Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:57:59 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, December 19, 2002

FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) RF Micro Devices Announces Availability Of 4 mm x 4 mm CDMA Power Amplifier Module
Family
2) IFR Adds Remote Operation, Trunked Radio Testing and New Test Patterns to 2975 Radio
Test Set
3) Wavecom Extends Distribution Network with Industry-leading Italian and Nordic Partners
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) RF Micro Devices Announces Availability Of 4 mm x 4 mm CDMA Power Amplifier Module
Family
 
RF Micro Devices, Inc. (Nasdaq: RFMD), a leading provider of proprietary radio frequency
integrated circuits (RFICs) for wireless communications applications, today announced the
availability of five linear power amplifier (PA) modules for use in code division multiple
access (CDMA) wireless handsets and other handheld systems...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5488/793725
 
2) IFR Adds Remote Operation, Trunked Radio Testing and New Test Patterns to 2975 Radio
Test Set
 
Wichita, Kan. -- December 18, 2002 -- IFR, an Aeroflex company (Nasdaq: ARXX), today
announced it has added important new test capabilities to the 2975 radio test set. Through
new firmware upgrades, the 2975 radio test set now includes many new test patterns, the
ability to remotely control 2975 tests via the Internet, and the ability to test P25
trunked radios in the 800 MHz band....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5489/793725
 
3) Wavecom Extends Distribution Network with Industry-leading Italian and Nordic Partners
 
Issy-les-Moulineaux, France -- 16 December 2002 -- Wavecom SA (Nasdaq: WVCM; Nouveau
Marche: 7306), the world's number one provider of integrated wireless modules, today
announced the appointment of two additional key distributors in Italy and the Nordic
region....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5490/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) PC10 Ultracapacitor 
2) Solder-In Feedthrus
3) Resonator Filters
4) SkyWay(TM) Link
5) RF/Microwave Circuit Analysis and Design Program 
6) 31-40 GHz Low Noise Amplifier
7) RadMan RF Personal Monitors
8) Multiport Circulators
9) Regulatory and Technical Support
10) Liebert Helios DC System Distribution Bay
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) PC10 Ultracapacitor 
 
The PC10 stores 21 joules of energy at a nominal 2.3 volts for immediately available high
power delivery. Measuring 24 x 31 x 4.5 mm and weighing only 6.5 grams, the PC10 offers 10
farads of capacitance. The PC10 ultracapacitor provides an economical energy storage
capability for many hand held and battery based applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5491/793725
 
2) Solder-In Feedthrus
 
Many designers have opted to semi-integrate feedthrus by soldering feedthrus directly into
the housings. The solder-in feedthrus are available in a glass forward or reverse seal.
This feature offers improved hermetic qualities to environmental conditions. Corry
Micronics offers the industry standard .156 at the flange...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5492/793725
 
3) Resonator Filters
 
A series of microwave hairpin resonator bandpass filters reduce the size, weight, and cost
of subsystems such as multiplexers. The MMFM-FBG series can be used in receiver IFs,
low-level transmitter exciters, and the channelized receivers of electronic
countermeasures systems....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/2772/793725
 
4) SkyWay(TM) Link
 
Unlike any other bridge/router on the market today, the SkyWay family of products gives
you the power to establish LAN-to-LAN connections over distances of up to 30 miles (48 Km)
-- with superior performance. Moreover, each SkyWay product is a compact, single,
integrated unit designed to withstand harsh environments....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5493/793725
 
5) RF/Microwave Circuit Analysis and Design Program 
 
The LINC2 RF and microwave circuit analysis and design program provides a new set of
physical transmission line models, extending the accuracy of microstrip and stripline
circuit simulations into the millimeter wave region. Discontinuity models such as a gap in
the line, an abrupt step in line width, open end effect and VIA holes are easily included
in the simulation...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5494/793725
 
6) 31-40 GHz Low Noise Amplifier
 
The new RMLA31400 Low Noise Amplifier from Raytheon RF Components is a three-stage MMIC
device designed for 31 to 40 GHz operation. Fabricated using Raytheon RF Components?
production GaAs MHEMT process, the amplifier is ideal for a variety of low noise
applications including point-to point, point-to-multipoint and LMDS radio
communications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5495/793725
 
7) RadMan RF Personal Monitors
 
All RadMan monitors are multi-function tools that share the same compact housing, dual
electric (E) and magnetic (H) field detection, and wide-band shaped frequency response....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5496/793725
 
8) Multiport Circulators
 
Where additional isolation is required, 2 or more junctions can be combined into a single
package. Units are available in most frequency ranges -- including octaves, most common
connectors, etc....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/2771/793725
 
9) Regulatory and Technical Support
 
Another unique RFI capability is offered by our Regulatory and Technical Support
specialists. By allowing RFI to make all the necessary investigations and applications on
your behalf, to regulatory bodies worldwide, your time and inconvenience is minimised....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5497/793725
 
10) Liebert Helios DC System Distribution Bay
 
The Liebert Helios Distribution Bay provides secondary distribution for power systems
where remote distribution or system expansion necessitates additional power circuits. The
small foot print combined with up to six circuit breaker or fuse panels offers maximum
distribution in a standard 7-foot bay....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5498/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/