Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Industry Players Complete Joint Specification For 3GPP IMS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:48:26 -0400

Europe   Industry Players Complete Joint Specification For 3GPP IMS

The Siemens Information and Communication Mobile Group (Siemens mobile), Ericsson,
Motorola and Nokia announced the completion of a jointly developed Push to talk
over Cellular (PoC) specification based on the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) as
defined by 3GPP. This specification is intended to reduce marketplace
fragmentation and provide end users with an easy-to-use push to talk experience
wherever they may travel in the world. It was completed to meet a tremendous
market interest in push to talk and IMS. The PoC specification leverages existing
3GPP, OMA, and IETF specifications making the service easy to integrate in
operators' existing access and packet core network infrastructures.  The PoC
specification is a bundle of six specifications including, requirements,
architecture, signaling flows, group/list management, and two user-plane
specifications (Transport and GPRS). Source: Siemens (Edited Press Release).  See
www.wirelessNOW.com for additional details.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/