Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Subject: Nextel/900 "Plan"

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 20:23:11 -0500

Laura,

I have already started recieving questions regarding the "Supplement" filing. Since you
are one of the authors I am going to direct these questions to you.

----- Original Message -----
From: XXX@XXXXXXX
To: "Marcel" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2002 5:34 PM
Subject: Nextel/900 "Plan"

Marcel,

I'm confused!    From how I'm reading the consensus plan... it looks like Nextel will need
"ALL" of their 900 licenses for extra
capacity until Phase 2 is completed.  After phase 2 they will return them to the
commission within 6 months.

1.  What is the date of Phase 2 ?  ( 2 years ?  5 years ?  ).
2.  Shouldn't same rule should apply to them?   The FCC should release  "their "
replacement spectrum at the end of phase 2 as
well.  However... that's not  how it reads.  Nextel states that their spectrum be
effective at the adoption of the Report and Order .
3.  What's to stop Nextel from filing a waiver asking to keep the 900 two or three years
from now.  What if a merger should occur
within that time frame ?  Has anyone ever been able to get an accurate count of how many
B/ILT channels Nextel owns throughout
the country?  Will they be using them as trade?
4.  What about interference to the existing  "Auctioned"  900MHz winners,   who have
successfully met their 5 year construction
deadlines?  It looks like the same long drawn out interference headaches Nextel created
for operators in 800 is about to happen all
over again in 900.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/