Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Radio Technician Training

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:51:00 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Barry Matson" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Radio Technician Training

Radio technical professionals everywhere,
 
I have been asked to write a discussion paper for the ACA (Australia's
FCC) on a training strategy for radio technicians.
 
In this country formal training courses for civilians who want to work
as technical people in the radio communications industry (other than
university degree qualified engineers) have almost disappeared in recent
years as young people migrate towards the computer industry. Most people
currently in radio technician jobs here are baby boomers in their
fifties, like me, who won't be in the work force much longer.
 
We are trying to define the training packages, course requirements,
skill sets, practical experience and proprietary courses requirements
for technicians of all levels from assistant tradesmen to diploma level
senior techs.  The trainees may eventually work in mobile radio comms,
broadcasting, policing, aviation etc after some specific on-the-job
training in those areas. The ACA wants them for radio inspectors, but is
aiming to lead a national strategy on this.
 
I would be grateful for any advice on how this issue is being approached
in the other English speaking countries (yes! including USA)
 
Barry Matson  (retired ACA spectrum planner)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/