Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Top Tech Trends 2003

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:29:13 -0500

------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Top Tech Trends 2003

Red Herring's Top 10 Tech Trends for 2003:
http://www.redherring.com/insider/2002/12/10trends-intro121602.html

WIRELESS
Carried away 
Until now, wireless local area networks have been just another grass roots, 
hobbyist technology--the purview of home-networking enthusiasts and risk-taking 
IT managers. But all of that will change in 2003, as the major international 
wireless carriers roll out high-speed local networks. Paradoxically, this both 
threatens and assures the future of 3G--the heretofore heir to the wireless 
throne.
By Dan Briody 
December 16, 2002 
http://www.redherring.com/insider/2002/12/10trends-wireless121602.html

TELECOMMUNICATIONS
The bankrupt go bankrupt 
The worst is yet to come in the telecom sector. Companies that have spent the 
past 12 months clawing their way out of bankruptcy will only go bankrupt again, 
killed by the continued decline in bandwidth prices.
By Om Malik 
December 16, 2002 
http://www.redherring.com/insider/2002/12/10trends-telecom121602.html

BROADBAND
Home alone 
Despite some nasty debt, cable companies will soon control how consumers access 
the Internet, watch television, and even use their phones--beating the Baby 
Bells at their own game.
By Mark Mowrey 
December 16, 2002 
http://www.redherring.com/insider/2002/12/10trends-broadband121602.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/