Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Frontier Revises Cell Phone Usage Policy - Denver-Based Airline to Allow Cell Phone Usage upon Landing

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:33:22 -0500

(March 2, 2004)
Frontier Revises Cell Phone Usage Policy - Denver-Based Airline to Allow
Cell Phone Usage upon Landing

DENVER (March 2, 2004) - Frontier Airlines (Nasdaq: FRNT) today
announced that it has revised its cell phone usage policy to allow
passengers to utilize cell phones aboard the aircraft prior to takeoff
and upon landing. The policy, which has received approval from the FAA,
applies to all Frontier aircraft at all U.S. airports.

The following conditions will apply to passengers wishing to use their
cell phones on board:
Frontier crew members will alert passengers when it is safe to use their
cell phones.

Cell phone usage will be allowed prior to closing the cabin door, during
long delays on the taxiway (at the discretion of the captain), and after
landing once the flight attendant has announced that the plane has
landed and taxied off the active runway.
Passengers must either have their cell phones with them, or access them
from the over head bin prior to descent and prior to the final alert
from a Frontier crew member regarding accessing the over-head bin.

"Frontier's first priority is the safety of its passengers and
employees," said Tom Nunn, vice president of aviation safety and
security. "At the same time, we are always striving to provide the
utmost in convenience and comfort to our customers to ensure a positive
in-flight experience. As a result, we chose to pursue approval of cell
phone usage upon landing and have now met the testing and procedural
standards set forth by the FAA to offer this added convenience."

About Frontier

Currently in its tenth year of operations, Denver-based Frontier
Airlines is the second largest jet service carrier at Denver
International Airport with a fleet of 39 aircraft and employing
approximately 3,900 aviation professionals. Frontier, in conjunction
with Frontier JetExpress operated by Horizon Air, operates routes
linking our Denver hub to 37 cities in 22 states spanning the nation
from coast-to-coast and to five cities in Mexico. Frontier's maintenance
and engineering department has received the Federal Aviation
Administration's highest award, the Diamond Certificate of Excellence,
in recognition of 100 percent of its maintenance and engineering
employees completing advanced aircraft maintenance training programs,
for five consecutive years. In August 2003, Frontier ranked as one of
the "Top 10 Domestic Airlines" as determined by readers of Travel +
Leisure magazine. Frontier provides capacity information and other
operating statistics on its Web site, which may be viewed at
www.frontierairlines.com.

http://www.frontierairlines.com/news/articleDisplay.asp?article=/general/2004/pr_03022004.news

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/