Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Actix PTT optimization tool chosen by 3 carriers

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:26:33 -0500

Actix PTT optimization tool chosen by 3 carriers
March 15 13:09:00, 2004

LONDON—Network performance company Actix announced its GPRS IVS product,
which the company said supports the
troubleshooting and optimization of push-to-talk services. Further, the
company said Nextel Communications Inc., Verizon Wireless and Sprint PCS
use the company’s products to optimize the performance of PTT services.

“Combining Actix’s support for standard PTT protocols such as RTP and
SIP with our software’s ability to enable end-to-end
synchronization and visualization of multiple data sets, has meant that
we have already been able to fully integrate PTT optimization and
troubleshooting functionality into our wireless performance engineering
solutions, including GPRS IVS,” said Duncan Vardy, the company’s head of
product management. “This will enable GSM/GPRS operators worldwide to
quickly and successfully deploy PTT services, which have so far proved
to be a very positive additional revenue stream.”
Actix said its PTT product works to track latency and packet loss and
also allows engineers to determine where problems are
occurring.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17285
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/