Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Aviation-up!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:25:17 -0400

Aviation-up!

Video of speeding motorcycles in Dekalb County, Ga. and their
  takedowns:

The only question is why is the Pilot and the cameraman the same person? :))
The video is terrible-

The bikers have started using a device to block radio communications between the 
Avaition unit and ground unts.

http://www.dekalbpolice.com/90_motorcycle.wmv

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:44:57 -0500

>The only question is why is the Pilot and the cameraman the same person? :))
Interesting video Marcel.

About midway through the video you can clearly see the back of the 
pilot's head so the person holding the camera must not be the pilot. At 
one point the chopper's spot light is flooding the area just ahead of 
the speeding bike as if the pilot was trying to aid the speeder's 
ability to see and prevent an accident.

The Houston PD choppers have externally mounted FLIR cameras which 
should provide a stable image. Perhaps DeKalb has them too.

-rick

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 22:05:03 -0400

This was a Joke..........There goes my  career as a Comic !

> Houston PD choppers have externally mounted FLIR cameras which should provide a stable image. Perhaps DeKalb has
> them too.
>
> -rick

Dekalb is broke..........

They just recently upgraded  their portables to MTS-2000 from STX. Now they are switching from Moto Type I to
IIi.(this took an ACT of GOD!)