Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Little Chip in the Big Apple!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:34:51 -0400

Little Chip in the Big Apple!

New York City's first subdermal RFID VeriChip
 "chipping'' procedure performed yesterday at
 lower Manhattan Authorized VeriChip Center

Journalist researching a story about RFID
 technologies undergoes brief outpatient procedure
 at the office of Dr. Christopher Mills and Dr. Vincent Scarpinato

PALM BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)
Sept. 25, 2003

Applied Digital Solutions, Inc.an advanced technology development company,
today announced that New York City's first subdermal VeriChip(TM) "chipping"
procedure was performed yesterday (September 24, 2003) at the Company's
lower Manhattan Authorized VeriChip Center.
A journalist at a technology-related trade publication decided to Get
Chipped(TM) in researching an upcoming article regarding RFID (radio
frequency identification) technologies, including VeriChip. The lower
Manhattan Authorized VeriChip Center is located in the office of Dr.
Christopher Mills and Dr. Vincent Scarpinato, 88 University Place, New York
City (Tel: 646-486-0871).

The brief outpatient "chipping" procedure lasts just a few minutes and
involves only local anesthetic followed by quick, painless insertion of the
VeriChip. About the size of a grain of rice, the subdermal RFID VeriChip can
be used in a variety of security, financial, emergency identification and
other applications. The standard location of the microchip is in the triceps
area between the elbow and the shoulder of the right arm. Once inserted just
under the skin, the VeriChip is inconspicuous to the naked eye.

About VeriChip(TM)

VeriChip is a subdermal, radio frequency identification (RFID) device that
can be used in a variety of security, financial, emergency identification
and other applications. About the size of a grain of rice, each VeriChip
product contains a unique verification number that is captured by briefly
passing a proprietary scanner over the VeriChip. A small amount of radio
frequency energy passes from the scanner energizing the dormant VeriChip,
which then emits a radio frequency signal transmitting the verification
number. In October 2002, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ruled
that VeriChip is not a regulated device with regard to its security,
financial, personal identification/safety applications but that VeriChip's
healthcare information applications are regulated by the FDA. VeriChip
Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Applied Digital Solutions.

About Applied Digital Solutions, Inc.

Applied Digital Solutions is an advanced technology development company that
focuses on a range of life-enhancing, personal safeguard technologies, early
warning alert systems, miniaturized power sources and security monitoring
systems combined with the comprehensive data management services required to
support them. Through its Advanced Technology Group, the Company specializes
in security-related data collection, value-added data intelligence and
complex data delivery systems for a wide variety of end users including
commercial operations, government agencies and consumers. Applied Digital
Solutions owns a majority position in Digital Angel Corporation. For more
information, visit the Company's website at www.adsx.com.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&newsId=20030925005320&headlineSearchConfigBO=1064505600000%201064521849000%20%20groupByDate%20%201%20-4%201064505600000%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%201000151%20true%20true%20&newsLang=en&beanID=478837757&viewID=news_view

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/