Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Towering success

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 02:51:37 -0500

PORT CLINTON -- Verizon has continued its contract with Ottawa County to
lease space on a radio tower owned by the county, a tower that has
turned into a surprise money-maker.

When Ottawa County purchased the site for its regional water plant in
the mid-1990s, an abandoned radio tower that was previously used by
Venice Broadcasting came along with it.

Gino Monaco of the Sanitary Engineering department said the county never
had intentions of going into the radio tower business. But when the
county took over the property, there were several communication antennas
already there.
The communication companies were then forced to enter into contracts
with the county, and the county began receiving rent payments.

Last week, the Ottawa County commissioners made a motion to continue
Verizon's contract, which brings in $643 monthly. The contract was
approved through February 2006, when it will be up for renewal again.

Luke Dostal, an engineer with the sanitary engineering department, said
there are currently five communications antennas and five companies
leasing space on the tower from the county.

Verizon; MetroCall, Inc.; Nextel; SBA Leasing, Inc.; and the U.S.
Department of Justice all have antennas on the radio tower and pay rent
to the county.

In fiscal year 2003, the lease agreements brought in more than $62,000,
while expenses on the tower, including maintenance, totaled about
$43,000. That left a net of approximately $19,000, which Monaco said
goes back to funding maintenance of the treatment plant.

Originally published Monday, March 15, 2004

http://www.portclintonnewsherald.com/news/stories/20040315/localnews/84526.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/