Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:23:04 -0500

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) ORGA Supplies 3G Test Equipment to Motorola
2) Sanyo and Magis to Demonstrate Wireless Television System at CES
3) AWR and WIN Semiconductors Announce EDA Support for Power pHEMT Process
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) ORGA Supplies 3G Test Equipment to Motorola
 
PAOLI, Pa., Dec 16, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Motorola, one of the market leaders in the
wireless handset industry will use ORGA's new IT3 Test Platform for the development and
testing of its GSM and 3G mobile handsets....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5038/793725
 
2) Sanyo and Magis to Demonstrate Wireless Television System at CES
 
SAN DIEGO, Dec 16, 2002 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Sanyo and Magis Networks, Inc.
announced today that the companies will be demonstrating a prototype Sanyo wireless
television system at the upcoming 2003 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES),
January 9-12, 2003 in Las Vegas. Magis develops chipsets that enable wireless
communications of high-quality video, audio, and Internet data throughout...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5039/793725
 
3) AWR and WIN Semiconductors Announce EDA Support for Power pHEMT Process; Microwave
Office 2002 Provides RF and MMIC Engineers with High-Performance 0.15-Micron Support
 
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. & TAIPEI, Taiwan, Dec 16, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Applied Wave
Research, Inc. (AWR(TM)) and WIN Semiconductors Corporation (WIN) today announced the
immediate availability of a process design kit (PDK) supporting WIN's power pseudomorphic
High Electron Mobility Transistor (pHEMT) gallium arsenide (GaAs) foundry process....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5040/793725

--------------------
PASS THE WORD
--------------------
 
Do you enjoy receiving this newsletter? Why not pass the word? Tell your friends and
co-workers about the Wireless Design Online Newsletter. It is a great way to keep up with
industry news, information, and products -- and it's free.
 
Forward this link to your colleagues so they can enjoy our free newsletter too:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/membership/register.asp?vtfc=leftnav2

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) X-Band SATCOM Low Noise Amplifier
2) Component Oven
3) SSPA 1.35-1.45-80 Amplifier
4) 11 mbps Wireless IP Router
5) Wireless Data Devices 
6) Hyperabrupt Junction Tuning Varactors 
7) RF Power Capacitor Assemblies
8) Microwave Design Services
9) GaAs 3V PCS Down-Converter
10) Wireless Analog Modem 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) X-Band SATCOM Low Noise Amplifier
 
The JPW Series of low-noise X-Band SATCOM amplifiers with frequency ranges of 7.25 to 7.5
GHz are built with a weatherproof chassis sealed to withstand 25 psi. They are supplied
with a waveguide moisture seal that is said to be able to operate in the most adverse
weather conditions....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5041/793725
 
2) Component Oven
 
Corning's Component Oven is a small electronic device that will reduce the variation in
temperature for a component or circuit by a factor of 10 to 100. With the increasing
demand for more accuracy in electronic equipment, it is often found that the performance
of a component or circuit over a given temperature range is not adequate....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5042/793725
 
3) SSPA 1.35-1.45-80 Amplifier
 
Aethercomm Part Number SSPA 1.35-1.45-80 is a high power, pulsed solid-state amplifier
used for military telemetry and data transmission. This SSPA supports pulse widths up to
100 mSec with duty cycles from 0.1% to CW operation. Minimum output power is 80 watts at
85C base plate....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5043/793725
 
4) 11 mbps Wireless IP Router
 
The WinRouter 2411 spread spectrum transceivers provide an off-the-shelf, ready-to-install
solution for most wireless network applications. Spread spectrum technology allows the
immediate deployment of a network without the need for a license. Additionally, the
WINRouter 2411 performance and capabilities provide a high degree of reliability, rarely
available with license-exempt equipment....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1161/793725
 
5) Wireless Data Devices 
 
HM Radio Technology is a leading designer and manufacturer of wireless data devices for
critical mission uses. It offers two major product lines. The first is a series of radio
modules especially designed for low power applications. Over 13 years of RF design and
manufacturing experience have enabled HM to produce products that are unique in their
field....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1738/793725
 
6) Hyperabrupt Junction Tuning Varactors 
 
Skyworks introduces the SMV1705-079, SMV1770-079, and SMV1238-079 hyperabrupt junction
tuning varactors specifically designed for battery operation in low noise and wideband VCO
applications. The high capacitance ratios and low series resistance of the varactors make
them well suited for use in wireless systems that operate at 2.5 GHz and higher, including
GSM, PCS, CDMA, and analog handsets....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5044/793725
 
7) RF Power Capacitor Assemblies
 
The RF Power Capacitor Assemblies are a proven power performer. They have a High operating
voltage, High operating current, extended capacitance, tighter tolerances, high
reliability, high Q, and an Ultra-low ESR....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3935/793725
 
8) Microwave Design Services
 
Our High End Products are built to the customer's specifications. OMP will take on both
the design and the manufacturing of small series. Some examples of recent high end
projects are an X-Band Video Link, a small battery-fed video transmitter and X- to L-Band
Receive Converter, some power amplifiers, a 50 Watt S-Band SSPA and a 25 Watt X-Band
SSPA....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5045/793725
 
9) GaAs 3V PCS Down-Converter
 
The RF2458 is a monolithic integrated downconverter for PCS, PHS and WLAN applications.
The IC contains all components required to implement the RF functions of the
downconverter. Features include a double-balanced Gilbert cell mixer and a balanced IF
output. The device?s high gain (+14dBm) makes the device ideal for front end
applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/5046/793725
 
10) Wireless Analog Modem 
 
A wireless analog modem designed for commercial and industrial usages. Used in
applications such as remote telemetry, meter reading, and electronic signage Data
integrity ensured with MNP 10 cellular error correction....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/198/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
ADVERTISE ONLINE
Need to reach qualified buyers of business products and professional services?  Advertise
on Wireless Design Online or in the Wireless Design Online Newsletter. Find out how our
flexible advertising programs can help you meet your marketing objectives:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/advariant/advertising.asp
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/897/793725
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/322/793725
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/913/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/