Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Pacific DataVision, Inc. Wins ConstrucTECH Technology Enabler Award

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:52:04 -0500

BW)(CA-PACIFIC-DATAVISION) Pacific DataVision, Inc. Wins
ConstrucTECH Technology Enabler Award

Business Editors & High-Tech Writers
Computers for Construction 2002

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 12, 2002--
Computers for Construction Tradeshow recognizes how Turner Construction used SkyLog(R) to
complete the San Diego Convention Center expansion project
Pacific DataVision, Inc. announced today that the company was presented with a Technology
Enabler Award during the Third Annual ConstrucTECH VISION Awards ceremony held during the
2002 Computers for Construction trade show in Dallas, Texas. Pacific DataVision received
this award for Turner Construction's use of SkyLog(R), a unique service that allows
contractors to use Nextel Direct Connect(R) to file time-and-date stamped daily logs from
the field.  "The ease of recording events and project issues via the phone with SkyLog
really streamlined the documentation procedures necessary for a project of this size,"
said Ron Rudolph, Director of Operations at Turner Construction. "Many times our
superintendents either lost track, didn't have the time or just put writing memos,
letters, etc. at the bottom of their priority list. With SkyLog, there are no excuses.
Documentation is automatically time-and-date-stamped for future use and the correspondence
is ready for the user's review by the end of the day." SkyLog utilizes Nextel Direct
Connect to provide a simple and convenient method of recording important events
contemporaneously (as they occur). SkyLog messages are securely stored and immediately
accessible by authorized users via the world-wide-web. Reports can then be printed, faxed
or e-mailed for additional action. The SkyLog service is currently available in Southern
California and Las Vegas with a national rollout planned in 2003.  "We are honored to be
recognized in our role of automating Turner Construction's documentation process," said
Peter Lasensky, Chairman and CEO of Pacific DataVision. "SkyLog streamlines business
communications while improving ROI. SkyLog's innovative field-based reporting is perfect
for the building industry because verification by a third party can help avoid or quickly
resolve disputes."
About Pacific DataVision, Inc.
Pacific DataVision, headquartered in San Diego, California, provides a technology platform
that enables wireless carriers to offer enhanced push-to-talk applications for their
mobile subscribers. The Company's initial applications, NextMail and SkyLog, are currently
available on a monthly subscription basis. For more information, please visit the
company's website at www.pacificdatavision.com or call 858/642-2900.
Nextel and Direct Connect are registered trademarks of Nextel Communications, Inc.
NextMail is a service mark of Pacific DataVision, Inc. SkyLog is a registered trademark of
Pacific DataVision, Inc.
--30--jc/la*

CONTACT: Pacific DataVision, Inc.
Rob Vickery, 858/642-2900 x2919
[email-masked]

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.121202/223460142

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/