Subject: [NEXTEL-1] TRICOM Announces Bear, Stearns & Co. to Act as Dealer Manager In Exchange Offer and Consent Solicitation

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:23:11 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FD20021219590000097.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

TRICOM Announces Bear, Stearns & Co. to Act as Dealer Manager In Exchange Offer and Consent Solicitation

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic, Dec 19, 2002 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- TRICOM (NYSE: TDR), a regional integrated telecommunications provider in the U.S., Caribbean and Central America, announced today that it has appointed Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. to act as dealer manager for the proposed exchange offer and consent solicitation with respect to the $200 million aggregate outstanding principal amount of its 11-3/8% Senior Notes due 2004. A registration statement relating to the exchange offer and consent solicitation has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, but has not yet become effective.

Source:

PR Newswire

Date:

12/19/2002 12:07

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Very Short (422 words)

Document ID:

FD20021219590000097

Subject(s):

PRN; Bandwidth; Caribbean; Central America; Dealer; Entertainment; Local; New York; NYSE; Puerto Rico; Technology; Television; United States; Wireless

Document Type:

Press releases

TRICOM Announces Bear, Stearns & Co. to Act as Dealer Manager In Exchange Offer and Consent Solicitation

Story Filed: Thursday, December 19, 2002 12:07 PM EST

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic, Dec 19, 2002 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via
COMTEX/ -- TRICOM (NYSE: TDR), a regional integrated telecommunications provider
in the U.S., Caribbean and Central America, announced today that it has
appointed Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. to act as dealer manager for the proposed
exchange offer and consent solicitation with respect to the $200 million
aggregate outstanding principal amount of its 11-3/8% Senior Notes due 2004. A
registration statement relating to the exchange offer and consent solicitation
has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, but has not yet
become effective.

Questions regarding the exchange offer can be directed to Bear, Stearns & Co.
Inc., at (877) 696-BEAR (2327) toll free in the United States or internationally
at (212) 272-5112.

This press release is not an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to
buy any of the securities to be issued in the exchange offer described above.
The company expects to commence the exchange offer promptly after the
registration statement is declared effective by the Securities and Exchange
Commission.

About TRICOM

TRICOM, S.A. is a regional integrated telecommunications provider in the U.S.,
Caribbean and Central America. In the Dominican Republic we offer local, long
distance, cable television entertainment, mobile telephony, as well as broadband
data transmission services. Through TRICOM USA, we own switching facilities in
New York, Miami and Puerto Rico, providing us with end-to-end connectivity, and
are one of the few Latin American long distance carriers that have a United
States licensed subsidiary. Through TCN Dominicana, we are the largest cable
television operator in the Dominican Republic based on our number of subscribers
and homes passed. TRICOM is deploying the first integrated digital wireless
communication network based on iDEN(R) technology across Central America. For
more information about TRICOM, please visit
http://www.tricom.net

Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements

This release contains certain "forward-looking statements" based on management's
current expectations, which may involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties,
and other factors not under TRICOM's control, which may cause actual results,
performance and achievements of TRICOM to be materially different from the
results, performance, or expectations of TRICOM. These factors include, but are
not limited to those detailed in TRICOM's periodic filings with the Securities
and Exchange Commission.

MAKE YOUR OPINION COUNT - Click Here
http://tbutton.prnewswire.com/prn/11690X93841161

SOURCE TRICOM, S.A.

CONTACT: Miguel Guerrero of Tricom Investor Relations, +1-809-476-4044,
+1-809-476-4012, or [email-masked]

URL:
http://www.tricom.net

http://www.prnewswire.com

Copyright (C) 2002 PR Newswire. All rights reserved.

KEYWORD: Dominican Republic

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TLS
CPR

SUBJECT CODE: OFR

Copyright © 2002, PR Newswire, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.