Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Alert Cast - How?

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:02:12 -0500

------- Original Message --------
   From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  Re: Alert Cast - How?

The FCC has rules to license low power AM/FM travel alert stations.
These are called "Traveler Information Systems" (TIS) . See FCC Rules
90.242, etc, for more info.

These do not operate on top of local stations.
========================================================

A10382 wrote:
>
> The 'long tunnel' may be ones where there is a sign-posted AM
> frequency for traffic info.
>
> Quite a few of these around the country. 0 including some 'airport
> traffic' info stations
>
> However, the drivers would have to actually tune in and not be already
> 'tuned out'...  Now imagine a highway with legalized drugs... The very
> image that Nevada voters were able to portray about the now defeated
> proposal to legalize... They saw thousands of Californians coming to
> Nevada every week and NOT waiting until they got home to light-up.
>
> A common nationwide AM -and- FM station, coupled with lots of pole
> mounted very low power transmitters would work - but again only for
> those who actually see the blinking light on the pole and tune in --
> and those who do not have their boom-boxes turned up to 100db+ output
>
>
> =====
>  ._._.
>