Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CTIA Wireless 2004 - First PoC Compliant PTT Phone for Edge Networks; Sonim PoC Client Embedded in Sony Ericsson Z500 Phone

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:42:31 -0500

March 23, 2004 06:01 AM US Eastern Timezone
CTIA Wireless 2004

First PoC Compliant PTT Phone for Edge Networks; Sonim PoC Client
Embedded in Sony Ericsson Z500 Phone

SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 23, 2004--Sonim Technologies,
the leading developer of the Push to talk over Cellular (PoC) standard
and IP-enabled wireless voice applications, recognized Sony Ericsson's
pioneering announcement of the first PoC compliant phone featuring EDGE
technology. The Sony Ericsson Z500, to be launched in Q3 2004, will
offer a rich set of applications including Push-to-Talk (PTT), providing
an optimized user experience and service performance. The Z500's PTT
capability is delivered by the Sonim PoC Client, embedded in the Sony
Ericsson handsets.

"We are pleased to see that the strategic partnership between Sonim and
Sony Ericsson is ready to deliver," said John Burns, CEO and President
of Sonim Technologies. "The timing of the Z500 is great as major GSM
operators in North America are ready to deploy PTT services to the mass
market."

By offering a wealth of features and applications, the Sony Ericsson
Z500 EDGE camera phone is best suited for both business users and
consumers, enabling mobile operators to market PTT services to multiple
user segments. The Push-to-Talk capability in Z500 phones is delivered
through Sony Ericsson's cooperation with Sonim and based on the PoC
standard, ensuring the interoperability and compatibility required to
create substantial subscriber adoption and user-friendly services that
work across networks and handsets. Sonim and Sony Ericsson recently
entered a global strategic partnership to integrate Push-to-Talk
capability in Sony Ericsson phones, utilizing Sonim's mobile phone
software.

About Sonim Technologies, Inc.

Sonim Technologies enables today's GSM and CDMA wireless data networks
to deliver high-margin voice services. This standards-based solution
provides real-time communication services such as Push-to-Talk that
combine the flexibility of mobile messaging with the ease-of-use of
voice. The end-to-end, IP-based solution creates significant new revenue
streams and delivers superior 'return on bandwidth' for mobile
operators. Sonim is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with sales
offices in Italy and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit the
company's web site at www.sonimtech.com.

Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of
their respective owners.
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040323005166&newsLang=en

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/