Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Bumbling Barry West-Revises Nextel Year End Subscriber Numbers Down.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 01:41:58 -0500

Bumbling Barry West- Revises Nextel Year End Subscriber Numbers-

Until now Nextel has not revised its guidance of 2 million for year end subscriber growth.

As always, Barry lives up to his name "Bumbling Barry" by being the first at Nextel
to admit that Nextel will probably NOT meet it's previous prediction for 2 Million
subscribers.

Barry said: "We are probably are not going to make 2 Million but close to".
"Close to" is that 1.5, 1.8, 1M who knows???

I think this slipped out prematurely since Nextel did not have a presser prepared to
"Spin" the issue off.

How will Wall Street react to this?  It is hard to say, but if they react to Nextel the
way they reacted to Sprint's failure to meet subscriber numbers there will be trouble.

Barry On Coverage-

Barry also told investors:

"Most people in the United States live either on the East or West Coast and you would go
Bankrupt trying to cover every rural area"

I'm sure Nextel Partners would love to hear this-

Barry also made the following comment on the realignment proposal (aka Plan Scam) "The
Government is behind us on the realignment proposal". He later back tracked and said the
"Public Safety Government is behind us on the realignment proposal"

Timmy should  keep this guy under lock and key in the LAB>...he is dangerous!

Marcel wrote:

> Nextel at The NASDAQ- Featuring Bumbling Barry West
> http://213.86.118.79/nasdaq/743_nasdaq_investors_conference/index.htm

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 23:32:35 -0500

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 06:39:10 -0500

Thank you Barry for providing me with a wide-open market.

Todd Ellis

  "Most people in the United States live either on the East or West Coast
and you would go
  Bankrupt trying to cover every rural area"

---

From: snakeiiiiiz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:34:36 -0800 (PST)

You are correct in that Nextel has not change their official guidance from "approximately 2 million net subscriber additions" but Donahue did say 1.9 - 2.0M in his presentation at USB Warburg on Nov 11. FYI, Websters defines approximately as "reasonably close to: nearly, almost, about".  
They have added 1.45M subscribers through the first three quarters and most analysts are expecting about 450-475K for the 4th Q with the possibility of an upside surprise. Anything below 1.9M for the year would be "trouble" and above 1.95M  would be beyond all analyst expectations despite the guidance that the company has provided. 
Marcel <[email-masked]> wrote: 
Bumbling Barry West- Revises Nextel Year End Subscriber Numbers-

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now

---

From: snakeiiiiiz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:34:26 -0800 (PST)

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 19:44:57 -0500

Wrong-

See Below-

snakeiiiiiz wrote:

>
>
> You are correct in that Nextel has not change their official guidance from
> "approximately 2 million net subscriber additions" but Donahue did say 1.9 - 2.0M in his
> presentation at USB Warburg on Nov 11. FYI, Websters defines approximately as
> "reasonably close to: nearly, almost, about".
>

Incorrecto, Mr Snake-

They did not say  "approximately " in the statement below.

<SNIP>
"All of this, combined with the fact that we're focused on providing the products and
services our users demand to improve communication in their professional and personal
lives, is positioning us to meet our target of adding 2 million new customers this year."

Maybe this is why they are "Spin Master" shopping.

Nextel is a moving target. They say blue then say green. They change dates and numbers
like Timmy changes dinner reservations in Washington restaurants.. Timmy plays CYA all the
time, lets look at the "National Direct Connect" date, they have even fooled their own
employees to believe that the original date was 2003, but we all know it was not. Some
Nextel employees here refused to believe 2003 was not the date until I posted the URL's.
Remember this is Nexthell, you know home of "How Business Gets Done" (-Dirty) guys

>
> They have added 1.45M subscribers through the first three quarters and most analysts are
> expecting about 450-475K for the 4th Q with the possibility of an upside surprise.
> Anything below 1.9M for the year would be "trouble" and above 1.95M  would be beyond all
> analyst expectations despite the guidance that the company has provided.
>