Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NEW TIA PROJECT NUMBERS:

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:15:45 -0400

NEW TIA PROJECT NUMBERS:

Project Number 3-0127 (create a TSB) – TSB153 – Static Discharge Between LAN
Cabling and Data Terminal Equipment – This document provides background and
installation guidelines to mitigate Electro Static Discharge effects in balanced
twisted pair cabling systems. If interested contact Herb Congdon, Tyco
Electronics, at 425.464.2165 or via email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-0128 (create a TSB) – TSB154 – Optical Amplifier Command Set
(OACS) – This document describes the Optical Amplifier Command Set (OACS), for use
in communicating with and controlling intelligent optical amplifiers. If
interested contact James Matthews, Corning, Inc., at 607.974.7608, or via email at
[email-masked].

NEW TIA STANDARDS PROPOSALS:

SP-3-0092 (create a new standard) – TIA-942 – Telecommunications Infrastructures
for Data Centers – This standard provides information on the factors that should
be considered when planning and preparing the installation of a data center or
computer room.

SP-3-3292-UGR (create a new standard) – TIA-127-A – Enhanced Variable Rate Codec
Speech Service Option 3 for Wideband Spread Spectrum Digital Systems – This
document provides two-way voice communications between the base station and the
mobile station using the dynamically variable data rate speech codec algorithm.

SP-3-3339-RV1-1 (revise a standard) – TIA-758-A – Customer owned Outside Plant
Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard – This default ballot is a result of
the comment resolution on SP-3-3339-RV1.

SP-3-3490-RV2 (revise a standard) – TIA-570-B – Residential Telecommunications
Infrastructure Standard – This document standardizes the requirements for
residential telecommunications infrastructure.

SP-3-3972-UGE (create a new standard) – TIA-733-A – High Rate Speech Service
Option 17 for Wideband Spread Spectrum Communications Systems – This document
describes the requirements for Service Option 17.

SP-3-4425-AD5 (create a supplement) – TIA-568-B.1-5 – Commercial Building
Telecommunications Cabling Standard –

Part 1: General Requirements –

Addendum 5 – Telecommunications Cabling for Telecommunications Enclosures – This
addendum recognizes the use of telecommunications enclosures.

SP-3-4425-AD6 (create a supplement) – TIA-568-B.1-6 – Commercial Building
Telecommunications Cabling Standard – Part 1: General Requirements –

Addendum 6 – Additional Cabling Guidelines for DTE Power – The guidelines provide
can be used to support a wide variety of low voltage power limited applications
that will benefit from using remote power supplied over balanced twisted pair
cabling.

SP-3-4617.1-UGR (create a new standard) – TIA-707-B.1 – Data Service Options for
Spread Spectrum System, Section 1 – This document describes data services
available on wideband spread spectrum systems. It is organized into a series of
related recommendations, some of which address functions common to all code
division multiple access data services, and others which describe a specific data
service.

SP-3-4617.3-UGR (create a new standard) – TIA-707-B.3 – Data Service Options for
Spread Spectrum Systems, Section 3 – This document describes data services
available on wideband spread spectrum systems. It is organized into a series of
related recommendations, some of which address functions common to all code
division multiple access data services, and others which describe a specific data
service.

SP-3-4617.4-UGR (create a new standard) – TIA-707-B.4 – Data Service Options for
Spread Spectrum Systems, Section 4 – This document describes data services
available on wideband spread spectrum systems. It is organized into a series of
related recommendations, some of which address functions common to all code
division multiple access data services, and others which describe a specific data
service.

SP-3-4617.5-UGR (create a new standard) – TIA-707-B.5 – Data Service Options for
Spread Spectrum Systems, Section 5 – This document describes data services
available on wideband spread spectrum systems. It is organized into a series of
related recommendations, some of which address functions common to all code
division multiple access data services, and others which describe a specific data
service.

SP-3-4617.7-UGR (create a new standard) – TIA-707-B.7 – Data Service Options for
Spread Spectrum Systems, Section 7 – This document describes data services
available on wideband spread spectrum systems. It is organized into a series of
related recommendations, some of which address functions common to all code
division multiple access data services, and others which describe a specific data
service.

SP-3-4617.9-UGR (create a new standard) – TIA-707-B.9 – Data Service Options for
Spread Spectrum Systems, Section 9 – This document describes data services
available on wideband spread spectrum systems. It is organized into a series of
related recommendations, some of which address functions common to all code
division multiple access data services, and others which describe a specific data
service.

SP-3-4617.10-UGR (create a new standard) – TIA-707-B.10 – Data Service Options for
Spread Spectrum Systems, Section 10 – This document describes data services
available on wideband spread spectrum systems. It is organized into a series of
related recommendations, some of which address functions common to all code
division multiple access data services, and others which describe a specific data
service.

SP-3-4617.11-UGR (create a new standard) – TIA-707-B.11 – Data Service Options for
Spread Spectrum Systems, Section 11 – This document describes data services
available on wideband spread spectrum systems. It is organized into a series of
related recommendations, some of which address functions common to all code
division multiple access data services, and others which describe a specific data
service.

SP-3-4617.12-UGR (create a new standard) – TIA-707-B.12 – Data Service Options for
Spread Spectrum Systems, Section12 – This document describes data services
available on wideband spread spectrum systems. It is organized into a series of
related recommendations, some of which address functions common to all code
division multiple access data services, and others which describe a specific data
service.

SP-3-4631-RV1-(revise a current standard) – TIA-102.BAEE-A – Project 25 –
Radio Management Protocols, New Technology Standards Project, Digital Radio
Technical Standards – This document defines the radio management protocols and
associated messages for use in land mobile digital radio systems.

SP-3-4632-RV1 – (revise a current standard) – TIA-102.BAEB-A – Project 25 –
Packet Data Specification, New Technology Standards Project – This specification
provides a detailed specification of the packet data communication bearer
services.

SP-3-4661-RV1 – (revise a current standard) – TIA-102.AABC-A – Project 25 –
Trunking Control Channel Messages – New Technology Standards Project –
Digital Radio Technical Standards – This document defines the message to control
trunking system operation on the common air interface for Project 25.

SP-3-4817-RV2-1 – (revise a current standard) – TIA-569-B – Commercial Building
Standard for Telecommunications Pathways and Spaces – This document is limited to
the telecommunications aspect of commercial building design and construction,
encompassing telecommunications pathways and spaces.
Withdrawn Documents:

TIA-455-24 – FOT24 – Attenuation Measurement of Single-mode Fibers (replaced by
TIA-455-78-B)

TIA-455-50-B – FOTP50 – Light Launch Conditions for Long-Length Graded-Index
Optical Fiber Spectral Attenuation Measurements (replaced by TIA-455-78-B)

TIA-455-58-B – FOTP58 – Core Diameter Measurement of Graded-Index Optical Fibers
(replaced by ANSI/TIA-455-176-A).

TIA-455-59 –A – FOTP59 – Measurement of Fiber Point Discontinuities Using an OTDR
(replaced by TIA-455-78-B)

TIA-455-61 – FOTP61 – Measurement of Fiber or Cable Attenuation Using an OTDR
(Replaced by TIA-455-78-B)

TIA-455-115 – FOTP115 – Spectral Attenuation Measurement of Step-Index Multimode
Optical Fibers (replaced by TIA-455-78-B)

Downgraded Documents (American National Standards to TIA only Documents)

TIA-455-44-B – FOTP44 – Refractive Index Profile, Refracted Ray Method
(ANSI approval withdrawn 6/03

TIA-455-82-B – FOTP82 – Fluid Penetration Test for Fluid-Blocked Fiber Optic Cable
(ANSI approval withdrawn 6/03).

TIA-455-106 – FOTP106 – Procedures for Measuring the Near-Infrared Absorbance of
Fiber Optic Coating Materials (ANSI approval withdrawn 6/03).

TIA-455-124 – FOTP124 – Polarization-mode Dispersion Measurement for Single-mode
Optical Fibers by Interferometry Method (ANSI Approval withdrawn 7/03).

TIA-455-128 – FOTP128 – Procedures for Determining Threshold Current of
Semiconductors (ANSI approval withdrawn 7/03).

TIA-455-178-A – FOTP178 – Measurements of Strip Force for Mechanically Removing
Coatings from Optical Fibers (ANSI approval withdrawn 7/03).

TIA-590-A – Standard for Physical Location and Project Below-Ground Fiber Optic
Cable Plant (ANSI approval withdrawn 7/03).

http://pulse.tiaonline.org/article.cfm?id=1818

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/