Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Andy on Wireless Sales

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:41:35 -0500

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=34931451&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

News

IndustryWatch

Aerospace/Defense

Auto

Aviation

Banking

Business and Finance

Chemicals

Computers

Economy/Markets

Energy

Entertainment

Environment

Food

Government

Healthcare

Insurance

Internet

Metals & Minerals

Real Estate

Retail

Small Business

Telecommunications

- Equipment

- Fiber Optics

- Local Providers

- Long Distance

- Wireless

- Regulations

- Satellite

Transportation

Travel

Utilities

searchIndustryWatch

Markets &
Stocks

Commentary

Technology

Personal Finance

Retirement

Mutual Funds

Money 101

Money's Best

Track your
stocks

Calculators

CNNfn
on TV

Services

CNN.com

CNNSI.com

MONEY
Magazine
Customer
Service

E-MAIL
NEWSLETTERS
sign
up!

MOBILE NEWS
•AvantGo

sign
up!

Andrew Seybold, Edmond Legum and Barney Dewey Bring The Wireless Experience to International Consumer Electronics Show

Source: Business Wire

Publication date: 2002-12-05

LOS GATOS, Calif. & ROSWELL, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 5, 2002--
Attendees of the International Consumer Electronics Show (Las Vegas,
January 9-12) can broaden their knowledge of wireless data technology
as well as how to present and sell it successfully by participating
in The Wireless Experience, an intensive, day-long tutorial conducted
by wireless data technology experts Andrew Seybold and Barney Dewey,
and Edmond Legum, the wireless industry authority on sales and sales
management training.

The program, specially designed for CES attendees, is comprised of
six highly focused presentations, each designed to address an area of
critical importance in building the product knowledge of retail sales
and sales management personnel, creating understanding of the issues
and separations between the business and corporate markets, and
communicating techniques leading to the successful closure of sales
and the subsequent use by the customer. It will take place in the
South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, Rooms S215-216, January
9, commencing at 10:30 a.m. Sessions are $99 each in advance, or $299
each, on-site. Advance purchase price of the full day's program is
$396; $596, on-site.

"Most retail personnel are poorly equipped to deal with the
complex details of wireless data technology and its application simply
because historically, there has been little impetus for them to
develop the required knowledge and skills," Andrew Seybold said.
"Enormous information and sales training gaps currently exist between
vendors of wireless products and services and the front-line people
who are expected to sell them at retail. At CES, The Wireless
Experience will bridge those gaps."

The six sessions of the CES Wireless Experience program include:

-- How to sell more wireless data than the competition

-- What retailers must know now about wireless data

-- Consumers and business data users; how are they different

-- Displaying wireless data at retail

-- Selling wireless data at retail

-- Profiting from wireless data at retail.

"By the end of program, retail sales and management personnel
participating in the sessions will return to their stores with
heightened enthusiasm for the value that wireless data can bring to
their customers," Legum said. "They will be far better equipped to
explain the new range of products and services and to answer complex
questions with the confidence that leads to sales and referrals."

About The Wireless Experience

The Wireless Experience is a joint venture of The Andrew Seybold
Consulting Group, Los Gatos; the Edmond-Howard Network, Roswell; and
Wireless Marcom, LLC, a marketing and research organization with
offices in Colorado and Massachusetts. Andy Seybold has spent more
than two decades analyzing, editorializing and consulting in
high-technology industries. Author of several books, he is president
of Andrew Seybold's Outlook 4Mobility, a newsletter and conference
firm, as well as senior partner in the consulting firm Andrew Seybold
Consulting Group, LLC. Edmond Legum entered the field of
telecommunications in 1984 as vice president of American Phone
Centers. He founded Edmond-Howard in 1986, specializing in sales and
sales management training and marketing support services for the
telecom industry. Barney Dewey, a partner in the Andrew Seybold
Consulting Group LLC and Andrew Seybold's Outlook 4Mobility, has a
30-year technology track record, including 10 years at Motorola
designing and implementing large-scale wireless communications
systems.

For further information or to engage The Wireless Experience
contact Ed Legum at 1-800-335-3486 or visit us online at
www.wirelessexperience.com.

Publication date: 2002-12-05

© 2002, YellowBrix, Inc.

CNNmoney

contact us | magazine
customer service |
site
map | CNN/Money
glossary

OTHER NEWS: CNN | CNNSI | Fortune | Business 2.0 | Time | ON
Copyright © 2002 CNN America, Inc. An AOL Time
Warner Company ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms under which this
service is provided to you. privacy policy