Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson System Stands Up to Flooding in Chester County, Pennsylvania

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 01:41:31 -0400

EFJohnson System Stands Up to Flooding in Chester County, Pennsylvania
September 26, 2003 9:28am

WASHINGTON, Sept. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board:
EFJI) announced that its EFJohnson Company subsidiary's communications system
stood up to natural disaster in Chester County, Pennsylvania. On Monday, September
15, 2003, Chester County received up to ten inches of rain as a storm cell stopped
over the area long enough to cause flooding in many parts of the county.
Throughout the flooding, all 18 EFJohnson sites and over 3,000 radio units
functioned without interruption.

"We are proud that the EFJohnson system provided aid in this emergency situation.
This demonstrates the strength and durability of the system and emphasizes the
importance of effective installation, maintenance and utilization of the system by
the Chester County Emergency Services personnel," said Michael E. Jalbert, EFJ,
Inc. chairman and chief executive officer. "The combination of the strength of the
system and the high level of competence of Chester County's employees resulted in
uninterrupted communications and seamless operation of emergency services when the
county's citizens needed it," he added.
"The EFJohnson system worked superbly. We had ten inches of rain fall in eight
hours causing flooding that forced all the radio sites to lose power and go to
back up generators. The transition was seamless and our communications never
failed," said Ed Atkins, director of emergency services for Chester County. "From
September 15 through September 20 we received two to three times our normal daily
call volume and the EFJohnson system was flawless."
EFJohnson Receives $1.2 Million In New Orders From U.S. Government

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 02:05:23 -0400

Timmy this is how a REAL Public Safety System works- Even when thousands lost
Electrical Power

In case you and Paulee were on the Golf Course again and you missed what happened here
you go..........

===================================================================================
Posted on Tue, Sep. 16, 2003

Flooding ambushes Chester County
By Lini S. Kadaba, Kathleen Brady Shea and Nancy Petersen
Inquirer Staff Writers

"Meanwhile, tens of thousands lost electrical power, hundreds of school children were
stranded, and dozens of residents had to be rescued as the Brandywine and its
tributaries rose above flood  stage from rainfall that fell continuously from 11:30
p.m. Sunday  through 4 p.m. Monday."

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/2003/09/17/news/local/states/pennsylvania/counties/delaware_county/6780962.htm

====================================================================================

---

From: "Andy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:19:35 -0000

If I were EF Johnson - Formerly known as Transcrypt - I don't think 
I'd use Chester County as an example of a finely tuned communications 
system. Perhaps it is because they have so FEW installed systems, and 
they are desperate to put out some kind of positive press. There have 
been horror stories about their 800Mhz system since the day it was 
turned on.  

story line linked below - but I can tell you that there are local 
officers over in Chester county who turned back to conventional VHF 
rather than deal with the ongoing troubles with the EFJ 800 system....

http://www.davidschoenberger.net/monroe/articles/pennsylvania/chester.
htm

With apologies to Paul Harvey - now you know the REST of the story.

> In case you and Paulee were on the Golf Course again and you missed 
what happened here
======================================================================
=============
> p.m. Sunday  through 4 p.m. Monday."
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/2003/09/17/news/local/states/pennsy
lvania/counties/delaware_county/6780962.htm
======================================================================
==============
> Marcelrf@B... wrote: