Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Hey That's My Domain! - Reverse Domain Hijacking - Corporate America stomping on the little guys & gals

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:41:27 -0400

http://www.heythatsmydomain.com/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Currently, it's
|

--->>>About This Site

Posted 07/17/2003
@ 11:20 AM EST

You can thank the lawyers of
Nextel for this website. This site is going to provide space
for stories of corporate america and their attempts at silencing
complaint sites by threatening lawsuits under the guise of
copyright infringement, trademark dilution and other silly
excuses to stomp on our freedom of speech rights. If you have
a story about a "sucks" or complaint site please
send them to [email-masked]

--->>>In Other News...

Posted 07/17/2003
@ 11:20 AM EST

This site was started because
Nextel decided they didn't like my website www.nextelsucks.org
and sent me a letter demanding that I give them my domain
for free within ten (10) days of the receipt of the letter
or I would risk being sued by them. According to Intellectual
Property clinic at the University of San Francisco as well
as the ACLU of Michigan
and MANY other legal souces my site is LEGAL. I do not make
money off of this site or sell anything, I merely use it to
voice my opinion of this company. This sort of corporate bullying
should not be allowed. I believe my case to be a perfect example
of Reverse Cybersquatting or Reverse Domain Hijacking. The
internet community needs to stand up against companies that
employ these sort of tactics in order to silence complainers.
These companies would be much better off if they would just
contact site owners and say "What can we do to make this
right with you?".

--->>>The Taubman Case...

Posted 07/17/2003
@ 11:20 AM EST

In the recent Taubman case the
court ruled in favor of Mishkoff, finding that his sites were
an expression of free speech.

''[A]though economic damage might be an intended effect of
Mishkoff's expression,'' the ruling read, in part, ``the First
Amendment protects critical commentary when there is no confusion
as to source, even when it involves the criticism of a business.''

The court went on to say: 'Taubman concedes that Mishkoff
is free to shout, `Taubman Sucks,' from the rooftops. Essentially,
this is what he has done in his domain name.

''The rooftops of our past have evolved into the Internet
domain names of our present,'' the ruling continued. ``We
find that the domain name is a type of public expression,
no different in scope than a billboard or a pulpit, that Mishkoff
has a First Amendment right to express his opinion about Taubman
and that, as long as his speech is not commercially misleading,
the [Trademark] Act cannot be summoned to prevent it.''

The courts decision can be read here.
Out-law.com
has an informative story on the case so check it out.

Keep your grubby hands
off our complaint sites!

[X] Home

[..]
Legal tips for sucks sites

[..] Forums

[..]
NextelSucks.Org

[..] Links

[..]
Tell me your story

--->>>Site News

July 11

Domain Registered

July 17

Basic Site design being set up. Forums to come soon.

--->>>Top Links

www.nextelsucks.org

Out-Law.com - Taubman Case Article

An article that should be read by any company thinking about sending a C & D letter

The ASDASUCKS.COM decision

^TOP
: Home : Legal tips for sucks sites
: Forums : Nextelsucks.org
: Links
: Tell me your story

All Content © 2003
Ty Marie Hiither