Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Rat Shack Cuts 373 Jobs-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 21:53:01 -0400

San Antonio Express-News

Web Posted : 08/30/2003 12:00 AM

RadioShack cuts 373 factory jobs

RadioShack Corp., the No. 3 U.S. consumer electronics chain, is cutting 373
manufacturing jobs in Texas and North Carolina as it contracts out production of
items such as television antennas to concentrate on its stores.

The company wouldn't disclose severance or other costs. They were included in
RadioShack's profit forecasts, said spokeswoman Kay Jackson. The Fort Worth-based
company has 35,000 employees.

Jackson said the company told employees at Tandy Wire & Cable that 176 workers
would be fired as work at two facilities in Fort Worth is consolidated into one,
and that 19 were being let go at RadioShack Store Fixtures.

This month the company announced it was closing TDP Electronics near Asheville,
N.C., affecting 147 employees. It said it would cut 31 employees at a sign-making
operation in Arlington.
Oil, gas rig count up by 20 to 1,102

http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=0&xlc=1047466

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/