Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Northwest Relaxes Cell Phone Rules

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:23:17 -0400

Northwest Relaxes Cell Phone Rules

Joining the ever-growing list of commercial airliners changing their cell phone
polices is Northwest Airlines. On Friday, Northwest announced its plans to allow
passengers to use their wireless devices as soon as the aircraft safely touches
down.

===================================================================================

Airline cell phone policies still evolving

Northwest Airlines has changed its cell phone policy to allow passengers to use
them as soon as their plane lands.
The change is effective immediately, the company said Friday.

"We believe this policy change will be a welcome benefit for our passengers," VP
Safety and Engineering Ken Hylander said.
The move is the latest in a series of announcements by major airlines relaxing
rules that once forbade cell phone use on aircraft no matter what.
.

Most major carriers now permit the use of cell phones until doors have closed for
departure, and after landing when the seat belt sign has been turned off. The
Northwest announcement, taking that last part a step further, is likely to spread
to other airlines.
http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2003/09/01/daily67.html?t=printable

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/