Subject: [NEXTEL-1] UTC On BPL in Manassas

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:45:28 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "ciadvocate" <[email-masked]>
Subject: BPL in Manassas

To clarify a few postings -- and reassure residents of Manassas -- 
BPL in Manassas is not about to happen. The test has been going on 
for months -- commercial service is about to happen. Meanwhile, there 
have been no reports of interference anywhere near the area of the 
test community. As with EM, emissions from BPL appear to diminish 
rapidly as you move away from the power line. 

The whole industry will continue to study the interference issue, and 
that certainly is one of the issues the FCC will have to address as 
part of its ongoing proceeding. However, this is a Part 15 
application -- not an experimental license -- so it must operate 
without causing interference under existing rules. 

As to having lots of choices, not true. I'm looking forward to the 
option of BPL. I live squarely between Washington and Baltimore and 
cannot get DSL, FTTH or other advanced broadband services -- and as a 
former Comcast subscriber, I refuse absolutely to buy anything from 
the cable company. 

There will have to be lots more real data before we'll know whether 
this service will fulfill its promise.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/