Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJ's 5100 series P-25 portable recieves NIICD certification]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:35:04 -0500

EFJohnson
Announces Fire Certification
of the 5100 Series Portable
Washington, DC

December 2, 2002-- EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) announced
that EFJohnson's Project 25 portable radio, the 5100, has been
certified for use during wildland fire suppression activities.

This certification makes EFJohnson one of only two suppliers of
Project 25 portable radio equipment to successfully complete this
evaluation process.

The field certification process was chartered by the National
Wildfire Coordination Group (NWCG) for the National Interagency
Incident Communication Division (NIICD) at the National
Interagency Fire Center in Boise, Idaho, to field test Project 25
radios and recommend those radios that meet the requirements for
use by the federal fire and aviation community.

"We are extremely proud to achieve this level of recognition from
the federal government, and specifically the Department of the
Interior" said Michael E. Jalbert, EFJ chairman and chief
executive officer. "We believe this is further proof that
EFJohnson offers federal users quality, value and choice as they
strive to complete their transition to narrowband operation."

"Once the EFJohnson 5100 was accepted through the DOI contract, we
put it through our field testing program where the radio was given
to smoke jumpers, fire fighters and our technical operations
personnel for evaluation," commented Stephen Jenkins, Chief of the
National Interagency Incident Communications Division. "We
received numerous positive comments from our testers about the
5100's size, weight and ease of use." Jenkins added.

"We view the results of this evaluation as a considerable step in
establishing our position as a complete Project 25 supplier to the
federal government," said Jim Ridgell, vice president of federal
business at EFJohnson.

EFJohnson Company (http://www.efjohnson.com), founded in 1923,
provides wireless communications systems solutions for public
safety, commercial, and government customers. The company designs,
manufactures, and markets conventional and trunked radio systems,
land mobile radio repeaters and mobile and portable radios,
including Project 25 digital radio products. EFJohnson is a wholly
owned subsidiary of EFJ, Inc.

EFJ, Inc. (http://www.efji.com) designs, manufactures and markets
trunked and conventional radio systems, stationary land mobile
radio transmitters and receivers, including mobile and portable
radios, and manufactures information security products that
prevent the unauthorized interception of sensitive voice and data
communication.

http://www.efjohnson.com/News/News_Detail.asp?ArticleID=141

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/