Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Motorola's Off Network Communication Tool For iDEN to Debut in 2004

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:34:46 -0000

Timmy conmfirmed roll out of the i325ps (as 1st reported exclusively here  =
on Nextel-1 back in Sept) off Network direct connect) Pvt 
Wireless PATY ATTENTION-

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> I meet with a few of the iDEN guys this week to see a simulation of  Moto=
rola's "Moto Talk". It was very interesting. To protect the 
identity of the
> Engineers  they asked me not to publish the specific documents related to=
 the product, however they did provide me with a 
document that describes the
> same operation in a FDMA environment that can be implemented under iDEN.
> 
> It is absolutely clear that Nextel PLANS TO TAKE OVER the Private Wireles=
s Industry.
> 
> Helping Nextel in any fashion will just accelerate this process. All I ca=
n say is Private Wireless watchout.
> 
> Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> 
> > Wireless Insider
> > Motorola's Off Network Communication Tool  For iDEN to Debut in 2004
> > September 17, 2003
> >
> > PLANTATION, Fla.  – September 19, 2003 – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) and=
 Nextel
> > Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXTL) have developed an iDEN® based Commu=
nication
> > tool specifically targeted at Public Safety and Construction users. The=
 new tool
> > labelled "Moto Talk" (Simplex Talk-Around) offers off-network Direct Co=
nnect®
> > capabilities. The new feature this will allow peer-to-peer conversation=
s between
> > Nextel users without the need for network support.
> >
> > Motorola has designed three new handsets featuring "Moto Talk" tentativ=
ely
> > identified as the i315, i325ps, and i335ps. The first handset scheduled=
 to be
> > released is the i315, featuring a rugged design for harsh and demanding=

> > environments. The i325 will feature AFU  (Advanced Feature Unit) capabi=
lities in a
> > rugged and durable phone. It will also support Nextel's widely used "Ja=
va"
> > applications, which allows subscriber to select task specific applicati=
ons.
> > Motorola's i335 features a rugged handset with Moto-Talk, AFU, Java and=
 Large
> > Color Screen. Roll out of these new units is expected to begin as early=
 as June
> > 2004.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/