Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC rejects Northrop Grumman request for broadband spectrum

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:36:38 -0000

This is a bummer for Flarion. 

But what does it say about the FCC's willingness to give 10mhz of 
1900mhz spectrum to Nextel.
=============================
FCC rejects Northrop Grumman request for broadband spectrum

by Jeffrey Silva
Sept. 25, 2003 1:22 PM EST

WASHINGTON—The Federal Communications Commission Wednesday rejected 
Northrop Grumman Corp.'s request for broadband spectrum to support 
emergency and homeland security wireless applications.

Northrop Grumman filed a petition April 21 seeking expedited 
treatment by the FCC on its request for an additional 10 megahertz 
of public-safety spectrum in the 700 MHz band. The filing caused a 
stir at the FCC, which at the time was preparing an auction report 
for Congress. In addition, there has been some question about 
Northrop Grumman's internal handling of the matter.

The FCC left the door open for Northrop Grumman to submit a new 
proposal that specifies public-safety frequencies for the firm's 
proposed broadband wireless system.

see: http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15239

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/