Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:28:35 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, December 3, 2002
================================================================
 
-------------------------------------
CONSULTING SERVICES 
-------------------------------------
 
Your projects deserve the best consultants... By using Wireless Design Online's Consulting
Services, you'll find them quickly and easily. GUARANTEED. 
 
With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy-to-use service ensures
you'll get the right firm, every time. Check out our guarantee at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/322/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Motorola's Semiconductor Products Sector (SPS) and SiRF Agree to Develop New
Location-Aware Chipsets
2) picoChip Unveils Baseband Technology to Solve 3G Infrastructure Challenges
3) Samsung Selects NeoCircuit for Mixed-Signal System IC Design
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Motorola's Semiconductor Products Sector (SPS) and SiRF Agree to Develop New
Location-Aware Chipsets; SiRF's GPS Baseband and RF Core Technology to be Integrated into
Motorola Location-Enabled Chipsets for Wireless and Mobile Devices
 
SAN JOSE, Calif. and PHOENIX, Dec 2, 2002 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- SiRF
Technology, Inc. and Motorola's (NYSE: MOT) Semiconductor Products Sector (SPS), the
world's largest producer of embedded processors and a leading supplier into the mobile
phone market, have announced an agreement to integrate
SiRF's market-leading SiRFstarII Global Positioning System (GPS) core technology with...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3494/793725
 
2) picoChip Unveils Baseband Technology to Solve 3G Infrastructure Challenges
 
BATH, England, Dec 2, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- picoChip Designs Ltd, a leader in innovative
flexible wireless solutions, today announced the details of its technology. The company
has developed a complete baseband platform for 3G infrastructure that solves three
critical problems confronting manufacturers...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3495/793725
 
3) Samsung Selects NeoCircuit for Mixed-Signal System IC Design; Samsung Will Deploy
NeoCircuit To Enhance Mixed-Signal Design Flow
 
PITTSBURGH, Dec 2, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Neolinear, Inc. today announced that Samsung
has selected NeoCircuit(R) to enhance its design flow for System IC design. This agreement
follows Samsung's in-depth evaluation of Neolinear's technology over the last several
quarters on a wide range of circuits and technologies....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3496/793725

------------------------
New Freeware Program
------------------------
 
We recently added AutoLabNF Ver1.01 to our download library. AutoLab-NF performs noise
figure measurements using any spectrum analyser. The measurements modes include classic,
fast and small signal modes.
 
Visit our download library today to download AutoLabNF Ver1.01 and hundreds of other free
software demos, technical papers, datasheets, and more.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3506/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) ConnexLink & ConnexModem 2.4 GHz Packaged Radios
2) Wireless Mini Modules
3) Frequency Doubler
4) Quartz Crystal Resonators
5) Harmonic Quadrature Modulator
6) CDMA Driver Amp/Upconverter
7) Stratum 100 
8) GaAs IC PHMET Voltage Variable Attenuator 
9) Antenna Design Services
10) FIDELITY EM Simulator 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) ConnexLink & ConnexModem 2.4 GHz Packaged Radios
 
AeroComm's plug-and-play RS232 wireless transceivers enable local-area communication in
industrial, commercial and office applications. Powered by a 10mW or 200mW radio in the
license-free 2.4 GHz ISM band, ConnexLink is an ideal solution for serial data
communications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3497/793725
 
2) Wireless Mini Modules
 
HM Radio Technology is proud to announce its first introduction into the North American
market. The 70 Series single channel wireless transmitter and receiver mini modules are
now available in FCC certified models. The 70TX1 transmitter has been approved for use in
FCC Rule Parts 22,74,90 and 95...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3498/793725
 
3) Frequency Doubler
 
Aethercomm P/N 10020-001 is an X to K Band Frequency Doubler. This frequency multiplier
has an input frequency range of 8.8 to 9.6 GHz and an output frequency range of 17.6 to
19.2 GHz. The input power level is variable from +5 dBm to +14 dBm. Output power level is
+12 dBm typical at each of the output ports....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3499/793725
 
4) Quartz Crystal Resonators
 
In a Corning quartz crystal, a thin slice of quartz is placed between two electrodes. An
alternating voltage applied to these electrodes causes the quartz to vibrate, or
oscillate, at a particular frequency. The frequency is a function of the thickness of the
crystal. By carefully preparing a crystal, it can be made to oscillate at any frequency...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3500/793725
 
5) Harmonic Quadrature Modulator
 
The SML Series quadrature modulator offers 50 dB carrier suppression for digital-radio
applications. This rejection is derived from a harmonic mixing approach and minimizes the
phase degradation due to the carrier to less than 0.5 degrees. Supporting output
frequencies in bands from five to 15 GHz, the harmonic operation requires only half the LO
frequency, reducing the cost of the phase-locked source...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3501/793725
 
6) CDMA Driver Amp/Upconverter
 
The RF2642 is a silicon-based 3V 900MHz upconverter/power amp driver with bypass mode
designed for CDMA applications. Its driver amplifier features high and low gain states. In
the low gain state, the gain is adjustable, and the device draws less current. An onboard
power-down mode turns off the driver amplifier; the upconverter is always on...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3502/793725
 
7) Stratum 100 
 
The Stratum 100 is the industry's fastest license-exempt wirefree radio system offering
100 Mbps full-duplex throughput for Fast Ethernet transport. In addition, two T1 channels
are available for PBX connections, T1 channel bank, T1 video codec and other TDM
applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3503/793725
 
8) GaAs IC PHMET Voltage Variable Attenuator 
 
Skyworks introduces the AV141-321 Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) IC PHMET voltage variable
attenuator that combines price and performance over a high frequency range. Providing
high-end performance from 2.7 GHz-4 GHz, the attenuator is designed for use in power
control applications for 3.5 GHz fixed wireless LAN applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3504/793725
 
9) Antenna Design Services
 
Our antenna design work is focused on microstrip antennas and parabolic dishes. Current
designs include products on 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz, X-Band, ISM and Cellular Bands. Applications
include WLAN, PCS/PCN, DECT, GPS, GSM and surveillance...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3505/793725
 
10) FIDELITY EM Simulator 
 
FIDELITY is a FDTD (Finite-Difference Time-Domain) based Full-3D EM Simulator for modeling
microwave circuits, components, and antenna, wireless/RF antennas, EMC and EMI structures,
and other high-speed and high-frequency circuitry...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/825/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
ADVERTISE ONLINE
Need to reach qualified buyers of business products and professional services?  Advertise
on Wireless Design Online or in the Wireless Design Online Newsletter. Find out how our
flexible advertising programs can help you meet your marketing objectives:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/advariant/advertising.asp
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/897/793725
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/913/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/