Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Pumatech Joins Open Mobile Alliance; Membership

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 23:52:18 -0500

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=34860437&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

--

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

News

IndustryWatch

Aerospace/Defense

Auto

Aviation

Banking

Business and Finance

Chemicals

Computers

Economy/Markets

Energy

Entertainment

Environment

Food

Government

Healthcare

Insurance

Internet

Metals & Minerals

Real Estate

Retail

Small Business

Telecommunications

- Equipment

- Fiber Optics

- Local Providers

- Long Distance

- Wireless

- Regulations

- Satellite

Transportation

Travel

Utilities

searchIndustryWatch

Markets &
Stocks

Commentary

Technology

Personal Finance

Retirement

Mutual Funds

Money 101

Money's Best

Track your
stocks

Calculators

CNNfn
on TV

Services

CNN.com

CNNSI.com

MONEY
Magazine
Customer
Service

E-MAIL
NEWSLETTERS
sign
up!

MOBILE NEWS
•AvantGo

sign
up!

Pumatech Joins Open Mobile Alliance; Membership Underscores Pumatech's Commitment to Fostering Industry-Wide Interoperability of Mobile & Wireless Technologies

Source: Business Wire

Publication date: 2002-12-03

SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 3, 2002--Pumatech, Inc.
(Nasdaq:PUMA), the leading provider of synchronization software and
services, today announced it has joined the Open Mobile Alliance
(OMA). The OMA is a consortium of nearly 200 of the world's leading
mobile operators, device and network suppliers, information technology
companies and content providers that have joined forces with the
common goals of removing barriers to interoperability and accelerating
the development and adoption of new technologies.

"Our participation in the Open Mobile Alliance reflects our solid
commitment to addressing the ever-changing needs of the mobile
marketplace through support of important industry standards and
initiatives," said Woodson (Woody) Hobbs, president and CEO of
Pumatech. "We look forward to working with the OMA to help drive
industry-wide interoperability of mobile and wireless technologies."

The Open Mobile Alliance combines several industry standards
bodies, including The Open Mobile Architecture initiative, WAP Forum,
Location Interoperability Forum (LIF), MMS Interoperability Group
(MMS-IOP), SyncML Initiative Ltd. and Wireless Village initiative.
These bodies represent initiatives and standards that Pumatech has
worked to support for several years, including the common
synchronization standard promoted by the SyncML Initiative.

ABOUT THE OPEN MOBILE ALLIANCE (OMA)

The Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) delivers open standards for the
mobile industry, helping to create interoperable services that work
across countries, operators and mobile terminals and are driven by
users' needs. To expand the mobile market, companies supporting the
Open Mobile Alliance will work to stimulate the fast and wide adoption
of a variety of new, enhanced mobile information, communication and
entertainment services. The Open Mobile Alliance includes all key
elements of the wireless value chain, and contributes to the timely
and efficient introduction of services and applications. For more
information, please visit www.openmobilealliance.org.

ABOUT PUMATECH

Pumatech, Inc. (Nasdaq:PUMA) provides organizations with a
comprehensive suite of software products and services that
synchronizes and distributes critical information for an individual or
throughout an enterprise. Organizations can choose to use Pumatech's
ready-made enterprise offerings, or they can leverage Pumatech's
professional services team to create custom solutions built upon
Pumatech's core enterprise platform. Pumatech's customer and strategic
partner base includes Global 2000 companies such as Microsoft, Sony,
Siebel, Oracle, Yahoo!, NTT DoCoMo, Boeing CNET and General Motors.
The Company has headquarters in Silicon Valley and offices in Munich,
Tokyo and London. Pumatech offers more information on its products and
services at www.pumatech.com.

Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant
to the "safe harbor" provisions of the United States Private
Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Investors are cautioned that
such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties,
including, without limitation, the support of mobile and wireless
technology standards, risks relating to technological changes,
dependence on intellectual property rights and other risks detailed
from time to time in Pumatech's periodic reports filed with the United
States Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulatory
authorities.

Pumatech and the Pumatech logo are trademarks of Pumatech, Inc.,
that may be registered in some jurisdictions. The names of companies
and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their
respective owners.

Publication date: 2002-12-03

© 2002, YellowBrix, Inc.

CNNmoney

contact us | magazine
customer service |
site
map | CNN/Money
glossary

OTHER NEWS: CNN | CNNSI | Fortune | Business 2.0 | Time | ON
Copyright © 2002 CNN America, Inc. An AOL Time
Warner Company ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms under which this
service is provided to you. privacy policy