Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CTIA calls for nationwide warning system

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 02:53:15 -0500

CTIA calls for nationwide warning system

 IWCE/MRT, Dec 6 2002

 The Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA) has raised its voice
regarding the need for a high-tech national
 warning system.

 The CTIA said a uniform nationwide warning system that could alert the public to
emergencies, including terrorist attacks, is sorely needed.

 “We welcome this report by the Partnership for Public Warning,” Tom Wheeler, CTIA
president said. “Wireless has always been
 associated with community safety.”

 He added, “The ability to deliver a national product for emergency uses can be affected
by local decisions-ranging from antenna
 sting to local regulatory issues. As part of any review of such new proposals, we need to
take into account the need for uniform
 national procedures.”

http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_ctia_calls_nationwide/index.htm

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/