Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 9 - 11 BOOK: TERROR LINK INSIDE FDNY

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 14:39:29 -0400

9 - 11 BOOK: TERROR LINK INSIDE FDNY

Daily News (New York)

September 4, 2003, Thursday

A hero fire marshal killed in the terror attacks told the FBI of his suspicions
about an
Egyptian-born FDNY employee who associated with terrorists - but his warning was
ignored, a new book claims.

The book, "1000 Years for Revenge" by Peter Lance, contends the feds missed
opportunities to stop the attacks.

But New York FBI spokesman Joe Valiquette slammed Lance's book as a "rehash of old

stories, gossip and speculation."

One thread of the book follows Fire Department veteran Ronnie Bucca and his
suspicions about a department accountant, Ahmed Amin Refai.

Bucca began investigating Refai in 1999, after Refai filed a bogus report to get
a new building identification pass for department headquarters, the book
says.

Bucca was alarmed by Refai's association with Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman, the
blind sheik convicted of conspiracy in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

The marshal uncovered TV footage of Refai escorting Abdel-Rahman through a
crowd at a New Jersey mosque and learned he was also acquainted with El
Sayed A Nosair, who assassinated Jewish Defense League leader Meir Kahane
in 1990.

That year, Refai took a pile of Trade Center blueprints that had been tossed
out by the FDNY, the book says. When the complex was bombed, Refai called
in sick, Lance reports.

Now retired, Refai denied any wrongdoing. He admitted to Lance that he met
Abdel-Rahman and other terror figures but said he wasn't close to them. He
also denied taking the blueprints and blamed the attacks on a U.S.-Israeli
conspiracy.

The FBI is now investigating Refai, the book says. Valiquette declined comment
yesterday on any probe.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/wpublisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=34&topicId=17906&docId=l:48160588&start=28

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/