Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Councilman sues former employer Nextel

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:49:49 -0500

Councilman sues former employer Nextel

By MELISSA MYERS
Register Staff Writer
09/20/2002

A West Des Moines city councilman has filed a breach of contract lawsuit against
a former employer he said owes him money.

Brad Olson, a former general manager for Nextel Partners Inc., claims in the
lawsuit filed this week in Polk County District Court that his contract with the
company entitled him to a base salary, commissions, paid vacation and sick time
and stock options. The company owes him for commissions earned during his
employment and never paid, court papers said, along with pay for unused
vacation time and company stock he held.

Olson's lawsuit claims that he was given until March 29 of this year to exercise his
stock options, but that when he attempted to do so on March 28, he was told his
account was closed and that it was too late.

The lawsuit does not specify the amount Olson is seeking, and he declined to
comment Thursday.

Olson said he believes the dispute can be resolved short of further court action.

Olson remained with Nextel as a consultant for one year after resigning in January
2000. Travel requirements of his job as general manager, he said in 1999, were
part of the reason his attendance at City Council meetings had declined. Olson, a
2nd Ward councilman elected in 1995, had near-perfect attendance in his first
two years on the council, missing one meeting. After taking the Nextel job, he
missed 10 meetings in 1998.

Olson now works with insurance companies and doctors teaching federal
compliance measures associated with federal laws on health insurance.

Nextel spokeswoman Kim Hewitt said Thursday that company officials had not
yet seen the lawsuit and could not comment.

http://www.dmregister.com/news/stories/c4780932/19263963.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/