Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Baltimore (Md.) officials on Nextel Interference

From: Alan Dixon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:41:59 -0500

This would have to be Balto City.  Also, the article says, "city".
Cheers,

Alan Dixon
Contributing Editor
Popular Communications
Member emeritus - Baltimore County 911 Task Force
Member emeritus - Baltimore County Fire Communications Committee
[email-masked]

On Fri, 06 Dec 2002 18:56:16 -0000 "richardcanning" <[email-masked]>
writes:

City or County??
What's the source??

--- In NEXTEL-1@y..., Marcel <marcelrf@b...> wrote:
> Baltimore (Md.) officials met with FCC staff to discuss the 800 
MHz 'Consensus Proposal,'
> and told them the city's public safety radio system does <not> 
suffer from interference,
> that it cannot be retuned to other frequencies, and the city 
doesn't have the money to
> replace the gear if the FCC orders frequency reassignments. The 
city operates a 9-site,
> 28-repeater Motorola system. The city officials stressed 
interference reduction solutions,
> rather than a complete reassignment in the band. "The private 
benefit that returning would
> bring to some parties should not influence the Commission's 
analysis of what is essential
> a vital public safety issue," the group stated.
> 

--

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:57:28 EST

That would be the City (the County is actually experiencing interference), 
and the source would be the FCC's web site, where ex parte presentations can 
be found.

Alan T.