Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CDMA2000 growth rises sharply

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:51:44 -0400

CDMA2000 growth rises sharply

The CDMA Development Group (CDG) has said that the 3G CDMA2000 subscriber base
reached 54 million in June, an
increase of nearly four million from the previous month. CDMA2000 and cdmaOne
carriers combined added nearly 10
million subscribers in the second quarter of 2003, bringing the total number of
users to 164 million.

"3G CDMA2000 continues to dominate the global market for advanced wireless
services," said Perry LaForge, executive
director of the CDG. "Operators worldwide recognize CDMA2000's competitive
advantage and one-third of cdmaOne
subscribers have already migrated to CDMA2000 services."

"The CDMA market share will continue to expand rapidly, doubling within the next
four years," said Ken Hyers, senior
analyst, In-Stat/MDR. "As the single most dominant airlink in the United States,
coupled with the advances in Southern
and Southeast Asia, the future looks very bright for CDMA."

Asia Pacific is the fastest growing CDMA2000 region in the world, fueled by
subscriber expansion in the key markets of
Japan, China and India.

North America, which is the largest market for CDMA, continues to grow with nearly
69 million subscribers, increasing at
24% per year. There were 21 million CDMA2000 subscribers in North America at the
end of June. Sprint reported that at
the end of 2Q 2003, nearly 2.1 million of its CDMA2000 customers were subscribers
of PCS VisionSM, its advanced
wireless data service.

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9703.shtml

Posted to the site on 12-Sep-03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/