Subject: RE:RE: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Prepares for Hurricane Isabel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:27:26 -0400

Isn't this the same preparation plan we saw during the ice storm this year which resulted in several days of no service here in NC?

More like the Preparation H plan.

Rik Rasmussen

Original Message:
-----------------
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:31:16 -0500
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Prepares for Hurricane Isabel

Boy what a crock of poop...anybody can say this.but if they don't have
the resources at the sites doesn't matter.  How are you going to add
backup power capability to sites when you have 200 or more down...this
is nonsense and some of the biggest bullshit press releases I've ever
seen.  Next you'll see Timmy running for governor of California.

Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI, Retired
Administrator http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org
K2/100 S#3075
Politics is the art of appearing candid and completely open, while
concealing as much as possible.   -States: The Bene Gesserit View

Wireless customers, whether
individuals, businesses or public
safety organizations, rely on Nextel
to meet their communication needs
during emergencies. With Nextel
Nationwide Direct Connect(TM) plus
Satellite Cellsites on Wheels
(SatCOWs) and Cellsites on Wheels
(COWs), Nextel has the unique
ability to respond to unpredictable
emergencies, both natural and
manmade, faster and more
effectively.

Nextel's ERT plays a big part in
meeting customers' emergency
needs. ERT coordinates and
manages the company's resources
to meet the needs of Public Safety organizations and personnel. In the
threat or
event
of an emergency, ERT provides communications capabilities and technical
expertise
to
city, state and federal emergency workers, as well as utilities and
other
necessary
infrastructure organizations.

 Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> . 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://mail2web.com/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy quality ink cartridges & refill kit. Remanufactured & Refills for:
HP $8-20, Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15. FREE shipping over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6347
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lB7L3D/k5uGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Smith, William E. (US-BKTN-Telecom)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:29:59 -0400

But they have FIFTY Generators in the warehouse they can bring to each
site in less than a couple of hours!!! They told me so!
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Gregg Lengling [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 2:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Prepares for Hurricane Isabel

Boy what a crock of poop.....anybody can say this...but if they don't
have the resources at the sites doesn't matter.  How are you going to
add backup power capability to sites when you have 200 or more
down.....this is nonsense and some of the biggest bullshit press
releases I've ever seen.  Next you'll see Timmy running for governor of
California.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the National Grid USA Enterprise Support Center on 508-389-3375 or 315-428-6360.