Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJ's 5100 series P-25 portable recieves NIICD certification

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:35:11 -0500

------- Original Message --------
From: gary sabath <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: EFJ's 5100 series P-25 portable recieves NIICDcertification

I am currently testing out several of the handhelds configured as P25, 
otar, des configuration.  However,   they are operating in wide band 
analog des, because of the system I am on.   It appears to be a pretty 
nice package.   The  radio takes a XTS 3000 battery and the internal 
housing looks identical to Motorola's XTS 3000 housing.   The menu 
display  options are quite easy to use and my first impression was that 
of a cell phone.   The function buttons are well thought out and easy 
to use.   There are a few things that I  don't like.  One is operator 
selectable scan, which does not exist.  Maybe  I don't have enough 
experience with the software yet?  Although, I've probably programmed 
10k radios.   There are a few other software problems that I have 
e-mailed the vendor on, but nothing serious.   As a benchmark,  I will 
have to say, with only two weeks of testing, that my Racal P25 is 
performing better.   I think that EF Johnson will have a product that 
will out shine an XTS, once the minor problems are fixed.

Gary Sabath
U.S. Marshals Service

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/