Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Carriers Compete for Spectrum at the FCC

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:24:16 -0500

Carriers Compete for Spectrum at the FCC

Wireless spectrum allocation discussions continue as wireless carriers
plead
their positions to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Two key
issues under consideration are the NextWave Telecom spectrum and the
Nextel proposal to trade 10.5 MHz spectrum in the 800 MHz band for 10
MHz
of bandwith in the 1.9 GHz band. NextWave sold spectrum to Cingular
Wireless for $1.4 billion and Verizon Wireless is a likely suitor for
what's left of
NextWaves allocation as Verizon Wireless expands its wireless broadband
service. Nextel is proposing the swap to eliminate potential
interference with
public safety communications. (Source: Communications Convergence)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/