Subject: [NEXTEL-1] TimmyConfirms Strong Business Trends; Nextel is Firmly On-track to Achieve 2003 Guidance-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:31:10 -0400

TimmyConfirms Strong Business Trends; Nextel is Firmly On-track to Achieve 2003
Guidance-

BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 8, 2003--Speaking at the Morgan Stanley Global
Media & Communications Conference, Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: NXTL)
President and CEO Tim Donahue will inform investors of the company's strong
business trends and will reaffirm its full-year 2003 guidance. In addition,
Donahue will discuss the company's plans for expanding its competitive advantage
through advanced products and services, network quality and customer care.
"Following our record performance in the second quarter of 2003, Nextel's robust
business trends are continuing in the third quarter. These trends include strong
subscriber and revenue growth, and a continuation of our industry-leading
operating income margins before depreciation and amortization," said Tim Donahue.
"Nextel is firmly on track to achieve our 2003 guidance."

Nextel provides differentiated wireless services to more than 11.7 million
high-value subscribers. The company continues to enhance Nationwide Direct
Connect(SM) -- the long-range digital walkie-talkie service that allows customers
to reach each other instantly without dialing a phone number -- by expanding this
service across the U.S.  border into Mexico. Nextel is also preparing to launch a
new line of sleek wireless phones next month with enhanced battery life, location
capabilities, a new voice coder that will nearly double the cellular calling
capacity of Nextel's nationwide network.

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=nxtl&script=410&layout=-6&item_id=446391

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/