Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nexthell Hampers Firefighting Efforts.

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:35:40 -0500

This picture was taken on March 2, 2004, at the 
scene of a fire in Mesquite, Texas (near Dallas). 
When emergency personnel arrived, their 800 MHz 
radios were inoperable due to interference caused 
by Nextel transmissions from the pictured tower. 

In a twist of luck, the "first engine" was delayed. 
Otherwise, firefighters from the first engine would
have entered the flaming building immediately, 
without the ability to send or receive radio 
communications (e.g., an evacuation order). Radios 
at the scene either did not work at all, or received 
excessive "static". The interference was eliminated 
nine days later, after Nextel changed frequencies at 
the site.

For further information regarding this incident, contact 
Assistant Fire Chief Jimmy Roland, City of Mesquite 
Fire Department, 972-216-6306

picture:
http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6516083708

The Private Wireless Forum for Mobile Communication Professionals
Private Radio & Wireless Industry News, Views, Information & More
____________________________________________________________

- What have YOU done today to support, protect, and preserve the
PRIVATE Radio and Wireless community?

- Have you visited the PWF's updated Links area lately?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PrivateWirelessForum/links

- WARNING! Actions taken by the FCC may be hazardous to the
health & vitality of the electromagnetic spectum. Use at your own risk!
Get your copy of the graphic at:  http://tinyurl.com/2kvch

- Please spread the word about the Private Wireless Forum to other
industry professionals - email them the following subscription links:
via email: [email-masked]
via the web: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PrivateWirelessForum
  
Remember to TRIM (edit/cut/delete) all unnecessary portions of
messages you reply to. Thanks! 
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/