Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Israeli network installs spectrum management tool

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:06:46 -0500

Posted to the site on 20-Dec-02

Israeli network installs spectrum management tool

ECI Telecom has said that Israel-based cellular operator Pelephone has deployed its Enavis
T::DAX, All-Band bandwidth management system, to maximize the efficiency and reduce the
costs of providing its customers reliable connectivity for 3G wireless services.

"We are committed to meeting the increasing demands for efficient and reliable 2G and 3G
wireless services," said Doron Kurtz, vice president Engineering & Technology of
Pelephone. "It is our goal to ensure that the transition to the new 1X network continues
to seamlessly provide high-quality cellular connectivity. Based on our successful
experience with T::DAX for over 3 years, and T::DAX's ability to support the provisioning
of new 3G services, we once again chose additional T::DAX systems to enable us to meet our
goals, while reducing operational expenses," Kurtz said.

Frequent changes in cellular network traffic patterns are easily translated to the
transmission infrastructure by a "point and click" user interface. Moreover, T::DAX's
internal narrowband cross-connection has made it a major capital and operating expense
saver for MSC set-ups, as it eliminates the need for narrowband cross-connects, external
multiplexers and test equipment.

"Pelephone, like many of the world's leading cellular carriers, manages its MSCs with
Enavis' T::DAX," said Ruben Markus, Executive Vice President, ECI Telecom. "As 3G networks
are being implemented, wireless carriers realize they still need to maintain the existing
2G infrastructure and share resources between the networks. T::DAX helps them to
cost-effectively manage their networks while keeping operating expenses low," added
Markus.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/