Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Request for Waiver of Part 15 from Vista Controls for Its Cupid UWB Surveillance System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:43:08 -0400

Before the
Federal Communications Commission
Washington, D.C. 20554

In the Matter of

Request for Waiver of Part 15 from Vista Controls for Its Cupid UWB Surveillance
System
ORDER GRANTING AN EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE REPLY COMMENTS

   Adopted:  September 25, 2003 Released:  September 26, 2003

By the Chief, Office of Engineering and Technology:

1.  On July 18, 2003, Vista Controls, a Curtiss-Wright Company, filed a request
for waiver of Sections 15.209, 15.511 and 15.521 of the Comission’s rules to
permit it to obtain authorization for, and to market, its ultra-wideband (“UWB”)
surveillance system know as QUPID.  This petition was placed on notice for public
comment on August 11, 2003, DA 03-2631.  Comments were due by September 10, 2003,
and replies were due by September 25, 2003.

2.  On September 24, 2003, Fish and Richardson, on behalf of Vista Controls,
requested an extension of the reply comment period until October 9, 2003.  Fish
and Richardson indicated that it had just been retained as Vista's counsel when
Vista's previous counsel encountered a conflict of interest in the proceeding.
Accordingly, it requested an additional 14 days to analyze the record and respond
to the various comments.

3.  Based on the circumstances cited by Fish and Richardson, we believe that a
short extension of the reply comment period will enable the concerned parties to
fully analyze and respond to the information submitted in the comments, and, thus,
develop a better record upon which we can make a fully-informed decision.
Accordingly, IT IS ORDERED, pursuant to the delegated authority contained in 47
C.F.R. §§ 0.31 and 0.241(a), that the time period for filing reply comments in the
above captioned proceeding IS EXTENDED to October 9, 2003.

      FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

      Ed Thomas, Chief
      Office of Engineering and Technology

 http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2955A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/