Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Southern LINC says it has met E911 Phase II deadline

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 22:15:31 -0400

Southern LINC says it has met E911 Phase II deadline
September 04 13:22:00, 2003

ATLANTA—Regional iDEN provider Southern LINC reported it had met the Federal
Communications Commission’s Sept. 1 deadline to set up E911 Phase II
implementation for Tier III wireless carriers.

The carrier said the implementation was accomplished ahead of schedule, and it is
already working with public safety answering points in the Southeast that have
requested the service. Southern LINC’s solution includes the offering of Motorola
Inc.’s GPS-capable handsets beginning last December, which are expected to locate
an emergency caller within a radius of 50 to 150 meters.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14956

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/