Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Communications Wireless Billing Practices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:52:37 -0400

Nextel Communications Wireless Billing Practices

Introduction

On January 10, 2003, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP, with co-counsel,
filed suit on behalf of a proposed California class against Nextel Communications,
Inc. and Nextel of California (“Nextel”) alleging unfair, unlawful and deceptive
business practices, breach of contract and breach of the implied covenant of good
faith and fair dealing. The case, entitled Strugano, et al. v. Nextel
Communications, Inc., et al., was brought in Los Angeles Superior Court.

The lawsuit alleges that Nextel offered Plaintiff and Class members service
agreements on certain terms, then unilaterally and without adequate notice,
changed the terms of such contracts to the detriment of Plaintiff and Class
members.

Plaintiff's Allegations

Plaintiff Galit Strugano, a Nextel wireless customer, alleges that Nextel offered
her and similarly situated California consumers a billing plan that would round up
airtime calls to the next second, instead of the next minute. Subsequently,
Plaintiff alleges, Nextel unilaterally changed the terms of its service plan with
Plaintiff and class members by imposing a new service fee of $1.15 per month and
rounding calls up to the next minute, rather than the next second as promised.
Plaintiff alleges that Nextel imposed these changes without adequate or proper
notification to Plaintiff and class members. As a result, Plaintiff and class
members were subjected to additional fees and charges for which they never
bargained or consented, and which were imposed deceptively, unfairly, and
unlawfully.

Contact Lieff Cabraser

If you are a Nextel mobile communications customer in California and would like
more information about this litigation, please contact us.

http://www.lieffcabraser.com/nextelsuit_contact.htm

http://www.lieffcabraser.com/nextelsuit.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/