Subject: [NEXTEL-1] For Emergency Use Only

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:29:06 -0500

Guyra Argus, Australia - Feb 11, 2004
For Emergency Use Only
Thursday, 12 February 2004

The channel 5 UHF CB radio repeater at Black Mountain has been operation
now for five years, the UHF radio repeater was installed after funds
were raised with the generous support of the local community, the
repeater covers an area within approximately a 50 kilometre radius of
Black Mountain south of Guyra.

The repeater was installed for the purpose of emergency radio
communications as channel 5 and 35 are the designated UHF radio
emergency channels Australia wide, and are approved for this use ONLY.

The emergency repeater is in place for urgent radio communications ie,
accidents/ road closures and information / flood, storm and tempest
issues / bushfires / broken down motorists or any other situation of an
urgent nature, this repeater is in place for ANYONE, including members
of the public with a UHF Radio to use in an emergency.

Channels 5 and 35 are monitored by Volunteers from VRA, Rural Fire
Service, and SES as well as New England Radio Watch, these organisations
will take your radio call and pass it on to the relevant service you
require.

Ambulance Service of NSW, Police and NSW Fire Brigade also utilise the
Channel 5 Emergency channel as required but this should not be used in
place of phoning '000' for these services.

Over the past few months Channels 5 and 35 have been abused by both
motorists and children using the UHF Radio unsupervised for general
chatter, channel 35 is part of the channel 5 emergency radio system, if
you are within the reception area of the radio repeater using 5 OR 35
your radio traffic can be monitored through the repeater.

Volunteers who monitor these non-emergency conversations from their
homes are being forced to turn their UHF radios off or volume down due
to the foul language and persistent chatter of these non-emergency radio
communications at all hours of the day and night, the distressing factor
in this is that your emergency call may go unanswered.

So please if you have a UHF CB radio in your vehicle or have brought
your children a pair of the new small cheap hand held UHF radios don't
use channels 5 or 35 unless its is an emergency.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/