Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Digest Number 637

From: "Dave and Sharon Maples" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 13:56:57 -0400

They had ATM in almost every layer of the network some time back.  I imagine
this is just an extension of their earlier efforts (they had replaced the
Class 1, 2, 3, and 4 switches with ATM equipment through the late 90s and
were working through the Class 5 switches when I left NASA 4 years ago).

For what it's worth...

Dave Maples

   Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:46:11 -0500
   From: "Paul J. Zawada" <[email-masked]>
Subject: AT&T announces VoIP intentions

Looks like AT&T will be moving from circuit switching to VoIP in the
next few years...   No mention of ATM though...

http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/09/11/HNattnetwork_1.html?source=rss&url
=http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/09/11/HNattnetwork_1.html

(snip)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/