Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Jammer Can Cut Cell Phone Signals

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:10:43 -0500

Jammer Can Cut Cell Phone Signals

Thailand’s entertainment venues such as movie theatres could soon be
free of mobiles. A new “Mobile Phone Jammer” developed by Teletrol-One
could be adopted by such venues in an effort to cut off cell-phone
signals within specific areas. The Jammer is designed to emit
interference signals to block data and voice transmission. The Jammer
can also be used to stop bombers using cell phones to detonate devices.
Teletrol-One is waiting for approval from the National Telecoms
Commission before it officially introduces the product.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking to tame mobile phones
Published on Mar 15, 2004

Movie theatres and other entertainment complexes could be free from the
annoying sound of mobile phones going off if one Thai company has
anything to do with it.

Chaiyasit Chaovakul, executive vice president of Teletrol-One, said that
with the development of the Mobile Phone Jammer all cell-phone signals
within specific areas can be jammed.

The Jammer is designed to emit interference signals to block data and
voice transmission at radio frequencies between GSM 900MHz and 1900MHz,
which are the ones used by local operators. The disrupted area ranges
from 100 to 200 square metres, depending on the Jammer’s size.

“Local theatre operators can use the system to stop phones going off,”
Chaiyasit said.

Moreover, a wide-range Jammer could be used to stop bombers using cell
phones to detonate devices during important events, as well as
protecting sensitive information from being relayed elsewhere, Chaiyasit
added.
However, the firm cannot yet offer the product commercially as it is
waiting for approval from the National Telecoms Commission, when it is
finally set up.

Chaiyasit said the cost of such a system would start from about
Bt100,000.

Jirapan Boonnnoon
The Nation

http://203.150.224.53/page.news.php3?clid=20&id=110002&usrsess=1
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/