Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Webcast Anncmnt: Next Generation Wireless Applications - 01/14/03

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:54:48 -0500

Webcast Announcement

Next Generation 
Wireless Applications:
Uncovering the Drivers Behind 
Development, Deployment, and Usage 

Sponsored by: Management consultants PRTM 
and Wireless Week magazine 

Date: January 14, 2003 
Time: 9:00 a.m. Pacific/12:00 p.m. Eastern  

Featuring: Results of the PRTM/Wireless Week Next Generation Applications Survey  

According to the recent PRTM/Wireless Week Next Generation Wireless Applications Survey,
40% of participants indicate that wireless application revenue will be more than half of
their total business revenue in the next 12 months. Survey results also report that 60% of
participants see integration as their most critical development challenge.

How will players in the wireless value chain drive revenue over the next 12 months? How
will they overcome integration and other development challenges? This webcast,
co-sponsored by PRTM and Wireless Week, will address findings from the Next Generation
Wireless Applications Survey. The webcast will focus on pressing issues, including what
factors are driving customer adoption and how companies will need to be agile to cater to
increasingly complex customer needs.

What Will This Webcast Address?

All players in the value chain will need to determine the most effective business models
and approaches for the development, deployment, and usage of next generation wireless
applications. This webcast will help providers better understand the factors behind the
successful adoption of next generation wireless applications. The webcast will uncover the
current and emerging practices of companies throughout the value chain and examine
critical areas such as:

Segmentation approaches for companies in selling wireless applications 
Market segments with the greatest adoption rates 
The most challenging phases of application development 
Impacts on adoption of next generation wireless applications 
Core technologies enabling wireless applications 
The biggest hurdles to deployment 
Who Should Attend?

Content providers 
Applications developers 
Applications service providers 
Wireless network operators 
MVNOs 
Terminal/handset providers 
Wireless infrastructure manufacturers 
Companies using or planning to use wireless applications 
Lead Presenters

Dr. Anand Iyer, a Director at management consultants PRTM, leads the firm's Wireless
Solutions Practice. He focuses on helping companies take advantage of the convergence of
the Internet and emerging wireless technologies with innovative business models. He has
over 14 years of consulting and industry experience working with companies in the areas of
business strategy development, network engineering and economic modeling, service
development, and value chain analysis. Dr. Iyer also has significant technical expertise
in the areas of optical data processing, image pattern recognition, wireless
communications, and telecommunications hardware design. Dr. Iyer holds a Ph.D and M.S. in
electrical and computer engineering and an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University.

Jim Takach, a Director at PRTM, has over 14 years of experience in industrial and
technology industries. He has worked extensively in wireless communications and has
in-depth knowledge of current and next generation mobile wireless systems. His
telecommunications expertise includes go-to-market strategy formulation, technology
strategy development, program management, standards strategy, and quality assurance. Mr.
Takach has also held project management positions as an officer in the United States Air
Force, where he was involved with technology strategy for a satellite command and control
network. He holds a BS degree in electrical engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic
Institute and an MSEE from the University of California at Los Angeles. Mr. Takach often
speaks at major telecommunications industry conferences and forums.

If you have any questions about this event contact Jennifer Baird at [email-masked] or
call 
781-434-1279.

To Register: http://prtm4.sitestream.com/register.asp?event_id=9

For more information about PRTM's management solutions, visit
http://www.prtm.com/services.

http://prtm4.sitestream.com/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/