Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Push-to-talk coming to Palm devices?

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:50:31 -0500

Push-to-talk coming to Palm devices?
News : Palm, posted 23/03/2004 08:25:51 NZ

Palmsource announced another three companies joining the Palm Powered
Mobile World Program. Kodiak Networks specialises in supplying PoC
(push-to-talk over cellular) infrastracture and platforms. One of the
first GSM implementations using Kodiak's tehcnology was the mobile
operator Orange, with it's Talk Now service.

"We are very pleased to be working with PalmSource and other charter
members of Palm Powered Mobile World in support of our instant wireless
voice solution," said Bruce Lawler, vice president of business
development at Kodiak Networks. "We believe Kodiak's technology will
enable hardware manufacturers worldwide to develop innovative smart
mobile devices that support industry- leading premium cellular
services."

Other companies joining the program are Handmark and Mobile Diagnostix.

"The Palm Powered Mobile World program has provided Mobile Diagnostix
with a quick and effective method of building a solid working
relationship with PalmSource and its industry partners, " said Ian
Collins, CEO of Mobile Diagnostix. "The ability to get to the right
people within PalmSource and begin doing business together within a very
short time span has allowed us to build value for our organization
almost overnight."

"As a new infrastructure partner in the Palm Powered Mobile World
program, Handmark will provide wireless information solutions that
enable efficient delivery of content to Palm Powered smartphones over
operator networks," said August Grasis, III, CEO of Handmark, Inc. "We
look forward to working together with PalmSource, leading mobile
operators and software application developers to broaden the reach of
our solutions into new markets."

More information: http://www.palmsource.com/partners..

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2538

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/