Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [justnetnews] NIJ Funding Opportunities

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:44:13 -0500

National Institute of Justice
 New Funding Opportunities

 The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) has recently issued
 the following solicitations. For additional guidance, please
 contact the U.S. Department of Justice Response Center at
 800-421-6770.

 Interoperable Voice Communication and Information Sharing:
 Research and Development, FY 2004
 Due Date: 9 p.m. eastern time, April 27, 2004

 NIJ seeks proposals for research in and development and/or
 demonstration of emerging technology solutions for
 interoperable voice communications and information sharing in
 public safety agencies. Through the AGILE Program, NIJ is
 interested in technologies that help public safety agencies
 address inadequate and unreliable wireless communications and
 information sharing and in understanding how these
 technologies could fit into a broader, national-level
 interoperability solution.

 Full text of solicitation:

    * ASCII Text File
    * Adobe Acrobat File

 Data Resources Program 2004: Funding for the Analysis of
 Existing Data
 Due Date: October 23, 2004

 With this solicitation, NIJ requests proposals to conduct
 original research using data from the National Archive of
 Criminal Justice Data (NACJD). NACJD houses quantitative and
 qualitative data from NIJ-sponsored research and makes it
 available online for downloading machine-readable copies (in
 SPSS, SAS or ASCII) together with data dictionaries and study
 abstracts. The archive is maintained by the Inter-University
 Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) at the
 University of Michigan and supported by NIJ. Learn more by
 visiting the Data Resources Program at
 www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/dataprog.htm

 Full text of solicitation:

    * ASCII Text File
    * Adobe Acrobat File

 Additional Information

 For more information about NIJ Funding Opportunities, please
 visit www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/funding.htm.

 --------------------------------------------------------------