Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nokia Walkie-Talkie Plans Could Hamper Development

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:58:13 -0500

Nokia Walkie-Talkie Plans Could Hamper Development

More and more wireless carriers are rolling out mobile phones equipped
with walkie-talkie like technology, but those efforts could be hampered
by a move from Nokia. The Finnish wireless device maker reportedly is
developing walkie-talkie handsets that are not compatible with software
from its competitors – Ericsson, Motorola and Siemens. Last year the
companies agreed to ensure that all their walkie-talkie handsets and
network equipment would work together. Nokia did not comment on the
matter but did say its handsets and network software will be compatible
with an industry standard due to be finalized late in 2004. (Wall Street
Journal)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/