Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] readme: This old list is going away.

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:09:04 +0200

Steven M. Glass wrote:
>         MIPshop - Mobile IP Signaling
>                   & Handoff Operation - [email-masked] [1]
>         MIPshop - http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop [1]

...

>     [1] Technically this WG/alias hasn't been officially approved, but 
> subscription information is in place, and it is expected to materialize 
> shortly.

One small clarification: the alias is fine, what we expect to materialize
soon is the status of mipshop as a WG. In the meantime, discussion can
continue there just as it does for all other BoFs.

But, I mainly want to thank Steve on behalf of the working group
for all his efforts and many hours of support!

tnx,

-gabriel

---

From: "Steven M. Glass" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:03:19 -0400

Current subscribers to [email-masked]:

     It's been quite a run, but as you all know the Mobile IP Working 
Group has divided in three, and with the newly created lists dividing 
the discussions of Mobile IP topics, it's time to retire this now 
redundant alias.  In one week, on Friday, September 26th, 2003, the 
alias known as [email-masked] will be retired, and 
replaced with an auto-responder for a period of at least 3 months, but 
likely not more than 6 months.  If you wish to participate in IETF 
discussions on mobile-ip, you'll have to subscribe to one or more of 
the new aliases.

     The new Working Groups and aliases are as follows [1]:

         MIPv4   - Mobile IP v4 issues - [email-masked]
         MIPv6   - Mobile IP v6 issues - [email-masked]
         MIPshop - Mobile IP Signaling
                   & Handoff Operation - [email-masked] [1]

     Subscription Information for the above lists can be found at:

         MIPv4   - http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
         MIPv6   - http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6
         MIPshop - http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop [1]

     At this time it's unclear where the archives for this alias will 
end up.  It would seem that since all of the above are equally 
relevant, none are uniquely appropriate (if even available).  Other 
possibilities will have to be explored...

                                Sincerely,
                                     Steven M. Glass
                                     owner-mobile-ip  T-7 days