Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Wireless Company Launches

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:28:21 -0400

New Wireless Company Launches

Kineto Wireless Inc. of Milpitas, Calif., opened for business on Monday after
securing $24 million in financing. The company manufacturers a wireless product
that delivers land-line quality voice and data services at land-line prices.

================================================================================

12:49 PM PDT Monday

New wireless products maker opens for business

Kineto Wireless Inc., of Milpitas, a maker of a product which it says will enable
wireless phone carriers to deliver landline-quality voice and data services at
landline costs, formally launched on Monday, noting that it has secured $24
million in financing.

In a related development, the company says John O'Connell, a 20-year
telecommunications veteran, has been named its president and CEO. The financing
was led by 3i, Sutter Hill Ventures and Venrock Associates. Mitsui & Co. Venture
Partners, SeaPoint Ventures and Storm Ventures also participated. Kineto says it
will use the money for continued product development, accelerating marketing
efforts and expanding global operations.

The average cellular phone subscriber now uses a mobile phone for nearly 20
percent of all home calling, Kineto says. Studies also indicate that indoor mobile
usage will accelerate when mobile quality and pricing are more comparable to that
of landline service, it says, something the company says its products address.
"With the addition of these funds, we are well positioned to continue our
innovation and leadership position in the mobile over wireless LAN technology
market," says Mr. O'Connell.

http://sanjose.bizjournals.com/sanjose/stories/2003/09/08/daily10.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/