Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: 800 MHz interference -

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:26:20 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From:	"Swift, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Subject:	RE: 800 MHz interference

Quote "The interference was eliminated nine days later, after Nextel
changed
frequencies at the site"

This excerpt exemplifies what should be done in all these cases of interference.  The carrier admitted they were causing a problem, they mitigated it.  What's so hard about this?  You put a bunch of crap on the band, you should fix it.  It's only been the mode of operation in the radio industry since 1934.  It served us well for many years.  It didn't cost anything at all.  It was common courtesy.  It was an understanding that radio spectrum was a scarce and, limited  resource.  Through all of this, one carrier's defense has been that they can't operate compliantly because it would impede their paying customer's ability to access their system.  If that access was impeded they would have to answer to their stockholders.  Isn't greed beautiful?  I guess when my system is off the air for retuning and, the first responders ask me why, I'll tell them the stockholders made me do it.
I sure do hope APCO and, company realize they're selling their souls here.
The next bunch that comes along and, causes interference is going to point to this plan and, mark my words, we'll be rebanding again someday.  "Well you did it for them, why are we different?"
For the record, I have cancelled my APCO membership.  Canceling my one
little APCO membership was probably an exercise in futility, but, when I
thought of the narrow margin in the 2000 presidential election, it
seemed like the right thing to do.
Regards,

Jason Swift

Not expressing any organization's opinion, just his own.....

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/