Subject: [NEXTEL-1] German Airline Goes Wireless

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:30:55 -0500

German Airline Goes Wireless

Following a successful pilot run of its on-board Wi-Fi service, German commercial airline Lufthansa announced it is launching Boeing's Connexion service on board all of its aircraft. The company says by the end of next year all its jets will be equipped with FlyNet, allowing its passengers to surfthe web and check e-mail while in flight. Boeing's Connexion technology enables passengers to connect, via WiFi or seat-based Ethernet jacks to a secure on-board VPN. Other major airlines are expected to launch similar services based on Boeing's Connexion technology. Source: BWCS

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/