Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Military Communications Technologies Announces World First -"SatCell IP" - Instant CDMA/GSM Wireless Network

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:41:14 -0500

Military Communications Technologies Announces World First -"SatCell IP"
- Instant CDMA/GSM Wireless Network
Source: PrimeZone Media Network
Publication date: 2004-02-25

IRVINE, Calif., Feb. 25, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Military Communications
Technologies Inc. (OTCBB:MLTA), announced today that its Australian
affiliate, Military SDR Technologies Pty Ltd, has released information
about a revolutionary new wireless product application of its
proprietary
SpectruCell SDR technology named "SatCell IP". This new product is
based upon the Company's recently announced "world first" of providing
VOIP (Voice Over IP) at a wireless base station.

The SatCell IP "instant wireless network" product is essentially a low
cost
VOIP enabled SpectruCell SDR multiple protocol wireless base station
unit with a built in Satellite link. The unit is about the size of a
small
three-drawer filing cabinet. The new product can provide immediately
deployable instant wireless network voice and data services in CDMA and
GSM protocols to remote locations without expensive traditional
infrastructure and it can also provide back-up services for overloaded
metropolitan locations without the added cost and complexity of building

traditional network interconnect and costly fiber optic links and T1
lines
between base stations.

A SatCell IP unit only requires an available power supply to be able to
implement immediate wireless services in the most remote locations. Turn

on the power and the SatCell IP unit terminates to the operator's
network
via a satellite link, thereby establishing immediate connectivity into
conventional wireless networks world-wide. Conventional CDMA/GSM
handsets need only be distributed to users in a 15 - 35 mile radius to
provide worldwide wireless voice and data services to regions where
cellular phone and Internet services have previously been unavailable.
Multiple linked SatCell IP units can also be progressively deployed to
provide an expanded service area or continuous coverage or link-ups into

Telco's existing conventional Cellular networks. The first SatCell IP
production units are planned for the fourth quarter of 2004.

By being able to terminate a wireless base station directly via
satellite to a
VOIP network operators can easily and cost effectively roll out wireless

services to rural areas and remote regional sites in a very cost
efficient
manner, as the high cost of conventional infrastructure to link remote
locations that could be hundreds and even thousands of miles away is
eliminated.

The SatCell IP base station is capable of providing GSM, CDMA
(IS95A,B,C), CDMA2000(1xRTT) cellular services and various high-speed
data applications. Company engineers are currently developing an 802.16
application that will provide next generation (4G) high-speed Internet
services from the SatCell IP base station. The SatCell IP product
achieves
this functionality by providing VOIP protocol stacks, voice codecs, and
switching capability within the basestation. This unique functionality
has
never before been integrated into a single low cost unit that is also
capable
of delivering 2G and 3G cellular services.

In light of the recent comments by the FCC regarding VOIP services, the
company feels that the application of the SatCell IP technology is
unique
in that the ability to install separate applications at the basestation
makes
it compatible with all forward looking FCC proposals relating to
surveillance
and security with regard to law enforcement agencies, which other
technologies operating in this space do not have.

The SatCell IP product is especially suitable for Homeland Defense and
Military communications as it provides immediate deployment of SDR
wireless network functionality for multiple users on different channels
and
frequencies simultaneously from the one radio. The SatCell IP can easily

be rapidly deployed into areas where communications have been
unexpectedly interrupted, or to augment existing wireless services in
the
case of emergencies such as the terrorist attack on New York City in
2001, major earthquakes, and other unexpected natural disasters.

With the recent advances in QOS (Quality of Service) technology,
commercial VOIP applications are being more extensively and rapidly
deployed by the major Telco's. The SatCell IP technology has already
attracted a high degree of interest, especially in China, South East
Asia,
and South America, from network operators faced with having to deliver
wireless services to rural areas and other remote locations without any
existing telecom infrastructure.

"Wireless hand-held device applications are predicted to be the "next
wave" technology boom and our company's SDR wireless technologies are
well situated to be at the forefront of providing rapidly deployable
reconfigurable wireless infrastructure to support the delivery of these
services. This is the only product of its nature that we have identified
in the
industry, and the SatCell IP product is the only basestation technology
to
incorporate VOIP and switching applications at the radio itself, whilst
supporting multiple communications protocols simultaneously" said Jason
May the companies' Chief Technology Officer.

About Military Communications Technologies

Military Communications Technologies, Inc. is a technology company
involved in the development and distribution of proprietary
software-defined
radio (SDR) commercial and military mobile wireless network
applications.
The Company's core product, PC4 is specifically targeted to the demands
of the Military and Homeland Defense agencies for large-scale
defense-grade reconfigurable wireless communications systems. PC4,
which stands for Programmable, Command, Control, Compute, and
Communicate, is a next-generation SDR framework and proprietary
operating system uniquely designed for interoperable, lightweight and
mobile military communications systems. The PC4 framework is also
especially suitable for radar and high-speed digital RF and GSM
surveillance systems. The Company's proprietary SpectruCell SDR (tm)
technology offers commercial wireless providers a cost-effective,
software-based method to upgrade systems to next-generation standards
and makes networks interoperable with most wireless protocols.

Statements in this release, which relate to other than strictly
historical
facts, including statements about the Company's plans and strategies, as

well as management's expectations and new and existing products,
technologies and opportunities, market growth, demand for acceptance of
new and existing products, are forward-looking statements. The words,
"believe," "expect," "anticipate," "estimate," "project," and similar
expressions identify forward-looking statements that speak only as the
date hereof. This press release contains certain forward-looking
statements regarding Military Communications Technologies, Inc.
("MLTA"), its business prospects and results of operations that are
subject to certain risks and uncertainties posed by many factors and
events that could cause MLTA's actual business, prospects and results of

operations to differ materiality from those that may be anticipated by
such
forward-looking statements. Readers are urged to carefully review and
consider the various disclosures made by MLTA in this news release and
other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission that
attempt to advise interested parties of the risks and factors that may
affect
MLTA's business.

CONTACTS: Military Communications Technologies, Inc. Jeremy Norton
Vice President Finance (949) 622 5508 [email-masked]
www.milcomms.com

Sky Investor Relations Laurel Moody (212) 440 5000 [email-masked]

Military SDR Technologies Pty Ltd (Australia) Jason May Chief
Technology Officer (61) 3 8080 8080 [email-masked]
www.sdrct.com

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=47547258&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/