Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Youth Market: Will It Drive Holiday Wireless Buying?

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:12:50 -0500

Youth Market: Will It Drive Holiday Wireless Buying?
BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
DECEMBER 17, 2002

Young adults will lead the buying of advanced wireless phones and services such
as mobile messaging during the critical holiday shopping season, according to one
new forecast.

The fourth quarter Attitude and Behavior Survey conducted by research firm
Telephia says that about 20 percent of the U.S. major market subscriber
population is using SMS and other messaging services, compared with about 12
percent last year. Among people ages 18 to 24, usage has doubled to 45 percent
over that period.

Telephia says about 28 percent of subscribers describe themselves as frequent
users of messaging, meaning they send or receive at least one message daily,
and 38 percent of the 18-24 crowd reports frequent messaging use.

Equally as significant, 41 percent of young adults indicated they planned to
upgrade their handsets in the coming year -- up from 39 percent a year ago --
compared with 32 percent of all subscribers, up from 29 percent last year.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=4&pubdate=12/17/02

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/