Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Steel recycling of Ex- Twin Towers !

From: "Juliet <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 16:47:08 -0000

Due to a hot message from Reuters (Saturday, December 28, 2002), 
the "ex"- twin towers of the World Trade Center, which where a 
deformed on September 11, 01 left 1.62 million tons of rubble in a 
nearby landfill. 
This should be recycled in the following years from WTC steel, 
furthermore the recycled steel  will be used to build part of a new 
U.S. warship, according to defense contractor Northrop Grumman. 

In the middle of next year the steel is set to be shipped to 
Northrop's shipyard in Pascagoula, Mississippi, for construction to 
begin. The 684-foot ship should be ready for service in 2007. 

More about that decision can be read at:  
http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/Northeast/12/28/wtc.steel.reut/index.html

For all related somehow (or just very tangently) with wireless 
infrastructural issues and mobile communication issues, at least 
those question will arrise:

* How much steel will be recycled, and what is the degree of quality 
for further production usages ... (well this would nobody concern if 
not, the next question might be ocurently interrelated:)
* Will they (hopefully) need all those recycled old steel material, 
for this one recycle aim, the special ship? or
* Will they try to fill the gap of urgent needs in material for 
antenna towers and satellites, land- based mobile equipment and more 
tiny assets in the new markets?   

To put the rest of the steel trash (the non- recycleable) on another 
planet would need a more speed- up development of the new unmanned 
space vehicles I guess... 
Suggestion: X-40 turbo USV with spot- beaming facility to allocate 
proper positions for trash material...

:) Juliet

 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/