Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon Wireless Named Official Wireless Provider of the Atlanta Falcons

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:55:56 -0500

Verizon Wireless Named Official Wireless Provider of the Atlanta Falcons

    Verizon Wireless and Falcons Celebrate Their Two-year Deal by Hosting
     Humphries Elementary School Students and Parents at December 15 Game

    ATLANTA, Dec. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest
wireless provider, and the Atlanta Falcons have signed a two-year sponsorship,
making Verizon Wireless the Official Wireless Provider of the NFL team.  With
this agreement, Dan Reeves and his coaching staff will receive Verizon
Wireless phones for their use, and Verizon Wireless gains rights to signage
and promotions in the Georgia Dome, including space in the "Falcons Landing"
interactive theme park prior to each home game.  Verizon Wireless also
receives prominent visibility on the Atlanta Falcons' Web site.

    In addition, Verizon Wireless and the Falcons are teaming up for the
December 15 home game against the Seattle Seahawks, to host students and
parents of Atlanta's Humphries Elementary School.  Students are invited to
enjoy the game, compliments of Verizon Wireless, and take a break from their
Holiday Read-a-Thon Contest.  The Humphries Elementary School Holiday Read-a-
Thon Contest, sponsored by Verizon Wireless, is an in-school reading program
over the holidays, encouraging excellence in reading as an ongoing part of the
learning process.  Students who read a minimum of 10 books between December 6,
2002 and January 6, 2003 receive accolades and prizes.
    "Establishing a relationship with such a great NFL team is very exciting
for Verizon Wireless," said Jim McGean, president of Verizon Wireless'
Georgia/Alabama region.  "We hope to build on the relationship not only to
serve the Falcons' own wireless needs, but also to connect with fans.
Together with the Falcons, we've created a winning team."
    "This program with Verizon Wireless enables our coaching staff to utilize
the best wireless service in Atlanta," said Reeves.  "Additionally, we're
proud that the company shares our commitment to the children of this
community.  We look forward to hosting students from Humphries Elementary at
our December 15 game."

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/