Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tricom Announces Sale of Its Central American Trunking Assets

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:12:47 -0000

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic, Feb. 19 /PRNewswire-
FirstCall/ --
Tricom, S.A. (NYSE: TDR) today announced that it has sold its Central 
American trunking assets to a group of Panamanian investors for a 
purchase price of approximately $12.5 million payable in stages. 
Estimated net proceeds, after transaction expenses and liabilities 
directly related with Central America, will total approximately $9 
million. Receipt of a portion of the expected net proceeds is 
contingent on satisfaction of customary closing conditions
including all necessary regulatory approvals. The sale also supports 
the Company's drive to increase operating efficiency and improve its 
competitiveperformance.

    "The sale of our Central American assets is part of our continuing
strategy to maximize and grow the value of our core businesses," said 
Carl Carlson, Tricom's Chief Executive Officer. "This transaction 
advances our objectives of focusing our efforts and resources on 
areas with the greatest potential for long-term growth and to improve 
our overall competitiveness."

    Lehman Brothers advised the Company in the sale, which has been 
approved by the Company's Board of Directors. The investor group has 
assumed ownership of all of the Company's assets in Central America, 
which include Tricom's digital trunking network in Panama, as well as 
the Company's radio frequency rights in Guatemala and El Salvador.

    About TRICOM
    Tricom, S.A. is a full service communications services provider 
in the Dominican Republic. The Company offers local, long distance, 
mobile, cable television and broadband data transmission and Internet 
services. Through Tricom USA, the Company is one of the few Latin 
American-based long-distance carriers that is licensed by the U.S. 
Federal Communications Commission to own and operate switching 
facilities in the United States. Through its subsidiary,
TCN Dominicana, S.A., the Company is the largest cable television 
operator in the Dominican Republic based on its number of subscribers 
and homes passed.

For more information about Tricom, please visit http://www.tricom.net

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/