Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Demonstrates Leadership in China Market for Digital Trunked Radio Applications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:16:11 -0400

Motorola Demonstrates Leadership in China Market for Digital Trunked Radio
Applications China’s Police, Rail and Commercial clients enhance their services
with customised Motorola TETRA and
iDEN solutions

BEIJING, — September 26, 2003 ¾ Motorola’s (NYSE:MOT) Commercial, Government, and
Industrial Solutions Sector today showcased its leadership in advanced TETRA
(TErrestrial Trunked RAdio) and iDEN (integrated Digital Enhanced Network) digital
trunked radio systems and localised applications that were jointly developed with
local developers at the Digital Trunked Radio Communications Technologies and
Applications Summit held in Beijing from September 25-26, 2003. The product
showcase also included new radio terminals with significant added functionality
and a new Chinese interface for greater ease-of-use.  Motorola has made
substantial inroads into the Chinese market, establishing market leadership in the
past two years through its strong capabilities in localising products and
customising applications for specific customer requirements.
Leow Foon-Lee, vice president of Motorola Asia Pacific and president of Motorola
CGISS - China, expressed
much optimism for the future growth of the digital trunked radio communications
market in China. “With the
continuous growth of the Chinese economy, the digital trunked radio market has
shown great potential for
expansion. The rapid transition towards a digital economy also provides an ideal
environment for the
exponential growth of digital trunked radio in China,” Mr. Leow noted

“The successful application of Motorola’s iDEN and TETRA technologies in the
global marketplace, as well as the strong adoption of iDEN and TETRA solutions in
China, is proof of Motorola’s technological strength and its full commitment to
the China market. Motorola’s success with localisation puts us in a unique
position to address customer demands in the current market growth conditions,“ Mr.
Leow said. “We are confident that Motorola is fully empowered to continue
providing Chinese customers with superior solutions and applications, and shaping
the landscape of the digital trunked radio development in China.”

As a global leader in digital trunked radio communications, Motorola’s clear TETRA
market leadership includes receiving numerous TETRA contracts worldwide including
key markets in Asia ¾ China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan.
Motorola has also established a track record of industry firsts with milestone
TETRA contracts across 35 countries globally. In addition, the number of global
iDEN customers has exceeded 15 million.

In China, Motorola has an established TETRA market leadership in terms of both
number of contracts and customers. Notably, Motorola has been awarded TETRA
contracts from the Hong Kong Police, Tianjin Light Rail, Beijing Metro - Batong
Line, Xinchang Railway, Guangzhou Metro and Taiwan Railway Corporation. The TETRA
systems for Beijing Light Rail, Guangzhou Metro and Shanghai Police (2nd Phase)
have undergone testing and acceptance.

Motorola’s customisation efforts also extend to radio subscriber units. The
Chinese language interface, graphical transmission and end-to-end encryption are
key features of Motorola two-way radios that are custom-made for the China market.
In addition, the iDEN handsets feature trendy form factors, an extra-large colour
screen, imbedded browsing, and GPS and Java capabilities.

As part of Motorola’s local TETRA and iDEN application development programs, the
company has established a technology and expertise-sharing platform for local
partners to gain access to Motorola’s technology and marketing support. To date,
Motorola has forged strong partnerships with local businesses including Lanxin,
Shanghai Sanji, Zhongruite, Shanghai Liangzi Guangdian for digital trunked radio
application development and implementation. Motorola’s strong collaboration with
local developers combined with its technology leadership and localisation
capabilities continues to drive its market leadership in China.

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,,3313_2733_23,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/