Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Public Safety Radio System Vision Becomes Reality

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:28:20 -0400

Public Safety Radio System Vision Becomes Reality

Lowndes County, Georgia – 10 Sept. 2003 - Officials from Lowndes County and the
City of Valdosta, assisted by members of the 911 Advisory Board and Motorola,
today will officially unveil the agencies’ Motorola digital, trunked 800 MHz radio
system to support public safety. The new voice and data system employs enhanced
digital technology to provide consistent coverage throughout Lowndes County.

“The Public Safety Radio System is an important improvement in public safety and
officer safety. This modern communications system gives our emergency responders
the very best communications possible, thus increasing their effectiveness and
efficiency in responding to the safety needs of our citizens,” said 911 Emergency
Management Director Nick Lacey.
The $7.4 million system serving Lowndes County, Valdosta, Hahira and Remerton,
Georgia, was purchased
with Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax IV tax revenue, interest monies and
grant funds, with the
remaining balance supported jointly by Lowndes County and the City of Valdosta.
The Lowndes County 911
Advisory Board, consisting of leaders representing all public safety agencies in
Lowndes County, including fire, law enforcement and ambulance responders, provided
the vision, research, coordination and inspiration for this multi-jurisdictional
project.

The new system, because of its trunked feature, provides an excellent platform for
expanded modern
communications for other government agencies in the greater Lowndes area as well
as facilitating 800 MHz,
digital radio coverage outside of Lowndes County, in cooperation with state and
other local governments.

# # #

Media Contacts:
Paige Dukes, Public Information
Lowndes County
(229) 671-2413 or 1-888-211-5306
[email-masked]
www.lowndescounty.com

Steve Gorecki
Motorola, Inc.
(847) 538-0368
[email-masked]

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,,3231_2661_23,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/