Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RELM AWARDED U.S. FOREST SERVICE CONTRACT

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:33:13 -0500

December 4, 2002

RELM AWARDED U.S. FOREST SERVICE CONTRACT

WEST MELBOURNE, FL. December 4, 2002 – RELM Wireless Corporation (NASDAQ: RELM) a
manufacturer, developer, and distributor of wireless land mobile radio (LMR) products
announced that it has again been awarded participation on the contract to supply two-way
radio communication equipment to the United States Forest Service (USFS).  Under the terms
of the contract, RELM will supply BK Radio-brand portable and mobile two-way radios and
accessories, as well as base stations and repeaters.

These are listed on the contract as items 1, 4, 9, 11,12, & 13.  For pricing information,
please contact Becky Prosser at [email-masked].

The contract is for a period of one year with options to renew for up to three years.
Although the contract does not specify definite quantities or delivery dates, the USFS is
the Company’s largest customer.

David Storey, President and CEO of RELM, commented, “We are pleased and proud to once
again be selected to provide products and service to the U. S. Forest Service.  Our
two-way communications solutions, we believe, offer a unique combination of reliability
and value.  For over ten years we have recognized the critical importance of providing
fire fighters with products meeting the highest quality standards for use in situations
that are often life threatening.  In fact, as Bendix-King, our products were originally
designed to specifically meet their requirements.   We are looking forward to continuing
our long-standing commitment to the fire fighting community.”

For over a decade, BK Radio products have been the choice of USFS two-way radio users
nationwide. For this contract, the Company will provide its GPH portable and GMH mobile
radio, among other products.  Both offer features especially attractive to USFS users that
are not found in other manufacturers’ radios.

To address future needs the GPH and GMH can be upgraded to the new DPH and DMH digital
platforms. This capability is particularly important to the USFS as their migration from
analog equipment to digital technology moves forward. With tens-of-thousands of BK Radio
units in-service within the USFS, the ability to upgrade provides a significant
opportunity for savings. After upgrading to the digital platform, GPH and GMH users will
still be able to utilize existing accessories, such as antennas and batteries, reducing
the drain on their budgets even further.

USFS users of BK Radio products will also be able to take advantage of a unique product
called EarthLoc that offers positioning and tracking capabilities. EarthLoc is a compact
global positioning-based system for monitoring the location of individual radio users and
assets. The design of the system allows for instant "plug and play" operation in BK Radio
products.  For emergency situations, field units are equipped with a one-touch button for
instant notification to the dispatcher. Emergency notification is presented with a
flashing red display and an audio alarm indicating which unit sent the signal and the
location from which the signal was generated.

http://www.RELM.com/Newsroom/Press/120402.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/