Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Memo from NYCwireless Board: NYCwireless NOT named in TimeWarnersuit]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:39:09 -0400

Memorandum

To: Members of the NYCwireless Community
From: NYCwireless Board of Directors
Re: Time Warner Lawsuit Rumor (False)
Date: September 16, 2003

Recently, the board of Directors of NYCwireless has received several  
inquires regarding a rumored lawsuit against this organization by Time  
Warner Cable of New York. This rumor is entirely false.

New York Newsday reported on September 15, 2003 that Time Warner Cable  
of New York has filed a lawsuit for unlawful redistribution of cable  
services against iNYCwireless, Inc. This private  firm operates a  
subscriber-based in-building wireless network at London Terrace Towers  
in the Chelsea section of Manhattan. Details on the the lawsuit can be  
found at
http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzwifi0916,0,4349.story

NYCwireless, Corp. has no relationship, financial, legal or otherwise  
with iNYCwireless. In fact, NYCwireless is currently seeking to prevent  
what appears to be a very unethical private company from conducting  
business using this very similar and easily mistakable name, and  
unfairly profiting from the goodwill associated with NYCwireless.

NYCwireless, Corp. continues to advise members of the general public to  
comply with any and all redistribution restrictions on their broadband  
subscriptions when deploying open access wireless nodes. A list of ISPs  
that permit open wireless sharing of residential broadband connections  
can be found at the Electronic Frontier Foundation website.
http://www.eff.org/Infra/Wireless_cellular_radio/ 
wireless_friendly_isp_list.html

We hope that this memorandum will clarify any confusion regarding this  
news.

Sincerely,
NYCwireless Board of Directors

Jacob Farkas
Dustin Goodwin
Joe Plotkin
Terry Schmidt
Ben Serebin
Dana Spiegel
Anthony Townsend

###

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20. Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/