Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Opportunities and Meetings forwarded from Councilmember GaleBrewer

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 14:02:43 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Barry Drogin <[email-masked]>
Subject: Opportunities and Meetings forwarded from Councilmember
GaleBrewer

The National Telecommunications and Information Administration invites 
applications for funding under the Technology Opportunities Program. 
This 
program supports funding demonstrations of new telecommunications and 
information technology applications for the provision of educational, 
health care, or public information in the nation's public and nonprofit 
sectors. Approximately $12.9 million is available for awards.
Cost-sharing 
of up to 50 percent is required. Eligible are nonprofit entities, public 
sector organizations and state, local and tribal governments.
Applications 
are due April 27, 2004. 

<http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/14mar20010800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2004/04-3296.htm>

MEETINGS OF THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE
We recently held hearings on the city's I-NET and on public safety and 
Spectrum. If you want information, contact Bruce Lai, Policy Analyst.

Economic development and Broadband issues are the topic for a hearing on 
Tuesday, April 6, from 6 PM to 8 PM, Queens Borough Hall, 120-55 Queens 
Blvd., Kew Gardens, NY 11424. At the end of April, at City Hall, the 
Committee will hear testimony on several bills, and at the end of May
the 
Committee is scheduling a hearing at Brooklyn Borough Hall with the
World 
Wide Web conference participants (1,000 people; last year's conference
was 
held in Hungary). The CAT program at New York University is helping us
in 
the coordination.

National conferences: Lots coming up on technology and government.
Contact 
Bruce Lai for information.

Gale A. Brewer
h. 29 W. 95 St., NY NY 10025
212-749-0330 tel
212-749-0340 fax
cell 917-881-3375
www.galebrewer.com

Councilmember Gale A. Brewer
City Hall
New York, NY 10007
212-788-6975

District Office
563 Columbus Avenue at 87th Street
New York, NY 10024
212-873-0282
www.council.nyc.ny.us

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/