Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Employment Oppurtunity: 800 MHz Public Safety Radio System Manager

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 15:54:16 -0500

800 MHz Public Safety 
Radio System Manager

Deadline: 12/2/2002 4:30 PM

The City of Portland, Oregon
ANNOUNCES AN OPEN 
COMPETITIVE RECRUITMENT FOR:

800 MHZ PUBLIC SAFETY RADIO SYSTEM MANAGER

RECRUITMENT NO. 02-144

Approximate Annual Salary Range: $61,672 - $82,139

THE POSITION

The Communications Systems Administrator, also referred to as the 800
MHz Public Safety Radio System Manager, is responsible for the oversight
of all aspects of public safety communications service delivery,
including advising public safety users on system capabilities and
performance, defining current and future system needs, evaluating
emerging technology for system investment, planning system enhancements,
planning spectrum usage in the region, participating in local and
regional planning organizations, and vendor relations. Work involves
strategic planning for technology deployment, developing complex
proposals and design concepts, functioning as the City's chief
spokesperson on radio communications, advising users on radio
operations, and developing documentation for the FCC, the Region 35 APCO
frequency planning committees and other organizations involved in
spectrum management. This position is located in the Bureau of
Communications & Networking (ComNet).

TO QUALIFY Applicants must:

Possess the knowledge, skills and abilities listed in "The Position"
above and the "Ideal Candidate Profile"
http://www5.ci.portland.or.us/jobs/02-144/resume_idealprofile02-144.htm 

THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS

The recruitment process will consist of a prescreen of applications to
determine that applications are complete and applicants possess the
minimum qualifications. Those applicants who pass the prescreen will
have an evaluation of the information contained in their resume and
cover letter. This evaluation will be weighted 100%. Only the most
qualified candidates passing the resume and cover letter evaluation will
be placed on a ranked eligibility list that will be forwarded to the
hiring authority for employment consideration. Additional testing may be
required prior to the final selection. Candidates placed on the eligible
list will be required to complete and sign a criminal conviction
statement before being considered for hire.

All completed applications for this position must be in the possession
of the Portland Bureau of Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m. on
Monday, December 2, 2002. SORRY, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT FAXED
APPLICATIONS.

Bureau of Human Resources Communications Systems Administrator
 
Mary L. Strayhand, Human Resources Coordinator (503) 823-3517 

http://www5.ci.portland.or.us/jobs/02-144/02-144.htm

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/