Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NII Holdings Announces the Convertibility of Its 3 1/2% Convertible Notes Due 2033

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:54:54 -0500

Press Release
Source: NII Holdings, Inc.

NII Holdings Announces the Convertibility of Its 3 1/2% Convertible
Notes Due 2033
Wednesday March 31, 6:54 pm ET

RESTON, Va., March 31 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NII Holdings, Inc.
(Nasdaq: NIHD - News; the "Company") announced today that its 3 1/2%
Convertible Notes due 2033 (the "Notes") issued pursuant to an indenture
between the Company and Wilmington Trust Company, as Trustee, dated
September 16, 2003 (the "Indenture"), will be convertible pursuant to
section 14.01(a)(i) of the Indenture. Holders of the Notes may convert
the Notes into shares of the Company's common stock during the next
fiscal quarter (April 1, 2004 until June 30, 2004) at the conversion
rate then in effect.
About NII Holdings, Inc.

NII Holdings, Inc., a publicly held company based in Reston, Va., is a
leading provider of mobile communications for business customers in
Latin America. NII Holdings, Inc. has operations in Argentina, Brazil,
Mexico and Peru, offering a fully integrated wireless communications
tool with digital cellular service, text/numeric paging, wireless
Internet access and Nextel Direct Connect®, a digital two-way radio
feature. NII Holdings, Inc.  trades on the NASDAQ market under the
symbol NIHD. Visit the Company's website at http://www.nii.com.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/