Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Lebanese Network Consortium Bids for Iraqi License

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:08:40 -0400

Lebanese Network Consortium Bids for Iraqi License

Lebanese wireless network operator, LibanCell, submitted a bid to install a
wireless network in Iraq. LibanCell is supported by the Amira, Maymana and Shamara
Groups. Together, the consortium, called IrakCell, believes their strong presence
in the region and commitment to enable Iraqi citizens to communicate freely
wherever, whenever, makes their bid both acceptable and appealing to the U.S.-led
Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA). LibanCell says a partnership like theirs
will be key in successfully deploying, in record time, cellular services in the
middle-eastern nation.

============================================================
Lebanese network bidding for Iraqi license

IrakCell, a consortium of partners including Lebanon's LibanCell and the Amira,
Maymana and Shamara Groups, have announced their submission of a bid to install
and operate cellular phone services to the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA)
of Iraq.

"Freedom through communication to all is our pledge," said Hussein Rifai, chairman
and general manager of LibanCell, the operator in the license bid. "Communication
freely within Iraq and with the outside world is one of the most important
components of restoring the people of Iraq's freedom and liberty in their own eyes
and the eyes of the world," Hussein added.
"What makes our bid more acceptable to the people of Iraq is the investment
support of three significant Iraqi business groups who hold the long-term interest
of the future of this country and its people," said Ali Shamara, chairman of the
Shamara Group. The consortium additionally enjoys the support of the thousands in
the Iraqi-American community as it has enlisted as a shareholder The Amira Group,
a prominent member of the Iraqi-American Chamber of Commerce.

A company can only be as strong as the breadth of its partnerships. To ensure its
success, IrakCell is partnering with LibanCell and other worldwide leaders in
cellular technology and services, some of who have already begun building a strong
presence in Iraq. "Such partnerships will be key in successfully deploying, in
record time, cellular services in Iraq," said Hussein.

Posted to the site on 05-Sep-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9659.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/