Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Type 3G FOMA Terminal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:22:12 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Sept2003/5835.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
ReplayTV: CNet Ranked #1 over Tivo!
Instant Replay & Pause live TV.
Special Sale: 50% off!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UUMW7B/.5qGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

New
Type 3G FOMA Terminal

15th
September 2003

ASIA
: NTT DoCoMo announced that on September 13, 2003 the company will begin
marketing the FOMA F2402, the first data-card type terminal capable of
high-speed packet transmission in both the uplink and downlink at a maximum
rate of 384 kbps.

A
unique feature of the F2402 is that it makes possible video calling from
a PC to a FOMA videophone, or to an ISDN-connected fixed videophone terminal.
To enable this function, the PC user must preinstall videophone software*,
be using a web camera enabled PC, and be wearing an earphone-mike headset.
For simple voice calling from a PC, the accessory earphone-mike headset
optionally available from DoCoMo will suffice.

Furthermore,
specific locations can be remotely monitored by placing a web camera enabled
PC, with the F2402 inserted, at an appropriate vantage point for image
transmission to a FOMA videophone.

The
F2402 supports multi-accessing, letting users simultaneously transmit
both voice and data.

Some
marketing conditions including sales channels and start date of selling,
may vary depending on the NTT DoCoMo regional subsidiary. Consumers residing
in the Kanto-Koshinetsu region** will be able to purchase the terminal
only via the Internet at http://www.foma-datacard.com (Japanese language
only).

This
website can be accessed starting from 10:00 on September 13, 2003. Also
in the Kanto-Koshinetsu region, a customer who already has a FOMA handset
subscription must retain the existing handset account in order to purchase
the F2402 terminal.

For
corporate customers, handsets will be sold directly through NTT DoCoMo
subsidiaries, DoCoMo's business divisions and DoCoMo Shops.

The
terminal including the videophone software will be open priced (not fixed).
The optional earphone-mike headsets are available for 2,100 yen at any
DoCoMo Shop.

*Codec
software provided through DoCoMo, and developed in collaboration with
Packet Video Corporation.

**Tokyo Metropolitan Area, and the prefectures of Kanagawa, Chiba, Ibaraki,
Tochigi, Saitama, Gunma, Niigata, Yamanashi, and Nagano.

Main
F2402 Specifications

Size

(height x width x thickness) 120.8mm x 54.0mm x 12.4mm

Weight 50g

OS 98, Windows98SE, WindowsMe, Windows2000 Professional, Windows XP Home
Edition, Windows XP Professional (Japanese version only)

Data transmission speed Packet communication: uplink and downlink at max.
384 kbps

64K data communication: uplink and downlink at 64 kbps

Videophone: uplink and downlink either at 32 or 64 kbps

Power DC 5.0V (supplied from PC card slot)

Power current During communication: approx. 700mA max.

Average: 500 mA

Standby: approx. 30mA

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

New
Type 3G FOMA Terminal

The
first data-card type terminal capable of high-speed packet transmission
in both the uplink and downlink at a maximum rate of 384 kbps.

EDGE
Single-chip Intel Processor

Intel
Corporation announced the industry's first single-chip processor for cellular
phones using Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution (EDGE) wireless networks.

Justifying
the Move to 3G

The fact that for many operators, the move to 3G is NOT an obvious one.

New
3 3G Prices

It is the high capacity on the 3G networks that enables our customers to
enjoy mobile video services but also low prices on voice communications,
says Chris Bannister

14
Mbps 3G ( 3.5G )

HSDPA,
also referred to "3.5G", is a packet-based mode for WCDMA Release
5 which increases data rates to up to 14Mbit/s

1900
MHz 3G Power Amp

This
RF power amplifier product is utilized in iBTS W-CDMA base station, which
is among the first commercial W-CDMA base stations in North America

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.