Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Moto-talk

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 05:23:21 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Nextel to unveil 'off-network' PTT (simplex?) feature on
its walkie...

As a general rule, an EA license would permit the type of operation that
you 
describe (i.e. non-repeater operation) on the same frequencies and in
the same 
geographic area as the EA licensee has authorization for, without any 
additional authorization.

Alan T.

In a message dated 3/20/2004 10:14:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
Anyone have the details on this?  Did they add an FRS radio to the iDEN 
handset?   (I'm only half kidding...)

I assume SMR EA licenses allow for this type of operation.  I have 
heard rumors to the effect that Southern Linc already offers this 
service, though I'm not convinced the person I heard it from wasn't 
confusing this with iDEN Independent Site Operation.  (ISO allows 
handsets to continue to operate if the cell site their operating on 
loses connectivity with the rest of the network.)  If an EA license 
doesn't allow for this operation, how do SMRs handle talkaround? 
(Forgive me, my LMR experience is on the private wireless side of the 
house...)  Is there such thing as an SMR itinerant license?  Just 
curious...

--zawada

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/