Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Saudi Arabian Government Bans Camera Phone Sales

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:14:08 -0500

Saudi Arabian Government Bans Camera Phone Sales

The Saudi Arabian government is placing a ban on the sale of camera
phones. Enforcement of the ban comes after several reports of young men taking
photos of women without permission. Retailers who have camera phone inventory will
have the phones confiscated and will be offered a refund when the
handsets are sold to an export agency.

========================================================

Saudi bans camera phones

According to local media reports, the Saudi Arabian government has
started enforcing a ban on the sale of camera phones in the Kingdom.
The ban has come following several reports that young men have been
taking photos of women without permission.

There had also however been reports that some female students had
themselves been expelled from school after taking photos of their fellow
students.

Any retailers with stock of camera phones will have them confiscated and
offered a refund from the funds garnered when the handsets are sold to
an export agency.

Posted to the site on 12-Mar-04

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10831.shtml

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/