Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cinergy Selects Lockard & White, Inc. to plan and manage the implementation of its new iDEN Radio Network

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:20:59 -0500

Cinergy Selects Lockard & White, Inc. to plan and manage the
implementation of its new iDEN Radio Network 

03/10/2004 

Houston, Texas

Lockard & White, Inc., a telecommunications systems 
engineering and project management firm focusing on 
utility and transportation end users, announced the firm 
has been retained by Cinergy (http://www.cinergy.com/)
to assist the Cinergy staff in planning and implementing 
Cinergy’s new 800 MHz iDEN mobile radio network. 

The new iDEN network, scheduled to begin deployment 
in the 4th Quarter of 2004 will enhance Cinergy’s ability 
to serve it customers while lowering its overall operating 
cost. Cinergy will be the fourth major utility in the United 
States and the only utility in its operating area, to 
implement an iDEN network. By utilizing iDEN technology 
Cinergy will have access to advanced messaging features 
and will be able to leverage its wireless infrastructure to 
lower response times to customer outages and more 
aggressively manage its electric network load. 

“We are indeed thrilled to be part of the Cinergy team and 
to assist them in the deployment of such a robust and 
leading edge system”, said Marc Lockard, Chairman and 
CEO of Lockard & White, Inc. “Our years of experience with 
large electric utility customers coupled with our experience 
with iDEN technology, which dates back to the late 1990’s, 
were key to Cinergy’s selection of L&W. The outstanding 
performance and the dedication of our team members is 
what sold Cinergy to retain us for the implementation 
phase of the project,” commented Lockard. 

“We tasked L&W to complete a preliminary plan and 
conceptual design for us in an unbelievably short time frame. 
Quite frankly we thought we asked L&W to do the impossible. 
L&W completed the initial plan and conceptual design, on 
time and under budget, and their deliverables exceeded our 
expectations. We simply can’t say enough good things about 
the professional team at L&W”., said Ed Cunningham, Cinergy’s 
Project Engineer for the communications network infrastructure upgrade.

http://www.lockardandwhite.com/?go=news.php

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/