Subject: [NEXTEL-1] DataRadio to install mobile data system for Scott County, MN

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:11:06 -0500

Dataradio 
Awarded Contract for 
Mobile Data System for 
Scott County, MN 

ATLANTA

December 02, 2002

Dataradio Corporation, a leading integrator of mission-critical, private wireless
networks, has been awarded a contract to install a mobile data infrastructure for Scott
County, Minnesota. 

The three-site, 800 MHz system will utilize Dataradio's GeminiPD+ mobile radio modems
operating
 at 32 Kbps, as well as ParagonPD base stations. 

The GeminiPD+ is a private RF mobile radio modem incorporating a high performance RF
platform designed exclusively for data which incorporates Dataradio's Parallel Decode
modem and a built-in GPS receiver. One of the most important features of the GeminiPD+ is
the fact that its performance will grow to meet customer needs. The hardware is designed
to accept upgrades via flash loads including a planned speed increase. 

GeminiPD+ mobile radio modems along with the ParagonPD base stations use dual receivers
and a powerful DSP to combine and decode signals in parallel resulting in a ten-fold
sensitivity improvement in multi-path fading. Out-of-band signaling enables GeminiPD+ to
transmit GPS position reports with no adverse effect on system throughput. 

The system will deploy 68 vehicles equipped with Dataradio IP, and GPS. With Dataradio IP,
a universal radio gateway permits end-to-end TCP/IP connectivity making any Dataradio
wireless network look like a TCP/IP environment.

http://www.dataradio.com/news_press_120202_scottco.shtml

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/