Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Announces Selection of Texas Instruments Digital Signal Processor for Next Generation Subscriber Radios

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:43:37 -0500

EFJohnson Announces Selection of Texas Instruments Digital Signal
Processor for Next Generation Subscriber Radios

WASHINGTON, March 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- EFJ, Inc. (Nasdaq: EFJI)
announced today that its EFJohnson subsidiary has selected Texas
Instruments' (TI) TMS320C5510 digital signal processor for its signal
processing engine in the company's new line of infrastructure products.
EFJohnson will be able to bring products to market more quickly by
reusing proven signal processing algorithms based on the C5510
processor, which is also used in the company's Project 25 subscriber
radios.
EFJohnson's subscriber radios are used throughout the world by military,
police, fire, paramedics, and homeland security professionals. These
radios include the 5100 series portable radio (a rugged, lightweight and
versatile radio that is Project 25 compatible and supports SMARTNET(R)
and SmartZone(R) protocols), and the 5300 series mobile radio (a Project
25 compliant analog/digital mobile radio).

"EFJohnson is proud to deepen its relationship with an established
industry leader such as Texas Instruments," said Michael E. Jalbert,
chairman and chief executive officer of EFJ, Inc. "Texas Instruments has
always provided excellent service and an innovative roadmap in support
of EFJohnson's product strategy."

TI processors have been part of EFJohnson radios for many years. Raj
Agrawala, C5000 marketing manager for TI, said "TI's processors offer
high performance with low power consumption, which will help EFJohnson
develop powerful, secure, and versatile communications solutions for
public safety." According to Ken Wasko, senior vice president of
operations for EFJohnson, the TI processor provides increased
integration and improved low-power performance. Wasko said, "Using the
TI TMS320C55X(TM) DSP generation enables us to leverage our extensive
code base and take advantage of TI's leading process and product
technology."

EFJohnson provides digital Project 25 compliant interoperable wireless
communications systems solutions for federal, state and local agencies
involved with homeland security and public safety. EFJohnson, founded in
1923, was one of the first developers of wireless communications
products to be fully compliant with federal government interoperability
specifications. The company designs, manufactures, and markets
conventional and trunked radio systems, land mobile radio repeaters and
mobile and portable radios. For more information, visit
http://www.efjohnson.com.

EFJ, Inc. is the holding company of industry-leading wireless
telecommunications equipment and solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home
to the EFJohnson Company, one of the first developers of Project 25
mobile communications products compliant with federal government
interoperability standards, and Transcrypt International, a leader in
secure voice communication solutions. EFJ, Inc. has a team in place with
experience in telecommunications and government sales. EFJohnson and
Transcrypt International are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc. For
more information, visit http://www.efji.com.

EFJ, Inc. is a member of the TI DSP third party program, the most
extensive collection of global DSP development support in the industry.
With more than 650 independent companies and consultants, TI's customers
have easy access to a broad range of application software, development
hardware and software and consulting services. For more information on
the TI third party program, please visit http://www.ti.com/3p.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK3.story&STORY=/www/story/03-11-2004/0002126544&EDATE=THU+Mar+11+2004,+10:27+AM

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/