Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wisair Completes UWB System Tests

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:24:44 -0400

Wisair Completes UWB System Tests

SEPTEMBER 12, 2003

Ultrawideband chipset provider Wisair has completed FCC compliance testing for its
UWB transmitter at TDK RF Solutions.

Wisair's transmitter is based on multiband OFDM. The IEEE 802.15.3a working group
is still in the process of making its final decision on a UWB standard, but
nothing has been finalized. At the end of July, the group narrowed down the
proposed UWB standards to one -- the one backed by the new Multiband-OFDM
Alliance. Despite settling on which standard to back, the group will vote again to
adopt the standard this month in Singapore because at its last meeting the
standard fell short of the 75 percent approval needed for adoption.

Wisair intends to demonstrate its hardware at the Singapore meeting.
The TDK facility in Austin also tested a UWB evaluation system based on the
Multiband-OFDM Alliance proposal from Staccato Communications, Samsung Electronics
and General Atomics. The companies collaborated on the transmitter design.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=2&pubdate=09/12/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/