Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Breaks Out Mini-GPS Module

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:29:44 -0400

Motorola Breaks Out Mini-GPS Module

Link to story from CNET News.com:

http://news.com.com/2100-1037_3-5074015.html?tag=cd_mh

Link to news release from Motorola:

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,3249_2673_23,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:51:37 -0500

>http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,3249_2673_23,00.html
*From the above link ...

/High Performance/*/
Capable of signal detection to *–152dBm*, the FS Oncore module offers 
leading edge GPS performance in both autonomous and assisted operation 
modes.
/
Wow ... that's sensitivity.

-rick

---

From: "pmacafee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:30:59 -0000

Can someone but a reference point to this sensitvity spec?I am not an 
electronic engineer, but I have a great interest in this developing 
technology. Does someone know the sensitivity of the chips in the 
I88/I58 devices?

--- In [email-masked], Rick Parrish <rfmobile@s...> wrote:
> Marcelrf@B... wrote:

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20. Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: Kevin Perry <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:38:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi I'm Kevin (I Just joined the group) I'm A tech @ Nextel.  The ICs in these Radios are CMOS technology and are very sensitve to static electricity.  Before you open a radio you need to put on a groung strap and work on a grounded mat.  Ihope this answers your question. Kevin

pmacafee <[email-masked]> wrote:Can someone but a reference point to this sensitvity spec?I am not an 
electronic engineer, but I have a great interest in this developing 
technology. Does someone know the sensitivity of the chips in the 
I88/I58 devices?

> Wow ... that's sensitivity.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: "pmacafee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:29:09 -0000

---

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:42:12 -0400

I don't think that is the sort of "sensitivity" being asked about.

Nextel tech, you say?

Rik Rasmussen
Communications Maintenance Adminstrator
City of Durham, NC

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Kevin Perry [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 8:38 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Motorola Breaks Out Mini-GPS Module

  Hi I'm Kevin (I Just joined the group) I'm A tech @ Nextel.  The ICs in
these Radios are CMOS technology and are very sensitve to static
electricity.  Before you open a radio you need to put on a groung strap and
work on a grounded mat.  Ihope this answers your question. Kevin

  pmacafee <[email-masked]> wrote:
    Can someone but a reference point to this sensitvity spec?I am not an
    electronic engineer, but I have a great interest in this developing
    technology. Does someone know the sensitivity of the chips in the
    I88/I58 devices?

    --- In [email-masked], Rick Parrish <rfmobile@s...> wrote:
    > Capable of signal detection to *152dBm*, the FS Oncore module
    offers
    >!

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ADVERTISEMENT