Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola's Off Network Communication Tool For iDEN to Debut in 2004

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:16:12 -0400

Wireless Insider
Motorola's Off Network Communication Tool  For iDEN to Debut in 2004
September 17, 2003

PLANTATION, Fla.  – September 19, 2003 – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) and Nextel
Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXTL) have developed an iDEN® based Communication
tool specifically targeted at Public Safety and Construction users. The new tool
labelled "Moto Talk" (Simplex Talk-Around) offers off-network Direct Connect®
capabilities. The new feature this will allow peer-to-peer conversations between
Nextel users without the need for network support.

Motorola has designed three new handsets featuring "Moto Talk" tentatively
identified as the i315, i325ps, and i335ps. The first handset scheduled to be
released is the i315, featuring a rugged design for harsh and demanding
environments. The i325 will feature AFU  (Advanced Feature Unit) capabilities in a
rugged and durable phone. It will also support Nextel's widely used "Java"
applications, which allows subscriber to select task specific applications.
Motorola's i335 features a rugged handset with Moto-Talk, AFU, Java and Large
Color Screen. Roll out of these new units is expected to begin as early as June
2004.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20. Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:59:03 -0400

I meet with a few of the iDEN guys this week to see a simulation of  Motorola's "Moto Talk". It was very interesting. To protect the identity of the
Engineers  they asked me not to publish the specific documents related to the product, however they did provide me with a document that describes the
same operation in a FDMA environment that can be implemented under iDEN.

It is absolutely clear that Nextel PLANS TO TAKE OVER the Private Wireless Industry.

Helping Nextel in any fashion will just accelerate this process. All I can say is Private Wireless watchout.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->