Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FW: [KD4RAA-K4JDR Rptrs] Isabel Reflector Traffic

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:53:50 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Musten [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 4:04 PM
To: Kevin Anderson; Kd4raa-Repeater Group; Robert WE4B
Subject: [KD4RAA-K4JDR Rptrs] Isabel Reflector Traffic

At Present we are linking the Echolink Weather Conference (WX-Talk) to
Reflector 9210.  We are in a Listen-only mode at this time, which means that
traffic to IRLP is one way. If there is a need to activate the link to pass
traffic, then we can do so on demand.  IRLP traffic can take place without
affecting the Echolink links.

There are a number of linked repeaters including the Dare County group
connected, so be aware that there are ID's and courtesy tones not normally
heard on IRLP linked repeaters- active at this time.

Later this evening the National Hurricane Center will be in net mode to IRLP
9210 as well as Echolink. Please limit your local rag-chew contacts unless
you have information to pass along.

Danny Musten KD4RAA
Raleigh NC
Reflector 9210

AIM - KD4RAA

-------

And I will pass the note along from Jim -

Ref 9210 is being used for Hurricane Isabel emergency response.  The
National Hurricane Center will be monitoring the reflector, and the
reflector owner is enabling some access to Echolink nodes and other
linking systems during the emergency in the affected areas.  Some of
this access is listen-only (at least until the hurricane makes
landfall).

If you connect to 9210 but are not in the affected area, please LISTEN
ONLY.  Do NOT feel free to hold local conversations just because there
is no traffic at the moment, and please do NOT call in to ask about the
weather or conditions.

73, Jim WW4M

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT
 
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050631
08:HM/A=1732163/R=0/SIG=11n0nglqg/*http:/www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=30510
&media=zone> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=1732163/rand=670005309> 

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:51:40 -0400

I guess it's time to crank up the Icom.

Todd Ellis wrote:

> Sent:Wednesday, September 17, 20034:04 PM
> There are a number of linked repeaters including the DareCounty group
> Later this evening the NationalHurricaneCenter will be in net mode to IRLP
> RaleighNC
> NationalHurricaneCenter will be monitoring the reflector, and the