Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Conference Calls Freed From Wires

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:19:13 -0400

Conference Calls Freed From Wires

ClearOne's Max table-top conference phone is going wireless. Conference call users
will be able to move around untethered within a 150-foor wireless signal range.
Conversations are secured in the 2.4GHz spread spectrum. Though unlikely, ClearOne
said the signal could interrupt Wi-Fi connections.

===========================================================================================

The Max Takes Talk Wireless
By Anne Chen
September 8, 2003

ClearOne's Max table-top conference phone will allow you to move your conference
call down the hall—while the call is still in session. Hoping to beat the
ubiquitous Polycom at its own game, ClearOne has armed its $699 Max with a
150-foot wireless signal range. Phone conversations are secured by the 2.4GHz
digital spread spectrum.

I recently looked at the Max, which uses the 2.4GHz WDCT (Worldwide Digital
Communications Technology) standard. After untangling phone and power cords
running over and under the eWEEK Labs conference table, I set up the unit and
could place calls with crisp sound. I could also move the unit down an office
corridor with no deterioration in sound quality.
Most conference calls are littered with noise and echo cancellation. The Max
enables bidirectional conversation without the sputtering that occurs on most
speakerphones when more than one person, on two separate lines, is talking.

Although phone conversations are unlikely to be interrupted by other devices
running on the 2.4GHz spectrum, executives at ClearOne said it's possible that the
unit could interrupt Wi-Fi (802.11b) connections.

More information is available at www.clearone.com.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,4149,1264188,00.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/