Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Cellular Design Services Launches In-Building Coverage Planner

From: "Madden, Roger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:54:10 -0400

Mebbe the CTO, who said "...no reliable planning tools for the
in-building environment have previously been produced..." never heard of
Wireless Valley?

Roger
____________

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 5:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cellular Design Services Launches In-Building
Coverage Planner

Cellular Design Services Launches In-Building Coverage Planner

Cellular Design Services (CDS) unveiled its new software tailored to
ensure that
in-building systems meet coverage requirements while deployment costs
are
minimized. The software, known as IBiSA, provides precise forecasts of
coverage
characteristics of a proposed in-building system. IBiSA enables the
designer to
effectively minimize the system cost involved in attaining the required
levels of
coverage and capacity.

========================================================================
==========

In-building coverage planner launched

Cellular Design Services (CDS) has launched IBiSA, a unique software
tool for
ensuring that in-building systems meet
coverage requirements while minimising the cost of deployment. IBiSA is
applicable
to a wide range of wireless
technologies, including 2G, 3G, TETRA and Wireless LAN. It provides
rapid and very
accurate prediction of the coverage
characteristics of a proposed in-building system, enabling the designer
to
minimise the system cost involved in reaching
the required levels of coverage and capacity.

IBiSA builds on two elements developed uniquely at CDS. Firstly, CDS'
experience
of over 250 in-building projects,
including the world's busiest airport and the UK's tallest building.
Secondly, a
patented technology developed by CDS
and known as Measurement-based Prediction, MbP, which takes simple site
surveys
and predicts radio wave propagation characteristics throughout a
building, even
for antenna locations which were not initially tested.

Professor Simon Saunders, CDS' Chief Technical Officer, said, "The
complexity of
the in-building environment has meant
that no reliable planning tools for the in-building environment have
previously
been produced. The cost of in-building
systems has been greater than necessary, as system design has relied
entirely on
the experience and intuition of the
design engineer. This has limited the growth of in-building systems, and
has meant
that in-building users have had to put
up with incidental coverage provided almost entirely by outdoor cells.
We have
learnt the lessons of the in-building
environment over the last five years, and can now provide access to this
experience via the MbP technology used within
IBiSA. Typically, we find that coverage can be provided with 25% less
antennas
than the conventional approach."

Posted to the site on 09-Sep-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9680.shtml

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/