Subject: [NEXTEL-1] World First - Photo-Music-Video for Wireless

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 04:56:16 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2004/6705.htm

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

Sasken

Free
eSeminar : Managing Wireless Data Networks

Anritsu

SPIRENT

World's
First Photo-Music-Video for Wireless

3rd March , 2004

ASIA
: SK Telecom is now advancing into the world's telecom market in a
joint effort with Alcatel, a worldwide telecom equipment and system
manufacturer based in France.

Above
shows Alcatel lady shown using a PMV solution package service via
a cellular phone. The service was developed jointly by SK Telecom
and Alcatel, and introduced for the first time in the world to the
3GSM World Congress 2004, in Cannes of France.

The
two companies introduced the world's first PMV solution at the '3GSM
World Congress 2004'. With regard to the PMV solution package developed
jointly by SK Telecom and Alcatel, both companies plan to execute
aggressive marketing activities in the world's telecom market, starting
in March 2004.

In
November 2003, the two companies signed an MOU for integrating SK
Telecom's Photo-Music-Video (PMV) solution with Alcatel's Multimedia
Messaging Service (MMS) solution, then jointly advancing this combined
solution into the global market. An SK Telecom official revealed that
the development of the integrated PMV solution was finalized in early
February, after successful tests of the technology's interoperability
in both Korea and France.

SK
Telecom will sign a formal contract with Alcatel in March, following
which marketing activities will be launched in the global market,
utilizing Alcatel's sales network in 130 countries around the globe.
Notably, this will lay the groundwork for making inroads into the
GSM marketplace that occupies 80% of the entire world's telecom market.
At the same time, Alcatel is able to double its global competitiveness
through the advanced technological solution developed by SK Telecom,
which also commercialized the world's first CDMA cellular service,
and has the world's best level of wireless multimedia solution technologies.

The
two companies' cooperative venture will involve SK Telecom offering
a PMV service solution that is in accordance with the international
standard, and Alcatel completing the solution package by mounting
its MMS platform on the PMV service solution, and then offering it
to mobile communications operators worldwide. In this regard, SK Telecom
provides a special solution only, avoiding the burdens associated
with the conventional method of complete package export on a turn-key
basis. This allowed the company to reduce unnecessary burdens such
as installing the hardware or platforms needed for end-user services.

SK
Telecom also revealed that the PMV solution export will be a new global
business model in mobile communications service, because of the continued
generation of additional revenue through the contract for a royalty
on the PMV service solution.

The
PMV service allows customers to transmit their own video content from
the website to other cellular phone users. The video content includes
text messages, background music, files, and pictures taken by cellular
phone or digital camera. A pilot PMV service has been offered in Korea
since December 2003. The launch of commercial service in Korea is
scheduled for April of this year.

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Vodafone
live! and i-mode Massive 2.5G Wireless Revenues

Operators
need to look beyond messaging to seize the non-voice revenue opportunities
that can be delivered through their 2.5G networks

IP
Technology - 3G Collaboration

UTStarcom
announced that it will collaborate with Cisco Systems to advance the use
of IP technology for third-generation (3G) wireless networks

European
Wireless Operators Face Dogfight

Mobile
Operators and service providers find themselves in rough turbulence and
must prepare themselves for a hard landing

World's
First Photo-Music-Video for Wireless

The
PMV service allows customers to transmit their own video content from
the website to other cellular phone users.

3G
Base Station Player Joins OBSAI

Agere
Systems announced that it has joined the global Open Base Station Architecture
Initiative

Power
Management Single Chip for 3G Phones

Latest
Atmel IC specifically designed for multimedia section supply in new-generation
feature phones

Wireless
Video Services Strong Growth in Europe

During
2003, 3 launched a full portfolio of video services—comprising telephony,
messaging and content—in five markets across Europe.

Symbian
OS Tools for 3G Phones

With
its hard real-time kernel, Symbian OS version 8.0 is the future platform
for 3G mobile phones with advanced multimedia and IP networking functionality

T-Flash
Storage Module for 3G Phones

Approximately
the size of a fingernail, T-Flash is designed for new mobile phones that
are compact yet fully-featured with storage-intensive multimedia applications

Finger
Stimulation Via Wireless Phones

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

Home
ProZone
Subscribe
To Newsletter 3G
Forum

Free
3G Phones

US
Zone ASIAZone
EuroZone
UKZone

3G
Phone Zone 3
3G
New Launches