Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Interoperable Disaster Communication System Debuts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 22:18:29 -0400

New Interoperable Disaster Communication System Debuts

First Interoperable Communication System Debuts at 
Mock Disaster Drills this Weekend.

Moundsville, WV, September 4 - NetworkAnatomy, the California-based designer and
manufacturer of interoperable and integrated field communication systems, has been
chosen by the National Corrections and law Enforcement Training and Technology
Center (NCLETTC) as their  technology provider and significant participant in the
area of field commanding communications for Mock Disaster 2003 (MD2003), scheduled
to take place September 5-7.

Mock Disaster 2003 is a three-day event staged to provide comprehensive
educational and operational training for emergency services providers in planning
for, evaluating, responding to and mitigating large-scale disasters. 
 
Six real life disaster scenarios will be staged throughout the weekend to give
first responders from around the world an opportunity to use and test their
disaster and situation response techniques and technologies. The goal for 
participants is to become better prepared to handle mass casualty incidents in
their response areas with the least loss of life or property.

For NetworkAnatomy, this will be another high-demand showcase for the 
company's ground force communication systems.  "The debut of our 
CommanderSeries systems marks a significant change in the way field 
communications will be handled by homeland security, public safety 
organizations, border patrol, and even the military from this point forward," 
said Doug Linman, CEO.  "The fact that our introduction of lightweight, self 
contained, communications coincides with the second anniversary of the 9/11 
terrorist attacks is no coincidence."  He continued, "The world witnessed first-
hand the complications arising out of the total loss of communications at 
Ground Zero in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks. We made promises to the 
ground forces that we would find a way of assuring that communications 
would not be lost again. Within days of those tragic events, we began 
developing what has become the most advanced, comprehensive, wearable 
and transportable, self-contained multi-level mode voice and data system. In 
addition, the internal features include global weather applications, GPS, 
navigation mapping, e-mail, video conferencing and on-line incident 
management communications for field use anywhere on the planet."

 "From earthquakes or other natural disasters to critical situations such as the 
recent power outages throughout our eastern U.S. cities and just a few days 
ago in England, crisis situations requiring assured and rapidly deployable 
communications occur all over the world. We hope to advance a significant 
solution to the lack of interoperability and interagency communications. Our 
systems were designed for professional public safety responders, border 
patrol, law enforcement agents and the military to be used anywhere around 
the globe on land, sea or in the air, at a moments notice," said Linman.  

NetworkAnatomy builds communication systems that help secure and save 
lives. They are headquartered in the Northern California town of Pleasanton.  
Additional information about the company and its products can be found on 
their Web site at: www.networkanatomy.com  

Additional information is available online:
http://www.corporatenews.net/cgi-bin/pc200v3.php?pccl=24431

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/