Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wavecom Introduces CDMA Tri-Mode Module On Market

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 22:21:29 -0500

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=34871668&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

-

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

News

IndustryWatch

Aerospace/Defense

Auto

Aviation

Banking

Business and Finance

Chemicals

Computers

Economy/Markets

Energy

Entertainment

Environment

Food

Government

Healthcare

Insurance

Internet

Metals & Minerals

Real Estate

Retail

Small Business

Telecommunications

- Equipment

- Fiber Optics

- Local Providers

- Long Distance

- Wireless

- Regulations

- Satellite

Transportation

Travel

Utilities

searchIndustryWatch

Markets &
Stocks

Commentary

Technology

Personal Finance

Retirement

Mutual Funds

Money 101

Money's Best

Track your
stocks

Calculators

CNNfn
on TV

Services

CNN.com

CNNSI.com

MONEY
Magazine
Customer
Service

E-MAIL
NEWSLETTERS
sign
up!

MOBILE NEWS
•AvantGo

sign
up!

Wavecom Introduces CDMA Tri-Mode Module On Market

Source: Business Wire

Publication date: 2002-12-03

ISSY-LES-MOULINEAUX, France & SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 3,
2002--Wavecom SA (NASDAQ: WVCM; Euronext Nouveau Marche: 7306), the
world's number one provider of integrated wireless modules, announced
today at the CDMA Americas Congress 2002 show the company's new
tri-mode CDMA WISMO(R) Quik module: the WISMO Quik Q2438.

This new WISMO Quik module incorporates CDMA digital 800 MHz, CDMA
1900 MHz and Amps 800 MHz into one product. It provides wireless
communications for a variety of different markets.

Because it will be one of the smallest CDMA modules on the market,
Wavecom's Q2438 WISMO Quik easily accommodates handsets and PDAs, in
which form factor is critically important.

The new CDMA tri-mode module uses QUALCOMM's MSM6050 chipset and
includes position location abilities supported by QUALCOMM's gpsOne
technology.

With this tri-mode module, Wavecom now offers two complete CDMA
wireless engines - the Q2338 and Q2358 for machine-to-machine (M2M)
applications, and the Q2438 for a variety of personal communication
devices.

"By shifting the burden of building the wireless part of their
device onto Wavecom, our customers are able to better focus on the
development of their particular application or product thus providing
the ability to move both product development and product introduction
more quickly and efficiently," said Aram Hekimian, Chief Executive
Officer at Wavecom. "With our existing global presence in terms of
support and manufacturing capability, Wavecom is poised to lead the
module market for CDMA as well. Already, we are aggressively
penetrating the market with our CDMA products, both within the United
States and in Asia, specifically China."

About Wavecom

A world pioneer in innovative wireless solutions, Wavecom was the
first company to commercialize GSM technology in the form of a
standard module, the WISMO, making wireless technology available to
everyone. WISMO modules are compact devices that include all of the
hardware, software and other technology needed to enable wireless
communications over the GSM/GPRS, CDMA and future 3G networks.

WISMO modules enable any equipment or system to communicate
without a fixed line connection. Applications include mobile
telephones, automotive navigation and information systems, personal
digital assistants with wireless communications functions, and devices
enabling communication between vending machines or utility meters and
control centers.

Founded in 1993 and headquartered near Paris in
Issy-les-Moulineaux, Wavecom has subsidiaries in Hong Kong (PRC),
Seoul (South Korea) and San Diego (USA). Company revenues totaled
(euro)322.7 million in 2001 and (euro)415.7 million in the nine months
ended September 30, 2002. Wavecom is publicly traded on Euronext Paris
(Nouveau Marche) in France and on the NASDAQ National Market exchange
in the U.S.

www.wavecom.com

This press release may contain forward-looking statements that
relate to the Company's plans objectives, estimates and goals. Words
such as "expects," "anticipates," "intends," "plans," "believes," and
"estimates," and variations of such words and similar expressions
identify such forward-looking statements. The Company's business is
subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, including probable
variability in the Company's quarterly operating results,
manufacturing capacity constraints, dependence on a limited number of
customers, variability in production yields, dependence on third
parties, currency rate changes and risks associated with managing
growth. These and other risks and uncertainties, which are described
in more detail in the Company's most recent filings with the
Securities and Exchange Commission, could cause the Company's actual
results and developments to be materially different from those
expressed or implied by any of these forward-looking statements.

Publication date: 2002-12-03

© 2002, YellowBrix, Inc.

CNNmoney

contact us | magazine
customer service |
site
map | CNN/Money
glossary

OTHER NEWS: CNN | CNNSI | Fortune | Business 2.0 | Time | ON
Copyright © 2002 CNN America, Inc. An AOL Time
Warner Company ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms under which this
service is provided to you. privacy policy