Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CDMA data network planning

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:57:11 -0500

------- Original Message --------
From: "Terry S, Cory, P.E." <[email-masked]>
Subject: CDMA data network planning

The requirements for optimal planning of 3-G CDMA networks are becoming
increasingly clear. In particular, the planning can be no better than the
estimate of where the customers will be located...so that cell/sectors may
accurately target them.

Using CRC-Predict, a statistical interference engine, and 1xRTT simulation
algorithms, we can now readily (and accurately) predict the spot capacity and
spot data throughput in, for example, a CDMA 2000 1xRTT network in many
morphologies. We can then compute sector averages of capacity and throughput
resolved according to certain spatial considerations. In optimizing sectors
spatially, we can minimize greenfield areas and focus on populated residential
and commercial/indutrial area by clutter category. But to really do a fine
job, we need to know where existing customers and potential customers are. For
existing operators planning upgrades, geocoding customer lists...ideally both
residentially and at workplace...will be tha lpace to start. Or, if a specific
business or high-density residential complex is a market target, then using
these technical resources a business plan can be built for any new
infrastructure required.

Wave Concepts Intl
Terry S. Cory, P.E.
--

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/