Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Buyer Appointed To House Telecom Subcommittee

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 14:34:26 -0500

Buyer Appointed To House Telecom Subcommittee

Rep. Steve Buyer (R-Ind.) has been appointed to the House Commerce's
subcommittee on telecommunications and the Internet. Buyer will continue
to serve on subcommittee on health and the subcommittee on environment
and hazardous materials.

"The telecommunications industry faces enormous and exciting challenges,
all of which will test the bounds of science and government," Buyer said
Thursday (March 4) in a prepared statement. "I am pleased that the
committee members looked to me to help create more competition, less
regulation and lower costs to help grow Indiana's schools, businesses
and families."

Buyer was a member of the conference committee on the 1996
Telecommunications Act. Since then, he has been active in numerous
telecom issues, including offering an amendment to H.R. 1542, the
Internet Freedom and Broadband Deployment Act of 2001. The amendment
guaranteed that competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs) would have
access to customers served by Bell company high-speed networks under
FCC-regulated rates, terms, and conditions.

Buyer has also been active in Indiana, holding a DTV roundtable this
past December with representatives from the broadcasters, cable and
consumer electronics industries.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/