Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Mass failure of Australian network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 03:16:59 -0400

Mass failure of Australian network

Thousands of subscribers to the Australian cellular network, Telstra suffered
crossed lines and access to the wrong voicemail servers following a major software
failure on the network yesterday. The problems with the network started at 9am and
were repaired at 5.15pm (local time) when the entire network was rebooted.

A spokesman, Michael Patterson, told the Sydney Morning Herald said Telstra still
did not know what had caused the failure. "We're continuing to investigate," he
said. There was no evidence to suggest the failure was related to the storm damage
that caused havoc on its fixed-phone network on Sunday night, he said. "But we're
not ruling it out."
Telstra says this is the first time such a failure had occurred on its network.

Posted to the site on 02-Sep-03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/