Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Alaska Native Wireless Announces Withdrawal of Applications for NextWave Spectrum Licenses

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 14:07:01 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FE20021205020000030.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

Alaska Native Wireless Announces Withdrawal of Applications for NextWave Spectrum Licenses

ANCHORAGE, Alaska, Dec 04, 2002 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Alaska Native Wireless, L.L.C., a joint venture controlled by three Alaska Native Corporations -- Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, Sealaska Corporation, and Doyon, Limited -- and which includes AT&T Wireless, announced that it has filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to withdraw its applications for 29 licenses for which it was the winning bidder in Auction No. 35. The withdrawn applications cover licenses subject to the long-running litigation between the FCC and an entity known as NextWave.

Source:

PR Newswire

Date:

12/05/2002 13:46

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Very Short (297 words)

Document ID:

FE20021205020000030

Subject(s):

PRN; Acquisition; Alaska; Arctic; CEO; Communications; Congress; Joint Venture; Licenses; Market; President; Wireless

Document Type:

Press releases

Alaska Native Wireless Announces Withdrawal of Applications for NextWave Spectrum Licenses

Story Filed: Thursday, December 05, 2002 1:46 PM EST

ANCHORAGE, Alaska, Dec 04, 2002 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Alaska Native
Wireless, L.L.C., a joint venture controlled by three Alaska Native Corporations

-- Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, Sealaska Corporation, and Doyon, Limited
-- and which includes AT&T Wireless, announced that it has filed with the

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to withdraw its applications for 29
licenses for which it was the winning bidder in Auction No. 35. The withdrawn
applications cover licenses subject to the long-running litigation between the
FCC and an entity known as NextWave.

"This consortium represents over 40,000 Alaska Native shareholders, and our
participation in the FCC auction and acquisition of several licenses has served
us well as an introduction to this new business area," said Jacob Adams,
President and Chief Executive Officer of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation.

Chris McNeil, President and Chief Executive Officer of Sealaska Corporation,
noted: "We are extremely pleased with the assistance provided by Alaska's
Senator Ted Stevens in developing these programs." Orie Williams, President and
Chief Executive Officer of Doyon, Limited, said, "Alaska Natives have been
consistently recognized by Congress as a uniquely disadvantaged group, and the
chance to work with a quality industry partner like AT&T Wireless, and to
develop a presence in this industry, is very important for our shareholders."

Today's announcement comes one month after the FCC announced that, due to
lengthy delays and changes of market conditions, it would allow winning auction
bidders to withdraw their applications for licenses affected by the NextWave
litigation.

MAKE YOUR OPINION COUNT - Click Here
http://tbutton.prnewswire.com/prn/11690X75651258

SOURCE Alaska Native Wireless, L.L.C.

CONTACT: Conrad Bagne, Chief Administrative Officer of Arctic Slope
Regional Corporation, +1-907-339-6012, or [email-masked]

URL:
http://www.prnewswire.com

Copyright (C) 2002 PR Newswire. All rights reserved.

KEYWORD: Alaska

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TLS

Copyright © 2002, PR Newswire, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.