Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Consumer Reports-On Nextel No Roaming, Limited Network

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:03:42 -0000

Posted on Thu, Mar. 04, 2004 

CONSUMER

Can you hear me now?

Knight Ridder

Which cellular provider has your number?

Now that you can take your phone number with you, if you're one of 
the throngs thinking of fleeing your cellular service provider, you 
might want to pick up last month's Consumer Reports.

The magazine, which accepts no paid advertising and no freebies, 
reveals the best carriers and tells why.

Overall favorite?

Verizon Wireless, in every one of the 12 cities included in an online 
survey conducted in September.

In its "quick picks" summary, Consumer Reports said Verizon had fewer 
problems with service overall. It was among the best at having 
circuits available. Customers who had a complaint were more likely 
than other carriers' customers to describe the company's response as 
very helpful.

With Nextel, Consumer Reports said, the downside was that service is 
limited to its own network; you can't roam.

Calling plans and phones also are rated.
 http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news/8101301.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/