Subject: [NEXTEL-1] OLD Legislation

From: "Timothy V. Peters" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:11:37 -0800

Marcel:

You posted a bunch of REALLY old information about "pending" legislation
that would impact public safety communications in California.

For the update of the group:

AB 563 - Died in Committee 2/2/04.  Would have removed the word
"digital" from legal references to interoperability standards.

AB 914 - Gutted in Committee 9/4/03.   Would have declared the intent of
the legislature to have provided a funding mechanism for public safety
communications systems. (Didn't do anything else, just declared the
intent of the pols.)  That content was replaced by a bill to require
Pacific Gas & Electric to borrow its way out of bankruptcy through the
use of state-guaranteed "recovery bonds".

SB 605 - Passed by the legislature, Vetoed by now Ex-Governor Gray Davis
10/12/03.  Would have required all public safety radio purchases be
Project 25-compatible, except those for the California Highway Patrol's
low band system.  This would have been a bit problematic, since
Corrections operates dozens of old-technology analog trunked systems, as
does the Department of Transportation.

Just to bring things current.

Anyone interested in California legislation can go to www.leginfo.ca.gov
.  Very good site.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:18:52 -0000

Tim
Thx-

I guess the congressional aide from Cali who sent it to me yesterday 
needs to stay awake at those boring meetings!

 
Yahoo! Groups Links