Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Andrew Corporation to Acquire Selected Assets From MTS Wireless

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:20:50 -0500

Andrew Corporation to Acquire Selected Assets From MTS Wireless

Andrew Corporation to Acquire Selected Assets From MTS Wireless

--Enhances Product Portfolio and Cost-Effectiveness for Site
Deployments--

ORLAND PARK, IL, March 29, 2004 - Andrew Corporation, a global 
communications systems equipment supplier, has entered into a 
definitive agreement to acquire selected steel related assets and 
product lines from MTS Wireless Components LLC, in an all-stock 
transaction consisting of 1.65 million shares, or approximately $27.5 
million.

MTS Wireless Components, based in Waterbury, CT., is a leading North 
American supplier of cable accessories and hardware that supports the 
implementation of wireless systems including antenna mounts, 
waveguide bridge components and other equipment support 
solutions. "Adding MTS's product lines and expertise will enhance 
Andrew's ability to provide a complete installation equipment 
offering, thereby simplifying site installation and reducing total 
system cost for our customers," said John DeSana, group president 
Cable Products, Andrew Corporation. 

The product lines being acquired have annualized revenues of 
approximately $30 million. The acquisition is expected to close 
within the next 30 days and should be accretive to earnings during 
the 12 months following the close of the transaction. 
"Integrating our separate product lines will provide greater value-
add for our combined customer base. Utilizing greater economies of 
scale should drive increased synergies between the businesses," said 
Pete Sandore, chief executive officer of MTS Wireless. Following the 
close of the transaction, Mr. Sandore will serve as a business 
consultant to Andrew.

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2004/Mar/1026744.htm

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/