Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Do-Not-Call List blocked; FTC lacked authority; FCCproper agency to manage]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:55:50 -0400

"Demonstratively bought-off FCC"

I like that! 

-------- Original Message --------
From: blitz <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE:  Do-Not-Call List blocked;  FTC lacked authority; FCCproper agency to
manage

Oh that's so touchie-feelie, I think I'm goning to barf...

SO, not only are these operations criminal, intrusive, and corrupt, they 
abuse the disabled as well? Good reason to shut them ALL down and send 
their owners to prison as far as I'm concerned.
Handing this problem to the demonstratively bought-off FCC is not the 
answer. Its obvious the FCC would stretch their greasy palms out and the 
telemarketers would cross those palms with pictures of dead presidents. Or 
more likely, HUGE campaign contributions to the party in power, and the 
lackeys who pull Powell's strings, like Markey and Tauzen.

In fact, the game looks like this, NEVER miss a chance to extort bribes, A 
chance like this only comes along infrequently. Everyone who looks like 
they're getting "out in front" on this, will have their hands out, and the 
bill, "after compromise" will be watered down, with a sunset provision, so 
more bribes can be solicited in the future. The telemarketers get what they 
want, and the politicians get their bribes. Simple...welcome to Amerika.

At 11:44 9/25/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>All: Here's a thought the next time you are frustrated beyond belief 
>because of a telemarketer...
>
>I actually got to see the inside of one of these places in Salt Lake City 
>a while back.  Most of the callers I saw were disabled.  This represents a 
>job for them; and a way for them to be at least partially financially 
>independent.  Without it, they're back on welfare, with all the societal 
>downsides that that contains (including higher taxes for the rest of us, 
>and a loss of self-respect for them).
>
>This is NOT to say that I don't get very frustrated with the calls.  What 
>it IS to say is that this situation, like most situations, isn't as simple 
>as it seems, unfortunately.
>
>Dave Maples

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/