Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Companies Team On PTT Spec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:23:34 -0400

Companies Team On PTT Spec
BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
SEPTEMBER 11, 2003

Ericsson, Motorola, Nokia and Siemens mobile announced the completion of a jointly
developed push-to-talk over cellular specification based on the IP multimedia
subsystem as defined by 3GPP.

The specification is designed to reduce marketplace fragmentation and provide end
users with a better push-to-talk experience wherever they travel in the world.
The companies say they formed the joint effort "to provide mobile operators with
the assurance of easy integration, global interoperability and a competitive
handset environment."

The specification has been submitted to the Open Mobile Alliance standards body
for review. Support for the spec also comes from AT&T Wireless, Cingular Wireless,
Sonim Technologies and Sony Ericsson.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=5&pubdate=09/11/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/