Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Forbes.com Research Confirms: Business Professionals Embrace

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:10:28 -0500

Forbes.com Research Confirms: Business Professionals Embrace
Advanced Wireless Phone Features
Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2002-12-17

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 17, 2002--

Executives Welcome Business-Related News Delivered via Cell Phone

When it comes to wireless phone usage, business professionals embrace
advanced features that would enable them to receive business-related news
and breaking news via their cellular telephones, according to research
released today by Forbes.com, home page for the world's business leaders.

The complete survey is available on Forbes.com at
www.forbes.com/research.

More than 550 Forbes.com users participated in the study, which was
conducted with SmartServ in November 2002. Highlights from the study:

-- Professional/managerial respondents are more likely to use

advanced features on their cell phones and to consider new

features in their next cell phone purchase.

-- 36% of all respondents expressed interest in subscribing to

business-related news delivered through their cell phones; 51%

for general news/services, and 24% for entertainment and

commerce news/services.

-- Nearly 20% who are interested in receiving business news via

cell phone indicated they would be willing to pay more than $1

per month for such services; 16% would be willing to pay for

general news/services, and 15% for entertainment

news/services.

"As part of Forbes.com's mission to deliver its unique style of journalism to
our audience at any time, anywhere -- be that in print, via a screen or over
the telephone -- the wireless distribution platform is a key part of our
strategy," said Jim Spanfeller, president and CEO of Forbes.com. "It's very
gratifying to find that our users show such an interest in next-generation
wireless cellular technologies, and through our relationship with SmartServ
we will continue to expand our wireless offerings."

"We are pleased with the outcome of the Forbes.com wireless survey and
are excited to be the Wireless developer of choice for Forbes.com," said
Sam Cassetta, Chairman and CEO of SmartServ. "We are committed to
working with Forbes.com to provide the best set of financial services and
business applications to our network distribution partners that can generate
revenues for all," added Cassetta.

About Forbes.com

Forbes.com Inc. (www.forbes.com), home page for the world's business
leaders, is among the most trusted resources for senior business
executives, providing them the uncompromising commentary, concise
analysis, relevant tools and real-time reporting they need to succeed at
work, profit from investing and have fun with the rewards of winning.
Forbes.com includes real-time original reporting on business, technology,
investing and lifestyle; stock and mutual fund quotes; comprehensive
company profiles; a wide array of interactive tools, calculators and
databases, including People Tracker, the annual Forbes Lists; the
Forbes.com Video Network; a Lifestyle section that currently focuses on
high-end vehicles, collecting, real estate, travel, wine and food, and sport;
and the complete online editions of Forbes' magazines.

About SmartServ Online

SmartServ (NASDAQ: SSOL) is a wireless applications service provider
offering applications, development and hosting services. Today, SmartServ's
customer and distribution relationships exist across a network of wireless
carriers, strategic partners, and a major financial institution, including
Verizon Wireless, AT&T Wireless, Nextel, Motorola, Qualcomm,
ALLTEL, TELUS Mobility and Salomon Smith Barney.

SmartServ offers mobile data solutions that can generate additional revenue,
increase operating efficiency, and extend brand awareness for wireless
carriers, enterprises and content providers. We offer standard and
custom-built applications designed for a vast array of wireless platforms and
devices. Our applications can be delivered via Java(TM) 2 Platform, Micro
Edition (J2ME(TM)), QUALCOMM's Binary Runtime Environment for
Wireless(TM) (BREW(TM)) solution, WAP and SMS, as well as RIM
Blackberry and Pocket PC devices. For more information, please visit
www.SmartServ.com.

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=35228153&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/