Subject: [NEXTEL-1] No "Air-Time" for Innovation

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:06:22 -0500

jack swift <[email-masked]>  
Date:  2004/03/04 Thu PM 12:33:55 EST 
Subject:  Re: No "Air-Time" for Innovation 

as a taxpayer, i'm very concerned about systems that require the cop on the
street and the fireman on the hose to buy a radio that is capable of
talking to the governor. that advanced capability costs 10 times what a
'simple portable radio' costs. as a 'second responder', i don't want to
have a gizmo that requires a refresher course before each use.

someone once said "all politics is local"; and in reality, disaster
response is also very local. no matter how many houses are burning down,
the fire is put out one house at a time by one team on each house.

much has been said about the communications during the 9/11 'events'.
however, no one has implied anything similar to "if the third fireman on
the 82nd floor had been able to talk directly to the president much of the
disaster could have been avoided".

while i accept that large cities may need different systems than the rural
areas do, i really wish 'you guys' who live/work/dream/scheme in the large
cities would accept that rural areas need their own type of unique systems.
in the worst 'disaster' we've had, we used less than 100 law/fire
responders (less than 10 were on payroll). 'you guys' have more than that
on duty when you have 'nothing going on'!

</rant> (sorry)

At 01:44 PM 3/4/04 -0000, you wrote:
>As a concerned career professional supporting local Public Safety 
>and First Responder organizations, I offer the concept of PSIMWVoIP 
>(Public Safety Interoperable Mobile Wireless Voice over IP).

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Jack Swift
I.E. Swift Co.              
402 Shelden Ave. 
Houghton, MI 49931
906-482-0530, 0531, 7766
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/