Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:17:48 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, September 23, 2003
================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------
Implement 99.999% High Availability for Communications Systems
----------------------------------------------------------------

GoAhead SelfReliant is platform-independent, high availability (HA) middleware
that manages the availability of reliable systems to ensure 99.999% uptime of
hardware, OS and applications. To further understand HA and SelfReliant, GoAhead
offers both free web seminars and a free 60-day evaluation download of software
via our website.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/54432/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) Mimix Broadband Raises $6.7 Million in Series B Funding
2) Radio Frequency Investigation Expands Services to Include 850 GSM RF Test
3) IEEE 802.15.3a Proposal Postponed Until November

---------------------------------------

1) Mimix Broadband Raises $6.7 Million in Series B Funding

Mimix Broadband, Inc. announced that it has secured $6.7 million in an initial
close of its second round of institutional funding. Proceeds will be used to
expand Mimix's product portfolio of highly integrated and high power monolithic
microwave integrated circuits (MMICs)...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/54413/793725

2) Radio Frequency Investigation Expands Services to Include 850 GSM RF Test

Radio Frequency Investigation (RFI) has upgraded its Anite RAMS hardware and
software to include RF testing for the 850 GSM band, making it the best-equipped
single site compliance laboratory in the world. RFI is now able to offer full quad
band testing for 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz bands for terminal manufacturers
marketing products worldwide...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/54414/793725

3) IEEE 802.15.3a Proposal Postponed Until November

The Intel, Texas Instruments-led Multiband-OFDM Alliance failed to confirm this
week a specification of the physical layer for the air-interface standard being
readied by the IEEE 802.15.3a working group. In a rapid-fire sequence of events,
the failure set the stage for what many believe will be the final showdown in
November...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/54415/793725

------------------------------------- 
MORE NEWS & COMMUNITY FEATURES
-------------------------------------  

Looking for even more wireless industry headlines, articles, and downloads? If so,
visit Wireless Design Online's News & Community page. Here you'll find all the
latest news, as well as links to new downloads, industry event listings,
discussion forums, and more. Visit the News & Community page today at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/54433/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) DFSD Synthesizer
2) SkyMate
3) Honeycomb Vent Panels
4) Solder-in Filters

---------------------------------------

1) DFSD Synthesizer

Elcom's series DFSD synthesizer offers switching speeds of 30 microseconds. The
small ruggedized package (4.00" x 3.75" x 1.20") is excellent for SATCOM, Wireless
Communication and Military applications (Ground and Airborne Up and Down
Converters)...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/54416/793725

2) SkyMate

SkyMate is another exciting member of Solectek Corporation's family of 11 Mbps
wireless networking products. It serves as a remote end (a CPE) of a
point-to-multipoint STAR network, and uses Solectek's SkyWay-Net as the BASE
station equipment...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/54417/793725

3) Honeycomb Vent Panels

MAJR's line of ready-to-install honeycomb cooling vents provide optimum EMI/RFI
shielding with minimum pressure drop for the ventilating air. This shielding
effectiveness is accomplished with waveguide design principles...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/54418/793725

4) Solder-in Filters

Many designers have opted to semi-integrate feedthrus by soldering feedthrus
directly into the housings. The solder-in feedthrus are available in a glass
forward or reverse seal. This feature offers improved hermetic qualities to
environmental conditions. Downloadable product catalog available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/54419/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
ReplayTV: CNet Ranked #1 over Tivo!
Instant Replay & Pause live TV.
Special Sale: 50% off!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UUMW7B/.5qGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/