Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Major Problems with Cingular Network

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:15:34 -0000

According to the wild kids over at slashdot.org:

Major Problems with Cingular Network

from the can-you-hear-me-now dept.
Wabin writes "It looks like the Cingular GSM network is having 
serious trouble. My phone stopped working today completely, though 
my wife's was still able to make outgoing calls. Talking to tech 
support, they claimed some kind of massive failure across the 
country starting around 4PM yesterday and possibly a virus attack. 
Howard Forums is all abuzz, but there really doesn't seem to be any 
hard info. Glad I haven't totally given up the land line yet... 
redundancy is good."

see: http://slashdot.org/articles/03/09/27/2217206.shtml?
tid=100&tid=137&tid=193

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:44:26 -0400

With the introduction of devices like Moto's smart phone that incorporates a Microsoft like operating system we will start seeing virus attacks at the Subscriber level in the next year or sooner.
Hackers will take malicious viruses to a new level once the discover over the air vulnerabilities of each network. In the late 1990's we had a cellsite Hi-Jacked by a former employee turned hacker. He later passed his intimate knowledge to other hackers and the network was subject to various limited attacks. This was the 1st over the air attack I saw on  a CDMA network. The FBI caught the former employee, Nortel loaded a "patch" and the problem was solved.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG