Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon to launch EV-DO in D.C., San Diego

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 01:28:37 -0400

Verizon to launch EV-DO in D.C., San Diego
By Tina Eichner
September 29 12:41:00, 2003

Verizon Wireless has introduced BroadbandAccess, a broadband wireless data service
powered by its third-generation
wide-area 1X EV-DO network. The service will launch Oct. 1 in Washington, D.C. and
San Diego.

The company said, working with virtual private network connections, its data
customers in both cities can use
BroadbandAccess as an extension of their corporate local area network or intranet,
allowing them to work from any location
within the coverage area as if they were sitting at their desks.

The new service is part of Verizon Wireless’ VZOffice suite of wireless products
and services for business.

The Lucent-supplied network in Washington D.C. will provide customers with data
services at speeds of 300-500 kilobits per
second with an upper limit of two megabits per second.

In November 2002, Verizon and Lucent completed a successful trial of 1X EV-DO with
more than 200 enterprise customers
and consumers in the Washington, D.C., area, which the companies said paved the
way for this launch.

Nortel Networks supplied the core and access equipment for the San Diego network
and conducted a trial last year with the
carrier in that city.

The launches mark some of the first EV-DO services in the United States. Several
South Korean operators offer EV-DO
services in that country.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15256

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/