Subject: [NEXTEL-1] more questions

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:25:13 -0500

Laura,

Here are some addition questions that you may be able to answer. The writer asked that I
keep their identify confidential.  I can tell you that the person is an  "Affected Party".

-------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: more questions
     To: "Marcel" <[email-masked]>

  Does the FCC know that the spectrum there about to hand over to Nextel so
"expeditiously"  as requested... is really needed to fund the this whole plan ?

Sound like a creative and well thought out plan by Nextel to get a government loan (bail
out)  via the commission. Too bad the airlines couldn't figure out a deal like that.

Another concern is the lag time in which the money will actually be funded to compensate
these transitions.

It appears Nextel will have use of that money for quite a while before actually having to
deliver.   So...after 10 months go by then negotiations start....what's the time frame on
that.  From past history with Nextel....they spent many years "negotiating" relocations.
Most were done with local operators who moved rather quickly.  That might not happen so
fast when it comes to private corporations and public safety.  Meanwhile Nextel enjoys the
use $$ of the FCC spectrum.   Interesting.....

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/