Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:59:44 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Wednesday, September 3, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) Toshiba Announces RF GaAs HBT Power Amplifier Optimized for 5GHz Wireless LAN
2) RF Micro Devices Begins Production Shipments for Handspring Smartphone Series
3) Microtune claims legal victory over Broadcom

---------------------------------------

1) Toshiba Announces RF GaAs HBT Power Amplifier Optimized for 5GHz Wireless LAN

Toshiba America Electronic Components announced that it has extended its line-up
of RF gallium arsenide (GaAs) hetero-junction bipolar transistor (HBT) microwave
monolithic integrated circuits (MMICs) to include a power amplifier specifically
developed for use in 5GHz wireless LAN (WLAN) applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/51483/793725

2) RF Micro Devices Begins Production Shipments for Handspring Smartphone Series

RF Micro Devices announced production shipments of the RF3140 PowerStar(TM) power
amplifier module for the next-generation Treo 600 Smartphone by Handspring, a
leading innovator in personal communications and handheld computing...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/51484/793725

3) Microtune claims legal victory over Broadcom

A federal judge has ordered a permanent injunction against Broadcom Corp.
regarding a bitter suit filed against the company by Microtune Inc. In its
permanent injunction, the court stopped the sale, importation, marketing, and
shipment in the United States of all Broadcom infringing radio-frequency (RF)
tuners and reference designs for the life of Microtune's Patent No. 5,737,035...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/51483/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) High Power Nardalert XT
2) BlueTree Accessories
3) CDMA Driver Amp/Upconverter
4) Cellular Terminal Conformance Services

---------------------------------------

1) High Power Nardalert XT

Narda's new Model A8864 is a Nardalert XT meant for tower climbers who use RF
Safety clothing as a means to protect from overexposures. The Nardalert XT is the
first monitor that can be used on the outside of RF safety suits, to warn the user
when they are approaching the limit of the suit. Downloadable product datasheet
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/51485/793725

2) BlueTree Accessories

Available products include: 
- Dual band wireless antennas for cellular & GPS modems
- Mounting hardware, power cables, serial and USB adapters...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/51486/793725

3) CDMA Driver Amp/Upconverter

The RF2642 is a silicon-based 3V 900MHz upconverter/power amp driver with bypass
mode designed for CDMA applications. Its driver amplifier features high and low
gain states. In the low gain state, the gain is adjustable, and the device draws
less current. Downloadable product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/51487/793725

4) Cellular Terminal Conformance Services

RFI offers a comprehensive range of development and conformance services for
cellular mobiles, chipsets and accessories. The technologies supported include GSM
900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, GPRS, Bluetooth and 3G...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/51488/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/