Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Qualcomm says LG to make push-to-talk phones

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:00:17 -0500

Reuters

Qualcomm says LG to make push-to-talk phones
Tuesday March 30, 12:56 pm ET

LOS ANGELES, March 30 (Reuters) - Wireless technology company Qualcomm
Inc. (NasdaqNM:QCOM - News) on Tuesday said LG Electronics Ltd.
(KSE:066570.KS - News) would develop new phones to support Qualcomm's
version of "push-to-talk" walkie-talkie serv

Qualcomm said LG, one of the world's top handset companies, would make
"BREWChat"-enabled phones for carriers worldwide. The technology,
which is designed for high-speed networks and uses voice-over-Internet
Protocol standards, is currently in trials with various carriers.

Qualcomm's Code Division Multiple Access wireless standard dominates
in the United States and is growing in Latin America and parts of
Asia. The company said the BREWChat technology could be upgraded to
the next-generation of its walkie-talkie technology, QChat, designed
for faster CDMA networks.

Last week Nextel Communications Inc. (NasdaqNM:NXTL - News), the
long-time leader in push-to-talk services, said it was testing QChat
and would make it compatible with its U.S. network.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040330/tech_qualcomm_lg_1.html

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/