Subject: [NEXTEL-1] eSeminar: Predicting Residual BER I

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 11:29:35 -0500

eSeminar: Predicting Residual BER I
View the June 27, 2001 archived eSeminar

http://we.home.agilent.com/cgi-bin/bvpub/agilent/editorial/cp_MiscEditorial.jsp?OID=536970027&NAV_ID=-11145.0.03&LANGUAGE_CODE=eng&S_NAV_ID=-11145.0.03&S_NAV_ID=-11145.0.08&COUNTRY_CODE=ZZ

The demand to put more data through the channel has driven network
designers and system
engineers to complex modulations that require low phase noise
oscillators and low distortion power
amplifiers in order to achieve low bit error rates (BER). Further,
component and manufacturing
engineers often face vexing yield problems in production when radios
begin to dribble errors. While
design tools such as link power budgets, are excellent for predicting
performance at threshold, a
different analysis is needed for normal receive signal levels. Residual
BER prediction allows the radio
designer to determine the phase noise and linearity requirements for a
given quality of service. System
BER performance is thus related to key analog metrics that drive cost.
The recent growth of the
broadband markets (PTP, LMDS, MMDS, WLAN, CM/CMTS, and cellular) has
created much interest in
this little understood topic.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/