Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Flarion On The Move-

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:52:56 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FC20021202750000218.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

Flarion Expands Management Team with Wireless Spectrum and Deployment Expert; Barclay Jones Joins Flarion as Vice President of Field Operations

BEDMINSTER, N.J., Dec 2, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Flarion Technologies, the architect of the flash-OFDM(TM) mobile broadband system for licensed mobile operators, today announced the appointment of Barclay Jones as the company's first vice president of field operations.

Source:

Business Wire

Date:

12/02/2002 09:02

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Short (1 or 2 pages)

Document ID:

FC20021202750000218

Subject(s):

Appointment; Bandwidth; Communications; Consulting; Editors; Engineering; Government; Homeland Security; Internet; Licenses; Magazine; New Jersey; Note; President; Radio; Regulations; Technology; Trial; University; Venture Capital; Wireless

Document Type:

Press releases

Flarion Expands Management Team with Wireless Spectrum and Deployment Expert; Barclay Jones Joins Flarion as Vice President of Field Operations

Story Filed: Monday, December 02, 2002 9:02 AM EST

BEDMINSTER, N.J., Dec 2, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Flarion Technologies, the
architect of the flash-OFDM(TM) mobile broadband system for licensed mobile
operators, today announced the appointment of Barclay Jones as the company's
first vice president of field operations.

In this new role, Mr. Jones will lead Flarion's field-readiness team and the
deployment of flash-OFDM(TM) with customers and trial operators. A wireless
spectrum and field expert, Mr. Jones will also consult with Flarion's customers
and alliance program partners on efficient spectrum allocation and interference
issues.

Spectrum efficiency continues to be an important issue as government agencies,
lawmakers and operators explore different ways to effectively allocate available
spectrum, including wireless solutions for homeland security networks, as well
as developments for longer range wireless systems for consumers. Flarion's
technology has been integral in the development of spectrum efficiency
initiatives to meet strict government requirements.

"We are very pleased to welcome Barclay Jones to the Flarion team," said Mike
Gallagher, president of Flarion. "With more than a decade of experience
deploying emerging wireless networks and addressing spectrum efficiency issues,
Barclay's appointment reinforces Flarion's commitment to developing solutions
that work within government regulations to meet the needs of both the public and
private sector. This is an important step as we ready for the commercial
deployment of a Flarion mobile broadband network."

Before joining Flarion, Mr. Jones was the president of JBJ Communications, a
consulting firm focused on providing field consulting services for wireless
infrastructure vendors and 'due diligence' services for venture capital firms.
Prior to JBJ, Mr. Jones was the Chief Operating Officer of GroupServe, Inc. Most
notably, Mr. Jones was the Vice President of Engineering at American Personal
Communications (APC)/Sprint Spectrum where he played a key technical and
managerial role in the successful launch and operation of the nation's first PCS
network in November 1995. While at APC, Mr. Jones authored the "Frequency Agile
Sharing Technology (FAST) Report" which was cited by the Federal Communications
Commission (FCC) as the key technical analysis leading to the PCS frequency
allocation in the 1850-1990 MHz band. Mr. Jones is also the sole inventor of the
FAST, a spectrum sharing technology to facilitate the commercial launch of PCS
networks and licenses to Motorola, Ericsson and Nortel. Mr. Jones has won
numerous awards and distinctions, including the prestigious Technology Award,
presented by the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA), and he is
a contributing founder of PCIA's Microwave Clearinghouse Board. Mr. Jones
received a bachelor's degree in Engineering and Applied Sciences from Harvard
University.

About Flarion Technologies

Flarion Technologies is mobilizing the Internet with its innovative mobile
communications network technology, flash-OFDM(TM). Flarion's technology, which
originated in Bell Labs, enables licensed mobile operators to profitably offer
Internet Protocol (IP)-based broadband services. For mobile operators, Flarion's
technology has the lowest cost per broadband subscriber as compared to any
mobile system in the world. Flarion's RadioRouter(TM) base station product
easily overlays onto an operator's existing network and radio spectrum, and
provides a seamless routing interface to the operator's existing IP network.
Flarion's flash-OFDM-based devices provide users mobile Internet access with a
true broadband experience.

Flarion Technologies is based in Bedminster, New Jersey (USA). The Company has
been named as the #1 company on Unstrung's "Top 25" and "Top 10 to Watch" by Red
Herring Magazine. Investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, Charles River
Ventures, Cisco Systems, Equitek Capital, New Venture Partners II LP, Nassau
Capital, and Pequot Capital. More information about Flarion can be accessed at

www.flarion.com

Note to editors: Flarion, flash-OFDM, RadioRouter are trademarks of Flarion
Technologies. Other trademarks and registered trademarks referenced herein
remain the property of their respective owners.

CONTACT: Flarion Technologies
Ronny A. Haraldsvik, 1-408-202-4278
[email-masked]
or
Access Communications
Chris Loncto, 1-917-522-3500
[email-masked]

URL:
http://www.businesswire.com

Today's News On The Net - Business Wire's full file on the Internet
with Hyperlinks to your home page.

Copyright (C) 2002 Business Wire. All rights reserved.

KEYWORD: NEW JERSEY

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: COMPUTERS/ELECTRONICS

HARDWARE

INTERNET

TELECOMMUNICATIONS

MANAGEMENT

CHANGES

SOURCE:

Flarion

Technologies

Copyright © 2002, Business Wire, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.