Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:26:21 -0500

1) Kansas Testing New Road Condition Phone Service
Link to Associated Press story in The Salina Journal (Salina, Kansas):
http://www.saljournal.com/stories/122902/new_roadCall.html
Link to story in The Wichita Eagle (Wichita, Kansas):
http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/4827385.htm

2) Illinois Working To Upgrade Road Condition Hotline With Switch To 511
Link to Associated Press story via WMAQ-TV (Chicago, Illinois):
http://www.nbc5.com/news/1859783/detail.html

3) Switched-On Italians 'Smart' Traffic Lights
Link to story on IOL:
http://www.itechnology.co.za/index.php?click_id=116&art_id=qw1040999220974B234&set_id=4

4) To Boldly 'Go' Through E-ZPass
New Jersey officials look at how best to communicate to drivers there may be a problem
with their toll tag.
Link to article in The Star-Ledger (Newark, New Jersey):
http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-2/1041145925292410.xml

5) Airline Security Campaign Takes Off
Transportation Security Administration public education campaign expanding.
Link to article in The Washington Times (Washington, DC):
http://www.washtimes.com/business/20021230-36540532.htm
Direct link to 'Prepare for Takeoff' Web site:  http://www.TSATravelTips.us

6) Self-Service Takes Off
Kiosks become more popular at airports.
Link to story in the Pioneer Press (St. Paul, Minnesota):
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/4826247.htm

7) Delhi Metro In 'Stay Away' Plea
Link to story from BBC News:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2610253.stm

8) US DOT Launches New Tool For Winter Road Maintenance
Link to news release from the US Department of Transportation:
http://www.dot.gov/affairs/fhwa4802.htm
Direct link to MDSS Web site:  http://www.ops.fhwa.dot.gov/weather/MDSSRollOut.htm

9) Final Report: Rural ITS Non-Rider Survey Findings
Link to report from the Federal Highway Administration:
http://www.itsdocs.fhwa.dot.gov//JPODOCS/REPTS_TE/13755.pdf

10) North Carolina Rolls Out Road Signs For Tourists
Link to story in The Free Press (Kinston, North Carolina):
http://www.kinston.com/Details.cfm?StoryID=7941

11) Automakers Block Crash Data Recorders
Link to article in The New York Times (New York, New York):
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/29/national/29CRAS.html  (free registration required)

12) Automakers Want Stronger Warning Labels On Air Bags
Link to article in USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2002-12-26-air-bags_x.htm

13) Bureaucrat's Safety Mission Gets Personal When Son Dies
Link to article in The Washington Post (Washington, DC):
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49047-2002Dec28.html

14) Georgia Transportation Agency Creates Web Site To Help Kids Understand Transportation
Alternatives
Link to article in the Gwinnett Daily Post (Lawrenceville, Georgia):
http://www.gwinnettdailyonline.com/GDP/articleEE9394FD07E14ADF9D5E5BB1C52CD46C.htm
Direct link to Little Red Schoolhouse Web site:  http://www.ga400nsas.com/schoolhouse/
Link to news release from the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority:
http://www.grta.org/news_section/current_articles/shoolhouse_122302.htm

15) Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport Improves Services For Travelers With Disabilities
Increased map visibility, visual paging, lower flight information display systems among
the changes.
Link to news release from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021228/lasa002_1.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/