Subject: [NEXTEL-1] DC BREAKS GROUND ON NEW UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS CENTER

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:57:26 -0500

*********************************************
DC BREAKS GROUND ON NEW UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS CENTER
*********************************************
Chief Ramsey this week joined Mayor Williams and other local leaders
in a ceremonial groundbreaking for DC's new Unified Communications
Center (UCC), to be located on the East Campus of St. Elizabeth's
Hospital in Southeast. The UCC combines into one secure facility the
District's critical communications functions. The UCC will serve as
the call-taking and dispatch center for police and fire emergency
(9-1-1) and non-emergency (3-1-1) calls; the Mayor's Call Center
(727-1000); the Mayor's Emergency Command Center, the Emergency
Management Agency and the Regional Incident Command and Control Center
(RICCC). When complete in 2005, the UCC will be the District's
communication, emergency management and technology hub and one of the
nation's premier large integrated call centers and public
safety/emergency response facilities. The UCC will also bring new jobs
and amenities to Ward 8, east of the Anacostia River. The center is
part of the Mayor's Government Centers initiative, which locates
government facilities in neighborhoods to bring services close to
citizens and to support community revitalization and economic
development. Once the UCC is completed, the District's current Public
Safety Communications Center, located on McMillan Drive, NW, will be
converted into a backup and training facility. For more information
about the project, visit the UCC website at:
www.ucc.dc.gov

FOOTNOTE: For more information about 9-1-1 and 3-1-1 in DC - including
tips on when to use the non-emergency number - go to:
http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/info/phone/phone.shtm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/