Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Battle Brews Over Palestinian Airwaves

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:01:33 -0400

Battle Brews Over Palestinian Airwaves

The battle is on for control of Palestine's airwaves and negotiations will
be a part of the peace talks once they resume. Hutchison Whampoa
Ltd., Orange SA, and BellSouth Corp. all have entered the fray with
lawyers poised at the ready. The one Paletinian mobile carrier, Jawwal,
is getting ready to sue Orange Israel, owned in part by PalTel and
Hutchison Whampoa, claiming the carrier is illegally operating in
Palestinian-controlled areas. Jawwal filed suit against CellCom, owned
by BellSouth and Pelephone. The battle might turn ugly as Israeli
companies fight for new Palestinian customers. Israel has one of the
highest penetration rates in the world
------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
ReplayTV: CNet Ranked #1 over Tivo!
Instant Replay & Pause live TV.
Special Sale: 50% off!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UUMW7B/.5qGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/