Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NTIA's Nancy Victory Violated (3) Three Ethics Standards

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:13:59 -0400

NTIA's Nancy Victory Violated (3) Three Ethics Standards

Federal investigators have concluded that President Georrge W Bush's former
telecom policy chief committed three ethics violations by allowing industry
lobbyists to throw her a party. The Justice Department, however, is declining to
prosecute her. The previously confidential findings by the Commerce Department's
inspector general came in late June, two weeks before Nancy Victory announced her
resignation as assistant secretary for telecom and information. The inspector
general said that Victory violated ethics standards that prohibit federal
employees from accepting gifts from anyone whose interests they substantially
affect and require them to avoid any appearance of impropriety in carrying out
their official duties.

Reported by Dow Jones Newswires.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
ReplayTV: Control live television
Special Sale: 50% off ReplayTV
CNet Ranked #1 over Tivo!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aUMW7B/A6qGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/