Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cellular Design Services Launches In-Building Coverage Planner

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:15:11 -0400

Cellular Design Services Launches In-Building Coverage Planner

Cellular Design Services (CDS) unveiled its new software tailored to ensure that
in-building systems meet coverage requirements while deployment costs are
minimized. The software, known as IBiSA, provides precise forecasts of coverage
characteristics of a proposed in-building system. IBiSA enables the designer to
effectively minimize the system cost involved in attaining the required levels of
coverage and capacity.

==================================================================================

In-building coverage planner launched

Cellular Design Services (CDS) has launched IBiSA, a unique software tool for
ensuring that in-building systems meet
coverage requirements while minimising the cost of deployment. IBiSA is applicable
to a wide range of wireless
technologies, including 2G, 3G, TETRA and Wireless LAN. It provides rapid and very
accurate prediction of the coverage
characteristics of a proposed in-building system, enabling the designer to
minimise the system cost involved in reaching
the required levels of coverage and capacity.

IBiSA builds on two elements developed uniquely at CDS. Firstly, CDS' experience
of over 250 in-building projects,
including the world's busiest airport and the UK's tallest building. Secondly, a
patented technology developed by CDS
and known as Measurement-based Prediction, MbP, which takes simple site surveys
and predicts radio wave propagation characteristics throughout a building, even
for antenna locations which were not initially tested.

Professor Simon Saunders, CDS' Chief Technical Officer, said, "The complexity of
the in-building environment has meant
that no reliable planning tools for the in-building environment have previously
been produced. The cost of in-building
systems has been greater than necessary, as system design has relied entirely on
the experience and intuition of the
design engineer. This has limited the growth of in-building systems, and has meant
that in-building users have had to put
up with incidental coverage provided almost entirely by outdoor cells. We have
learnt the lessons of the in-building
environment over the last five years, and can now provide access to this
experience via the MbP technology used within
IBiSA. Typically, we find that coverage can be provided with 25% less antennas
than the conventional approach."

Posted to the site on 09-Sep-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9680.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 06:10:00 -0700

I checked this out and it does not appear to be an announcement for
software available to the public. Instead it just means they are using
software they developed for their own use.

I guess the rest of the world will continue using one of the few
industry accepted standards like Wireless Valley software.
=============================================

[email-masked] wrote:

Cellular Design Services (CDS) unveiled its new software tailored to
ensure that
in-building systems meet coverage requirements while deployment costs
are
minimized. The software, known as IBiSA, provides precise forecasts of
coverage
characteristics of a proposed in-building system. IBiSA enables the
designer to
effectively minimize the system cost involved in attaining the required
levels of
coverage and capacity.

 
Cellular Design Services (CDS) has launched IBiSA, a unique software
tool for ensuring that in-building systems meet coverage requirements
while minimising the cost of deployment. IBiSA is applicable to a wide
range of wireless technologies, including 2G, 3G, TETRA and Wireless
LAN. It provides rapid and very accurate prediction of the coverage
characteristics of a proposed in-building system, enabling the designer
to minimise the system cost involved in reaching the required levels of
coverage and capacity.

IBiSA builds on two elements developed uniquely at CDS. Firstly, CDS'
experience of over 250 in-building projects.......

blah, blah, blah