Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Hurricane Fabian...

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 07:15:33 -0400

For those who don't know, I'm a (very) amateur weather buff.  NC State has a
great meteorology department, so we see some pretty interesting weather
software out here.

Here's a site from WRAL in Raleigh that has an interesting Java-based
tracker:  http://www.wral.com/hurricanes/#

Click on "TRACK THE STORM!" and you can display Fabian...and then overlay
other historical storms to compare.

Overlay Fran 1996...follows the same track this storm does.  According to
the professional weatherguessers, Fabian was supposed to have already turned
north by now.  For those who don't remember (I'm sure Rik does), Fran
devastated about a third of North Carolina in '96, and came right through
Raleigh...

UPS and generators up at your sites?  Got your COW ready??  

Todd Ellis

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/