Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BearCom and Motorola Announce New Two-Way Radio for School, Hotel and Retail Use

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 00:05:34 -0500

Press Release
Source: BearCom Wireless Worldwide

BearCom and Motorola Announce New Two-Way Radio for School, Hotel and
Retail Use
Wednesday March 3, 5:24 pm ET

DALLAS, March 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Motorola and BearCom Wireless Worldwide,
a Dallas-based two-way radio and Nextel distributor, announced today the
launch of the new BC120 Business Portable two-way radio. The BC120 is a
small portable radio that was developed by Motorola.  BearCom is the
world's largest Motorola two-way radio dealer.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040303/DAW045 )

The BC120 is ideal for users in the education, retail and hospitality
industries that need a small, lightweight two-way radio that is easy to
use and maintain. The BC120 allows for hands-free operation so business
operators can focus on their work, not the operation of their radio.
Furthermore, the BC120 is perfect for businesses where several employees
may need to share a radio throughout the day, such as a retail store
environment or a restaurant where multiple users can cause added damage
and even loss -- therefore making the BC120's affordable price even more
attractive should a replacement be required.

The BC120 is feature rich, and includes:

--  16 channel capability
--  Powerful operation for indoor and outdoor environments:
--  VHF 5 Watt
--  UHF 4 Watt
--  Clear and easy-to-read 8 character alphanumeric display with
user-friendly icons
--  4 front programmable buttons, including
--  Priority Scan On/Off
--  Backlight On/Off
--  Adjustable power levels for extending battery life
--  Keypad lock
--  Voice-operated transmission (VOX), hands-free operation (with
additional audio accessories)
--  Long usage time: up to 8 Hours (high power - 5W/4W), and up to 11
hours of operation (low power - 2W)

BearCom President and co-owner, Jerry Denham, states that the BC120 is a
significant two-way radio introduction because of the many features of
the unit, and because Motorola has developed a radio and co-branded it
with the BearCom name. Denham further explains, "We believe that this is
the right radio for the education, hospitality and retail sectors
because of the portability and reliability of the unit. Additionally,
this unit makes a statement of our significant relationship with
Motorola. Buyers can purchase this radio knowing that it has passed
Motorola's rigorous environmental and durability tests, and quality
standards. I am confident that we have a winner here, and it will become
a staple in schools, retail outlets and hospitality venues."

BearCom, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is America's leading
distributor of wireless communication equipment including two-way
radios, handheld devices, Nextel digital phones and walkie-talkies, call
boxes, trunking systems, CCTV and accessories. For more than 22 years,
BearCom has provided solutions for education, hospitality, retail,
energy, security, business & construction, healthcare, shipping &
transportation, and a host of other markets.  BearCom sells, rents and
services through 26 US-based offices, and is Motorola's largest U.S.
dealer and a major dealer for Nextel and other wireless manufacturers.
www.BearCom.com
(800) 527-1670

Contact: Tom Renick
Director of Marketing
(214) 765-7544
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040303/daw045_1.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/