Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Dobson Communications and AT&T Wireless

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:56:53 -0500

Dobson Communications and AT&T Wireless Reach Definitive
Agreement to Exchange Properties in California, Alaska
Source: PrimeZone Media Network
Publication date: 2002-12-26

Dobson Communications and AT&T Wireless Reach Definitive Agreement to
Exchange Properties in California, Alaska

OKLAHOMA CITY and REDMOND, Wash., Dec. 26, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) --
Dobson Communications Corporation (OTCBB:DCEL) and AT&T Wireless
Services, Inc. (NYSE:AWE) announced today that the companies have
signed a definitive agreement to exchange certain wireless properties.
According to the agreement, Dobson will exchange its two remaining
wireless properties in California for two AT&T Wireless properties in Alaska.
In addition, AT&T Wireless will transfer to Dobson all of the Dobson Series
AA preferred stock that it currently holds. The transaction remains subject
to federal regulatory approvals and certain other conditions. This agreement
concerns the same properties involved in the announcement made in
October 2002.

Under the agreement, AT&T Wireless will transfer to Dobson the Anchorage,
Alaska Metropolitan Service Area (MSA) and Alaska Rural Service Area
(RSA) 2 markets. The Anchorage MSA includes a population of
approximately 262,100, all of which is covered by the AT&T Wireless
network in that market. The AT&T Wireless network in Alaska RSA extends
primarily north, northeast and south of Anchorage and covers almost 98
percent of the RSA's total population of approximately 168,300. The covered
area includes the cities of Wasilla, Palmer and Glenallen to the north of
Anchorage, and Valdez, Homer and Seward to the south. Dobson already
owns Alaska RSA 1, which includes the city of Fairbanks, and Alaska RSA
3, which includes the city of Juneau.

The agreement calls for Dobson to transfer to AT&T Wireless the Santa
Cruz, California MSA and California RSA 4 markets. The Santa Cruz MSA
covers a population of approximately 255,600, and California RSA 4 includes
a population of approximately 386,900. California RSA 4 covers the counties
of Madera, Merced and San Benito; the cities of Madera, Merced, Hollister
and Los Banos; and a portion of Interstate 5.

AT&T Wireless would also transfer to Dobson its Dobson Series AA
preferred stock, which AT&T Wireless purchased in February 2001. Upon
receipt of the Series AA preferred stock, Dobson plans to cancel that issue.

About AT&T Wireless

AT&T Wireless (NYSE:AWE) is the largest independently traded wireless
carrier in the United States, following our split from AT&T on July 9, 2001.
AT&T Wireless now operates the largest GSM/GPRS network in the
Western Hemisphere. With 20.2 million subscribers, and full-year 2001
revenues exceeding $13.6 billion, AT&T Wireless will continue delivering
advanced high-quality mobile wireless communications services, voice or
data, to businesses and consumers, in the U.S. and internationally. For
more information, please visit us at www.attwireless.com.

About Dobson Communications

Dobson Communications is a leading provider of wireless phone services to
rural markets in the United States. Headquartered in Oklahoma City, the
Company owns or manages wireless operations in 17 states. For additional
information on the Company and its operations, please visit its Web site at
www.dobson.net.

CONTACT: Dobson Communications J. Warren Henry, Vice President,
Investor Relations (405) 529-8820

AT&T Wireless, Financial Communications Mike DiGioia (425) 580 5851

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=35431718&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/