Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Lucent response to Nextel to nix Comverse"

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:18:02 -0500

Lucent response

Globes [online] editorial staff   31 Oct 02   17:39

The following letter was sent to "Globes" editorial staff in response to an article posted
on October 28, 2002.
Dear Editor,

I felt compelled to contact you regarding an error in your Oct. 28th story, "Nextel to nix
Comverse?" You state that Lucent said "it would cease supporting its voice mailboxes [in
late 2005]." This is simply untrue. While certain versions of our messaging systems like
Sierra are being phased out, Lucent's Messaging business remains committed to its
customers and will support them going forward.

We continue to support customers with the features they need on our Caller Application
systems, a widely deployed voicemail platform. We have also been delivering our latest
AnyPath Messaging System to communications service providers in North America, South
America and Europe since 2001. In fact, we believe AnyPath's features and rapid adoption
positions us strongly in our major unified messaging markets today and well into the
future.

I hope that you will be able to correct this error in your article or post our response to
this misstatement.

Sincerely,

J.J. Lhospital
General Manager
Lucent Technologies Messaging Business

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on 31 October 2002

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/