Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Mysterious Line Cut Happens Again In Washington

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:34:59 -0400

Mysterious Line Cut Happens Again In Washington

More than 60,000 customers found themselves incommunicado when the latest in a
series of unexplained fiber cuts hit the Bellingham, Wash., area last week. The
area was in telephonic blackout for five hours after a line was severed in
Stanwood, which is about 60 miles from Bellingham. Customers could not connect to
911, but they could make local calls in their immediate calling area.

A system of cables along the Interstate 5 corridor links Bellingham's
long-distance lines to a switch in Seattle; similar, unexplained cuts last
happened in 2001. Qwest reportedly is planning to establish a redundancy system in
case similar damage occurs in the future.

www.telecomweb.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/