Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Network Performance Report--Norfolk, Virginia-- Hurricane Isabel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:20:12 -0400

(Update Added Header)
Nextel Network Performance Report-
Date Reported: 9/24/2003
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Reported By: Thurston, Jason / Norfolk Fire-Rescue
Problem: Hurricane Isabel

Documenting Nextel's Network Performance. 
http://members.fortunecity.com/marcelrf/

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Thurston, Jason" 
Subject: Nextel performance during Hurricane Isabel

We lost all connectivity with Nextel during the height of the storm and were
without service at our tactical operations center for over 24 hours. We use Nextel
for administrative use to keep the load off of our 800 MHz trunked system. Other
wireless carriers in use by personnel in our ops center (Verizon, Alltel, Suncom)
did not fail at all. I cannot speak for Sprint PCS or nTelos as none of the
personnel in our center had their service.

Jason Thurston
Norfolk Fire-Rescue
Norfolk, Virginia

Documenting Nextel's Network Performance. 

http://members.fortunecity.com/marcelrf/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/