Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 02:40:00 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, September 9, 2003
================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------
WIRELESS INDUSTRY CONGRESS 2003 - THE ULTIMATE WIRELESS CONFERENCE
----------------------------------------------------------------------

WIC is a Premier event held in Ottawa, Sept 21-23, 2003. It brings together
Investors looking for new ideas, Startups seeking funds, OEMs searching for
acquisition opportunities, Service Providers looking for new applications and
services, all under one roof. It is a great opportunity to network, exchange ideas
and make business alliances. This 3-day conference includes over 150
presentations, Exhibitions, Tutorials, Plenary Sessions, and Keynote Speeches from
Industry Leaders. Please visit:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/52444/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) White Paper: Ultracapacitor Applications in the Power Electronic World
2) Wi-Fi and 3G May Come Together
3) IDC: Euro Phone Market Shrinks

---------------------------------------

1) White Paper: Ultracapacitor Applications in the Power Electronic World

There has been a lot of progress in control and motor design, due to the
increasing power demand in electric applications, as well as ongoing pressures for
more environmentally friendly and high efficiency solutions. However, designers
and engineers have not been successful with regard to the electric power storage
systems...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/52439/793725

2) Wi-Fi and 3G May Come Together

New wireless networking chips for handheld devices are giving second life to the
802.11b standard and could soon test the theory that Wi-Fi and cellular data
services can work hand in hand rather than compete...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/52440/793725

3) IDC: Euro Phone Market Shrinks

A slow quarter for renewals and new subscribers hampered the Western European
mobile phone market, which declined by 2.4% year-on-year in the second quarter of
2003, according to IDC. Despite vendors offering increasingly diverse product
portfolios, the mobile industry is facing the reality that a market driven by
mobile phone replacements is tougher than one driven by new subscribers..
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/52440/793725

--------------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
---------------------------------

Visit the Wireless Design Online download library for the Circuit Designer's
Notebook: Capacitor Dielectric Properties from American Technical Ceramics Corp.

Dielectric materials play a major role in determining the operating
characteristics of ceramic chip capacitors. Accordingly, they are formulated to
meet specific performance needs. The definitions provided in this Notebook give a
general overview of pertinent dielectric design parameters.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/52445/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Power Entry Modules
2) MP Series Bridge/Router
3) Synthesized Clock Frequency Translator Series

---------------------------------------

1) Power Entry Modules

Corry Micronics offers a wide range of power entry modules. These units are
ideally suited for products that must conform to FCC part 15 regulations. Their
metal cases provide high performance. Downloadable product catalog available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/52441/793725

2) MP Series Bridge/Router

The Solectek MP Series, developed in collaboration with Harris Semiconductor, is a
family of wireless, transparent MAC layer, 2.4 GHz multipoint Ethernet bridges
with RIP/Static IP/IPX routing. This field upgradable family consists of the
MP-200-E with a data rate of 2Mbps, the MP550-E with a data rate of 5.5Mbps and
the MP1100-E with a data rate of 11Mbps...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/52442/793725

3) Synthesized Clock Frequency Translator Series

Elcom Technologies' Clock Frequency Translators employ proprietary Technology to
ensure a phase stable output clock and a smooth transition between Master and
Slave operation. In the Slave mode the output frequency phase locks to input
clock, while in Master mode the output signal is derived from and internally
stable OCXO...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/52443/793725

-------------------------------------
CONSULTING SERVICES 
-------------------------------------

Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online
Consulting Services.  With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this
easy-to-use service ensures you'll get the right firm, every time.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/52446/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------

Online Education on the Rise

There has been a steady increase in the number of people looking to continue their
education. With the unemployment rate hovering just above six percent, more and
more people are going back to school to bolster their skill set. A large
percentage of these students are looking to online schools which have been growing
in popularity since they first started appearing on the Internet.

Through online programs, people are able to interact with faculty and fellow
students in a virtual classroom. Online education allows people to adjust their
study schedule to their busy lifestyle with daytime, evening and weekend classes.
With the large amount of Online schools now present on the Internet, people can go
back to school for anything ranging from Diploma programs to a Masters Degree.

To easily find an Online school specializing in your field of interest or find a
Campus school right in your back yard, just answer a few basic questions and we
will find the schools that match your needs and get you free information from
each.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/52447/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/