Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC - 09/11/2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:49:12 -0400

FCC EASES DIGITAL TV TRANSITION FOR CONSUMERS COMPETITION, CONVENIENCE,
AND SIMPLICITY CITED AS KEY GOALS OF  "PLUG AND PLAY" RULES.   The FCC
adopted rules for digital "plug and play" cable compatibility, which is
a key piece of the digital television puzzle.  News Release. (Dkt No
99-80, 00-67). Adopted:  09/10/2003. News Media Contact: Michelle Russo
at (202) 418-2358  MB. Contact Susan Mort at (202) 418-7200
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A6.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A6.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A5.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A6.txt> 

 FCC PROPOSES CHANGES IN TECHNICAL REGULATIONS FOR UNLICENSED DEVICES TO
FACILITATE DEPLOYMENT OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES AND TO STREAMLINE
REGULATIONS TO INCREASE FLEXIBILITY.  News Release. (Dkt No 03-201).
Adopted:  09/10/2003. News Media Contact: Lauren Van Wazer at (202)
418-0030  OET. Contact Neal McNeil at (202) 418-2408
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238842A5.txt> 

 FCC PROPOSES AMENDING CURRENT SPECTRUM REGULATIONS IN ORDER TO PROMOTE
WIRELESS SERVICES IN RURAL AMERICA.   The FCC adopted a Notice of
Proposed Rulemaking proposing ways to amend its spectrum regulations and
policies in order to promote the continued rapid and efficient
deployment of quality spectrum-based services in rural America.  News
Release. (Dkt No 03-202). Adopted:  09/10/2003. News Media Contact:
Meribeth McCarrick at (202) 418-0654  WTB. Contact Nicole McGinnis at
(202) 418-0317, email: Nicole.McGinnis@ fcc.gov  or Wayne Leighton at
(202) 418-0690, email: [email-masked]
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A6.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A6.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A5.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238840A6.txt> 
--

 Released:  09/11/2003.  REGION 41 (UTAH) 700 MHZ REGIONAL PLANNING
COMMITTEE ANNOUNCES FIRST MEETING. (DA No.  03-2870).  WTB

 Released:  09/11/2003.  REGION 5 (SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA) 700 MHZ REGIONAL
PLANNING COMMITTEE ANNOUNCES FIRST PUBLIC SAFETY 4.9 GHZ BAND MEETING.
(DA No.  03-2869).  WTB

 Released:  09/11/2003.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU GRANTS
CONSENT TO ASSIGN MDS LICENSES. (DA No.  03-2879).  WTB. Contact:  Rita
Cookmeyer or Yolanda Lee at (202) 418-0660
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2879A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2879A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2879A1.txt> 

 STATEMENT OF COMMISSIONER MICHAEL J. COPPS - ANNUAL REPORT ON THE
COMMERCIAL SATELLITE INDUSTRY.  STMT  CMMR
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238863A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238863A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238863A1.txt> 

 PUBLIC SAFETY NATIONAL COORDINATION COMMITTEE (NCC) CHAIR BRIEFS FCC ON
INTEROPERABILITY STANDARDS.   Kathleen Wallman briefed the FCC on
achievements of the Public Safety NCC - a Federal Advisory Committee
chartered in 1999.  News Release. News Media Contact: Meribeth McCarrick
at (202) 418-0654  WTB. Contact Michael Wilhelm at (202) 418-0680,
email: [email-masked]
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238843A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238843A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238843A1.txt> 

 Released:  09/10/2003.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU ANNOUNCES
THAT APPLICATIONS FOR LOWER 700 MHZ BAND ARE ACCEPTED FOR FILING AUCTION
EVENT NO. 49. (DA No.  03-2876).  WTB. Contact:  Evan Baranoff at (202)
418-0620
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A2.xls>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A3.xls>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2876A5.txt> 

 Released:  09/10/2003.  NARROWBAND PCS SPECTRUM AUCTION 4 QUALIFIED
BIDDERS. (DA No.  03-2866).  WTB. Contact:  Linda Sanderson at (717)
338-2888 or Jeff Crooks or Christopher Shields at (202) 418-0660,
Technical Support: (202) 414-1250, TTY: (202) 414-1255
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A6.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A6.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A5.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2866A6.txt>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/