Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Product/Program Manager- Permanent- Colorado

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:54:36 -0400

----- Original Message --------
   From: "Jennifer Siemens" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Product/Program Manager- Permanent- Colorado
         "

  Product/Program Manager
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Job Description
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Hands-on engineering and management of products and programs for the development
and delivery of advanced GPS, Navigation, and Signal Processing products.

Maintain the architectural integrity of existing product as new features are
added. Provide design decisions on the proper ways to enhance/extend the current
architecture to support new or near-term customer requirements and features.
Direct the hardware and software development lifecycle of projects, including
requirements generation, design, implementation, testing, and integration.
Assimilate knowledge and understand a broad range of current and new technology
issues/trends surrounding evolving GPS system requirements to factor these issues
into product evolution decisions.

This position calls for interaction and negotiation with existing and potential
new customers, managers of research and development, R&D team members, potential
vendors and suppliers, and military committees in order to communicate
architectural direction and decisions.

Excellent customer and organizational, communication, coordination, and
documentation skills are essential. Project scheduling & budgeting expertise
necessary. The potential candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced,
deadline-driven environment, while positively team building and providing
effective leadership.

Requirements

Extensive project and U.S. Government program management experience.
Excellent analysis and documentation skills.
Minimum of 5-10 years directly related experience with systems design and/or
software development for GPS applications.
Familiarity with inertial navigation systems, phased array antennas, or signal
processing would be a plus.
Experience with project planning software, such as Microsoft® Project and Access.
Several positions require U.S. citizenship and DoD security clearance.
The ability to laugh and enjoy challenge is a necessity!
Qualifications

B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, CIS, or a related technical program.