Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Auctioneers Raid Firm's Offices

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:01:16 -0500

Auctioneers Raid Firm's Offices

The Nation (Nairobi)

February 27, 2004
Posted to the web February 26, 2004

Claire Gatheru
Nairobi

Auctioneers yesterday invaded the Nairobi offices of Kenya Pipeline
Company, paralysing work for most of the day.

Keysian Auctioneers arrived at 9am and, in a three-hour operation,
attached property worth millions of shillings over a Sh71 million debt.

They raided the company's National Bank
Building headquarters and offices in the
Industrial Area.

The raid comes two months after a
judgment was made in favour of Amiran
Communications, agents of the Motorola
radio equipment in the region, who had
sued the corporation.

Amiran said they had installed a high-powered communication kit from
Nairobi to Mombasa.

Among the attached goods were eight vehicles. At the headquarters, the
auctioneers carried away 80 computers, 100 desks, 200 chairs and 200
telephone heads.

Goods taken away from the Industrial Area offices included 10
photocopying machines, five generators, 50 filing cabinets and a number
of carpets, fridges and television sets.

The case was filed last year when the State corporation was accused of
breaching a contract for the installation of the multi-million shilling
equipment.

The deal was signed in May, 2002, for the supply, installation and
commissioning.

In the plaint Amiran, an Israeli company, said KPC was to make a 50-per
cent downpayment of Sh71 million. The balance was to be paid on the
project's completion and commissioning last year.

The company told the court it had imported the goods from New York for
Sh50 million and another Sh14 million on other expenses, including
storage.

Amiran said after the equipment was delivered
and installation had started, the corporation
refused to pay 50 per cent upfront of Sh12.8
million.

But KPC, through lawyer O. Onyango, denied
a breach of contract and opposed a summary judgment, saying the suit
should be struck out.
 http://www.nationaudio.com/News/DailyNation/Today/News/News2702200458.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/