Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Motorola Smartphone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 02:00:06 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Sept2003/5838.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

New
Motorola Smartphone

16th
September 2003

Europe
: Today Motorola and Microsoft Corp.announced an alliance to combine the
power of the desktop with the "always at hand" convenience of
the mobile phone, making life simpler, smarter and synchronized for mobile
professionals around the globe. Starting with today's introduction of
the new Motorola MPx200 mobile phone with Microsoft® Windows Mobile
(TM) software, the companies will collaborate on a series of Smartphone
and Pocket PC wireless devices designed to create a virtual "remote
control" for the Web-centric, work-centric, always-on-the-go mobile
professional. In addition, the alliance includes cooperation on joint
marketing and wireless developer programs.

The
Motorola MPx200 is expected to be available next month from Orange in
Europe and from other distributors throughout Europe and Hong Kong. AT&T
Wireless also is expected to make the phone available in the United States
in the fourth quarter of 2003.

Combining
the high-quality performance and personalization of a Motorola mobile
phone with the power of Windows Mobile software, the new Motorola devices
create an incredible platform for communications, robust multimedia, Web-browsing
and gaming functionality. The new Motorola MPx200 allows customers to
manage their personal information and synchronize their e-mail, calendar
and contacts with Microsoft Outlook® either via a PC connection or
via seamless over-the-air synchronization with Exchange Server.

With
an expandable memory card of up to one gigabyte, the Motorola MPx200 offers
virtually endless options for productivity and entertainment on the go.
Customers can browse the Web using Pocket Internet Explorer, download
and listen to digital music, and view video clips via Windows Media®
Player. In addition, customers can install applications and software on
their handset wirelessly or from a PC via USB connection.

The
Motorola MPx200 allows customers, operators and industry partners to benefit
from the innovation of more than 7 million Windows® developers who
can create new market opportunities and new initiatives for access to
people, applications and information in the wireless world.

"We're
committed to delivering solutions that help drive our customers' business
and that create compelling new ways for consumers to achieve their professional
and personal goals," said Tom Lynch, president of Motorola's Personal
Communications Sector. "The new Motorola MPx200 with Windows Mobile
software turbocharges our ability to deliver productivity-driven experiences.
It's a compelling complement to our existing software and applications
ecosystem for network operators, developers and consumers."

"We
consider this alliance with Motorola to be a tremendous milestone for
our Windows Mobile platform and a major win for customers, operators and
developers," said Pieter Knook, corporate vice president of mobile
and embedded devices at Microsoft. "With Motorola's high-quality
hardware design and Microsoft's software savvy, the Motorola MPx200 helps
connect customers with the information and people that matter most to
them, any time and anywhere."

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

1
Million 3G Subscribers

SK
Telecom successfully launched the world's first 3rd generation mobile service
based on CDMA 2000 1x EV-DO network ...

3G
World Congress Gears Up

Many
of the world's leading wireless executives will participate in this year's
event. Confirmed speakers include Tadashi Onodera, president, KDDI Corporation;
Dr. Irwin Jacobs,

3
Select Gemplus for 3G USIM

Gemplus
International announces its selection by Hutchison 3G Austria ("3"),
the first purely mobile multimedia provider

New
Motorola Smartphone

The
Motorola MPx200 is expected to be available next month from Orange in Europe
and from other distributors throughout Europe and Hong Kong.

Breakthrough
3G WCDMA Power Amp

kyworks
Solutions announced a pair of wideband code division multiple access (WCDMA)
power amplifier (PA) modules

Full
Deployment of Mobile Media Services

Emblaze
Ltd announced that it has been selected by Optimus, Portugal's fastest growing
mobile phone operator

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.