Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "SCAM PLAN" newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:09:04 -0400

"SCAM PLAN" newsletter
Like I said: Things are going to get Ugly.

Nextel has started "SPAMING" significant members is the Wireless Industry with
UNSOLICITED newsletters in a FUTILE attempt to win support for the "Scam Plan".

I received numerous inquires from Nextel-1, WFHSG concerning how their email
address was obtained and how is the sponser.While the front page may suggest it
was sponsored by a  "Public Safety" organization this is nothing but Nextel
rhetoric in disguise.

It is deployable that Public Safety has "Sold Out" to Nextel and  allowed itself
to be manipulated for the "BAD" of the public.

                               Project Consensus

  Greetings,

                                                  Interference in the recent
                                                  news:
    Welcome!
                                                     * "Radioheads: Nextel
   If you or a fellow officer, partner or              Plan Would Ease
   co-worker has experienced radio interference        Bandwith Crunch for
   on the job or are concerned about this              First Responders,"
   dangerous issue, you&rsquo;ll want to keep          Alice Lipowicz, CQ
   reading.                                            Homeland Security -
                                                       Local Response,
   Interference is a major problem that                9/3/03
   threatens public safety professionals and the     * &ldquo;OET Engineers
   people they protect all across the country          Advise Staff On Rival
   (see map, below, or find your locale at             800 MHz Band
   www.projectconsensus.org).                          Plans,&rdquo;
                                                       Telecommunications
   Your help is needed. Now that Congress is           Reports , 9/1/03
   back in session, this newsletter will update      * "Towers Jamming
   you on what APCO, IACP, IAFC, Nextel, PCIA          Police Radios,"
   and dozens of others are doing to remedy            Indianapolis Star,
   interference in a national comprehensive            8/30/03
   manner.                                           * more

   Supporters of the &ldquo;Consensus             FCC Chairman Michael
   Plan&rdquo; are working with the Federal       Powell, on the topic of
   Communications Commission (FCC) and Congress   interference:
   to try and make sure that first responders
   and others no longer have communications       &ldquo;This may be on the
   problems due to the fact their radio           most challenging spectrum
   frequencies are interwoven with those used by  policy proceedings that
   commercial wireless carriers.                  will ever come before this
                                                  Commission&rdquo;
   But the FCC and Congress need to hear from     (Communications Daily,
   you. They need to know what&rsquo;s at stake.  8/1/03) full article
   And only your letters, calls, or signatures
   on petitions can do this. Until they hear for  Most recent filings
   themselves that cops, firefighters, 911        highlighting the dangerous
   operators and others are having trouble doing  problem of interference:
   their jobs because they can&rsquo;t
   communicate clearly, regulators may decide        * Columbus, OH
   against a comprehensive solution to               * Contra Costa, CA
   interference.                                     * Anne Arundel County,
                                                       MD
   It&rsquo;s a complex issue, with a lot of         * Orange County, CA
   technical aspects to it. So, APCO, IAFC, IACP     * Fort Lauderdale, FL
   and others have developed a website to help       * more
   you better understand the issues
   (www.projectconsensus.org). But on another     To sign a petition or send
   level, it&rsquo;s quite simple: public safety  a letter, click here, or
   professionals can&rsquo;t always hear each     visit
   other. If you want to change that, then help   www.projectconsensus.org.
   make sure that the FCC and Congress can hear
   you by going to www.projectconsensus.org to    To find out more about who
   find out more information, sign petitions or   supports the Consensus
   send e-mails to Washington.                    Plan and why, click here.

                      [Image]                     To find out where
                                                  interference is a problem,
                                                  click here.

    Questions? Comments? Get in touch with us at [email-masked]

  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.
  [Image] Tell-a-friend!

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Consensus
  Plan Supporters.

  If you would like to unsubscribe from Consensus Plan Supporters, or update
  your account settings, please click here or respond to this email with
  "REMOVE" as the subject line.