Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel BS team is on the road

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 05:15:35 -0400

Two Way Radio Directory Web Log
A web log edited by Rik Rasmussen of TwoWayRadioDirectory.com. This web log
(blog) will log my comments, tips, interesting web sites concerning Two Way
Radio and other wireless technologies and industires.

Friday, September 12, 2003
At that Wilmington meeting I spoke with folks from communities that have
been approached by a team from Nextel. The pitch was to turn over your radio
system to us and we will convert you to iDEN.

I reserved some time at the end of the session I was doing on Public Safety
Trunking to discuss why Nextel is not suitable for Public Safety and urged
these folks to have their city management seek other opinions.

// posted by Rik @ 4:59 AM

This week I went to Wilmington, NC for a two day meeting. Once we got east
of Raleigh, the Verizon Wireless Air Card became useless. It will not roam,
so when you leave Verizon's coverage area it is dead.

I hoped the Hilton would have wireless LAN hot spot service, but instead
they offered web tv for $10.95 per day.

// posted by Rik @ 4:56 AM
==========================================
Henrik "Rik" Rasmussen
Editor: Two Way Radio Directory:
The Two Way Radio Directory has links to hundreds of industry related web
pages.
The Directory Bookstore has a great selection of radio books at good
discounts.
Visit now at http://twowayradiodirectory.com/