Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wildcard and CardReady International Form Strategic Alliance

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 16:37:35 -0500

Wildcard and CardReady International Form Strategic Alliance for Launch of TransAKT™ In
United States

December 12, 2002 8:25pm

CALGARY, ALBERTA, Dec 12, 2002 (CCNMatthews via COMTEX) -- Wildcard Wireless Solutions
Inc.
(Wildcard) is pleased to announce that it has reached agreements with U.S. based,
CardReady
International Inc. (CardReady) for the sales, support and marketing of its flagship
TransAKT™ CDMA
wireless point-of-sale (POS) terminal in the United States.

Under the agreements, CardReady, a U.S.
merchant service provider that is sponsored by
Key Bank, will accept and process credit card
transactions generated by end users of
TransAKT™ terminals and will also provide
front line customer support. In addition,
Wildcard will receive a share of the transaction
revenue stream generated by the terminals.

The TransAKT™ terminals, which connect to
merchant service providers via the United
States largest cellular networks, will be
available immediately through CardReady's
existing nationwide sales force. Initial rollout of
the TransAKT™ terminals has already begun
with the sale of a small number of wireless
terminals to existing CardReady clients who
were not happy with the performance of
competing wireless products.

In order to facilitate manufacturing of an initial inventory of TransAKT™ wireless
terminals required for
CardReady's U.S. sales, CardReady has arranged a $350,000 USD financing for Wildcard by
way of an
inventory secured loan, this will allow Wildcard to avoid equity financing and dilution to
support these sales.

In exchange for providing sales, support, and marketing in the United States for the
terminals, CardReady
and Wildcard have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) wherein CardReady has been
granted
the exclusive distribution rights within the United States for the TransAKT™ CDMA wireless
terminal and
has been designated the Merchant Service Provider of Choice.

Commenting on the alliance, Daniel Pomerleau, Wildcard's President, states "the
partnership with
CardReady is the final strategic piece required to rapidly launch our TransAKT™ offering
in the U.S. and
establish our presence within the mobile payments industry. CardReady is an aggressive and
rapidly
growing Company and we are very pleased to be working with them."

Jim Wilson, co-founder and Director of Marketing & Sales for CardReady states, "While
CardReady offers a
wireless solution today, I believe much has been needed to improve wireless POS
performance, standards
and pricing. CardReady receives many complaints about the limited coverage areas available
for competing
wireless products, and about pricing being too high. Despite the criticisms, wireless POS
technology
remains in great demand. We have endorsed the TransAKT™ terminals produced by Wildcard
Wireless as
the "1st generation of its kind" and are currently preparing a national sales campaign to
launch the
terminals".

About CardReady

CardReady International Inc. was founded in 1998 as a full service provider of Bankcard
Processing and
related electronic payment services. CardReady sets up businesses to accept credit and
debit cards
nationally, and provides 24/7 servicing for Merchant customers. CardReady's partners
include KeyBank
(US$89-billion in assets) and Vital Processing Services (network supports 25-billion
transactions annually).
For more information please visit http://www.cardready.com/

About Wildcard Wireless Solutions Inc.

Wildcard is a leading developer of secure wireless electronic payment and communication
solutions that
add value at the point of sale for consumers, merchants and acquirers alike. The TransAKT™
wireless
terminal is an integrated PIN Pad secured Point-of-Sale device that attaches to a cellular
phone without
impacting its normal operation. TransAKT™ currently attaches to Motorola's
StarTAC®/Timeport™ PCS
and iDEN® family of mobile phones, giving merchants the ability to easily and securely
accept multiple
methods of electronic payment in the field. For more information please visit
www.wildcardwireless.com.

CONTACT:          Wildcard Wireless Solutions Inc.

Rick Martens

1-800-266-4484

Email: [email-masked]

Website: www.wildcardwireless.com
http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=query_displaynews&q=IDEN&so=&dc=&ro=&ed=&sd=&s=1&boldtext=IDEN&sym=&doc_id=NR20021213375.2_9a4a0015a1330cc1

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/