PW  Active  01/20/2003
      3  KIB664  BIRMINGHAM, CITY OF  0001749332  PW  Active  09/03/2012
      4  KNBL429  CLAYHATCHEE, TOWN OF     PW  Active  11/24/2003
      5  KWI895  JACKSON, COUNTY OF     PW  Active  02/01/2005
      6  KYJ302  MONTGOMERY, CITY OF  0001763846  PW  Active  05/29/2005
      7  WPJR807  BALDWIN, COUNTY OF  0001747526  PW  Active  10/06/2004
      8  WPPZ575  SUMTER, COUNTY OF     PW  Active  03/31/2005

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 2:23 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Help from N.E. GA or SC

  -------- Original Message --------
     From: JLDavis

  Greetings! Straight from the "You ain't gonna believe this..." stack of
stuff. Here in
  Troup County / Lagrange along the GA / AL border our Sheriff's Dept
repeater is being
  keyed up by Hart County S.O.  When I looked at the map on ScanAtlanta, I
couldn't believe
  my eyes.  Troup is on the opposite edge of the state from Hart!  Talk
about skip!   We've
  been hearing these guys but I could never hear the name of the agency.
Well, the other
  day, loud and clear I heard a DNR calling Hart County. As I suspected,
Hart's repeater
  output is 156.210 Mhz.  That is Troup's repeater input frequency. Troup
operates a PL tone
  of 100-Hz. Can anyone that receives Hart County S.O. on 156.210-Mhz please
advise what PL
  tone Hart is using????   Either Hart has the same PL tone or our
repeater's CTCSS is not
  always remaining in the "ACTIVE" position. Thanks for any help you can
offer. Best
  Regards,
  Julian

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ADVERTISEMENT

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.