Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CDMA 450Mhz network opened in Russia

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:09:56 -0500

CDMA 450Mhz network opened in Russia

17-Dec-02

Russia's Delta Telecom has launched its CDMA2000 1X network in the 450MHz frequency band
using equipment, software and services from Lucent Technologies. This new network, named
SKYLINK, will be the first one in Russia capable of providing subscribers high-speed
mobile data services at speeds of up to 153 kilobits per second along with high-quality
voice services.

Subscribers in St. Petersburg and its nearest suburbs will be the first to gain access to
the SKYLINK services. In the future, Delta Telecom plans to expand the SKYLINK network to
provide coverage in all of its licensed territories.

"Today, with the launch of the new CDMA2000 1X SKYLINK network, we start a new era of
mobile communications in Russia and create a new way of life. The high-speed data services
made possible by this new network give enterprise subscribers a powerful tool for
improving business processes and customer service," said Victor Ustyuzhanin, general
director of Delta Telecom.

"Lucent Technologies was first to develop a CDMA2000 1X solution for 450 MHz and make it
available to the telecommunications market," said Dmitry Kamensky, managing director of
Lucent Technologies Russia and Commonwealth of Independent States. "Today we are happy to
participate in the commercial launch of SKYLINK, the first Russian network based on
CDMA2000 1X in the 450 MHz band, which enables Delta Telecom to offer 3G mobile
communication services to enterprise subscribers and consumers."

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/