Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Just in...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 11:04:48 EST

Oh, I don't disagree with you on this point, Todd.  This is why my airline 
clients have only used Nextel at airports where that airline does not have a 
hub there.  But, that wasn't your original point.  It had to do with sites 
going down.

Alan T.

In a message dated 12/7/2002 5:58:15 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Second - like I harped about during Hurricane Fran - every Tom, Dick, and 
> Harry Contracting Company is out there clearing limbs and trees.  Everyone 
> has a Nextel radio (if it works).  What airtime becomes available to public 
> safety when the system is highly loaded?  Who decides that a dispatcher's 
> call to send an auxiliary officer to move traffic around a fallen limb is 
> more important than the call to the contractor to remove the limb?  From 
> the trenches, I can assure you that the cost of having a separate system 
> for PS and CI is clearly apparent.

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 15:01:25 -0500

Surely.  And I would bet that a Southern Linc-type build out would do quite
well!!

Todd
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2002 11:05 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Just in...

  Alan T.

    Second - like I harped about during Hurricane Fran - every Tom, Dick,
and Harry Contracting Company is out there clearing limbs and trees.
Everyone has a Nextel radio (if it works).  What airtime becomes available
to public safety when the system is highly loaded?  Who decides that a
dispatcher's call to send an auxiliary officer to move traffic around a
fallen limb is more important than the call to the contractor to remove the
limb?  From the trenches, I can assure you that the cost of having a
separate system for PS and CI is clearly apparent.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ADVERTISEMENT

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.