Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Near field receiver

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:25:19 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Ian Wraith <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Near field receiver

Hello
      A few months ago I became interested in using a simple near field
receiver for detecting and identifying digital radio modes. I found this
great web site ..

http://www.techlib.com/electronics/allband.htm

and decided to build a modified circuit which used an amplifer IC to
cut down the component count. Then with a lot of help from Paul (G7VAK)
I built this circuit ..

http://borg.shef.ac.uk/~ianw/all_band.png

It picks up powerful pager signals from several miles away and VHF AM
transmissions from about a mile away. GSM cell phones can be heard from
a few metres away and GSM bases a fair bit further away. Its performance
with narrow band FM transmissions isn't so good as you just tend to hear
the click of the PTT and sometimes very very quiet voice. Its a great
way of discovering the RF environment around you though and not bad to
say it costs less than 10 UK pounds (less than $20) to build.

  I just thought some of you might be interested.

Regards

Ian

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/