Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard

From: "Ugly Person" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:39:43 -0500

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Kenneth Van Patten" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 11:02
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard

> It may be of some interest to know the 27 MHz band plan provides for the
> business and special industrial use between 27.41 to 27.54 MHz  and 27.54
to
> 28.0 is US Gov't. I am licensed to
> 27.43 MHz but these frequencies are unusable because of the illegal AM/SSB
> station interference. The FCC has not respond to the many complaints. So
> much for Homeland security to.

Serves them right for not using a more exclusive frequency band.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:36:43 -0500

Rick-  Subpart C rules specifically authorize remote control, but speak
against most "data" transmissions.  Be that as it may, I have seen that
manufacturers, TCB's, and others involved in the FCC certification
process have been taking the most liberal interpretation of Part 95 rules
in recent years.  This is further facilitated in the R/C Service by the
fact that crystal-controlled (historically including PLL and DPL) 27 MHz
devices in this service are exempt from the certification process. 
Strange, but true!

72 MHZ R/C devices are governed essentially by the same R/C rules as 27
MHz devices.  One major exception here is that 72 MHz devices must be
certificated.
Kind regards, Alan - Pop'Comm

Standard 'claimer: "I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV."

--------- Original Messages ----------
From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:22:19 -0600
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard

> [email-masked] wrote:
>
> Admittedly, there may be some conflict as to whether
> the R/C service is totally appropriate for a wireless keyboard 
> 

What could be more fitting of the term "remote control" than controlling 
your computer from a wireless keyboard?

The same R/C devices are often offered in 72 Mhz as well - does 72 MHz 
fall under the same rules as the 27 Mhz devices?

-rick

--

________________________________________________________________
The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!

 
Yahoo! Groups Links