Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Intuicom Selected To Provide Wireless Network To Stanford University

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:41:12 -0400

Intuicom Selected To Provide Wireless Network To Stanford University

BOULDER, CO.
Sept. 3, 2003

Intuicom, Inc.™ a leader in private wireless networks for data-critical
applications announced today that they have been selected to provide the wireless
communications infrastructure for an Advanced Transportation Management System for
Stanford University. This is the first implementation of Intelligent
Transportation Systems (ITS) equipment at Stanford and will provide an
architecture on which future capabilities can be added. 

Intuicom was selected by Avail Technologies, Inc. of State College, PA who is the Consultant,
Project Manager and Systems Integrator for the Stanford project. Avail will
oversee the project including the deployment of the integrated wireless
communications systems that will provide increased efficiencies to monitor the
status and location of the fixed route bus fleet known as the Marguerite Shuttle.
The Marguerite Shuttle operates 62,000 hours of passenger service and covers
approximately 550,000 miles annually. 

Phase one components include: Computer Assisted Dispatching/Automatic Vehicle
Location (CAD/AVL), Mobile Data Communications, Mobile Data Computer, Automatic
Passenger Counting and Internet Information Display. Data to and from the vehicles
will be communicated in real-time via Intuicom's wireless network to provide
Dispatchers and Supervisors operational status of all the vehicles and trip
status, passenger counts, and AVL location reports. The ability to add on
technology in the future was a key factor for Intuicom selection. Future functions
the University is considering are next-stop annunciations, wayside passenger
information signs, and kiosks.

According to Dave Mencin, CTO of Intuicom, "We are very pleased to have Intuicom's
communication solution chosen for the Stanford project. We are proud to be part of
the leadership role Stanford is taking with ITS at the University level". 

About Intuicom, Inc. Intuicom provides wireless data networks designed to satisfy
the most demanding requirements for remote or mobile device networking. Offering
an alternative to cellular, WiFi, landlines, and VHF, Intuicom provides
unsurpassed performance and flexibility for advanced serial and serial to IP
networks and applications. Founded in 1999, with headquarters in Boulder,
Colorado, Intuicom solutions enhance transportation, automation, tracking and
precision monitoring applications. Find out more at www.intuicom.com

http://www.intuicom.com
http://www.availtec.com/home.php
http://www.intuicom.com/www/company/press/stanford_09.02.03.htm
http://transportation.stanford.edu/marguerite/MargueriteShuttle.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/