Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Plane Down, Pilot Uses Cell Phone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 03:45:41 -0400

Plane Down, Pilot Uses Cell Phone

When a single-engine plane went down near Monterey, Calif., the pilot used a
wireless phone to contact emergency officials, alerting them of the accident.
The plane, which suffered from mechanical failure, was reported by the mobile
phone user to be in hilly terrain west of a major highway. Authorities later found

the pilot.
=================================================================================
Posted on Tue, Sep. 02, 2003

Plane down near Novato, pilot uses cell
phone to call help
Associated Press

Novato - A light plane is down just outside Novato.

Marin County Sheriff's spokesman Doug Pittman says the pilot took
off from Gnoss Field in Novato in a single engine plane early this
morning.

Just a few moments later, the plane suffered an undetermined
mechanical failure and crashed.

The pilot used a cell phone to call someone who contacted
authorities. Deputies then phoned the man and talked to him as
rescuers tried reaching him on the ground.

Pittman said the plane is down in hilly terrain west of Highway 101
near the Rancho Olompali State Historic Park.

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/6673437.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/