Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Just in...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 16:24:44 EST

In a message dated 12/7/2002 2:53:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> With PS systems (Moto) there is  "Failsoft" which allows for a single 
> communication path in case of a major system failure (vs site). With iDEN 
> there is no such feature. 

Actually, while Nextel doesn't have failsoft implemented, iDEN does have the 
capability.  ARINC has it in their system.

Alan T.

---

From: "marcel_rf1 <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 04:26:29 -0000

I think you are talking about ISO (Isolated Site Operation) which is 
different from fail soft. With ISO you can't hand in or hand out, but 
everyone on that site can talk. This also occurs when the site looses 
sync do to GPS failure. ISO is part of the advanced feature set. 
According to the people im S-Burg ARINC went "On Da Cheap" and did not 
get all of the advance features. SoLinc  and ConEd are the only ones 
who did not go "On Da Cheap" . Nextel has talked about changing but I 
have not checked recently.

--- In [email-masked], landmobilelawyer@a... wrote:
> marcelrf@b... writes:

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/