Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PTT Demo-

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:19:48 -0500

Here is there PTT Demo-

http://www.sonimtech.com/flash/Start_Here.html

Marcel wrote:

> http://www.sonimtech.com/news.html
>

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:11:08 -0500

Sonim
and Texas Instruments Collaborate to Create Real-Time Voice over GPRS
Solutions for Multiple Chipset Families

Joint
Solution Enables Wireless Device Manufacturers

to Deliver Push-To-Talk Functionality

SAN MATEO, Calif., Dec. 9, 2002 – Sonim Technologies,
Inc. (www.sonimtech.com),
a leading provider of IP-based Instant Communications solutions for wireless
data networks, announced today that it will enable Texas Instruments (TI)
with real-time voice over GPRS solutions for wireless chipsets including
TI’s TCS2100 and TCS2500 GPRS Chipsets as well as the family of
OMAP™ integrated modem and application processors for 2.5G and 3G
handsets. Sonim’s Instant Communications Platform allows the deployment
of presence-enabled, instant voice messaging services, such as Push-To-Talk,
over wireless data networks.

“Working
with Sonim allows us to offer our customers Push-To-Talk functionality
across a wide range of wireless handsets that use the TCS2100 and TCS2500
GPRS chipsets. This includes almost every category of device, from a basic
feature phone with data capabilities to the most sophisticated convergent
smartphones and PDAs,” said Tom Pollard, worldwide director of marketing
for TI’s Wireless Chipset Business Unit. “Given the expected
growth of the Push-To-Talk market in North America, we are confident that
handset manufacturers will find this functionality compelling.”

“This
preferred relationship with TI, the world-leader in wireless silicon solutions,
provides Sonim unrivalled access to leading wireless device manufacturers.
This collaboration enables TI and Sonim to deliver new and compelling
services to end users over GPRS networks,” said Sonim CEO and president
John Burns. “Most importantly, this relationship significantly expands
the footprint of devices that can be enabled with instant communications
applications.”

For wireless
users, Push-to-Talk offers a new means of communicating with one or many
individuals at the push of a button on a wireless device. With a Push-To-Talk-enabled
wireless device, a user can review the availability of contacts or buddies
in the address book, similar to text instant messaging services from companies
like ICQ or Yahoo!™. Based on who is available, the user can simply
push a button and start a Push-to-Talk dialog in a walkie-talkie or chat
room-like mode. Additionally, with the Direct Message Service, a user
can select one or many individuals in the wireless device’s contact
list, create a voice message of any length and send it at the push of
a button. As a recipient of a Direct Message, the user is alerted of a
new voice message, and can retrieve that message instantly.

“TI
recognizes the value of Sonim’s solution in providing wireless handset
manufacturers and operators with instant voice communication applications
optimized for GPRS networks,” said Paul Werp, worldwide director
of marketing for TI’s OMAP platform. “Sonim demonstrates how
new services can easily be deployed within the OMAP framework, leveraging
the high performance and power efficiency of TI’s OMAP processors
and wireless chipsets. Most importantly, innovative messaging services
like Push-to-Talk will drive users to buy new wireless devices, and that’s
great news for the industry.”

“This
partnership will enable innovative, real-time applications on a wide range
of devices based on TI’s family of chipsets,” said Bob Plaschke,
Sonim executive vice president of marketing and chief financial officer.
“Through our joint marketing efforts in North America, Europe and
Asia, we can now fully address the potential of voice over GPRS services
like Push-to-Talk, while adding value to the mobile handset community.”

Sonim Technologies,
which recently announced the closing of $21.6 million in first-round funding,
has developed end-to-end Instant Communications solutions that enable
wireless operators to launch real-time voice services over wireless data
networks. Sonim’s standards-based architecture is designed from
the ground up to ensure high-availability and to meet the requirements
of a large-scale deployment. The thin client/smart server solution provides
SIP-based call control and Intelligent Presence management, and leverages
an extremely efficient transport protocol based on RTP to deliver high-quality
real-time voice over wireless data networks. The Sonim Instant Communications
Server supports open specifications for mobile instant messaging and presence
services, enabling interoperability with other messaging infrastructure.

TI´s
OMAP platform is comprised of high-performance, power efficient processors,
a robust software infrastructure and comprehensive support network of
independent OMAP Technology Centers for the rapid development of differentiated
2.5G and 3G mobile devices and other multimedia-enhanced applications.
Sonim’s Instant Communications solutions are currently offered for
TI’s OMAP processors and wireless chipsets.

About
TI’s OMAP Developer Network

Sonim is a member of the OMAP Developer Network, a group of software developers
creating advanced wireless applications for 2.5G and 3G handsets. OMAP
developers enable rapid deployment of enhanced applications across leading
operating systems in key areas like multimedia, security, messaging, gaming,
speech, location based services and mobile commerce. Wireless handset
manufacturers also benefit from the high performance and power efficiency
of TI's OMAP platform, and worldwide systems level integration services
provided by independent OMAP Technology Centers. The OMAP platform has
been selected by leading manufacturers such as Nokia, Palm, Fujitsu, Sendo,
Panasonic, HTC and others for their 2.5 and 3G wireless devices. For more
information about the OMAP Developer Network, the OMAP platform or independent
OMAP Technology Centers, please visit: www.omap.com.

About
Sonim Technologies, Inc.

Sonim Technologies is a leading provider of IP-based Instant Communications
solutions optimized for GPRS, 3G and 802.11 wireless data networks. Based
on open, global standards, the Sonim platform combines presence and availability
with high-margin messaging services such as Push-To-Talk. These solutions
allow wireless operators to leverage existing investments in data networks,
create new revenue streams and deliver superior “return on bandwidth”.
Sonim is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif., with sales and engineering
offices in Italy, the United Kingdom, and India. For more information,
visit the company’s Web site at www.sonimtech.com.

Media
Inquiries:

Kirsten Brundahl
or Ricca Silverio

Bock Communications, Inc.

+ 1 714 540 1030, ext. 24 or 15

+ 1 714 540 1060 fax

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Sonim
and Texas Instruments Collaborate to Create Real-Time Voice over GPRS
Solutions for Multiple Chipset Families (12/09/02) read
more

Integrated
Voice and Text Messaging over GPRS Showcased Jointly by Sonim, Symbian
and Texas Instruments (12/02/02) read
more

Infineon
Selects Sonim as Preferred Partner for Push-To-Talk, Adding Instant Voice
Messaging Functionality to Infineon's Mobile Platform Solution (10/29/02)
read more

BV Capital
Invests $3 Million to Cap Sonim Technologies' First Round of Institutional
Funding at $21.6 Million (10/16/02) read
more

Local
Talent Drives Development of Sonim Technologies’ Instant Communication
Platform (09/30/02)
read more

Sonim
Technologies Partners with Symbian (09/09/02) read
more

Sonim
Technologies Closes $18.6 Million Round of Funding (08/19/02) read
more

Sonim
Technologies Appoints Board of Directors and Strengthens Management Team
(08/19/02) read more

Copyright
© 2002 sonim technologies, inc. All rights reserved.

company | solutions
| partnerships | news
room | site map | contact