Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CDMA Americas Begins Tomorrow- (AKA "Timmy the One Trick Pony Show")

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:14:20 -0500

CDMA Americas Begins Tomorrow- (AKA "Timmy the One Trick Pony Show")
http://www.cdma-americas.com/
<Snip>
"Technology vendors are racing to supply cellular network operators with push-to-talk
capabilities that will enable them to go after business-oriented Users that currently use
the iDEN networks of Nextel, the only national  provider of push-to-talk service right
now. Ericsson, for example, is conducting  a trial of the technology with AT&T Wireless in
the Dallas suburb of Plano, Texas."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Insiders at Nextel Executive level said  "Timmy is Concerned about the PTT progress by
CDMA operators", as you can see the  by the list of exhibitors the $100 Million Nextel /
Qualcom PTT CDMA deal (ala- Bumbling Barry West) has done little to slow development of
PTT for CDMA operators. The Nextel stock monetary recovery won't last long.......
http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=story&doc_id=108643&verticalid=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=

Search Wireless Week

Entire Site
Articles
Web-Exclusive
Archives
Companies
Products
Directories
Events

Archive Map

Tips

|  Archives  |  Events  |  Directories  |  Discussions  |  news@2direct®  |  Subscribe  |

You Are Here > Home
> Business and Finance >

Issues

Newsletter

news@2direct® Archive

Topics

Applications
Business and Finance
Global Regions
Industry Trends
Regulatory
Technology
Wireless Internet

Tools / Services

Archives

Capitol Hill Contacts

Directories

Events

Glossary

Industry Research

Industry Stocks

In-Stat Store

International Data

Product/Web Showcase

Show Dailies

Webcasts

Wireless 101

Web Directories

Associations
Carriers
Education
Government
Publishing
Research/Consultants
Vendors

Inside Wireless

Advertise - Web

Editorial Calendar

Print Subscription

Reprint Requests

Privacy Policy

Direct Marketing Lists

Business and Finance

Print

E-mail

Subscribe

CDMA Americas Begins Tomorrow

By Wireless Week Staff
December 2, 2002
news@2 direct

The timing couldn't be better for the CDMA Development
group, which this week holds its annual CDMA Americas Congress in San Diego in
the wake of a wave of feel-good news about the wireless industry (see previous
related story).

The event taking place tomorrow through Thursday at the San Diego Convention
Center will feature scores of exhibits, panels as usual, featuring such
competitively charged issues as the purported benefits to TDMA-based service
providers from migrating to the CDMA platform, instead of rival GSM/GPRS.

Participants already are jockeying for attention. In one pre-show
announcement today,
Sony Online Entertainment said it had ported a wireless
version of its popular Everquest online video game for use on handsets using
Qualcomm's BREW programming platform. 'Everquest: Hero's Call' for CDMA handsets
will be a scaled down version of the Everquest game that during peak periods may
have 100,000 players participating from around the world.
Another early
announcement comes from Airvana and Winphoria Networks, which say they will be
demonstrating 'push-to-talk' applications that use CDMA2000 1xEV-DO networks and
are interoperable with 1XRTT networks.

Technology vendors are racing to supply cellular network operators with
push-to-talk capabilities that will enable them to go after business-oriented
users that currently use the iDEN networks of Nextel, the only national provider
of push-to-talk service right now. Ericsson, for example, is conducting a trial
of the technology with AT&T Wireless in the Dallas suburb of Plano,
Texas.

Print

E-mail

Subscribe

<script language="JavaScript1.1" SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/ww.rbi/;abr=!ie;type=wirelessweekbanner;pos=2;lay=story;verid=34;sz=468x60;ord=37592562822535680?">
</script>
<noscript>
<a href="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/ww.rbi/;abr=!ie;type=wirelessweekbanner;pos=2;lay=story;verid=34;sz=468x60;ord=37592562822535680?">
<img src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/ww.rbi/;abr=!ie;type=wirelessweekbanner;pos=2;lay=story;verid=34;sz=468x60;ord=37592562822535680?" border=0 width="468" height="60"></A></noscript>

Welcome

Register / Log in
here for e-letters and other features.

<script language="JavaScript1.1" SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/ww.rbi/;abr=!ie;type=wirelessweekbutton;pos=1;lay=story;verid=34;sz=125x125;ord=3759256538268928?">
</script>
<noscript>
<a href="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/ww.rbi/;abr=!ie;type=wirelessweekbutton;pos=1;lay=story;verid=34;sz=125x125;ord=3759256538268928?">
<img src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/ww.rbi/;abr=!ie;type=wirelessweekbutton;pos=1;lay=story;verid=34;sz=125x125;ord=3759256538268928?" border=0 width="125" height="125"></A></noscript>

Related Articles

Carriers Try To Hook Customers Online

4Q: Carriers Keep On Spending

Briefs

Stock Watch

Edit

Ticker

Last

Change

QCOM

42.66

1.44

TDS

55.98

1.18

RCN

10.57

1.01

NOK

20.08

0.87

VOD

19.40

0.65

LTBG

7.52

0.49

BCGI

14.03

0.46

MOT

11.70

0.46

USM

29.95

0.45

PCS

6.20

0.44

NASDAQ

1,482.60

3.82

DJIA

8,817.04

-79.05

S&P 500

933.12

-3.19

Industry Stocks

Data delayed at least 20 min.

Get Quote/Company Info

Ticker    Find symbol

Related Events

ProMat 2003

More >>

Wireless Home

About Us

Advertise

FAQs

Contact Us

Register/Log In

© 2002 Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Use of this Web site is subject to its Terms and Conditions of Use
Privacy Policy