Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel ups ante

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 09:13:37 EST

Funny............ I don't remember being asked to have two of my posts from 
another forum (the Nextel Investment Group) to be reposted on the Nextel-1 
Group or Wireless Homeland Security Group.  Nor do I remember asking for one 
of my sentences to be given an emphasis that I did not write myself.  By 
editing things that I might have said (plus not posting the complete portion 
of what I was responding to) readers in those forums might be misled.  
Further, such editing actions could potentially wind up having the unintended 
consequence of creating a libelous statement, exposing both myself, and you 
(as the "publisher"), to a legal action, which certainly would not please 
your current employer, Verizon, because it could also expose them.  Finally, 
such editing might also harm my relationship with my clients in this 
proceeding (PCIA, United Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Intel and others).

Marcel, in the future, please make a request to me before you repost a 
message that I have posted in another forum.

I am taking the step of posting this message on several boards, because 
recently you withheld a Nextel-1 message that I sent from being posted to the 
board.

Alan Tilles
Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A.

In a message dated 12/26/2002 10:56:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Nextel ups ante In a message dated 12/26/2002 4:17:27 PM Eastern Standard 
> Time 
> Are you either stating or implying that the $850 million cost could 
> go higher since it is a "committment" rather than a bid? A 
> committment suggests that the cost to Nextel is contractually 
> enforceable.  Since you are an expert on this subject, you can save 
> us the time it would take to do that research if you would be kind 
> enough to respond to these questions. From:  [email-masked] 
> Date:  Thu Dec 26, 2002  9:30 pm 
> Subject: Re: Nextel ups ante - landmobilelawyer 
>   $850 million is Nextel's commitment.  If the money runs out, because for 
> any reason the retuning was more expensive than predicted, remaining 
> incumbents that have not moved at that point (private and public safety) 
> would not have to move without funding.  Thus, if that were to happen, 
> Nextel would have to find a way to get those additional moves funded, or 
> not have those incumbents move.  However, when Nextel did its analysis (and 
> we did our own) Nextel tried to "shoot the moon" (as did we), so to speak, 
> and come up with the highest possible estimate we could, based upon a lot 
> of worst-case scenarios.  Even at this worst-case, Nextel's analysis was 
> $830 million for both public safety and private, and they committed $20 
> million than that.  This is why we all feel pretty comfy with the $850 
> million commitment. Alan Tilles 
> Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A. 
> 
> 
>

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:41:16 -0500

At least you got ONE thing right!
Hook, Line & Sinker~~~~~~~

[email-masked] wrote:

>  Funny............

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:41:27 -0500

I'm buying a striped shirt and a whistle...
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 11:41 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel ups ante

  >  Funny............

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
              ADVERTISEMENT

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:59:12 -0500

No need for that.  I have been saving the good stuff.......

>      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                        ADVERTISEMENT
                        [Image][Image]

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG