Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ArrayComm Switches Heads

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:58:41 -0400

ArrayComm Switches Heads

09.25.03

High-speed wide-area wireless equipment provider ArrayComm Inc.  has reshuffled
its management board, with seminal
leader Martin Cooper stepping down from his post as CEO.

Cooper -- the man credited with inventing the cellphone (see Many Happy
Return Calls! http://www.unstrung.com/document.asp?doc_id=30758) and Martin
Cooper - The Spectrum Avenger http://www.unstrung.com/document.asp?doc_id=16647)
 -- is to hand control to existing COO Sam Endy with immediate effect.

"The kind of things he wants to do here are not really in total alignment
with the types of responsibilities a CEO has," says director of marketing
Steven Glapa.

Despite the move, the company insists Cooper isn't about to pack his bags
and jet off to exotic climes just yet. "He will continue to play a very
significant management role within the company as chairman of the board,"
explains Glapa. "It will be a day-to-day role and more focused on the
strategic side of the business and the statesmanship that is involved in
getting ArrayComm's name out there. He will be very active."

The marketing man reveals the move has drawn to an end a lengthy search for
a man up to the task of replacing the unofficial Granddaddy of Wireless.
"The board and Martin have been looking for a CEO for some time and a number
of candidates have come through over the last couple of years, but there has
been a growing recognition of the work Sam has done. The operator experience
he has is exactly what we need right now as we move into our next phase."

Today's switch is not the first reorganization the company has undertaken
this year -- in May Unstrung reported on an undisclosed number of job cuts
as part of a corporate restructure (see ArrayComm Cuts Jobs). "We have no
future plans in terms of significant changes," assures Glapa.

- Justin Springham, Senior Editor, Europe, Unstrung

Source: http://www.unstrung.com/document.asp?doc_id=40814

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/