Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cellcom rolls out Nokia push to talk

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:46:00 -0500

Cellcom rolls out Nokia push to talk

23/03/2004 by Rémi Gamba

Israeli mobile operator Cellcom is to roll out Nokia''s network solution
for push to talk over cellular (PoC) service.
Following successful trials over recent months, Cellcom plans to begin
commercial PoC service in the second quarter 2004, making it among the
first operators in the region to launch this form of mobile
communication.

Nokia''s carrier-grade PoC solution provides a smooth network software
upgrade path to the upcoming Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) standard for
PoC.

Deliveries of Nokia''s PoC network solution for Cellcom begin
immediately.

Nokia is currently participating in more than 30 operator PoC trials,
and has five public commercial PoC contracts.
Nokia''s first push to talk terminal, the Nokia 5140 will be
commercially available during the second quarter this year. Over the
course of 2004, Nokia will introduce a full range of
push-to-talk-capable GSM phones, including Symbian-OS-based smart
phones.

From 2005 onwards, push to talk will become available on virtually all
Nokia GPRS/WCDMA phones.
http://www.dmeurope.com/default.asp?ArticleID=1291
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/