Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Installs 4 Antennas 10 Feet From Local Residents Bedroom (Yes, 10FT See Pic)

From: "Smith, William E. (US-BKTN-Telecom)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:13:45 -0400

I'm surprised they got it past the city zoning board especially in
Cambridge.  I know I'd be hiring a lawyer if I was living in front of
those antennas. I like RF,  just not in Kilowatt quantities... Hey,
maybe that nice new copper awning they are going to install will help
Nextel's coverage in the bathroom :-) 
 
I wonder what recourse Nextel would have if the residents did put
something up to block the RF on their property. Does anybody know if
this has happened, people deliberately obstructing the antennas?
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Ellis [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 7:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Installs 4 Antennas 10 Feet From Local
Residents Bedroom (Yes, 10FT See Pic)

But Marcel, you've got to admit, they get GREAT coverage from the
house...

And the basement...and the fillings in their teeth...and their kid's
braces...

I wonder why the aluminum siding people haven't knocked on their door
yet?  And that window air conditioner is definitely going to help "cool"
the room down...the other window needs one too...maybe metallic
shutters?  They sell them down here for storm damage prevention, with
little motorized servos...a new market in Bahston?

After being pressured by a real estate type to go after the cheap co-Io,
have a feeling someone junior in field engineering made a decision,
passed it by a manager, and "forgot" to mention that there's a house 10
feet from the antennas...what a mishap - almost legendary in the two-way
field!  

Reminds me of the picture of the tree with a tire hanging from a rope,
as engineered by marketing.  Doesn't look like a tree any more!

Todd Ellis

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the National Grid USA Enterprise Support Center on 508-389-3375 or 315-428-6360.