Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CIO Insider: Integration and Leading Change

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 21:23:26 -0500

December 3, 2002

CIO Insider - Your Guide to What's New on CIO.com

Security: Integrating America
The federal government's homeland security efforts promise
to be the biggest change management challenge of all time.
http://www.cio.com/archive/120102/america.html

Also in this issue:
1. Weigh In: Uncle Sam Needs Your Integration Advice
2. Emerging Technology: Who Goes There?
3. Change Management: Zero Visibility
4. Book Excerpt: The Alchemy of Leadership
5. Making IT Work: Support Users

--------------------------SPONSOR-----------------------
This issue of the CIO Insider is sponsored by Chordiant

FREE White Paper  "Enabling Dynamic Multi-Channel Customer
Interactions"

This white paper from CHORDIANT describes a new approach
to enterprise applications -- using re-usable components,
common services shared across different interfaces, standard
communication protocols and process-centric workflow to
deliver consistent multi-channel interactions that dynamically
adapt to each customer.

Download the white paper today:
http://www.chordiant.com/jump/ciocom/
--------------------------------------------------------

1. Weigh In: Uncle Sam Needs Your Integration Advice
What lessons from your own integration efforts can the feds
use? Go online and share your advice.
http://comment.cio.com/weighin/120102.html

2. Emerging Technology: Who Goes There?
Identity management tools can help CIOs gain control of who
gets access to what and when.
http://www.cio.com/archive/120102/et_article.html

**Meanwhile, a recent survey finds that investments in
identity management technologies can pay off, but few
companies are investing.
http://www2.cio.com/metrics/2002/metric474.html

**For tons more on security, visit sister publication CSO
magazine's website.
http://www.csoonline.com

3. Change Management: Zero Visibility
Change is to business leaders what bad weather is to pilots.
It's all about acting on the most relevant data.
http://www.cio.com/archive/120102/observer.html

4. Book Excerpt: The Alchemy of Leadership
In their book "Geeks & Geezers," Warren G. Bennis and
Robert J. Thomas outline four qualities that when mixed
together in proper proportion, produce great leaders.
http://www.cio.com/archive/120102/book.html

**Ask the Author: Robert J. Thomas
Share your own insights on the alchemy of leadership, or ask
Thomas for more, online through Dec. 14.
http://www2.cio.com/ask/author/

5. Making IT Work: Support Users
If IT ducks responsibility for training users, says Michael
Schrage, it gives up control of innovation.
http://www.cio.com/archive/120102/work.html

**To read the entire Dec. 1 issue of CIO, go to:
http://www.cio.com/archive/120102

Thoughts about this newsletter? It'd be great to hear from
you. E-mail comments to:
[email-masked]

Sandy Kendall
Web Editor
CIO.com

***APPLY ONLINE***
CIO is free to qualified executives, so apply today!
If you are not already receiving a free subscription
to CIO, apply online at
http://subscribe.cio.com

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-CIO.com Services-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

**Featured White Papers on CIO.com**

Getronics
Getronics sponsors a follow-up supplement to last issue's
survey results on the 2003 IT spending outlook. This month's
topic: 2003 outsourcing trends.
http://www.cio.com/sponsors/

Intel
Following up on the 10/1 issue's supplement on measuring
ROI, Intel IT advises how to build a solid business case for
WLAN deployment.
http://www.cio.com/sponsors/

**The CIO Store: Focus on Business-IT Relationships**
(Now available on CD Rom)

Relationship Management for Senior IT Executives
In this program, Gig Graham, chief research officer of the
Giga Group, Washington, DC, and Paris, France, describes how
to improve the working relationship between IT and business
leaders. He presents ideas on how IT leaders can negotiate
their needs, resolve their differences,  and survive when
services and plans have to be adjusted for economic,
political, and technical reasons.
http://www.theciostore.com/watchit_product.asp?id=194

Optimizing IT to Meet Business Objectives
The program presents strategies companies use to ensure that
IT services are directed and optimized to implement critical
business objectives. The presentation describes techniques
that will help IT leaders think and communicate like
business executives, build relationships with key
stakeholders, manage suppliers and providers, achieve two-
way alignment between IT and business, anticipate and adapt
to changing business requirements, and recruit,
develop and retain quality staff.
http://www.theciostore.com/watchit_product.asp?id=169

**See all the products available on The CIO Store**
http://www.theciostore.com/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/