Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Marconi Partners With ComOpt to Provide Complete Wireless Planning and Automatic Optimization Solution

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 15:54:44 -0500

Marconi Partners With ComOpt to Provide Complete Wireless Planning and Automatic
Optimization Solution

    Integration of Industry-leading Software Will Enhance Performance and
                 Operational Efficiency of Wireless Networks

    DALLAS, and HELSINGBORG, Sweden, Dec. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Marconi (MONI)
and ComOpt AB (not public) announced today the signing of a worldwide reseller
agreement. Under the terms of the agreement, Marconi's wireless business unit
will be the exclusive network planning software and services vendor to market
ComOpt's innovative Automatic Cell Planning (ACP) CellOpt(R) software.
Additionally, ComOpt will integrate its optimization software products with
Marconi's industry-leading wireless network planning portfolio of products,
including Planet(R) and deciBel Planner(R). The combined solution will provide
mobile service providers with the most comprehensive and powerful network
planning and optimization tools available today.
    "As the recognized leader in RF planning software, Marconi is a natural
fit for our best-in-class optimization capabilities," said Joachim Samuelsson,
managing director, ComOpt. "Marconi's global network planning customer base
and sales and support teams strongly complement our market success in
optimizing wireless networks around the world. Together, we can offer bundled
solutions that will dramatically improve operational performance for wireless
service providers and help them realize a much better return on their capital
investment."

    About the Solution
    Marconi's wireless network planning software solutions offer cellular/PCS
capabilities and application-specific modules for GSM/GPRS, cdma2000, UMTS and
fixed wireless networks. Fully integrated with industry-leading mapping
capabilities, Marconi's RF planning products also interface with spatially
enabled databases to facilitate the sharing of network performance information
across an organization. ComOpt's CellOpt(R) ACP allows RF engineers to
optimize power, tilt, azimuth, antenna model, height and site location for
GSM/GPRS, TDMA, IDEN and CDMA networks. CellOpt(R) AFP generates
implementation-ready plans for GSM/GPRS, TDMA and IDEN networks with fully
configurable design objectives, optimizes frequencies, and provides
interactive support for daily maintenance. Under the agreement, CellOpt(R) AFP
will also be distributed by Marconi.
    The combined solution will allow wireless carriers to accurately model,
simulate, analyze and test network designs based on both voice and data
traffic requirements. This helps service providers ensure that their wireless
networks are designed with enough capacity and scalability to support voice
and data services.
    "Strategic partnerships with industry leaders such as ComOpt reflect our
strong commitment to our customers," said Chip Wagner, executive vice
president of Marconi's wireless business unit. "Our objective is to provide
the most comprehensive RF planning and optimization solutions available,
empowering wireless operators to make the best technical decisions and exceed
their network and business performance targets. The combination of ComOpt and
Marconi network planning and optimization tools clearly provide the most
compelling solution and value in the market today."

    About ComOpt
    ComOpt(R) is the world leader in automatic optimization applications for
wireless operators. The software applications on which the company's notable
success is built are called CellOpt(R). They allow wireless operators to
optimize the performance of their radio networks automatically, enabling the
best return on investment in radio spectrum, network infrastructure and human
resources.  CellOpt allows cell planners to do automatically what previously
they could only do manually, by trial and error.
    ComOpt first became known for CellOpt AFP, the breakthrough innovation in
the area of Automatic Frequency Planning. It has now also developed CellOpt
MDA - Measured Data Analysis - to exploit the use of measured data, and
CellOpt ACP - Automatic Cell Planning - to automatically optimise base station
parameters in 2G, 2.5G and 3G networks. CellOpt applications are used in more
than 100 wireless markets in over 30 countries.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/