Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC- 12/12/2002

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:42:03 -0500

FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION SEEKS COMMENT ON THE SCOPE OF ITS ENHANCED 911 RULES.  
The FCC stated its intention to reevaluate the scope of communications services that
should provide access to emergency services and asked for comment on its enhanced 911
rules..  News Release. (Dkt No 99-67, 94-102). Adopted:  12/11/2002. News Media Contact:
Lauren Kravetz Patrich at (202) 418-7944 and Linda Haller at (202) 418-1408  IB, WTB.
Contact Gregory W. Guice at (202) 418-0095; David Siehl at (202) 418-1313; Arthur Lechtman
at (202) 418-1465; TTY at (202) 418-7233
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229405A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229405A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229405A1.txt> 

 FCC BEGINS INQUIRY REGARDING ADDITIONAL SPECTRUM FOR UNLICENSED DEVICES.   The FCC is
seeking comment on the possibility of permitting unlicensed transmitters to operate in
additional frequency bands..  News Release. (Dkt No 02-380). Adopted:  12/11/2002. News
Media Contact: Lisa Gaisford 202-418-7280  OET. Contact Hugh Van Tuyl 202-418-7506
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A2.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A3.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A4.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A5.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A2.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A3.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A4.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A5.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A1.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A2.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A3.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A4.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229400A5.txt> 

 FCC ISSUES NOTICE SEEKING DATA FOR ITS EIGHTH ANNUAL CMRS COMPETITION REPORT.   The FCC
is seeking information and data to use in its Eighth Annual Report to Congress on
competition in the commercial mobile radio services..  News Release. (Dkt No 02-379).
Adopted:  12/11/2002. News Media Contact: Chelsea Fallon at (202) 418-7991  WTB. Contact
Chelsea Fallon at (202) 418-7991 or Rachel Kazan at (202) 418-0651
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229406A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229406A2.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229406A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229406A2.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229406A1.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229406A2.txt> 

 WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU RELEASES REPORT ON THE PREVENTION OF WIRELESS
UNINTENTIONAL 911 CALLS.   The FCC's Wireless Telecommunications Bureau released a report
on the prevention of unintentional wireless 911 calls..  News Release. (Dkt No 94-102).
Adopted:  12/11/2002. News Media Contact: Lauren Kravetz Patrich at (202) 418-7944  WTB.
Contact Andra Cunningham at (202) 418-1310; TTY at (202) 418-1169
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229391A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229391A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229391A1.txt> 

 FCC ASKS FOR INFORMATION ON WIRELESS SERVICES IN RURAL AREAS.   The FCC is seeking
comment on the effectiveness of regulatory tools it currently has in place to facilitate
the delivery of wireless service to rural communities in the US..  News Release. (Dkt No
02-381). Adopted:  12/11/2002. News Media Contact: Chelsea Fallon at (202) 418-7991  WTB.
Contact Robert Krinsky at (202) 418-2909; TTY at (202) 418-7233
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A2.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A3.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A4.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A5.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A2.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A3.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A4.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A5.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A1.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A2.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A3.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A4.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229402A5.txt> 
 						* * * * *

 Released:  12/12/2002.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU SEEKS COMMENT ON REQUEST FOR
WAIVER OF SECTION 22.805 OF THE COMMISSION'S RULES BY METRO TELECOM, INC. TO OPERATE
PRIVATE LAND MOBILE RADIO SYSTEMS. (DA No.  02-3417)  IN THE NYC METRO AREA ON FREQUENCIES
OFFSET FROM THOSE ALLOCATED TO THE AIR GROUND RADIOTELEPHONE SERVICE. Comments Due: 
01/10/2003. Reply Comments Due:  01/24/2003.  WTB. Contact:  Guy Benson at (202) 418-2946,
TTY: (202) 418-7233, email: [email-masked]
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-02-3417A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-02-3417A1.pdfh9406A1.txt>  <h> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-02-3417A1.txt> 

 MANUEL M. VAZQUEZ, NAPLES, FL.   Issued a monetary forfeiture in the amount of $10,000.00
to Manuel M. Vazquez for willful and repeated violation of Section 301 of the
Communications Act involving operation of a radio station without Commission
authorization. Action by:  Chief, Enforcement Bureau. Adopted:  12/10/2002 by Forfeiture
Order. (DA No. 02-3403).  EB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-02-3403A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-02-3403A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-02-3403A1.txt> 

 CHANGES ON FCC SPECTRUM POLICY TASK FORCE ANNOUNCED.  News Release. News Media Contact:
Robin Pence 202-418-0505  OCH
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229395A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229395A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-229395A1.txt> 

 STAFF REPORT -PREVENTION OF UNINTENTIONAL WIRELESS 911 CALLS.   Wireless
Telecommunications Bureau released a staff report documenting steps being 
taken to address unintentional wireless 911 calls problem.. (Dkt No.  94-102). Action by: 
Chief, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau by REPORT. (DA No. 02-3413).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-02-3413A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-02-3413A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-02-3413A1.txt>

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/