Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon Reacts To Lawsuit

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:35:28 -0400

Verizon Reacts To Lawsuit 

By Wireless Week Staff
September 25, 2003

Verizon Wireless today threw the next punch in the growing legal and rhetorical
battle over the push-to-talk walkie-talkie-like service.

"This suit is a diversion from the suit we filed in June" against Nextel
Communications' claims that it patented the term push to talk, says Verizon
Wireless spokesman Nancy Stark. "This is a move to protect their monopoly" on push
to talk.

Verizon has been increasingly aggressive in attacking Nextel's push-to-talk
services, as it rolls out its own. Monday, Nextel filed suit against Verizon
Wireless, alleging Verizon was releasing "false and misleading information that is
in their ad campaign for their walkie-talkie product," a Nextel spokeswoman said.

The suit, filed in the U.S. District Court in the southern district of New York,
seeks an injunction against the continued use of Verizon's advertising campaign,
as well as other damages.
 
http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=document&doc_id=126871&verticalid=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=&text=verizon+reacts+to+lawsuit

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/