Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Introduces Second Generation Bluetooth Wireless Headset

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:27:11 -0500

LIBERTYVILLE, Ill., Dec. 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today unveiled its second generation Bluetooth(TM)
Wireless Headset at the Bluetooth Developers Conference 2002.  The enhanced
Bluetooth Wireless Headset retains the ease of use and stylish look of the
original Bluetooth Wireless Headset by Motorola while making improvements in
performance and interoperability.
    The new Bluetooth Wireless Headset by Motorola offers longer talk and
standby time and seamless communication with an increased number of compatible
devices.  The headset now stores pairing information for and can securely
interact wirelessly with up to eight different Bluetooth-enabled devices from
a variety of manufacturers, including handsets, PDAs and computers within a
10-meter range.  After unfolding the microphone boom and placing the headset
over the ear, the headset automatically links to the user's compatible
Bluetooth product without the user ever touching the device.  The headset is
smaller than 5 cm in diameter, weighs less than 28 grams and now features an
increased talk time of up to 4 hours with up to 70 hours of standby time.
    "Motorola continues to answer consumers' wireless technology needs with
products that incorporate the latest technology and innovative styling at the
right price," said Steve Deutscher, director of product marketing for
entertainment and connectivity solutions for Motorola's Personal
Communications Sector.  "The new second generation Motorola Bluetooth Wireless
Headset by Motorola provides consumers with hands-free capabilities and makes
mobile communication easier than ever."
    Motorola will also showcase its Bluetooth Car Kit, a winner of a 2002 CES
Innovations Award, which combines high-quality audio performance and voice
recognition with Bluetooth wireless technology.  At the start of the engine,
the installed Car Kit automatically connects securely to the user's
Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone regardless of the phone's location in the car,
and allows the user to operate features such as mute, voice recognition with
100 voice tags, and volume adjustment directly from the in-dash control panel.
Additionally, the Car Kit provides echo reduction and noise suppression
features to provide users the benefit of robust audio quality.
    The Bluetooth Headset by Motorola is expected to be available in the first
quarter of 2003 at an MSRP of $149.99 on Motorola's Web site at
http://www.motorola.com/shop/btheadset.
    Motorola will showcase these products at the Bluetooth Developer's
Conference, Dec. 10-12, 2002, in San Jose at booth 416.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/