Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:17:53 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, December 10, 2002
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Spirea AB Announces Cost Optimized Transceivers for The 2.4GHz WLAN Market
2) Atmel Introduces New SiGe CDMA Multi-Mode RF Receiver Family
3) New Single-Chip Bluetooth LSI From Toshiba Integrates RF and Baseband Circuits
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Spirea AB Announces Cost Optimized Transceivers for The 2.4GHz WLAN Market; g-TraC and
b-TraC transceivers in 0.18um CMOS support 802.11g (draft) and 802.11b
 
KISTA, Sweden, Dec 9, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Spirea AB, a leading developer of integrated
RF solutions for the Short Distance Wireless markets, today announced a pair of new
transceiver chips for IEEE 802.11 standards....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4356/793725
 
2) Atmel Introduces New SiGe CDMA Multi-Mode RF Receiver Family; Launch Commenced of
Highly Integrated, High-Performance CDMA RF Receivers into Specific Regional Markets
 
HEILBRONN, Germany, Dec 9, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Atmel(R) Corporation (Nasdaq:ATML)
announced today the availability of a new CDMA RF receiver family manufactured in SiGe
technology for improved performance. The new family consists of the dual-mode CDMA/AMPS RF
receiver T0351, the dual-band CDMA/GPS RF receiver T0354, the dual-band PCS/GPS RF
receiver T0352 and the quad-mode/tri-band RF receiver...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4357/793725
 
3) New Single-Chip Bluetooth LSI From Toshiba Integrates RF and Baseband Circuits; Toshiba
Rolling Out Complete Bluetooth System Solution for North American Customer Base
 
SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec 9, 2002 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Toshiba America Electronic
Components, Inc. (TAEC) today announced a new single-chip Bluetooth(TM) large scale
integration (LSI) that integrates radio frequency (RF) and baseband circuits. Designated
TC35654, the single-chip device is targeted at applications, such as cellular phones,
personal digital assistants (PDAs) and other hand-held...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4358/793725

------------------------ 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
------------------------
 
Mimix Broadband has contributed a datasheet for its XU1000 17.0-27.0 GHz GaAs MMIC
Up-Converter to the Wireless Design Online download library. The 17.0-27.0 GHz GaAs MMIC
up-converter has a typical small signal conversion gain of 0 dB with a typical third order
intercept of +12 dBm across the band. The device is a single fundamental mixer followed by
a single stage amplifier. Click here to download the application note in pdf format:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4367/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Common Band Devices
2) High-Reliability Computer Platforms 
3) Microwave Conformance Services
4) Quadrature Combiner
5) NPN Silicon RF Transistor 
6) Quad-Band Power Amplifier
7) Surface Mount Display
8) Voltaire XL/LS Circuit Simulator
9) Dual SOS PLL
10) Cellular Foam
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Common Band Devices
 
Specifications:
- Isolation: 22 dB min 
- Insertion Loss: 0.30 dB max 
- VSWR: 1.20 : 1 max 
- Load Rating: 1 Watt std 
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/821/793725
 
2) High-Reliability Computer Platforms 
 
I-Bus/Phoenix manufactures fully integrated high reliability computer platforms including
CompactPCI technology, designed for a range of mission-critical applications. Our systems
include fully configured 1U, 2U, 4U and 6U ISA/PCI solutions....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4368/793725
 
3) Microwave Conformance Services
 
Our dedicated team of professional and experienced engineers is ready to work around the
clock to get our customers' products to market, offering support during development and
compliance testing. We are also actively involved in the standards making process, to keep
abreast of changes and help our customers to design for compliance....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4359/793725
 
4) Quadrature Combiner
 
The Model 12A2ND-3N quadrature combiner can be used for either coherent or non-coherent
combining of two high power transmitters with minimum loss. The modular construction
allows cascading units to form 4-way and 8-way combiners. The units are bi-directional
allowing use as high power dividers....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4360/793725
 
5) NPN Silicon RF Transistor 
 
The NE662M04 is fabricated using NEC's state-of-the-art UHS0 25 GHz fT wafer process. With
a typical transition frequency of 23 GHz the NE662M04 is usable in applications from 100
MHz to over 10 GHz. Maximum DC current input of 35 mA provides a device with a usable
current range of 250 mA to 25 mA...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4369/793725
 
6) Quad-Band Power Amplifier
 
The RMPA1958-99 is a high efficiency power amplifier module for GSM/GPRS quad-band
applications. The module, which has an overall frequency range of 824-1910 MHz, uses
Raytheon RF Components? proprietary InGaP MMIC technology together with a CMOS control
circuit in an integrated design, affording greater flexibility and user convenience...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4361/793725
 
7) Surface Mount Display
 
Excel Technology provides an extensive selection of LED technology that includes white,
multi color, green, blue, yellow, orange, amber, red, yellow green, and water transparent
colors in various industry standard sizes including 0402, 0603, 0805, and 1206. High
Performance AllnGaP/ InGaN SMD LED lamps....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4362/793725
 
8) Voltaire XL/LS Circuit Simulator
 
Voltaire XL is an advanced linear and nonlinear circuit simulator featuring
harmonic-balance and Volterra series simulation engines. Voltaire XL was developed and
optimized for Windows 98/Me and NT4/2000/XP based computers so it is extremely efficient
and easy-to-use...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4363/793725
 
9) Dual SOS PLL
 
Peregrine Semiconductor Corp.'s PE3282A dual phase-locked loop (PLL) is designed for
IS-54/-136 and AMPS systems. Manufactured using an ultra-thin silicon (UTSi)
silicon-over-sapphire (SOS) process, the product features typical phase noise of better
than -78dBc/Hz at 2 kHz offset and a typical integrated phase noise of 0.9 deg. root mean
square (RMS)...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4364/793725
 
10) Cellular Foam
 
Advanced Materials is a leading manufacturer and fabricator of specialty foams, foils,
films and pressure sensitive adhesive components serving a broad base of domestic and
international customers in the computer, medical, automotive, aerospace and
telecommunications industries....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4365/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
ADVERTISE ONLINE
Need to reach qualified buyers of business products and professional services?  Advertise
on Wireless Design Online or in the Wireless Design Online Newsletter. Find out how our
flexible advertising programs can help you meet your marketing objectives:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/advariant/advertising.asp
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/897/793725
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/322/793725
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/913/793725
 
==========================================================

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/