Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Fastchat(TM) Instant Communications Application Is Coming To Thousands of Mobil

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 07:01:27 -0400

Fastmobile's fastchat(TM) Instant Communications Application Is 
Coming To Thousands of Mobile Phone Retail Stores Nationwide 
9/15/03 

CHICAGO, Sep 15, 2003 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- 
Attention wireless consumers: Adding walkie-talkie and other instant 
voice messaging capabilities to your wireless phone just got easier, 
thanks to a new distribution agreement between fastmobile, the 
innovative provider of voice and data instant messaging software for 
wireless phones, and American Connections, LLC (ACL), the third 
largest independent wireless master retail agent in the United 
States. ACL sells services from many leading carriers, including 
AT&T Wireless, Cingular, Nextel, T-Mobile and prepaid Verizon 
Wireless. 

In just a few weeks fastchat will begin hitting ACL's more than 
1,100 points of presence in the country, where consumers will be 
able have fastmobile's fastchat instant communications application 
downloaded to their phones within minutes -- allowing them to 
instantly communicate with other wireless fastchat users or any of 
their friends at their PC. New wireless subscribers can also sign up 
for fastchat as they sign up for their wireless service plan. 

fastchat combines a revolutionary walkie-talkie style instant voice 
messaging feature with the latest multimedia messaging capabilities 
(including picture, video, e mail and text) into one easy-to-use 
application that allows subscribers to chat with friends across 
mobile carriers, handset models and also to PCs, all from virtually 
anywhere in the world. 

Unlike other push-to-talk technologies, fastchat allows carriers to 
increase average revenue per user (ARPU) by offering instant voice 
communications without requiring them to deploy any special 
infrastructure in their networks. Nor does fastchat require any 
handset customization, allowing it to be downloaded on the widest 
range of wireless phones. Using fastchat, subscribers can create a 
virtually unlimited 'buddy'list because fastchat enables 
communication with any other global fastchat wireless subscriber, no 
matter which device they carry or which wireless carrier they use. 

fastchat's easy-to-navigate user interface enables subscribers to 
easily move between various means of communications -- including 
text, pictures, video and voice. For instance, users can receive a 
picture from a friend and walkie-talkie back to them instantly. 

'Because fastchat works across networks and global boundaries, it 
delivers on a strong market need among some of our key customer 
segments: Namely, putting businesses, friends and families located 
across the world in close and easy contact with each other at a very 
competitive cost,'said Ken Engel, Executive Vice President at 
ACL. 'We look forward to working with fastmobile to deliver 
fastchat's unique capabilities to consumers.' 

ACL is the most recent member of fastmobile's Master Agent program, 
under which retailers receive a one-time commission for each 
fastchat sale plus a recurring monthly payment. As part of the 
Master Agent program, retailers also receive fastchat sales training 
and point of sale materials. They can also qualify for matching co-
op marketing funds and market development fund contributions from 
fastmobile. Companies interested in becoming a fastchat master agent 
can contact fastmobile at [email-masked]. 

'Our agreement with ACL makes it even easier for consumers to 
download fastchat and turn their mobile phone into the ultimate 
communications tool,' said Harry Eschel, fastmobile co-founder and 
vice president. 'Thanks to our Master Agent program, retailers can 
now very easily earn an additional commission when making a wireless 
sale -- and also collect recurring revenue each month based on 
fastchat usage.' 

fastchat subscription prices range from $2.50 to $3.95 per month for 
unlimited walkie-talkie usage and inbound text/picture/email/video 
messages. Customers can choose from plans that either offer a pay-as-
you-go option for outbound text/picture/email/video messages ($0.02 
to $0.03 per message sent) or that offer unlimited outbound 
text/picture/email/video messaging. The service can also be 
downloaded from the fastchat homepage, www.fastchat.com. 

About ACL 

American Connections LLC (ACL), a New York based company, operates 
in the wireless segment of the telecommunications industry. Since 
its inception as a single retail storefront in 1989, the company has 
grown to become a major player in the wireless industry in the 
United States. ACL is a National Master Agent for Nextel and a 
Master Agent for T-Mobile and AT&T Wireless Services in the 
Northeastern United States. The company has established a strong 
presence in the Retail, Wholesale and B2B distribution of wireless 
products and services. ACL offers a compelling portfolio of wireless 
products and services on a wholesale basis to its growing and 
successful network of Dealers. ACL's retail sales unit comprises a 
network of nonexclusive 'Wireless Choice'stores and Carrier Branded 
stores. ACL's sales and distribution expertise also extends to 
enterprise sales; ACL has a strong Corporate Sales Division with an 
impressive client roster which includes Prudential, Pfizer, Merck 
and Revlon. As a testament to its success, ACL has consistently won 
excellence awards from the various service providers it represents. 

About fastmobile: 

fastmobile has operations in the US, Europe and Asia delivering 
value added messaging services over GPRS and other 2.5G and 3G 
mobile networks. fastmobile's flagship service is fastchat(TM), 
which gives the latest off-the-shelf mobile phones the power of push-
to-talk instant voice communications. fastchat has virtually no 
boundaries -- it works seamlessly across 2.5G and 3G networks 
connecting subscribers nearly anywhere in the world. The company is 
backed by private investment and venture capital from US companies 
Leo Capital Holdings, BlueStar Ventures and Red Barn Investments. 
You may also visit fastmobile's Web Site at 
http://www.fastmobile.com. 

SOURCE fastmobile 

Jennifer Moore of Calysto Communications, +1-404-266-2060 ext. 18, 
or [email-masked], for fastmobile 

http://www.fastmobile.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:29:51 -0000

Who's doing the billing?  Doesn't this deal have to be inked with 
the carrier directly? 

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> can contact fastmobile at sales@f... 
> 
> or jmoore@c..., for fastmobile 
>