Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [Fwd: RIM introduces new Blackberry Wireless Handheld for Nextel]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:30:16 -0500

Wireless Career.... Director Core Technology, Seattle, WA.
[Image]                            [WirelessIT & Internet 2002]

   Wireless Developer Network Daily News

   December 03, 2002

                                  Today's WDN Features

    [Image]Highly Customizable User Interface - Customization of the User Interface
           on a Symbian OS phone is one of the strengths of Symbian’s business
   model. However the User Interfaces available so far are largely static, 3G LAB
   have recognized the opportunity for a dynamic interface that allows the user or
   network operator to change the UI theme at will. Read on in this week's Symbian
   Devzone feature from Richard Bloor.

   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                    Today's WDN News

   CYBIRD and Lucasfilm Ltd. Form Business Alliance - Exclusive Rights to STAR WARS
   Series Content on Mobile Handsets in Japan

   NetNearU Announces Innovative Software Product to Dramatically Increase Wi-Fi
   Hotspot Revenue - Company's history developing kiosk applications provides a
   compelling solution to Wi-Fi operators

   OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE ROLLS OUT SYMBOL RUGGED MOBILE COMPUTERS FOR
   NEXT-GENERATION DELIVERY SYSTEM - More than 1,700 Old Dominion Freight Line
   drivers are being equipped with Symbol PDT 7500 rugged handheld computers

   RIM introduces new Blackberry Wireless Handheld for Nextel - Java-Based
   BlackBerry 6510 Features Wireless Email, Phone, Walkie-Talkie, Web And Organizer
   Applications

   Pumatech Joins Open Mobile Alliance - Membership Underscores Pumatech's
   Commitment to Fostering Industry-Wide Interoperability of Mobile & Wireless
   Technologies

   Summus Recognized by QUALCOMM as Select BREW Developer - The BREW Alliance
   Program provides support to developers throughout wireless application
   development

   Pinpoint Networks Receives Funding from Intel Capital - Intel Capital Investment
   Brings Pinpoint's Total Venture Funding To $20 Million

   Extended Systems' SyncML SDK Compliant with New SyncML Standard - Company Returns
   From SyncFest 9 With v1.1.1 Certification

   Symbian First to Provide Native Support for ARMv6 Architecture - Symbian today
   announced Symbian's native support for the ARMv6 architecture in Symbian OS

                             Where do you think the greatest
                               potential MMS revenues lie?
                           Ring tones
                           Photos
                           Games
                           Adult Entertainment

                                      View results

                    Put your News in front of 1,000's of Developers!

     WIRELESS EVENT SPOTLIGHT!

     [Image]Mobile Application Developer Forum A global series: developer tracks
            from leading companies in the wireless field - A unique event for
     developers and team leaders to gain information on design philosophies for the
     Mobile Internet. This course is essential if you are embarking on wireless
     projects to create successful revenue generating Mobile applications and
     services. Make sense of the design, device and implementation issues crucial
     to developing services in this exciting new industry. 9th December 2002, Le
     Meridian Piccadilly, London

     Future 3G Wireless Systems - This workshop provides the foundation for
     understanding CDMA/TDMA-based 3G wireless systems
     11-12 December 2002, Novotel Century Hotel, Kuala Lumpur

          Interested in Getting Exposure for your Wireless event? - The
          WirelessDevnet has numerous options to help marketing and event
          co-ordinators get added exposure for their wireless events. Check
          out our options.

   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   WDN FEATURED TRADEPUB

    [Image]Computer Graphics World - Computer Graphics World is the premiere
           authority on innovative graphics technology and applications. We help
   computer graphics professionals understand and use the latest 3D modeling and
   computer graphics technologies to do their jobs more efficiently. Real-world user
   stories, feature articles, and product focuses cover the latest trends in
   visualization, special effects, digital video, film, and interactive
   entertainment. View All Trade Pubs

   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   SUGGESTED READING

    [Image]Electronic Gaming Monthly - Electronic Gaming Monthly focuses on new
           electronic games for console video game units, including the Nintendo,
   Super NES, Sega Genesis, Sega 32x, Sony Play Station, and portable game systems
   such as the Nintendo GameBoy, Sega Game Gear. EGM also features regular columns
   on the latest game releases as well as special sections devoted to movies,
   records and other subjects of interest to the male youth market. (Review supplied
   by Amazon) -- UK Readers Click Here to order

   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   WDN FEATURES

      * PKI Security Solutions for the Symbian OS
      * PAN-EUROPEAN MOBILE PAYMENT TRIAL COULD IT KICK-START M-COMMERCE?
      * WHERE'S THE REVENUE IN LBS?
      * SYMBIAN DEVELOPER PROFILE - BITWEEN
      * ULTRALITE & THE SYMBIAN OS
      * >> More WDN Features Here

   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
               WDN Software & Links... make sure your's gets listed here!

      WML Editors | WAP Emulators and Browsers | Palm Development Tools | Must Have
                           Palm Utilities | Windows CE Games

                                 Post your Resume Here!
                                   WDN E911 RESOURCES
   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Add WirelessDevNet.com Daily News To Your Handheld!

                              [WirelessIT & Internet 2002]

            Wireless Developer Network - A ThinkBurst Media Trade Community

              Copyright © 2002 ThinkBurst Media Corp. All Rights Reserved

               To unsubscribe or switch to a text newsletter, please visit
                         http://www.wirelessdevnet.com/unsub/.

         Please note that you are currently subscribed with the email address of
                                 [email-masked]