Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [Motorola] Nextel

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:19:09 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: tvsjr <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Motorola] Nextel

Of course they're looking at the 902-928 band. How many ham users do you 
see there? 26MHz worth of bandwidth, more than is available in all of the 
800MHz region, and the chance at getting their hands on all of it? They'd 
be foolish not to fight for it.

Unfortunately, the FCC will have to consider use - how many ham rigs do you 
know that operate on 900MHz natively? How many 900 ham repeaters are active 
in your city? Bandwidth is a *very* expensive market, and we hams have a 
huge chunk of it that isn't used to potential. 2 meters is actually 
utilized, and the reason we haven't lost tons of the 70cm band is because 
of the military users. In not-too-long a time, I can see hams losing all 
the niche bands (220, 900, 1.2, 2.4 and up, etc.). HF isn't really an 
issue, but VHF/UHF certainly is.

Terry

At 12:31 AM 12/23/2002 -0600, Brad Ornes KA0SQO wrote:
 >Watch out guys Nextel IS looking at the 902-928 ham bands for primary 
use. This
 >piece of information I got from a former Nextel technician and I would 
consider
 >it valid.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/