Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New iDEN Phone Data-

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:14:12 -0500

New iDEN Phone Data-

i830 WILL be released in copper (UGLY)

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=400336&native_or_pdf=pdf

Apparently, 'fashion specialists' say copper
is the color for 2004, so MOT is taking the lead in releasing this 'different'
color.

- unit is smaller than the v60

- 40% smaller than the i90

- same 130 x 130 screen as the i730 (65k colors)

- will have MMS (receive pictures, audio & ringtones)

- java enabled (J2ME)

- back 'copper' battery cover looks to be 'copper' anodized aluminum,
similar to the i730, very thin, release is on the top of the phone.

- looks to use a different battery, definitely NOT the SNN5705 standard
battery.

- keypad is black (unit had no charge, so cant confirm the backlighting)

- release scheduled '2nd Qtr, 2004'

i860
- "not much larger" than the i830, so it wont be a 'monster' phone

- Dual color displays: external 96 x 64, internal 176 x 220 (no indication if internal
display is more than 65k colors)

- built-in VGA (640 x 480) camera with flash

- picture caller ID (interconnect only)

- MMS Client

- Video playback (H.263)

- Video Capture (MJPEG)

- release scheduled 'August 2004'

i930

- GSM capable

- MS SmartPhone

- identical displays as i860

- SD memory slot

- VGA camera (same as i860)

- Video capture/playback, MMS (same as i860)

- Irda port

- no indication of 2002 or 2003 software

- release scheduled 'Qtr 04, 2004'

i315
Most durable phone

- Mil Spec 810 F (includes C,D,E)

- first unit to include MotoTalk (nextel-speak: DirecTalk)

+point-to-point DIGITAL 2-way radio (does not use network)

+uses 'frequency-hopping' to assure digital security

+uses License-Free 900 Mhz ISM band

+10 channels, 15 codes (squelch)

+Group & Individual call available

+Acknowledgement mode-basically indicates receiver's (person you are
trying to reach) status through indicator tones

+accessible through main menu item

+850mW power, range up to 8 miles (claimed, tho unlikely in real world
situations)

+access mode, enter in 10-digit PTN, press PTT

- release scheduled 'August 2004'

i325
same as above, plus:

- java enabled (J2ME)

- enhanced color screen, 96 x 65

- fixed antenna

- release scheduled 'August 2004

i315 & i325 also compatible with new 6-unit charger, made especially for
these units

i605
monolith phone (candybar style)

- 176 x 220 color display

- similar form factor as i88s

- bluetooth enabled

- java enabled

- MMS enabled

- SD Memory slot

- 2 versions will be made (with or without 1 megapixel camera & flash)

- release scheduled 'Qtr 04, 2004'

accessories coming or avail within 45 days

- heavy duty remote speaker mic

- PTT earpiece, earbud, & headset (finally!)

- falcon compatible mini-keyboard & game controller (Qtr 03, 2004)

all phones are GPS enabled
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:38:33 -0500

Motorola has confirmed that the new iDEN i325 / i315 phones (see below-designed for Public Safety)
will use Spread Spectrum on the 900 mhz ISM band for simplex communications.

Has anyone studied the effects of 900 Mhz SS when these radios are used in close proximity of  the
800mhz  Public Safety radios?

---

From: "Paul Holliday" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:16:10 -0500

IF it is using Spread Spectrum will it have the ability to talk one to all ( also called dispatch or Group call) IF I understand Spread Spectrum technology I do not believe it is possible for one to all to work,  only one to one.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Marcelrf 
  To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked] ; WFHSG 
  Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 8:38 AM
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] New iDEN Phone Data-

  Motorola has confirmed that the new iDEN i325 / i315 phones (see below-designed for Public Safety) will use Spread Spectrum on the 900 mhz ISM band for simplex communications. 
  Has anyone studied the effects of 900 Mhz SS when these radios are used in close proximity of  the 800mhz  Public Safety radios? 

  Marcelrf wrote: 

    New iDEN Phone Data- 

    - java enabled (J2ME) 

    i860 

    - MMS Client 

    - Video playback (H.263) 

    - Video Capture (MJPEG) 

    i930 

    - GSM capable 

    - MS SmartPhone 

    - SD memory slot 

    - Irda port 

    i315 
    Most durable phone 

    i325 
    same as above, plus: 

    - java enabled (J2ME) 

    - fixed antenna 

    i605 

    - bluetooth enabled 

    - java enabled 

    - MMS enabled 

    - SD Memory slot 

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
              ADVERTISEMENT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Yahoo! Groups Links

    a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/
      
    b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]
      
    c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.