Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Ex-Firefighter Convicted Of Stealing From WTC Site

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 23:58:04 -0500

Ex-Firefighter Convicted Of Stealing From WTC Site
POSTED: 7:39 am EST March 3, 2004

NEW YORK -- A retired firefighter was convicted of stealing artifacts
from the World Trade Center cite while working as a volunteer there
following the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

Samuel Brandon, 61, had been charged with 11 counts of petty larceny and
was found guilty of all but two counts Tuesday in Manhattan criminal
court.

A Port Authority detective testified that state police sent two
undercover detectives to Brandon's Ellenville, N.Y., home, masquerading
as a couple looking to buy a house. Brandon showed them items that
belonged to victims of the attack including a damaged Motorola
walkie-talkie of the type used by firefighters and seven ID cards -- two
belonging to people who were killed in the attacks.

Defense attorney Ron Kliegerman had argued that the items gathered by
Brandon were essentially worthless and that the theft charges were based
on "an appeal to people's emotions."

At his April 13 sentencing, Brandon is facing up to nine years in jail.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/2892320/detail.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/