Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Launches Inventive Brand Crusade

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:22:07 -0400

Nextel Launches Inventive Brand Crusade
Monday September 15, 7:00 am ET
Unconventional Advertising Media and Venues Leverage Bold
Messaging

DO-ers' Mindset Celebrated

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 15, 2003--After an avant-garde,
two-week advertising tease, Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL -
News) will now boldly launch its new brand with the action-driven persona that
represents the wireless leader and its get-it-done customers.

The Target: Unabashed Doers.
People who start, finish and
move

onto the next thing. People in a
constant state of action.

People for whom a wireless
phone isn't a fashion accessory -

but an action necessity. Don'ters:
read no further.

The Theme: In a word - "Done."
Others talk, we do. Nextel
provides

instant mobile technology tools for consumers and business

professionals that require real-time action. Nextel. Done.(TM)

The Color: Yellow -- the emblem of action, optimism and

accomplishment.

The Media: Revolutionary, Never-Been-Done-Before Media TV, print,

radio, web, direct mail and outdoor, too.

The Agencies: Creative - TBWA\Chiat\Day, New York. Media Strategy

and Placement - Mindshare.

The Creative: It's bold, feisty, direct. It's for Doers, not

Don'ters. It's for the "I am, Therefore I Do" crowd. It's

about getting it DONE.

The Ads: DO check them out

http://www.newstream.com/cgi-bin/display_reg_story.cgi?10589
(Registration required)

The Quotes: Said Nextel Senior Vice President of Marketing Mark

Schweitzer:

"Our customers put a premium in getting things done, it's in

their DNA."

"Nextel is the quintessential wireless performance brand that

reflects the ultimate multi-taskers."

"This get-to-the-point and get-things-done campaign mirrors

the personality of Nextel and our customers."

Editor's Note: Additional information about the advertising campaign is included
in the appendix below.

Appendix

Campaign Background

After a two-week advertising teaser campaign featuring yellow billboards with
the word "DO" Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News) launched
its bold new brand through a multi-media advertising campaign, with the
action-driven personality that represents the wireless leader and its get-it-done
customers.

Designed to represent the "can do" attitude of Nextel's current and prospective
customers, the new logo and campaign demonstrates how Nextel provides
instant mobile technology tools for groups that require real-time action. Nextel.
Done. The new tagline represents what Nextel's products and services help
customers do - get things done, while the yellow color represents action,
optimism and accomplishment.

"Other wireless companies peddle prices for talk time or voice minutes,
because that's all they have to talk about. Nextel is focused on bringing highly
differentiated technologically-superior voice and data services to people who
value instant communication, performance, and getting it done," said Mark
Schweitzer, Nextel senior vice president of marketing.

The new campaign will utilize various forms of media including television,
newspapers and magazines. The first spots will appear in the following
mediums:

TV: NFL, MLB, NHL, Network Primetime and Cable

Print: Fortune, Forbes, Information Week, Wireless Business &

Technology, Other Business and Vertical Publications

Newspaper: USA Today, WSJ, NY Times, Promotional Newspapers across

the country

To kick off this campaign, Nextel incorporated never before used advertising
that includes building wraps and interactive phone booths. The campaign will
also use Out-of-Home, wild postings and street level advertising in New York,
LA, Chicago, San Francisco/San Jose, Washington D.C., as well as direct mail
& interactive marketing activities.

This is the first campaign unveiled by Nextel since announcing its new
relationship with TBWA\Chiat\Day and Mindshare.

NOTE TO MEDIA: A VIDEO relating to this story will be available for journalists
to download beginning today at www.newstream.com and at
www.businesswire.com

Note: Photos available at URLs:

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7a

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7b

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7c

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7d

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7e

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7f

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7g

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7h

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7i

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7j

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.091503/bb7k

Contact:

Nextel Communications Inc.
Media:
Chris Grandis, 703-433-3625
or
Audrey Schaefer, APR, 240-876-1588
or
Investors:
Paul Blalock, 703-433-4300
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030915/155340_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:56:29 -0000

> Nextel Launches Inventive Brand Crusade

blah, blah, blah.

Isn't it Yellow the color of CAUTION?

Such as, use extreme CAUTION when dealing with this company.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:12:08 -0400

Yellow is the Color of Cowards!

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG