Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WiFi Enabled Van Creates Mobile College

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:28:45 -0400

WiFi Enabled Van Creates Mobile College
 Contributed by mmasnick on Mon, Sept 29 2003

 Wired is running an article about a community college in rural North Carolina
that has equipped a van with a
 satellite broadband connection and WiFi to take the college on the road. It can
serve local communities (that
 don't have broadband) with computer courses by rolling into town and setting up
shop at a local high school or
 community center. You get a backhaul connection with the satellite and then WiFi
from the van to the newly
 set up classroom. Seems like a useful set up.

The Full Story-
 http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,60594,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/