Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel "The Mechanic"

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:25:00 -0500

Nextel "The Mechanic"
http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=displaynews&doc_id=NR20021204290.2_4f2c001b6988f084&ticker=NXTL&l=ticker_news&sym=NXTL&s=1

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

| Subscribe | About Hoover's | Advertise | Site Map | Help | Log Out

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/newscenter.com/newscenter;dcopt=ist;cui=edge;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=468x60;tile=1;ord=303384?></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=468x60;tile=1;ord=303384?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=468x60;tile=1;ord=303384?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>

Company News

IPO News

Market News

Industry News

Free Newsletters

NewsStand

E-Mail News Alerts

UK News

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge600;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=120x600;tile=2;ord=303384?></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge600;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=120x600;tile=2;ord=303384?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge600;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=120x600;tile=2;ord=303384?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=120 HEIGHT=600 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>

Search

by Company Name
by Ticker
by Keyword
D&B D-U-N-S Number
by Executive Name
the News
IPO Companies
Stock Quotes
the Whole Site for

Advanced Search (See Sample)

Lead Finder

Print This Story | E-mail This Story
| Create E-mail News Alert

Nextel's Roadside Assistance Program Provides
24-Hour Services 7 Days a Week; Only Wireless Carrier to Provide
Roadside Assistance to Heavy Duty Vehicles

December 4, 2002 2:21pm

Business Editors/Hi-Tech Writers

Advertisement: Explore Within This Space

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge336;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=336x280;tile=5;ord=141262?></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge336;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=336x280;tile=5;ord=141262?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/newsnewscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge336;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=336x280;tile=5;ord=141262?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=336 HEIGHT=280 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 4, 2002--To further meet the
needs of its core customers, Nextel Communications, Inc.
(NASDAQ:NXTL), today announced new 24-hour Roadside Assistance
Services for small and medium-sized businesses and individual
customers. The Roadside Assistance Program offers two levels of
service. Standard Roadside, provides assistance for common roadside
situations for most lightweight vehicles on the road. Heavy Duty
Roadside, is designed specifically for Nextel's core business
customers who rely on larger industrial vehicles. Both services are
currently available for new and existing Nextel customers and provided
by Signature's Nationwide Auto Club, a GE Financial company.

"We are proud to be the first and only wireless carrier to offer
this service for heavy duty vehicles -- ensuring that our customers'
unexpected vehicle problems are taken care of quickly and with minimum
disruption," said Jeff Antaya, Nextel's vice president of Services.
"Our customers now have the simplicity and convenience of access to a
variety of services during roadside incidents 24 hours a day, 365 days
a year."

"If you break down on the highway, it doesn't matter what you're
driving, you want reliable help fast," said Jim Wohlever, senior vice
president of Auto Related Services at GE Financial Partnership
Marketing Group. "The medium and heavy duty vehicle option brings
roadside assistance, and peace of mind, to a much broader range of
drivers and wireless users."

Through the Roadside Assistance program, Nextel offers coverage
for more vehicles with, more services and higher limits than any other
major wireless carrier. Some of the light vehicles covered under the
Roadside plan include passenger automobiles, passenger
vans/minivans/station wagons and motorcycles. In addition to the light
vehicles covered under the Standard Roadside service, Heavy Duty
Roadside also includes cargo vans, light and medium commercial trucks,
buses, trailers and recreational vehicles.

Several services offered for both Standard Roadside and Heavy Duty
Roadside include:

--  Flat tire changing

--  Jump starts

--  Lockout services

--  Fuel delivery

--  Oil and water delivery

--  Vehicle towing

--  Minor mechanical service

Customers are covered for any vehicle that is in their service
package, as long as they have their Nextel wireless phones with them
at the time of service. Nextel Standard Roadside and Heavy Duty
Roadside include up to six service calls within a 12-month period.
Standard Roadside and Heavy Duty Roadside are available on all Nextel
wireless phones for monthly charges of $4 and $7, respectively.
Special introductory rates of $1 per month for Standard Roadside and
$4 per month for Heavy Duty Roadside are currently offered for the
first two months. The special introductory rate is valid for service
enrollment for a limited time.

About Nextel

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully-integrated wireless voice and data
communications services including Nextel Direct Connect®--the
long-range digital walkie-talkie feature; high quality digital
cellular services; Nextel Online® wireless data content and business
solutions; and two-way messaging services. Nextel and Nextel Partners,
Inc. have built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless network
covering 197 of the top 200 U.S. markets. Nextel's wireless voice and
packet data communications services are available today in areas of
the U.S. where approximately 240 million people live or work.

About GE Financial

GE Financial operates Emergency Roadside Assistance programs like
Signature's Nationwide Auto Club. Combined, the programs reliably
serve more than four million members through a network of 6,000
contracted tow truck operators with over 30,000 service vehicles. In
2000, J.D. Power and Associates ranked GE's Roadside Assistance
programs number one in on-time performance.

GE Financial provides products and services that help people
invest, protect and retire. Its consumer insurance and investment
offerings are sold through multiple distribution channels and include:
life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement investment plans,
long term care coverage, supplemental accident and health benefits,
auto coverage, and lifestyle enhancement products like roadside
assistance programs and pre-paid legal services. Headquartered in
Richmond, Va., GE Financial (www.gefinancial.com) operates in 17
countries and serves more than 29 million customers.

--30--des/ph*

CONTACT: Nextel Communications, Inc., Reston

Roni Singleton, 703/433-3109

[email-masked]

KEYWORD: VIRGINIA

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: COMPUTERS/ELECTRONICS TELECOMMUNICATIONS

TRAVEL PRODUCT

SOURCE: Nextel Communications, Inc.

Today's News On The Net - Business Wire's full file on the Internet

with Hyperlinks to your home page.

URL: http://www.businesswire.com

BWviaNewsEdge

Copyright © 2002 Business Wire

Home | Companies
& Industries | IPO
Central | News
Center | Information
Marketplace | Hoover's
Publications | Newsletters
| Hoover's
Wireless

About | Log
In | Subscribe
| Advertise | Site
Map | Help |
Feedback

Copyright © 2002, Hoover's,
Inc. | Job Opportunities
| NASDAQ: HOOV
| Privacy Policy | Advertising
Info

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/finance.com/finance;cui=default_11;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=1x1;tile=6;ord=303384?>
</SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/finance.com/finance;cui=default_11;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=1x1;tile=6;ord=303384?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/finance.com/finance;cui=default_11;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=1x1;tile=6;ord=303384?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>