Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC TO HOLD OPEN COMMISSION MEETING

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:52:40 -0400

September 3, 2003 FCC TO HOLD OPEN COMMISSION MEETINGWEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10,
2003 The Federal Communications Commission will hold an Open Meeting on the
subjects listed below on Wednesday, September 10, 2003, which is scheduled to
commence at 9:30 a.m. in Room TW-C305, at 445 12th Street, S. W., Washington,
D.C. ITEM #    BUREAU     SUBJECT1 WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS TITLE:
Facilitating the Provision of Spectrum-Based Services to Rural Areas and Promoting
Opportunities for Rural Telephone Companies to Provide Spectrum-Based Services (WT
Docket No. 02-381); 2000 Biennial Regulatory Review Spectrum Aggregation Limits
for Commercial Mobile Radio Services (WT Docket No. 01-14); and Increasing
Flexibility to Promote Access to and the Efficient and Intensive Use of Spectrum
and the Widespread Deployment of Wireless Services, and to Facilitate Capital
Formation.
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to examine
ways of amending spectrum regulations and policies in order to promote the rapid
and efficient deployment of quality spectrum-based services in rural areas.  2
OFFICE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY TITLE:  Modification of Parts 2 and 15 of the
Commission’s Rules for unlicensed devices and equipment approval.
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking concerning
modifications to Parts 2 and 15 of the rules to provide flexibility in the design
and authorization of unlicensed devices.  3 INTERNATIONAL The International Bureau
will report on the first in a series of annual reports on the commercial satellite
industry.  4 WIRELESS TELE-COMMUNICATIONS The Wireless Telecommunications Bureau
and the National Coordination Committee (NCC) Chair will report on the Committee’s
recommendations for interoperable public safety use of the 700 MHz band.  5
WIRELINE COMPETITION TITLE:  Section 10(d) Limitation on Forbearance from Sections
251(c) and 271.SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed
Rulemaking seeking comment on the conditions under which Sections 251(c) and 271
of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, should be deemed to be “fully
implemented” under Section 10(d) of the Act.  6 WIRELINE COMPETITION TITLE:
Review of the Commission’s Rules Regarding the Pricing of Unbundled Network
Elements and the Resale of Service by Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers.SUMMARY:
The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to review the
Commission’s cost-based pricing rules for unbundled network elements.  7 MEDIA
TITLE:  Implementation of Section 304 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 (CS
Docket No. 97-80); Commercial Availability of Navigation Devices; and
Compatibility Between Cable Systems and Consumer Electronics Equipment (PP Docket
No. 00-67).SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Second Report and Order
regarding regulations to facilitate the connection of customer premises equipment
purchased from retail outlets to multichannel video programming distibutor
systems.
Additional information concerning this meeting may be obtained from Audrey Spivack
or David Fiske, Office of Media Relations, (202) 418-0500; TTY
1-888-835-5322. Audio/Video coverage of the meeting will be broadcast live over
the Internet from the FCC's Audio/Video Events web page at
http://www.fcc.gov/realaudio  For a fee this meeting can be viewed live over
George Mason University's Capitol Connection.  The Capitol Connection also will
carry the meeting live via the Internet.  To purchase these services call (703)
993-3100 or go to www.capitolconnection.gmu.edu.  Audio and video tapes of this
meeting can be purchased from CACI Productions, 341 Victory Drive, Herndon, VA
20170, (703) 834-1470, Ext. 19; Fax (703) 834-0111. Copies of materials adopted at
this meeting can be purchased from the FCC's duplicating contractor, Qualex
International (202) 863-2893; Fax (202) 863-2898; TTY (202) 863-2897. These copies
are available in paper format and alternative media, including large print/type;
digital disk; and audio tape.  Qualex International may be reached by e-mail at
[email-masked]. -FCC-http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238640A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/