Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cingular to file for FCC approval of merger

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:23:42 -0500

Cingular to file for FCC approval of merger
By Jeffrey Silva
March 18 13:37:00, 2004

WASHINGTON—Cingular Wireless L.L.C. is set to file papers with the
Federal Communications Commission today seeking
approval for its proposed $41 billion purchase of AT&T Wireless Services
Inc.

The FCC is expected to issue a notice requesting public comment on the
proposed transaction in mid-April.

The merger, announced last month after Cingular Wireless outbid
Britain’s Vodafone Group plc for AT&T Wireless, would
create the largest domestic wireless carrier.

Yesterday, in a full-page advertisement in The Washington Post, Stan
Sigman, president and chief executive officer of
Cingular Wireless, said the combination of the nation’s No. 2 and No. 3
mobile-phone operators “is especially good news
for America’s wireless users.”

Sigman predicted the merger would result in improved call quality,
broader coverage, more data services and additional
wireless service plans.

The two companies want the merger completed by the end of the year.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17362
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/