Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tricom Responds to Unusual Trading Activity

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:10:16 -0400

Tricom Responds to Unusual Trading Activity

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic, Sept. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
Tricom, S.A. (NYSE: TDR) today responded to an inquiry from the New York Stock
Exchange regarding the unusual trading activity in its common stock. The Company
stated that its normal policy is not to comment on unusual trading activity and
that it has not released any new information nor is it aware of any reasons for
today's unusual trading activity.

This press release should not be construed as reflecting any change in TRICOM's
policy regarding commenting upon the matters addressed above. The Company
disclaims any obligation to furnish updated or additional information with respect
to the matters addressed above or any other matters.

About TRICOM

Tricom, S.A. is a full service communications services provider in the
Dominican Republic. We offer local, long distance, mobile, cable television
and broadband data transmission and Internet services. Through Tricom USA, we
are one of the few Latin American based long distance carriers that is
licensed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to own and operate
switching facilities in the United States. Through our subsidiary, TCN
Dominicana, S.A., we are the largest cable television operator in the
Dominican Republic based on our number of subscribers and homes passed. We
also offer digital mobile integrated services including two-way radio and
paging services in Panama using iDEN(R) technology. For more information about
Tricom, please visit http://www.tricom.net

Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements Statements in this press
release that are not strictly historical in nature are forward-looking statements.
These statements are only predictions based on current information and
expectations and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Actual events or
results may differ materially due to various factors. Factors which may cause
actual results to differ materially from those discussed herein include economic
considerations that could affect demand for telecommunications services and the
ability of the Company to make collections, inflation, regulatory factors, legal
proceedings, exchange controls and occurrences in currency markets, competition,
and the risk factors set forth in the Company's various filings with the
Securities and Exchange Commission, including its more recently filed Annual
Report on Form 20-F. The Company undertakes no obligation to revise these
forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date
hereof.
For additional information, please visit Tricom's Investor Relations website at
http://www.tdr-investor.com or contact our Investor Relations department at the
above numbers.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/