Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Missing woman found dead- Perp Closer Than Police Think

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 01:08:31 -0400

"Jose Arias, Leonor Esquivel's boyfriend, said he called every number stored on
"Alie's" Nextel phone, checked text messages"

Why Did He Have the Vic's Phone?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Missing woman found dead-
Perp Closer Than Police Think

BY JIM MASTERS
Times Correspondent

EAST CHICAGO -- An 18-year-old East Chicago girl was found dead late Tuesday
night, two days after her family said she disappeared from their Ivy Street home.
Yazmin "Alie" Esquivel was found about 9:30 p.m. by some children in a field at
129th Street and Dicky Road in Whiting, said Lake County Coroner David Pastrick.

She had an open wound to her head created by either a gunshot or knife, said
Pastrick, who ruled the death a homicide.
Esquivel's family was notified late Tuesday night, hours after they had discussed
their concern about the whereabouts of the college freshman, who vanished from her
house at 4802 Ivy St. on Sunday afternoon. There were no signs of forced entry
into the house.

Her mother, Leonor Esquivel, couldn't believe her daughter would ever leave home
and not call for two days. During her disappearance, she didn't answer her cell
phone; her purse still was on the chair in the family's living room.
Leonor Esquivel said earlier Tuesday the thought of her daughter being abducted
and murdered had crossed her mind.
A girlfriend of Esquivel's was supposed to pick her up about 7 p.m. Sunday for a
night out. When Esquivel's girlfriend phoned to see if she was ready, her brother,
Cesar, said she wasn't there when he returned home. No one else had been home from
about 6 to 7 p.m.

Leonor Esquivel reported her daughter missing to East Chicago police at 1:15 p.m.
Monday. She also had contacted the media for help in locating her daughter. With
Esquivel's new books stacked neatly on the dresser in her room, the 2003 East
Chicago Central High School graduate was preparing for the first day of classes at
Indiana University Northwest in Gary. Shedding tears Tuesday afternoon, Leonor
Esquivel said she only wanted her daughter safely back home, and couldn't imagine
anyone wanting to hurt her.

Jose Arias, Leonor Esquivel's boyfriend, said he called every number stored on
"Alie's" Nextel phone, checked text messages and contacted everyone on last
month's phone bill. Her last call was made at 6:47 p.m. to a teenage boy who was
supposed to go out with the two girls, Arias said.

Police have no motive or suspects in the homicide.

http://www.thetimesonline.com/articles/2003/09/03/news/top_news/ff69aa7c09bf64a686256d960017f5c2.txt

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/