Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC to Refund $16.1 Million to Dobson Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 14:07:39 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FC20021205540000098.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

FCC to Refund $16.1 Million to Dobson Communications

OKLAHOMA CITY, Dec 05, 2002 (PRIMEZONE via COMTEX) -- The Federal Communications Commission has notified DCC PCS, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Dobson Communications Corporation (OTCBB:DCEL), that the agency will refund $16.1 million in Dobson deposits related to FCC Auction No. 35. Dobson expects to receive the refund by the end of December.

Source:

PrimeZone Media Network

Date:

12/05/2002 08:30

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Very Short (310 words)

Document ID:

FC20021205540000098

Subject(s):

Pmz; Alaska; CEO; Communications; Consumer; Licenses; New York; Oklahoma; Technology; Washington; Web; Wireless

FCC to Refund $16.1 Million to Dobson Communications

Story Filed: Thursday, December 05, 2002 8:30 AM EST

OKLAHOMA CITY, Dec 05, 2002 (PRIMEZONE via COMTEX) -- The Federal
Communications Commission has notified DCC PCS, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary
of Dobson Communications Corporation (OTCBB:DCEL), that the agency will refund
$16.1 million in Dobson deposits related to FCC Auction No. 35. Dobson expects
to receive the refund by the end of December.

In early 2001, DCC PCS participated in Auction No. 35 and was high bidder on 14
wireless licenses in seven states and Washington, D.C. The agency ruled in
November 2002 that Auction No. 35 bidders may withdraw their bids for licenses
related to NextWave Personal Communications, Inc., have the related deposits
returned, and be relieved of any obligation to purchase NextWave licenses on
which they were high bidders. DCC PCS was high bidder on 11 NextWave licenses.

"The FCC's decision removes a cloud over the U.S. wireless industry and will
support a more rapid deployment of next-generation technologies and consumer
services," said Everett Dobson, chairman and chief executive officer.

DCC PCS has a pending application for three non-NextWave licenses, for Juneau
and Fairbanks, Alaska and Syracuse, New York, on which the Company was also high
bidder in Auction No. 35. Approximately $1.9 million remains on deposit with the
FCC in relation to these licenses, representing 20 percent of their total value
of approximately $9.6 million.

Dobson Communications is a leading provider of wireless phone services to rural
markets in the United States. Headquartered in Oklahoma City, the Company owns
or manages wireless operations in 17 states. For additional information on the
Company and its operations, please visit its Web site at
www.dobson.net.

By Staff
CONTACT: Dobson Communications Corporation
J. Warren Henry, Vice President, Investor Relations
(405) 529-8820

(C) Copyright 2002 PrimeZone Media Network, Inc. All rights reserved.

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: Telecom Services
SUBJECT CODE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS
LEGAL
Company Announcement

Copyright © 2002, PrimeZone Media Network, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.