Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola to Provide Maine State Police with Integrated Public Safety System

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 03:49:24 -0500

Motorola to Provide Maine State Police with Integrated Public Safety System

New System to Enable Statewide Agency to Seamlessly Access Critical Information

SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Dec. 3, 2002 — Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) today announced that it will
provide the Maine State Police with an integrated public safety system that will enable
the State
Police to quickly and efficiently respond to calls, handle incidents and access/share
critical
information. The new integrated system is part of Motorola’s extensive portfolio of
integrated
communications and information solutions to address mission-critical public safety and
security
requirements worldwide.

The integrated system, which will include Motorola’s Premier CAD™ (Computer Aided
Dispatch),
Premier MDC™ (Mobile Data Computer) and Premier MDC Reporting systems, will also
incorporate Maine State Police’s existing law records management system from Motorola. The

Maine State Police also currently utilize Printrak, A Motorola Company’s Automated
Fingerprint
Identification System (AFIS) and LiveScan Station technology as part of the Tri-State
(Vermont,
Maine and New Hampshire) AFIS Network.

Proven in communication centers worldwide, Premier CAD™ streamlines the dispatching
process
by automating call taking and dispatching functions. With Premier CAD, Maine State Police
dispatchers in 4 communication centers throughout the state will have the ability to
effectively
initiate and manage incidents and dispatch resources.

Premier MDC™ is a wireless data solution that will be installed in 275 Maine State Police
vehicles and will provide officers first hand knowledge of potential criminals or
dangerous
situations before stepping out of their vehicles.

With a population of over 1.3 million people and a jurisdiction of over 33,000 sq. miles,
the Maine
State Police were looking for a public safety solution that could meet their growing needs
while
increasing public and officer safety.

“We were looking to establish an integrated network of systems that were able to
effectively
communicate with each other,” said Lieutenant Colonel Jeffrey D. Harmon of the Maine State

Police. “Motorola’s public safety technology is providing our agency with a comprehensive
solution that offers us increased functionality and allows us to operate more
efficiently.”

“We are pleased to provide the Maine State Police with a new public safety system that
will
seamlessly integrate our computer-aided dispatch, mobile and records technology allowing
the
police to share important information throughout the state,” said Jim Widick, Motorola
corporate
vice president and general manager, Integrated Solutions Division (ISD). “We look forward
to
working with the Maine State Police to establish and maintain this leading edge network.”

The project will be implemented in three phases and is scheduled for completion during the

summer of 2003.

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,2172_1762_23,00.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/