Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola wins interagency emergency services contract in the Netherlands

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 18:08:16 -0500

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=query_displaynews&q=MOTOROLA&so=&dc=&ro=&ed=&sd=&s=1&boldtext=MOTOROLA&sym=&doc_id=NR200212093600.3_5baa001ccbae1baa

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

| Subscribe | About Hoover's | Advertise | Site Map | Help | Log Out

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/newscenter.com/newscenter;dcopt=ist;cui=edge;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=468x60;tile=1;ord=303384?></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=468x60;tile=1;ord=303384?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=468x60;tile=1;ord=303384?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>

Company News

IPO News

Market News

Industry News

Free Newsletters

NewsStand

E-Mail News Alerts

UK News

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge600;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=120x600;tile=2;ord=303384?></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge600;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=120x600;tile=2;ord=303384?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge600;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=120x600;tile=2;ord=303384?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=120 HEIGHT=600 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>

Search

by Company Name
by Ticker
by Keyword
D&B D-U-N-S Number
by Executive Name
the News
IPO Companies
Stock Quotes
the Whole Site for

Advanced Search (See Sample)

Lead Finder

Print This Story | E-mail This Story
| Create E-mail News Alert

Back To News

MOTOROLA: Motorola wins interagency emergency services contract in the
Netherlands

December 9, 2002 3:31pm

M2 PRESSWIRE-9 December 2002-(C)1994-2002 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD

Advertisement: Explore Within This Space

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge336;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=336x280;tile=5;ord=141262?></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge336;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=336x280;tile=5;ord=141262?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/newsnewscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge336;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=336x280;tile=5;ord=141262?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=336 HEIGHT=280 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>

LIMBURG, Netherlands -- Motorola (NYSE:MOT) has won a contract to
supply TETRA (TErrestrial Trunked RAdio) handsets to three different
emergency services in Limburg. The handsets will allow seamless
communication between Limburg ambulance, police and fire service, which
will allow mission critical information to be instantly communicated
amongst public safety officials at an accident.

The contract was awarded in open tender by the rregional police of
Limburg South and calls for Motorola, in partnership with distributor
KPN to will deliver more than1000 digital radio devices to the police,
ambulance and fire services in Limburg. The handsets will work on the
new C2000 nationwide digital TETRA network that is deployed in the
Netherlands.

TETRA allow inter-communication of public safety agencies within the
system and also connects to telephone networks, while offering
protection from eavesdropping with control channel encryption.

David Ritchie, Motorola Director for C2000 said, "This is a great
contract to win as it really shows what TETRA can do when agency
interoperability is essential. The efficiency and reliability of TETRA
makes it highly suited for emergency services, which require
reliability, high capacity and security. We already have more than
150,000 TETRA radios in daily use by transit and public safety
customers throughout Europe, Asia and Latin America, including more
than 38,000 of our second generation TETRA handsets.

C2000, The Netherlands

Motorola is supplying a professional digital radio network for public
safety organizations in the Netherlands. C2000 is the largest private
radio communications project in the Netherlands' history and will
provide services for all Dutch public safety organizations. Users will
include the police, fire brigade, ambulance service and military
police. Motorola is providing the TETRA digital network as a
subcontractor to TETRAnet. The contract was signed in April 1999.

The project is being deployed across 15 zones groups in the country. A
trial and evaluation process was initiated in the Amsterdam area. This
evaluation process commenced at the end 2000 and proved satisfactory
with a "GO" decision in November 2001.

The infrastructure roll out is progressing over the next few years and
the nationwide operational "go live" date is scheduled for the 1st
January 2004.

The Amsterdam region has a requirement for up to 2,500 TETRA radios and
the nationwide system has a potential for in excess of 40,000 TETRA
radios.

The contract with Motorola includes both the TETRA professional digital
radio network and an Alpha/Numeric paging system. With an unrivalled
heritage in public safety communications, Motorola not only offered
proven technology but also extensive expertise and understanding of
customer needs and related security issues.

The project is the trailblazer for TETRA in Europe it borders with
Germany where a cross border communications trial will be undertaken
incorporating the Aachen pilot TETRA system also being provided by
Motorola.

Motorola is one of the founder members of the TETRA Memorandum of
Understanding, an industry group with representatives from users,
manufacturers, operators, test houses and telecom agencies.

TETRA MoU: http://www.tetramou.com

Notes to editors:

About Motorola:

Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) is a global leader in providing integrated
communications and embedded electronic solutions. Sales in 2001 were
$30 billion.

Motorola Safety and Security Solutions

Motorola is a leading provider of integrated communications and
information solutions, with more than 60 years of experience in meeting
the mission-critical requirements of public safety, public service,
government and enterprise customers worldwide. The company's extensive
safety and security portfolio includes: interoperable two-way radio
communications solutions with encrypted security capabilities; command
and control equipment and software applications, including
computer-aided dispatch, 999 and 112 systems, and automated records
management systems; identification and tracking solutions, including
palm/fingerprint and photo-imaging systems, as well as comprehensive
information management capabilities for criminal justice and civil
needs; and physical security and monitoring solutions, including remote
monitoring and diagnostics.

For more information please visit:

* Motorola TETRA: http://www.motorola.com/tetra

* TETRA MoU: http://www.tetramou.com

* Motorola Internet Media Centre: www.motorola.com/mediacenter

* Photography is available at
http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/graphics

CONTACT: Suzanne McDermott, Motorola
Tel: +44 (0)1256 484505
e-mail: [email-masked]

((M2 Communications Ltd disclaims all liability for information
provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties.
Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at
http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to
[email-masked])).

Copyright © 2002

Home | Companies
& Industries | IPO
Central | News
Center | Information
Marketplace | Hoover's
Publications | Newsletters
| Hoover's
Wireless

About | Log
In | Subscribe
| Advertise | Site
Map | Help |
Feedback

Copyright © 2002, Hoover's,
Inc. | Job Opportunities
| NASDAQ: HOOV
| Privacy Policy | Advertising
Info

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/finance.com/finance;cui=default_11;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=1x1;tile=6;ord=303384?>
</SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/finance.com/finance;cui=default_11;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=1x1;tile=6;ord=303384?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/finance.com/finance;cui=default_11;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=1x1;tile=6;ord=303384?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>