Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Things That Go 'Beep' in the Night

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:12:31 -0400

------- Original Message --------
From: Patrick Forbes <[email-masked]>
Subject:Re: Things That Go 'Beep' in the Night

Talk permit beeps aren't anything next to this:
A number of years ago, I had the opportunity (sic) to experience the 
iDEN system in a Business/Service/Dispatch environment. Both Mobile and 
Handy.
To put it bluntly, I was not impressed. I saw box after box of product 
being returned. It appeared to be about 50% of sales. My personal 
experiences:
During a phone call, the earpiece would emit a deafening beeping to 
advise me of the arrival of an E-mail. Cool, eh. It may have been an 
hour or two en-route, but it had to let me know it exactly when it 
showed up in my Handy. The same thing would occur during a Two-Way 
communication if a V-mail would arrive.
The Two-Way communication would end (rather abruptly and without 
warning) when I would be leaving the coverage area of one Tower but be 
within sight of another. Or the Phone call would drop out of the blue 
for no apparent radio path reason.
As well there was the audio level differences between towers 
necessitating the constant  positioning of the thumb on the volume 
buttons to avoid the blast.
Anyone else have these type of experiences? Or am I just a wee bit too 
picky and expect miracles?

BTW, the Talk Permit beeps can be disabled in programming.

Patrick

On Friday, Sep 19, 2003, at 08:44, 
wrote:

> Speaking of beeps.. is anyone else really sick of hearing Nexthell talk
> permit beeps?  They sound repetitively in their latest ad campaign
> (radio and TV).  You hear them when you are out on the town.. eating in
> nice restaurants, etc etc.
>
> They are almost as, if not becoming more, obnoxious than cell/pcs 
> phones!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
ReplayTV: Control live television
Special Sale: 50% off ReplayTV
CNet Ranked #1 over Tivo!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aUMW7B/A6qGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/