Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Impact of Proposed FY 2005 Budget on State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance Programs

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:39:37 -0500

E X E C U T I V E S U M M A R Y

On February 2, President Bush released his proposed budget for the 2005
fiscal year. Over all, the President's budget
request totaled $2.4 trillion. For the Department of Justice, the
President requested $22.1 billion, a 12% increase over FY
2004. For the Department of Homeland Security, the President requested
$40.2 billion dollars, a 10% increase over FY 2004.
State and local law enforcement assistance programs did not fare well in
the proposed budget. Over all, funding levels for
assistance programs that are primarily designed to assist state and
local law enforcement agencies were reduced by $1.57 billion when
compared to FY 2004. This includes funding for assistance programs at
both the Department of Justice and
Department of Homeland Security.

If the proposed FY 2005 budget is enacted as submitted, law enforcement
assistance funding will
decline for the first time since the terrorist attacks of September 11,
2001.

http://www.theiacp.org/documents/pdfs/Publications/IACPBudgetReview%2Epdf

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/