Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New BenQ Smartphone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:07:07 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Sept2003/5876.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

New
BenQ Smartphone OMAP

25th
September 2003

US
: New BenQ Smartphone Will Include a Texas Instruments OMAP™ Processor
and GSM/GPRS Wireless Technology for Superior Application Performance
and High-Speed Connectivity

OMAP™
application processors and TCS wireless GSM/GPRS technology from Texas
Instruments Incorporated (TI) [NYSE:TXN] will power the P30 –
the first smartphone from BenQ Corp., a leading digital lifestyle devices
company. The handset will run the Symbian operating system (OS) and
is slated for release in the fourth quarter of 2003.

“The
new P30 offers consumers a broad range of new and exciting features,
such as video, web browsing and graphics intensive applications, all
in a stylish form factor,” said Irwin Chen, vice president of
BenQ, Networking & Communications Business Group. “The TI
OMAP processor, along with TI’s TCS wireless chipset technologies,
play an integral part in the deployment of the new smartphone. We are
very pleased with the results of our strong cooperation.”

TI’s
power efficient OMAP1510 processor provides mobile users with enhanced
applications performance, enabling the BenQ P30 to deliver a variety
of high-performance applications, such as video, still camera, MP3 player
and games to consumers without compromising battery life. Furthermore,
the OMAP1510 processor supplies BenQ’s smartphone with the processing
muscle needed to power the device’s high-level OS and extensive
multimedia features, including:

•
65K color TFT display

• Integrated camera with VGA resolution and 26 VIT color depth

• MP3 audio and MPEG 4 video playback and recorder

BenQ’s
P30 handset also includes GSM/GPRS digital and analog basebands from
TI’s TCS2100 chipset. TI’s high performance TBB2100 dual-core
digital baseband leverages an innovative power split technique to provide
manufacturers like BenQ with unmatched standby time and power-off consumption,
while TI’s highly integrated TWL3014 analog baseband integrates
power management functions for reduced board-space requirements, chip
count and development cost.

“TI
wireless technology is empowering people to connect, communicate and
exchange information on devices such as the P30,” said Tom Kuo,
general manager of Semiconductor Sales & Marketing, TI Taiwan. “Our
highly integrated, high-performance, power-efficient solutions enable
companies like BenQ to quickly build devices with the features and functionalities
their customers demand.”

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Majority
Of European 3G Operators Deploy Actix

Actix
announced that the majority of the wireless operators across Europe to have
launched pre-commercial or commercial UMTS 3G Networks...

China
Will Benefit From Timely 3G Licensing

The
UMTS Forum urged China's national administrations to give clear messages
to the mobile industry by progressing its 3G licensing process.

New
BenQ Smartphone OMAP

New
BenQ Smartphone Will Include a Texas Instruments OMAP™ Processor and
GSM/GPRS Wireless Technology

Motorola
i.MX21 Applications Processor

Hantro’s
4350 hardware video codec enables simultaneous encode and decode CIF resolution
video at up to 30 frames per second on Motorola’s i.MX21 applications
processor.

3
Magic Multimedia Phones

The
Panasonic G60, the LG VX6000 and the Motorola E365 are the latest multimedia
handsets that form part of the magic4 enabled portfolio of products

GPRS
Phone For Middle East

LG
has created a buzz in the mobile phone industry after developing a device
that especially caters ...

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.