Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Baltimore (Md.) officials on Nextel Interference

From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 23:21:45 -0500

When do the lawsuits against Nextel begin?  I'm surprised some of these
cities and counties haven't found a way to go after and force Nextel to
resolve the issue.  Or have they?

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 20:35:13 -0500

Baltimore (Md.) officials met with FCC staff to discuss the 800 MHz 'Consensus Proposal,'
and told them the city's public safety radio system does <not> suffer from interference,
that it cannot be retuned to other frequencies, and the city doesn't have the money to
replace the gear if the FCC orders frequency reassignments. The city operates a 9-site,
28-repeater Motorola system. The city officials stressed interference reduction solutions,
rather than a complete reassignment in the band. "The private benefit that returning would
bring to some parties should not influence the Commission's analysis of what is essential
a vital public safety issue," the group stated.
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: "richardcanning" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 18:56:16 -0000

City or County??
What's the source??