Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IEEE REVISES STANDARD FOR MEASURING EMISSIONS FROM FM AND TV RECEIVERS

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:35:28 -0500

IEEE REVISES STANDARD FOR MEASURING EMISSIONS FROM FM AND TV RECEIVERS

The IEEE standard used to evaluate emissions from FM and TV receivers
has just gotten a long-awaited overhaul. The revised standard, IEEE
187(TM) "Standard Measurement Methods of Emissions from FM and
Television Broadcast Receivers in the Frequency Range of 9kHz to 40GH,"
now accounts for the prevalence of digital operation, the larger size of
today's TVs, and the widespread use of cable and other signal inputs and
outputs. IEEE 187, which was last updated in 1990, covers the potential
sources of spurious radiation from these receivers and how to measure
them and also encompasses both radiated and conductive emission testing
to ensure receivers do not interfere with cell phones, computers and
other digital devices. For more details:

<http://standards.ieee.org/announcements/pr_187rev.html>

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/