Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Powell ON DO NOT CALL LIST COURT DECISION

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:38:15 -0400

September 24, 2003

STATEMENT OF FCC
 CHAIRMAN MICHAEL POWELL
ON DO NOT CALL LIST COURT DECISION

Congress, the FCC and the FTC have all been in agreement about the need to give
consumers the opportunity to choose to prevent intrusions from unwanted
telemarketing telephone calls. The do-not-call list is an appropriate mechanism to
accomplish this task.  
 
Despite today's court decision, we will work closely with the FTC and Congress to
ensure that the do-not-call registry becomes a reality and American consumers can
control the calls that come into their homes.

- FCC -

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-239153A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/