Subject: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-gwon-mobileip-efwd-fmipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:07:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Enhanced Forwarding From Previous Care-of Address For 
                          Fast Mobile IPv6 Handovers (eFWD)
	Author(s)	: Y. Gwon, A. Yegin
	Filename	: draft-gwon-mobileip-efwd-fmipv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2002-12-18
	
This memo introduces a low latency and low loss handover protocol 
that enhances the performance of forwarding from previous care-of 
address for Mobile IPv6, namely eFWD. The eFWD allows a mobile node 
to control and initiate creation of a bi-directional tunnel between 
the old and the new access routers subsequent to link layer 
handover. The eFWD handover reduces IP handover latency by 
eliminating new care-of address acquisition time and by identifying 
new access router information in advance utilizing Candidate Access 
Router Information Discovery (CARID) process detailed in this memo. 
The eFWD protocol removes extra burden on link layer by eliminating 
any requirement on pre-triggers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gwon-mobileip-efwd-fmipv6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gwon-mobileip-efwd-fmipv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gwon-mobileip-efwd-fmipv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.