Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Conflicting FCC licenses, Houston metro area

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 23:04:59 -0600

Here in Houston, we've got two FCC licensees (both local news media) 
each holding the same channel pairs in an overlapping area. The two 
transmitter sites are about 30 miles apart. Each site interferes with 
the other. The address below in Missouri City, Texas is where nearly all 
of the Houston area broadcast radio and TV transmitter sites are located 
(wear your RF suit when visiting).

Fox Television Stations license WPKQ393 apparently issued October 23, 1998
5034 Mchard Rd. ("antenna alley")
Missouri City, Texas.

450.4875 and 455.4875 (plus two other pairs) at 120 watts on 600' tower.

Metro Networks license KPF310 apparently originally issued April 11, 1984
3050 Post Oak (Galleria area).
Houston, Texas

450.4875/455.4875 at 20 watts on 77' structure.

My question is ... how are issues like these normally resolved? It looks 
like the FCC messed up on this one. My guess is Fox looks to be the 
incumbent but without all the facts, it's hard to tell.

-rick

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 23:08:21 -0600

Rick Parrish wrote:

>My guess is Fox looks to be the incumbent but 
>
Whoops! Should read "Metro Networks", not Fox. It's academic, either way.

-rick

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "Gregg Lengling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:28:51 -0000

It's been a long time since I've been involved in those freqs (media freqs),
maybe 10 years.  But I seem to recall that this is normal for more than one
station/network to have the same frequency in an area.  They are not
exclusive freqs., and you just have to learn to share.

Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI, Retired
Administrator http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org
K2/100 S#3075 KX1 S# 57
Politics is the art of appearing candid and completely open, while
concealing as much as possible.   -States: The Bene Gesserit View

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Parrish [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 5:05 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Conflicting FCC licenses, Houston metro area

-rick

  _____  

Yahoo! Groups Links

*         To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

*         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=Unsubscribe> 

*         Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.