Subject: [NEXTEL-1] A battle over a teen's cell phone privileges ends up in court

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:45:54 -0400

A battle over a teen's cell phone privileges ends up in court
 Posted: 09/15/2003 – 09:30:39

(Gloucester Township, New Jersey-AP) -- A New Jersey mother and father weren't
able to connect on cell phone privileges for their daughter -- so they took it to
court.
The 13-year-old girl lives with her mother, but visits her father each week.
Her father, Frank Mellace, prohibited her from using the cell phone because she
was getting so many calls.

Mellace told the judge he was trying to protect his daughter after learning she
had described herself on the Internet as "single, sexy and sweet" -- and told
people to call her.

The girl's mother says her daughter carries the phone for safety reasons.
The judge reinstated the girl's phone privileges -- but told her she was not
allowed to use it during dinnertime.  Mellace is appealing.

http://www.abc15.com/news/morenews/index.asp?did=3890

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/