Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Miami-Dade County-Radio System

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:13:30 -0500

Posted on Sun, Mar. 21, 2004

MIAMI BEACH

<SNIP>

IN OTHER ACTION

• The Commission also voted 6-0 to approve a resolution to end an
ongoing dispute with Miami-Dade County. Under the terms of the
resolution, the county has agreed to pay Miami Beach a disputed $15
million from tourist tax dollars, and to include another $55 million for
improvements to the Miami Beach Convention Center as part of a
billion-dollar bond initiative on the ballot in November.

• The Commission voted 5-0 to accept an offer from a radio system
provider to settle a lawsuit. MA-Com had challenged the city's April
2003 decision to accept competitor Motorola's bid to provide public
safety radio systems for the city's police, fire and code enforcement
officers.

MA-Com alleged the city's award of the contract to Motorola was
unlawful, and that the city's negotiations were conducted in violation
of the Sunshine Law.

The company withdrew its claim after a circuit court confirmed the city
did not violate the Sunshine Law.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/states/florida/counties/miami-dade/cities_neighborhoods/beaches/8234072.htm

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/