Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] RFC3012bis-04 Available

From: "Jayshree Bharatia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:44:12 -0600

Hello Yoshi,

The verification and related processing at AAA is outside the scope of
RFC3012bis. The current version of RFC3012bis (04) has a description in
section 3.2 regarding how verification errors received from the AAA are
treated at the foreign agent.

Regards,
Jayshree

-----Original Message-----
From: Yoshiyuki Tsuda [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 4:46 AM
To: Bharatia, Jayshree [RICH1:2H13:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] RFC3012bis-04 Available

Hi Jayshree,

 Just one question:
 If an AAA find an authentication error in MN-AAA
 authentication extension, what error code will the AAA
 return to an MN ?

 I've just found the above error code is missing; a
 guideline to allocate error codes from the AAA seems to
 be missing, I'm afraid.  Or, am I missing any other RFCs ?

 Someone suggested me to use 131 (mobile node failed
 authentication).  I think it's a good idea to use it
 instead now...

Thanks in advance.
-Yoshi

at Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:09:32 -0600, Jayshree Bharatia wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>New version of RFC3012bis (version 04) is now available at
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-rfc3012bis-04.txt.
>
>Thanks,
>Jayshree

---

From: Yoshiyuki Tsuda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 07:17:12 +0900

Hi Jayshree and all,

 Thank you for your qualification.
 Ah, it's outside the scope of rfs3012bis ?!!!
 I understand authentication issues by AAA should be treated
 by AAA(diameter).  But, personally I'd thought rfc3012 was
 the best place to define error codes related to MN-AAA
 authentication extension, because MN's developers won't
 read Diameter's I-Ds without a pointer, and because right
 now such an error code is missing in Diameter's I-Ds, I'm
 afraid.
 Have great holidays!

Thanks.
-Yoshi