Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Activision and Mforma To Bring Star Trek Nemesis to Wireless Phones

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 12:16:34 -0500

Activision and Mforma To Bring Star Trek Nemesis to Wireless Phones
 http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.120202/223360293&ticker=ATVI

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Click here for ATVI stock quote/chart

BW0293 DEC 02,2002 9:02 PACIFIC 12:02 EASTERN

( BW)(WA-MFORMA/ACTIVISION)(ATVI) Activision and Mforma To Bring Star
Trek Nemesis to Wireless Phones

Business Editors, Technology Writers

KIRKLAND, Wash. & SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 2,
2002--

Star Trek to Make its 3G Mobile-Phone Debut Through a Worldwide

Licensing Deal Between Activision Publishing, Inc. and Mforma

Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), a leading worldwide developer,
publisher, and distributor of video games and other interactive
entertainment products, and Mforma Group Inc., a leading global
provider of mobile data solutions for wireless operators, today
announced that Mforma will publish games for Java 2 platform, Micro
Edition (J2ME(TM)), Qualcomm BREW(TM) and two-way SMS enabled handsets
based on the Star Trek(R) Nemesis movie that launches into theaters on
December 13, 2002.

Star Trek Nemesis wireless games are being brought to market by
Mforma and its nGame subsidiary and will be made available worldwide
through Mforma's distribution network of more than 40 wireless
carriers. The first Star Trek Nemesis game is a "space shooter" where
players take control of the bridge of the Enterprise and get ready to
save Earth. The game will be made available to coincide with the
launch of the movie, while a second title will be made available to
coincide with the release of the DVD. The space shooter title will
have a first person 3D version and an SMS-based version. Mforma,
Activision, and Paramount Pictures, a Viacom property, will partner
closely on cross-platform co-marketing activities for the games to
leverage the buzz and excitement surrounding the launch of the movie.

"This is the first time that a game based on the hugely popular
Star Trek universe has been available on the next generation of 3G,
J2ME, and BREW-enabled color cell phones," said John Brimacombe,
president of Mforma. "The Star Trek Nemesis games will reach an
installed user base of tens of millions of Star Trek fans around the
world."

"We are delighted to be partnering with Mforma to bring Star Trek
Nemesis to the wireless platform and to wireless consumers worldwide,"
said Dave Anderson, director of business development and licensing for
Activision, Inc.

For all the latest Star Trek news, visit the official home of Star
Trek at http://www.startrek.com or the supersite for all Star Trek
games at http://gaming.startrek.com.

About Activision, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision, Inc. is a
leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive
entertainment and leisure products. Founded in 1979, Activision posted
revenues of $786 million for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2002.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United
Kingdom, France, Germany, Japan, Australia, Scandinavia and the
Netherlands. More information about Activision and its products can be
found on the company's World Wide Web site, which is located at
www.activision.com.

About Paramount Pictures and Viacom

Viacom Consumer Products, Inc. merchandises properties on behalf
of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Television, Viacom Productions, and
Spelling Television, as well as third-party properties. Viacom
Consumer Products, a unit of Viacom Entertainment Group, is a
subsidiary of Viacom Inc. To learn more about Viacom Consumer Products
and our properties, please visit us at www.viacomcp.com.

About Mforma Group

Mforma delivers the most comprehensive mobile data solution in the
industry, providing carriers and their customers with the world's best
content, and providing content developers with the shortest route to
market. Mforma has driven over 1 billion game transactions for its
operator customers, which include Cingular, AT&T Wireless, Verizon,
Telefonica, Vodafone, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, Alltel, Telstra,
Telus, Bell Mobility, Air Movil, Radiolinja, Smart Communications,
Globe Telecom and Orange. Mforma operator customers collectively serve
90 percent of wireless subscribers in the U.S. and 70 percent of
wireless subscribers in Europe -- a total of more than 300 million
subscribers. In addition to the industry's most comprehensive catalog
of SMS, MMS, WAP and Java games and entertainment applications, Mforma
offers Java, SMS and MMS "Quick Start" programs that include total
content management services, companion web sites, and branded content
such as Spiderman(R), Top Gun(R), and Britney Spears Crossroads(TM)
titles.

The Mforma Mserver Platform is the industry's first independent,
open application development platform. The Mforma Software Development
Kit enables developers to create applications that work across
multiple protocols including SMS, Voice, WAP, CHTML, iMode, J2ME and
BREW. The Mforma Developer Program offers application developers the
tools and services to expedite time-to-market and revenue generation.
When working with Mforma, wireless operators can choose to utilize any
or all of the Mforma resources-tools, platforms, and/or content.
Please visit www.mforma.com.

TM & (c) 2002 Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved. Star Trek
is a registered trademark of Paramount Pictures. All other trademarks
and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. All
rights reserved.

The statements contained in this release that are not historical
facts are "forward-looking statements." The Company cautions readers
of this press release that a number of important factors could cause
Activision's actual future results to differ materially from those
expressed in any such forward-looking statements. These important
factors, and other factors that could affect Activision, are described
in Activision's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended
March 31, 2002, which was filed with the United States Securities and
Exchange Commission. Readers of this press release are referred to
such filings.

--30--CER/se*

CONTACT: Mforma
David Bluhm, 206/849-9400
[email-masked]
or
Kimberly Tassin, 206/654-1001
[email-masked]

KEYWORD: TRACK WASHINGTON CALIFORNIA INTERNATIONAL EUROPE
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENTERTAINMENT MOTION PICTURES NETWORKING
SOFTWARE TELECOMMUNICATIONS MARKETING AGREEMENTS PRODUCT
SOURCE: Mforma

©2002