Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Televigation and Creditel Launch All-in-One GPS, Mobile Service

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:29:26 -0500

Televigation and Creditel Launch All-in-One GPS, Mobile Service

Combined Cell Phone Applications Deliver Affordable, Secure Solution

SUNNYVALE, Calif. and LOS ANGELES, March 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Televigation
and Creditel are joining forces to offer a packaged, point-of-sale (POS)
and global positioning system (GPS) tracking solution for businesses
with remote workers.
The initiative will combine Televigation's TeleNavTrack, a mobile,
phone-based tracking service with electronic time sheet reporting and
interactive dispatching with Creditel's PowerSwipe, a device that
attaches to select Motorola iDEN(R) handsets, turning the handset into a
mobile credit card terminal.  By merging the Televigation and Creditel
services, the companies will provide the most affordable application
suite, cutting costs for users while improving customer service and
support through a combined offering.

The solution benefits businesses in field services, construction,
transportation and delivery industries by enabling them to process
credit cards quickly and securely while tracking the location and
activities of their field staff and mobile assets.  Efficiencies are
achieved through a single billing statement, rapid deployment and
support center, providing a one-stop solution.
"Creditel and Televigation are a perfect fit to deliver a combined GPS
and portable POS solution -- we both develop our products for a simple,
fast and easy service at a great price," said Michael Cottrell, Vice
President of Market Development for Creditel.  "Creditel's customers
often request GPS tracking services, in partnering with Televigation,
the leader in navigation and tracking, we deliver the most secure and
affordable solution to meet market demand."

"We decided to partner with Creditel because of its unique ability to
encrypt credit card data in the PowerSwipe, protecting consumers' credit
card data more securely than any other device available," said Salman
Dhanani, Senior Director of Marketing at Televigation.  "Together,
Creditel and Televigation will deliver next-generation services to
process payments on the go and track workers -- ultimately increasing
productivity." According to IDC and Jupiter Media Matrix, electronic
commerce from mobile devices was estimated at $2.1 billion in 2003 and
will rise to $5.7 billion in 2004.

For further information on Televigation and Creditel services, please
visit http://www.telenavtrack.net or http://www.creditelcorp.com .

About Creditel

Creditel offers businesses of all sizes secure, affordable, fast and
easy-to-use wireless transaction solutions and an interactive
environment designed to immediately increase profitability and enhance
productivity.  For more information on Creditel products and services,
please visit http://www.creditelcorp.com .

About Televigation

Televigation is the leading provider of wireless motion-based services,
which include GPS navigation and tracking. Televigation's technology can
deliver voice-interface, feature-rich motion-based services over
standard mobile phones and other wireless devices.

The company's flagship product, TeleNav, is a navigation service similar
to the GPS systems found in luxury vehicles, but integrated into mobile
phones, costing a fraction of the price.  Televigation was awarded first
prize in the business and productivity category for Motorola's Developer
contest at JavaOne 2003.

For more information, please visit the company's Web sites at
http://www.telenav.net or http://www.telenavtrack.net .
For further information please contact: Sarah Collins of JCI,
+1-310-317-1966, [email-masked], for Creditel

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/