Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Emergency Dispatch Center Encounters Glitches Patrol Car Computers Unable To Log Onto System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:54:54 -0400

New Emergency Dispatch Center Encounters Glitches Patrol Car Computers Unable To
Log Onto System

POSTED: 10:39 a.m. CDT September 24, 2003
UPDATED: 10:48 a.m. CDT September 24, 2003
HOUSTON -- The city's new nerve center for emergency response calls 
caused some first-day frustrations Tuesday.

The new multimillion dispatch center hit a glitch on its first day in 
operation. More than 200 patrol cars could not log onto the system with 
their on-board computers, leaving radios as the only form of communication.

"We actually had three dress rehearsals," City Public Safety Director 
John Bales said. "The last one was about 12 days ago and some of the 
systems you can't test until you go live."

Officials were unable to say when the problem would be fixed.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/2507819/detail.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/