Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Relm settles 11-year-old lawsuit

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:11:37 -0500

Relm settles 11-year-old lawsuit
March 11 12:25:00, 2004

WEST MELBOURNE, Fla.—Relm Wireless Corp. said it has reached an
agreement during pretrial discussions to settle a lawsuit filed in 1993
against its predecessor, Adage Inc.

According to the agreement, Relm will pay the plaintiff $120,000 in cash
and 6,452 in restricted common stock to settle the matter, which is
related to the note of a former affiliate totaling $1.7 million plus
$2.6 million in alleged accrued interest. The case was set to go to
trial March 22.

“The final resolution of this old claim removes the last distraction
from the past, allowing our management and board to give its full
attention to the company’s strategic initiatives and increasing
shareholder value,” said George N. Benjamin III, chairman of Relm.
“While Relm struggled in recent years to re-engineer its operations and
develop next-generation digital product technology these claims still
lingered and impacted the company’s progress. Now all these matters are
resolved, and the company’s recent string of new product introductions,
technical approvals and federal contracts opens the way to a bright
future without any of the old baggage.”

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17250
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/