Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola in Broward Celebrates the Company's 75th Anniversary

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:06:17 -0400

Motorola in Broward Celebrates the Company's 75th Anniversary

September 24, 2003 10:00am

Local Festivities Highlight Heritage of Innovation and Future of 
Corporation 

PLANTATION, Fla., Sept. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola in 
Broward will celebrate the company's 75th anniversary with a 
ceremony tomorrow at its Plantation facility for company employees, 
retirees, and federal and local government officials. In honor of 
this milestone, the Broward County Board of Commissioners has 
declared September 25, 2003 "Motorola Day" in Broward County.

"Motorola in Broward is proud to be a part of the worldwide 
celebration of our company's 75th anniversary," said Rey More, 
senior vice president and general manager of Motorola's iDEN® 
Subscriber Group, based in Plantation. "Motorola has a long and rich 
history of innovation that we hope to continue for the next 75 years 
and beyond."

Motorola's Plantation facility was established in 1971 at the 
intersection of University Drive and West Sunrise Boulevard. Since 
then, the facility has expanded from a state-of-the-art 
manufacturing facility to one of Motorola's four Global Research and 
Development Centers of Excellence in the world. With more than 3,000 
employees in Plantation, Sunrise and Fort Lauderdale, it is one of 
the largest employers in Broward County.

The site develops, manufactures, and distributes Motorola iDEN 
handsets, which combine the capabilities of a mobile phone, long-
range walkie-talkie, two-way pager, and Internet microbrowser. 
Motorola in Plantation is a global research and development center 
for the company's Commercial, Government and Industrial Solutions 
Sector, whose two-way radios are relied upon by police, fire and 
other public safety agencies around the world.

Media are invited to attend the ceremony, which begins at 11:00 am. 
To reserve your place, please contact Lea Faso, Public Relations 
Manager, at 954-723-6333. 

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030924/cgw001_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/