Subject: [NEXTEL-1] HOUSE MEMBER URGES FCC TO MEET WITH DoD ON IRAQ BOMB SOLUTIONS

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:50:52 -0500

HOUSE MEMBER URGES FCC TO MEET WITH DoD ON IRAQ BOMB SOLUTIONS

Rep. Frank Wolf (R., Va.), chairman of the Subcommittee on
Commerce, Justice, State and the Judiciary, urged FCC Chairman
Michael K. Powell to meet with the Department of Defense as early as
this week to address whether the Commission and its top scientists can
do anything to prevent bombings in Iraq that are detonated by certain
cell phone technology.  Chairman Powell today testified before the
subcommittee on the Commission's $293 million funding request for
fiscal year 2005.  Rep. Wolf said the Commission should investigate
whether it was possible to track the bombs and detonate them before
the bombers could do so.  Chairman Powell said he would have the
Commission's scientists look into the matter.

http://www.tr.com/online/trd/2004/td033104/index.htm

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/