Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Consumers call for service improvements in letter campaign

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:54:59 -0500

Consumers call for service improvements in letter campaign
March 10 13:22:00, 2004

WASHINGTON—Consumer Union, which publishes Consumer Reports magazine,
said nearly 8,000 letters from wireless consumers were delivered this
week to wireless companies by the organization’s EscapeCellHell.org
campaign calling for better contract terms, improved coverage
information and the ability to move handsets between carriers.

The organization noted the most letters sent through the Web site were
from Verizon Wireless customers, which it acknowledged has the highest
market share of customers, with letters from AT&T Wireless Services Inc.
and Sprint PCS customers garnering a slightly greater number than each
carrier’s respective market shares.

“Now that the companies have these customer letters, we will see if the
cell phone companies ‘can hear us now,’ and respond to concerns about
poor service, draconian contract terms and artificial locks that keep
customers’ cell phones from working when they switch carriers,” said
Janee Briesemeister, director of EscapeCellHell.org, which organized the
letter writing campaign.

Briesemeister added that company responses to customer concerns will be
posted on the Web site and e-mailed to each consumer who sent a letter.
“We are hopeful the companies will take these very valid customer
concerns to heart and do the right thing by putting an end to the
consumers’ cell hell of poor service, hefty charges and wasteful
practices,” Briesemeister said.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17244
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/