Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola's wireless phones still succeeding

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 02:20:27 -0400

Posted on Mon, Sep. 08, 2003

Motorola's wireless phones still succeeding
BY PATRICK DANNER
[email-masked]

Competition and oversupply have been a double whammy on
Motorola's cellphone division as a whole, but the same can't be
said for the wireless phones made by its Plantation operation.

Motorola's Integrated Digital Enhanced Network (iDEN) Subscriber
Group -- the Plantation-based operation that has combined the
capabilities of two-way radios, Internet access, global-positioning
system and software applications with wireless phones -- has
more than withstood the industry difficulties, says Rey Moré, the
unit's new general manager.

The phones operate on the Nextel Communications network, as
well as with a limited number of smaller carriers.

''Our prime customers -- Nextel -- are being very successful in
driving a differentiated offering into the marketplace,'' Moré says.
``The introduction of Nationwide Direct Connect, the introduction
of other functions has enabled [Nextel] to command very high
average revenue per user and get very loyal users.''

At iDEN's annual product premiere Monday at the Palms hotel in
Miami Beach, the unit introduced its latest line of wireless phones.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/6723182.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 04:53:37 -0000

LOL

Monday?!

Monday a week ago.  This is old news.

http://www.enyo.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=584