Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Push to Talk presence tested

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:12:10 -0500

Push to Talk presence tested

Followap and Motorola have completed initial interoperability testing of
the iFollow Presence Server with Motorola's IMS platform and Motorola's
Push-to-Talk over Cellular (PoC) service. Interoperability of Followap's
iFollow Presence Server with Motorola's IMS platform will allow mobile
operators to implement presence as an inherent component in their
network. The presence server will be accessible through standard IMS
interfaces and will communicate with the different IMS elements and
network services in order to share and receive subscriber presence
information.

"We are committed to offer our customers a comprehensive, robust IMS
solution," said Murali Aravamudan, Motorola GM and VP, Winphoria
Division of GTSS. "We are working with Followap through our IMS
Interoperability Program to add a standards-based presence server to our
IMS solution. We see this as another step towards providing operators
with a broad and open network infrastructure."

Integration of presence information with the PoC service improves the
PoC user experience. Most importantly, the handset's phonebook,
transformed into presence-enhanced contacts (PEC), now serves as the
basis for initiating and controlling PoC sessions.  Subscribers are able
to see if their contacts are available for PoC sessions, if they are
expecting to be contacted by PoC, and if their device is capable of PoC.
Additional features include integration with the phone profile and
reception of textual instant messages and PoC messages through the
unified contact list interface.

"Mobile operators have recognized the considerable effect presence can
have on the usability and richness of value added services," said Dotan
Volach, CEO of Followap. "The cooperation between Motorola and Followap
allows operators to rapidly launch an attractive Push-to-Talk over
Cellular service, pre-integrated with a carrier-class, standards-based
presence server. After the deployment process, the operator gets a
feature-rich PoC service as well as a robust presence infrastructure,
which can be used to presence-enable additional services."

Posted to the site on 03-Mar-04

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10761.shtml

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/