Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Greg Brown Named President and CEO of Motorola's Commercial, Government and Industrial Solutions Sector

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 15:42:43 -0500

Jason P.   Isn't this you uncle?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Brown Named President and CEO of Motorola's Commercial, Government and
Industrial Solutions Sector

 SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Dec. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola, Inc.
(NYSE: MOT) today announced that Greg Brown, chairman and chief executive
officer (CEO) of Micromuse, a leading provider of service and business
assurance software, has been named executive vice president of Motorola and
president and CEO of Motorola's Commercial, Government and Industrial
Solutions Sector (CGISS).  Brown will report to Mike Zafirovski, Motorola
president and chief operating officer, and his appointment is effective
January 1.
    Bob Barnett, executive vice president of Motorola and president and CEO of
CGISS, and Christopher B. Galvin, chairman and CEO of Motorola Inc., mutually
agreed that, given the positive changes taking place in homeland security
communications and related fields served by CGISS, this Motorola business
requires leadership continuity for a longer period of time than Barnett
intended to remain fully active.  Barnett will continue to serve full-time as
executive vice president of Motorola, Inc., and work on behalf of the Office
of the Chairman beginning January 1.
    "We thank Bob for his extraordinary legacy of business leadership and
success in CGISS," said Galvin.  "Bob has worked relentlessly to serve and
support our key stakeholders: communities, customers, employees, shareholders
and suppliers.  His success and personal leadership are reflected in CGISS
recently being named a recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality
Award.
    "Greg brings to his new role a strong knowledge of telecommunications,
network software expertise, international experience and a proven record of
profitable growth," said Galvin.  "He can blend the superior talent of the
CGISS team with our Intelligence Everywhere(TM) brand promise to ensure our
continued industry leadership, and he will help us drive the next evolution of
the CGISS business."
    Brown joined Micromuse in 1999 and increased the company's revenues nearly
500% in four years.  The firm went public in early 1998 and now has sales
offices and operations around the world.  Prior to Micromuse, Brown gained
executive-level experience in the telecom, broadband and software industries,
as well as extensive sales and marketing expertise.  He spent 12 years at
Ameritech, a multi-billion-dollar telecommunications and information services
provider headquartered in Chicago, Illinois.  During this time, he served as
president of Ameritech's Custom Business Services, a $1.5 billion unit that
provided custom communications and information technology to Ameritech's
largest clients.  He also was president of Ameritech New Media, with
responsibility for consumer cable TV and video-broadband network deployment,
and he served as president of both Illinois Bell Communications and Wisconsin
Bell Communications.
    Brown earned a bachelor's degree in economics from Rutgers University in
New Jersey and serves on the university's board of overseers.  He also is a
member of the board of directors of R.R. Donnelly Inc.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/