Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The City Scan Project

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 14:44:30 -0500

http://www.city-scan.com/overview.htm

The City Scan Project puts state-of-the-art technology in the hands of
ordinary citizens, is considered a national model for citizen-based
assessment of the performance of city government. Managed by the
Connecticut Policy and Economic Council (CPEC), with major funding from
the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the project has conducted scans in
Hartford, CT and Stamford, CT, and expects to continue its expansion
across the state.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:19:09 -0600

This is stupid ... next week look for a headline that reads something like
"Feds label public libraries, internet cafes, and yahoogroups as 
terrorist tools"

-rick

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:41:15 -0600

After firing off a terse response to the article I got a chance to read 
the responses of other geeks. If you're looking for amunition for either 
side of the fence - its probably there. Now, for more banter than you 
can stand click here ...

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/12/08/0156246&mode=thread&tid=172

Original wired article posted by Marcel ...

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,56742,00.html

Oh yeah, it's *still* stupid.

-rick