Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Radio equipment maker EFJ doubles Q4 revenue

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:32:41 -0500

February 27, 2004

Radio equipment maker EFJ doubles Q4 revenue
Benno Groeneveld

EFJ Inc. in Waseca reported its revenue for the fourth quarter of 2003
doubled compared to the same period in 2002.
The maker of radio communications equipment and encryption systems said
its sales were driven by purchases by the Department of Defense and the
federal Department of Homeland Security.

The biggest part of the company is EFJohnson, a Waseca-based radio
equipment operation, CEO Mike Jalbert said.
Transcripts International, based in Lincoln, Neb., provides the
encryption services, which makes eavesdropping on radio transmissions
virtually impossible.

Revenue for the quarter ended Dec. 31, was $23.4 million, compared to
$11.2 million in the same period in 2002.
Net income was $6.5 million, or 37 cents per share, compared to net
income of $900,000, or 5 cents per share in the fourth quarter of 2002.

For the full year, revenue rose 38 percent, to $56.2 million, from $40.8
million in 2002.
Net income excluding charges and deferred tax benefits for 2003 was $2.9
million, or 17 cents per share, up 52.6 percent from $1.9 million, or 11
cents per share.

EFJohnson employs about 140 people at its Waseca headquarters and has a
total of 216 employees worldwide.
CEO Jalbert said the company expects 20 percent to 25 percent annual
revenue growth for the next few years. Jalbert said the company is
positioned to take advantage of increased security concerns. Demand is
expected to grow for the company's voice and data communication
equipment for first responders to emergencies, such as police, fire and
medical personnel.
Shares of EFJ Inc. (Nasdaq: EFJI) closed up 2 cents, or 0.4 percent, to
$5.55 in active trading Friday.

http://twincities.bizjournals.com/twincities/stories/2004/02/23/daily46.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/