Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Southern Telecom Deploys Amperion's Powerline Broadband System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:56:21 -0400

Southern Telecom Deploys Amperion's Powerline Broadband System

Andover, MA

 September 30, 2003
Amperion, Inc.  today announced that Southern Telecom  has deployed the
Amperion ConnectT solution as part of an ongoing evaluation of Broadband 
Powerline Communications technology (BPL / PLC). Southern Telecom is using 
the Amperion Connect solution to test a variety of utility and broadband
applications. This deployment includes installation on both overhead and
underground power lines with BPL throughput reaching 20Mbps. The trial is
expected to run through the end of the year and includes plans for possible
expansion.

Prior to deployment, NEETRAC,  one of the world's foremost electric 
energy research, testing and evaluationcenters, performed a rigorous battery
 of tests on Amperion's equipment.

Southern Telecom's concentration on safety is well known and firmly
respected in the PLC industry. Successful NEETRAC testing is a precursor to
all deployments of PLC equipment. Southern Telecom reported that Amperion
equipment passed the complete series of tests at first pass without
requiring any changes or modifications, an unprecedented achievement.
Amperion's equipment, built for carrier class operation and use in harsh
environments, has been tested and approved by other leading utility and
third-party testing facilities around the world.

"Southern Telecom is a recognized leader in the Powerline industry with
years of experience. Being chosen for this opportunity to prove our
technology emphasizes Amperion's expertise and we look forward to
establishing a long term relationship," stated Jeff Tolnar, vice president
of marketing, sales and business development for Amperion. "Continued
expansion in the market place signifies proof of the viability of Amperion's
technical and business approaches, including the use of PowerWiFiT access to
reach end user customers. Based upon success with this installation we are
very excited about the prospects of rapid and efficient expansion on
Southern Telecom's affiliates' wires."

"We have evaluated Powerline technology for quite some time. So we entered
the trial with a high level of expertise and competitive knowledge,"
commented Leif Ericson, business development manager for Southern Telecom.
"This deployment has exceeded our expectations in terms of speed,
performance and ease of installation. We installed the equipment on the
wires and within days the deployment was operational with minimal
intervention. It just worked. We are very encouraged by the results and look
forward to continuing the relationship with Amperion."

Amperion has previously announced deployments with AEP, Progress Energy and
PPL, and the Amperion Connect Solution is commercially available. Additional
information can be found by visiting www.amperion.com.

http://www.amperion.com/press.asp?pid=83

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/