Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Enterasys Security Solution Lands At Pittsburgh Airport

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:47:42 -0500

Enterasys Security Solution Lands At Pittsburgh Airport
BY SUSAN RUSH
MARCH 2, 2004

Pittsburgh International Airport wanted to give its travelers free, yet
secure, wireless Internet access, and has turned to Enterasys Networks
to make it happen.

The wireless local area network switching vendor has delivered its
RaomAbout WLAN solution, which includes RaomAbout R2 access points, to
initially enable wireless access in the airport's food courts and two
busiest concourses. The goal of the project is to deliver wireless
Internet access throughout the entire facility by integrating the
wireless sector of the network with Enterasys' wired infrastructure.

To keep the network secure, the airport is making use of Enterasys' User
Personalized Networking, which is designed to administer and enforce
user and security policies.

"Enterasys provided us with a network infrastructure that allows us to
easily migrate to new technologies in the future," the airport's IT
manager, Tony Gialloreto, said.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Gialloreto said the agreement
was "cost effective."

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=6&pubdate=03/02/04

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/