Subject: [mobile-ip] Sorry about the wrong subject, I used an existing mail to reply :-)

From: Krishna Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:14:37 -0800

<EARLIER MAIL>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,

I was wondering about the usefulness vs the complexity of implementing the
following ordering in DHAAD reply in section 10.5.1 :

"Among home agents with equal preference, their IP addresses in the Home
Agent Addresses field SHOULD be listed in an order randomized with respect
to other home agents with equal preference, each time a Home Agent Address
Discovery Reply message is returned by this home agent."

Is there any implementations today that do this. If this were an issue, it
could be handled at the sysadm level by providing Home Agent Information in
the router advertisement rather than making the implementations more
complex.

Any comments ?

Thanks.

- KK

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:33:21 +0200

> the router advertisement rather than making the implementations more

I think the idea is to provide load balancing by giving different
answers every time. I'm not sure there is any other way of doing
this, though it is of course debatable whether the HA or the MN
should do it.

Jari