Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Northern Virginia Technology Council & Flarion

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 23:59:58 -0500

IT & Telecommunications "What's Next"

Presented by NVTC's IT & Telecommunications Committee.

Date:
March 5, 2004

Time:
7:30 am Registration
8:00 - 9:30 am Program

Title:
Wireless 2004: The convergence of new technologies, business
models, killer apps and new regulations

Description:
2003 represented a year of significant change for the wireless
industry. The buildout of 2.5/3G networks was largely finalized,
wireless phones became increasingly ubiquitous, and local number
portability became reality. At the same time, the overall economy
saw an initial lift from the challenging slowdown of the previous
two years. Looking forward, the wireless industry is set to seize
upon the investments made to date and the growing economy as
the building blocks for an exciting 2004. Topics likely to generate
the most buzz in the coming months include:
* “Smile for my camera phone …” - Emerging security and
privacy issues
* “Was this supposed to be easy?” - Local number portability:
theory and practice
* “Beam me up …” - the impact of 3G, GPS, RFID and other
wireless services on the end user
* “Can you find me now?” - Maturation of killer applications
including location management, video and "push to talk"

Come and listen to a panel of industry leaders provide their
perspectives on which trends will materialize, and synthesize the
real impact to companies like yours, as you evaluate where to
invest your resources in the new year.

Moderator:
Greg Chiasson
Principal, Worldwide Communications and Electronics Practice
PRTM

Panelists:
Meredith Attwell
Senior Advisor to the Acting Assistant Secretary
National Communications and Information Administration (NTIA)
Greg Santoro
Vice President, Internet Wireless Services (IWS)
Nextel Communications
Lars Johnsson
Co-Founder & Director of Product Planning & Marketing
Flarion Technologies
Steven Stravitz
Vice President, Marketing & Strategy
LCC International

Speaker Bios

Platinum Sponsors:
Gardner Carton & Douglas LLP; Kenyon & Kenyon

Gold Sponsor:
Morrison & Foerster LLP

Silver Sponsors:
Alston & Bird LLP; Cox Communications; GrayCary;
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP; Wiley Rein & Fielding LLP

Bronze Sponsor:
Siemens Information and Communication Networks, Inc.

To sponsor this event click here

Location:
The Ritz-Carlton
1700 Tysons Blvd., McLean, VA
Directions to The Ritz-Carlton

Cost:
$35 Members / $70 Non-Members

Member Log-on and Registration

General Registration (non-members and NVTC members
who do not have a log-in)

NVTC Business Partners:
CSC; Deloitte; Ernst & Young; Heidrick & Struggles; Information
Management Consultants, Inc.; KPMG LLP; Lee Technologies;
NEXTEL; PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP; Russell Reynolds
Associates; SAIC; ShawPittman LLP; Venable LLP; Virginia's
Center for Innovative Technology

Registration Policies

Registration
All attendees must have a paid registration to enter an event.
Advance registration and payment is required. Pre-registration
will close 24/48 hrs prior to the event. Once pre-registration has
closed, all registrations will be considered a "walk-in registration"
and will be assessed an additional $10 fee to any payment
rendered. Events for which payment is not required, will not be
assessed such a fee.

Cancellations
Cancellations must be made in writing and sent to
[email-masked] more than two business days in advance in
order to receive a refund. No-shows will not receive a refund.

Confirmations and Receipts
NVTC provides registration confirmations ONLY upon request. If
you would like to confirm your registration, please send your
request to [email-masked] and we will be happy to check
your registration status. Thank you.

http://online.nvtc.org/calendar/geteventinfo.cfm?event=ITT-5

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/