Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Consensus Plan = Nextel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:35:22 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Gary Allen <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Consensus Plan = Nextel

Regarding the Projectconsensus.org  and Consensusplan.com Web sites:

During the August annual conference of APCO in Indianapolis, two 
persons staffed a small table outside the main ballroom and promoted 
the then-new Projectconsensus.org Web site. The two were handing out 
small cards with, "There's a Reason It's Called the Consensus Plan" 
on one side, and "The Problem" and "The Solution" on the other. They 
were at the table even as FCC chair Michael Powell walked past to 
give a special 20-minute speech inside the room. I didn't notice if 
Mr. Powell was given a card! I questioned them about who they worked 
for, and they initially tried to say they were there as part of some 
"joint" group. When I asked who signed their paycheck, they finally 
said they worked for Nextel.

But then, there were also supporters of the "Balanced Approach" at 
the conference, and who attended a panel discussion on the subject of 
800 MHz interference. Overall, there was lots of lobbying going on...

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:50:16 -0400

A true "lobbyist" does not use Smoke & Mirrors to hide their identity. True "Players"
must register with the local/State government. But we all know Nexthelll does not follow the rules when they can
slither under the door.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG