Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Total Access Launches GPS Fleet Tracking System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:36:05 -0400

Total Access Launches GPS Fleet Tracking System

Wireless operator Total Access Communication and U-CAT Medias launched WiseTrak, a
satellite-based vehicle monitoring and tracking system. The system monitors fleets
and notifies fleet managers via SMS when trucks speed, have an accident or deviate
from pre-set routes.

===============================================================================

CELLULAR CONTENT: GPS truck
tracking via SMS

Published on Sep 5, 2003

DTAC, U-CAT team up for satellite-based fleet
management

Truck drivers will have to behave themselves, knowing that an eye in the sky is
watching their every on-road move.
Total Access Communication (DTAC), the second-largest cell-phone operator, and
U-CAT Medias, a local multimedia solution house, yesterday unveiled their
satellite-based vehicle monitoring and tracking system called WiseTrak.

Siripong Pavaravadhana, president of U-CAT, which developed WiseTrak, said the
system used global positioning and cellular systems to detect and report on trucks
that are speeding, involved in an accident, or deviating from their pre-set
routes.
"When these kinds of things happen, the system will immediately send a short
message to fleet managers via DTAC's countrywide network to enable them to address
the situation on time," Siripong said.

Sunti Medhavikul, DTAC's post-paid unit director, said the short-message format
could be tailored to fit customer needs.
"As an example, for banks' armoured vans, the system can send a short message
every time the truck's door opens."
DTAC charges users Bt750 per vehicle per month for 300 short messages.

The U-CAT tie-up reflects DTAC's drive to penetrate the corporate market in search
of new revenue sources.
In February, DTAC teamed up with many leading IT partners to offer wireless
services, such as group short messages, to the enterprise segment. The
fleet-tracking mar- ket presents high potential considering the transport industry
has 1,000 firms with two million vehicles, U-CAT said.

"Over 50 operators have already approached us for the application," Sunti said,
adding that by next quarter DTAC expected to introduce a new corpo rate product
for the hotel market, while declining to say what it was. DTAC has 3,000 corporate
customers, and by the end of the year expects to have 4,000 contributing 10 per
cent of total revenue. Next year the segment is forecast to contribute 20 per
cent.

The firm has over 6 million users from all customer segments.
Sirivish Toomgum

THE NATION
http://http://203.150.224.53/page.news.php3?clid=8&id=20266&usrsess=1

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/