Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CTIA: Exclusive Video Coverage

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:45:02 -0500

CTIA: Exclusive Video Coverage
March 24, 2004

Lucent & Nortel execs discuss the future of wireless

Previously, Verizon Wireless announced plans to expand its
BroadbandAccess service throughout additional segments of its national
footprint. As expected, the carrier has signed contracts with both
Lucent and Nortel for network equipment.
We present you with exclusive video interviews conducted by our staff
with inside analysis of the deal and broader industry trends from Lucent
and Nortel executives.

(Please note: the video clips are optimised for a broadband connection.)

In the first two years of its new three-year agreement with Lucent,
Verizon Wireless will invest more than $525 million to expand the
BroadbandAccess service. Specifically, Lucent will upgrade existing
Lucent base stations with 1xEVDO Modem Cards and software as well as any
necessary 1xEVDO Flexent Modular Cell 4.0 base stations. In addition,
Verizon will
upgrade its core network by deploying 1xEVDO RNCs and EMS (element
management system).

Lucent Mobility Solutions
President, Cindy Christy

Cindy Christy Windows
Media Version

http://www.busicast.com/hhmags/Lucent.wax
Cindy Christy Real
Media Version
http://www.busicast.com/hhmags/Lucent.ram

In a two-year agreement with Nortel Networks, which was the main
supplier of network equipment for its San Diego EVDO trial, Verizon
Wireless is expected to invest an additional $167 million. Nortel will
upgrade existing base stations throughout Verizon’s network with new
Metro Cell base stations, modules and various network services.

Nortel VP of Wireless Strategic
Marketing, David Murashige

David Murashige
Windows Media Version
http://www.busicast.com/hhmags/Nortel.wax

David Murashige Real
Media Version
http://www.busicast.com/hhmags/Nortel.ram

For the complete story on Verizon's CTIA
Wireless announcement, read

CTIA: Pedal to the Metal
http://www.telecomflash.com/default.asp?journalid=5&func=articles&page=0403tf0405

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/