Subject: [NEXTEL-1] TeleTech Holding Inc., a customer-servicesubcontractor to Nextel Communications, has added 760 call-center jobs

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 01:54:04 -0500

Denver-Based Customer-Service Company Adds 760 Hampton, Va.,
Call-Center Jobs
Source: Daily Press
Publication date: 2002-12-19

Dec. 19--HAMPTON, Va.--TeleTech Holding Inc., a customer-service
subcontractor to Nextel Communications, has added 760 call-center jobs
at its Hampton site, in an expansion that began in August.

And the Denver-based company could add more positions after the
beginning of next year, city and TeleTech officials said.

"These 760 jobs provide jobs for military spouses and second incomes for
families," said Ray White, director of economic development for Hampton.
"College students work at TeleTech to pay for degrees and living expenses."

Mike Mannen, director of operations for TeleTech, said the job growth at his
operation was a result of a contract signed at the beginning of the year,
which added to his center's call volume.

"Despite the downturn in the economy, business has remained steady for
TeleTech," Mannen said. "Hampton's rich labor pool is a competitive
advantage for the company."

Located in Hampton Roads Center Business Park-Central Campus, the
TeleTech call center now employs about 1,100 workers, up from about 500
in August. Mannen said TeleTech's Hampton call center typically
experienced employee attrition of 3 percent to 10 percent a month.

Mannen said wages at TeleTech were competitive with the rest of the
customer-service industry, which pays an average of $8 to $10 an hour. In
addition to its employment record, TeleTech has won praise for its work
within the community. It recently raised more than $25,000 for various local
charities and donated 3.75 tons of food to the Foodbank of the Virginia
Peninsula.

TeleTech has more than 28,000 employees in 55 call centers around the
world. For more information on employment opportunities, call 223-4000.

-----

To see more of the Daily Press, or to subscribe to the newspaper, go to
http://www.dailypress.com
http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=35281925&ID=cnniw&scategory=Business+and+Finance&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/