Subject: [NEXTEL-1] TAKING IT TO THE STREETS:A GUIDE TO WIDE AREA WIRELESS FOR THE NON-TECHNICAL BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 04:36:51 -0400

TAKING IT TO THE STREETS:
A GUIDE TO WIDE AREA
WIRELESS FOR THE
NON-TECHNICAL BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL

http://epsfiles.intermec.com/eps_files/eps_wp/TakingItToTheStreets_wp_web.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Todd Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:21:54 -0500

No mention of Ultra Wideband.

[email-masked] wrote:

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ADVERTISEMENT
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1707367802:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=124j83ehr/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595055> 
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service 
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

---

From: "Harry Ekelund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 13:49:46 -0700

Just got this unsolicited. No idea where it came from or where the sender
got my e-mail address
   Project Consensus

                    Greetings,

                           Welcome!
                          If you or a fellow officer, partner or co-worker
has experienced radio interference on the job or are concerned about this
dangerous issue, you’ll want to keep reading.

                          Interference is a major problem that threatens
public safety professionals and the people they protect all across the
country (see map, below, or find your locale at www.projectconsensus.org).

                          Your help is needed. Now that Congress is back in
session, this newsletter will update you on what APCO, IACP, IAFC, Nextel,
PCIA and dozens of others are doing to remedy interference in a national
comprehensive manner.

                          Supporters of the “Consensus Plan” are working
with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Congress to try and
make sure that first responders and others no longer have communications
problems due to the fact their radio frequencies are interwoven with those
used by commercial wireless carriers.

                          But the FCC and Congress need to hear from you.
They need to know what’s at stake. And only your letters, calls, or
signatures on petitions can do this. Until they hear for themselves that
cops, firefighters, 911 operators and others are having trouble doing their
jobs because they can’t communicate clearly, regulators may decide against a
comprehensive solution to interference.

                          It’s a complex issue, with a lot of technical
aspects to it. So, APCO, IAFC, IACP and others have developed a website to
help you better understand the issues (www.projectconsensus.org). But on
another level, it’s quite simple: public safety professionals can’t always
hear each other. If you want to change that, then help make sure that the
FCC and Congress can hear you by going to www.projectconsensus.org to find
out more information, sign petitions or send e-mails to Washington.

                          Interference in the recent news:

                            a.. "Radioheads: Nextel Plan Would Ease Bandwith
Crunch for First Responders," Alice Lipowicz, CQ Homeland Security - Local
Response, 9/3/03
                            b.. “OET Engineers Advise Staff On Rival 800 MHz
Band Plans,” Telecommunications Reports , 9/1/03
                            c.. "Towers Jamming Police Radios," Indianapolis
Star, 8/30/03
                            d.. more
                          FCC Chairman Michael Powell, on the topic of
interference:

                          “This may be on the most challenging spectrum
policy proceedings that will ever come before this Commission”
(Communications Daily, 8/1/03) full article

                          Most recent filings highlighting the dangerous
problem of interference:

                            a.. Columbus, OH
                            b.. Contra Costa, CA
                            c.. Anne Arundel County, MD
                            d.. Orange County, CA
                            e.. Fort Lauderdale, FL
                            f.. more
                          To sign a petition or send a letter, click here,
or visit www.projectconsensus.org.

                          To find out more about who supports the Consensus
Plan and why, click here.

                          To find out where interference is a problem, click
here.

                    Questions? Comments? Get in touch with us at
[email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------
                    Visit the web address below to tell your friends about
this.
                     Tell-a-friend!

                    If you received this message from a friend, you can sign
up for Consensus Plan Supporters.
                    If you would like to unsubscribe from Consensus Plan
Supporters, or update your account settings, please click here or respond to
this email with "REMOVE" as the subject line.