Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Mobile data kit for public safety introduced

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:28:02 -0000

Mobile data kit for public safety introduced
 IWCE/MRT, Mar 25 2004 

LAS VEGAS -- Microwave Data Systems announced the introduction of the MDS Mobile Data Kit, designed for the public-safety 
sector. 

The kit includes the MDS iNET 900 network -- capable of carrying data at speeds 10x greater than traditional networks, the 
company said -- the MDS NETview MS software and middleware -- which provides link optimization, data compression, roaming, 
application session persistence and network management -- a vehicle mount antenna, coaxial cable and a mounting tray for the trunk.
In other news, Microwave Data Systems announced it would provide a wireless radio system to the Woodbury, Minn., police 
department. 

A component of the deployment will be the installation of MDS iNET 900 radios into patrol cars. 

The new system will enable officers to submit reports and paperwork remotely from their vehicles, the company said. In addition, the officers will have 
real-time access to information from other sources, including the Minnesota Department of Motor Vehicles. The network will offer data 
speeds of 512 Kb/s, which "surpasses most off-the-shelf 802.11b solutions," the company said.

http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_mobile_data_kit/index.htm

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/