Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sales Suspended of New 3G Handset

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 01:55:22 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2004/6724.htm
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

Sasken

Free
eSeminar : Managing Wireless Data Networks

Anritsu

Free
UMTS Technical Note

Sales
Suspended of New 3G Handset

3rd March , 2004

ASIA
: NTT DoCoMo announced that the 3G FOMA F900i handset, which was released
on February 6, may have difficulties in automatically receiving incoming
e-mail under certain circumstances. DoCoMo is preparing a software
patch for download via the user's phone in early March. Sales of the
F900i were suspended today, but will be resumed once the updated handsets
are ready in early March.

The
3G FOMA F900i shown left.

All
other functions of the handset, including downloads via the i-mode®
center, e-mail, voice and video calls, web browsing and data communications,
work normally.

The
problem is due to a software bug that was discovered to be inhibiting
e-mails received automatically by the F900i. Users may run into this
problem in service areas under the following circumstances:

When
the handset is folded (closed) before the stand-by screen is displayed
while within the service area (The stand-by screen appears following
the consecutive appearance of the words "F900i" and "FOMA"
after the handset is switched on.)

When a folded handset turns on automatically while in the service
area through the automatic switch-on function

When a handset is switched on outside of the service area, but then
brought into the service area in its folded position

DoCoMo issued an advisory to F900i users today so that they may avert
this problem until the update software becomes available. Users are
recommended not to fold their handset before the antenna mark appears
on the stand-by screen after they first switch on their phones. When
the handset is switched on in an out-of-service area, the handset
should be switched on again once a service area is reentered. If the
handset automatically turns on due to its automatic switch-on setting,
users are asked to turn it off and then on again in the service area.

DoCoMo
will provide updated software that customers may download sometime
in mid-March. Users will be immediately notified of details via DoCoMo's
website and i-mode portal site. DoCoMo technical support staff will
work with customers who would like to have the software updated directly
at a DoCoMo shop location.

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Sales
Suspended of New 3G Handset

Sales
of the F900i were suspended today, but will be resumed once the updated
handsets are ready in early March.

Sony
Music Global Wireless Music Deal

T-Mobile
and Sony Music today announce the first global partnership between an
operator and a music label for the distribution of a broad array of mobile
music content

3G
Network Optimisation

This
latest release addresses the inefficiencies that make the most commonly
used web and email applications difficult to use when out of the office
and delivers up to a tenfold performance improvement over 3G, 2.5G and
other networks. The solution is easy to deploy and works with the enterprise's
existing security infrastructure."

Intel
Colloborate EDGE and 3G

In
3G, TTPCom and Intel are developing a complete dual-mode 3G/GSM platform
which enables mobile devices to handover seamlessly between existing GSM/GPRS
networks and new 3G networks.

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

Home
ProZone
Subscribe
To Newsletter 3G
Forum

Free
3G Phones

US
Zone ASIAZone
EuroZone
UKZone

3G
Phone Zone 3
3G
New Launches