Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CTIA Wireless 2004 Wraps Up

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:06:12 -0500

CTIA Wireless 2004 Wraps Up
BY SUSAN RUSH
MARCH 24, 2004

Day 3: CTIA Wireless 2004 in Atlanta is beginning to wind down, but
products, deals and services continue to be announced. Here's a glimpse;
to access complete show coverage

Atlas Mobile, a provider of mobile, skills-based multiplayer tournament
games, and First Star Software, a multi-platform game publisher,
announced plans to co-publish Boulder Dash-Tournaments for Prizes for
BREW and J2ME mobile phones.

The action-puzzle game requires players to dig tunnels, collect diamonds
and dodge boulders. Mobile phone users can compete for prizes such as
CDs, DVDs and gift cards.

The game is slated for commercial release in second quarter 2004.

The Outfitters Association of America has called on Southern LINC to be
its exclusive wireless carrier. The three-year pact calls for OAOA staff
to sport handsets from Southern LINC -- the Motorola i530 and i730 --
when promoting outdoor education. Southern LINC also will be the
official sponsor of OAOA's World Record Exhibit Trailer, a mobile
exhibit featuring world-record deer, elk and fish.

Picostation, a Seattle-based mobile software company, unveiled its
mobile blogging technology for wireless devices. The PicoBlogger is an
advanced device side application that enables users to share, access and
manage multimedia content from any device. Unlike most current mobile
blogging that only allow users to one-way post via MMS, PicoBlogger
enables posts to be edited and deleted, hence enabling two-way mobile
blogging.  LG Mobile Phones announced it has captured 22 percent of the
global CDMA handset market and 24 percent of the U.S. CDMA market,
citing new numbers coming out of Strategy Analytics.

The company also said it is gearing up for the launch of a $300 million
branding campaign.  PocketX announced it has teamed up with Handango to
develop Handango's intelligent, on- device client, Handango InHand, for
Windows Mobile Smartphone.

The deal calls for the integration of PocketX's device-resident client
with Handango AMPP, Handango's application management and provisioning
platform. Handango InHand is designed to make downloading Handango
content titles a little easier. PocketX has been a Handango software
partner for more than three years.  Fox Sports Interactive Media and
Cingular Wireless announced the Virtual Crew Chief is returning for
racing fans. The wireless poll enables race fans to text message their
opinions of key moments and decisions during a NASCAR on Fox race.

To entice fans to participate, each text message sent in response to a
question during a NASCAR on Fox broadcast will be entered into a
sweepstakes to win an all-expense paid trip to Daytona Beach. The winner
also will be given the chance to driving school at the Richard Petty
Driving Experience.

Indian network operator BSNL has implemented Roamware's Roaming
Replicator, which will enable BSNL customers to get voice and data
services while roaming on GSM networks in more than 170 countries. The
roaming service is available to both post-paid and prepaid customers.
Inbound roamers from over 275 networks worldwide will be able to access
the same services, according to the companies.

Sprint announced the availability of its ninth camera phone, the Sprint
PCS Vision Picture Phone PM-6225 by Nokia.  The PM-6225 sports a VGA
camera, hands free speakerphone and an FM radio. The handset has a
suggested retail price of $229.99, but Sprint is offering it for $79.99,
after discounts.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=4&pubdate=03/24/04

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/