Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:45:47 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, September 11, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) NEC Compound Semiconductor HBT Device Library for Ansoft Designer Available
2) Legend Teams with Wavecom to Continue Expansion into Mobile Handset Market
3) Intel EDGE Chip To Speed Wireless Networks 

---------------------------------------

1) NEC Compound Semiconductor HBT Device Library for Ansoft Designer Available

Ansoft Corporation has announced the release of a new device library based on NEC
Compound Semiconductor Devices Ltd.'s Hetero-junction Bipolar Transistors (HBTs)
for use with Ansoft Designer(TM), the circuit, system and planar EM simulator for
high-frequency electronic design...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/53029/793725

2) Legend Teams with Wavecom to Continue Expansion into Mobile Handset Market

Wavecom has announced that it will provide its wireless technology to Legend,
China's largest personal computer maker and a rising star in the dynamic Chinese
mobile handset market. Legend has selected Wavecom's Compact Phones Development
Lab, with the WISMO Pac P3206 hardware platform, for its new G628 mobile
telephone...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/53030/793725

3) Intel EDGE Chip To Speed Wireless Networks 

Intel has rolled out a single-chip processor for cell phones  that operate on EDGE
(enhanced data rates for GSM evolution) wireless networks. EDGE is an emerging
technology that sends and receives data two to three times faster than GSM/GPRS
(2.5G) networks...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/53031/793725

----------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-----------------------------

Today's featured download is a technical paper from Anritsu titled "Probe-Tone
S-Parameter Measurements."

The measurement of device behavior under complex actual operating conditions is an
increasingly important measurement problem. In particular, it can be difficult to
accurately measure gain and some reflection coefficients of a power amplifier
operating under a realistic modulated signal drive. Learn more at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/53035/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Spicelink
2) 100 B Series Porcelain Superchip MLCs
3) 9700 Series Frequency Converter With Prioritized Chain Redundancy

---------------------------------------

1) Spicelink

Spicelink(TM) is the industry-standard tool for parasitic extraction of arbitrary
3D structures, and from transmission lines given their 2D cross-sections. It has
achieved this industry recognition, in part, by providing unparalleled accuracy
and flexibility. Downloadable product brochure available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/53032/793725

2) 100 B Series Porcelain Superchip® MLCs

Features: 
- Improved low ESR/ESL Performance 
- Extended operating temperatures up to +175°C 
- Proven RF Power Performer
- Downloadable product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/53033/793725

3) 9700 Series Frequency Converter With Prioritized Chain Redundancy

The MITEQ frequency converters with prioritized chain redundancy are designed for
advanced satellite communication systems and are available for a wide variety of
frequency plans. Phase noise, amplitude flatness and spurious outputs have been
optimized to provide the user with a transparent frequency conversion for all
video and data applications. Downloadable product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/53034/793725

------------------------------------------------------
COMPLIMENTARY WIRELESS SYSTEMS DESIGN SUBSCRIPTION
------------------------------------------------------

Wireless Systems Design provides practical design solutions for engineers and
engineering managers working at the wireless systems level. Solutions-focused
editorial explores the design, simulation and testing of wireless systems and
subsystems, especially focusing on the interaction of a design's RF circuitry with
its analog, baseband, DC, and digital sections. Visit the link below to get your
complimentary subscription today.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/53036/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------

Online Education on the Rise

There has been a steady increase in the number of people looking to continue their
education. With the unemployment rate hovering just above six percent, more and
more people are going back to school to bolster their skill set. A large
percentage of these students are looking to online schools which have been growing
in popularity since they first started appearing on the Internet.

Through online programs, people are able to interact with faculty and fellow
students in a virtual classroom. Online education allows people to adjust their
study schedule to their busy lifestyle with daytime, evening and weekend classes.
With the large amount of Online schools now present on the Internet, people can go
back to school for anything ranging from Diploma programs to a Masters Degree.

To easily find an Online school specializing in your field of interest or find a
Campus school right in your back yard, just answer a few basic questions and we
will find the schools that match your needs and get you free information from
each.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/53037/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------

WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions,
including profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and
capacity, prepaid services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage
you to visit IIR Telecoms and technology's web site for a complete listing of
upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/53038/793725

WIRELESS INDUSTRY CONGRESS 2003 - THE ULTIMATE WIRELESS CONFERENCE
WIC is a Premier event held in Ottawa, the Canadian High Tech Valley, between Sept
21-23rd 2003. It brings together Investors looking for new ideas, Startups seeking
funds, OEMs searching for acquisition opportunities, Service Providers looking for
new applications and services, all under one roof. It is a great opportunity to
network, exchange ideas and make business alliances. This 3-day conference
includes over 150 presentations, Exhibitions, Tutorials, Plenary Sessions, &
Keynote Speeches from Industry Leaders. Please visit
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/53039/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/