Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] Proposal for MIPv6 APIs to switch default source address selection

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:04:27 +0100

I am looking into possible MIPv6 APIs as an extension to IPv6 Adv-API
   document. The following requirements in MIPv6 spec indicates that there
   is a need for Socket API which will allow the MIPv6 applications to
   choose
   COA as mobile node's source address (in a visited network), while
   default
   address selection draft prefers home address as the default source
   address
   (section 5 and 6 rule 4). The  MIPV6 API should also take care of
   choosing 
   temporary address and non-temporary address from the application level.
   Also, there is a need to choose link-local or site-local address as
   source
   address (depending on the scope) for the MN while visiting (see below).
   
=> I disagree for the last point because it can be done using
the address selection policy table. The issue is for choices
which can't be coded in the table, i.e., mobility and temporary.

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: in the current KAME there is a global policy table, it should
be useful to have it in the context (i.e., per process but as shared
as possible). The syntax of the table and its default is in the address
selection document, tools and API should be described somewhere (and
if possible not in the advanced MIPv6 API).

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:04:27 +0100

Regards

PS: in the current KAME there is a global policy table, it should
be useful to have it in the context (i.e., per process but as shared
as possible). The syntax of the table and its default is in the address
selection document, tools and API should be described somewhere (and
if possible not in the advanced MIPv6 API).
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------