Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Communications recently introduced its Mobile Locator service using Openwave Systems.

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 05:56:32 -0500

3/24/2004

Wireless Week-

News Briefs:

Nextel Communications recently introduced its Mobile Locator service
using Openwave Systems' Openwave Location Manager and a custom
application that the two companies built to provide a Web-based solution
available through Nextel.com for locating handsets used by field
employees for day-to-day business activities and services. Mobile
Locator is one of the first fleet and mobile workforce management
services in North America and is currently available for use on all
Nextel handsets, Nextel says.

Diggit Entertainment Group is working with EPE (Elvis Presley
Enterprises) to produce Mobile Elvis content. The platform will feature
official Elvis-branded information, including a mobile online Elvis
content store; ringtones; video clips; commemorative Elvis photos to be
used as wallpaper and screensavers; and an Elvis premium messaging
community where fans can sign up for information about Elvis, enter
contests and receive the latest news on Elvis album releases, TV
specials and more. Diggit also plans to distribute Elvis content
directly on handsets, creating custom 'Official Elvis Channels' that
will be available from the major carriers within the U.S., Europe and
Asia, the company says.

Ericsson Technology Licensing has inked a licensing deal with NEC for
Bluetooth software. The deal calls for NEC to license the Ericsson Core
Bluetooth software stack B-C1 and B-C3.

Sierra Wireless has announced an upgrade program for current MP 750 GPS
rugged wireless modem customers to the next generation MP 775 GPS modem
for use on the AT&T Wireless EDGE network. The Sierra Wireless MP 775
GPS rugged wireless modem provides an in-vehicle mobile solution with
data transmission speeds averaging between 100 kbps and 130 kbps. The
upgrade will be available in the third quarter of 2004 and retail for
$399.

Talley Communications has forged a deal to provide Terabeam's high
frequency millimeter wave and free space optics wireless systems to
customers needing high-bandwidth connections of 100 megabits per second
to 1.25 gigabits per second. Under the terms of the agreement, Talley
will market, supply and support Terabeam's Gigalink MMW and Elliptica
and Avara FSO systems through its network of resellers.  SimTel
Technologies has raised $4.9 million in equity financing from TLcom
Capital Partners. The financing will be used to help the company invest
aggressively in further commercial and R&D projects. Simtel's mobile
network optimization technologies are designed to deliver Quality of
Service (QoS) optimization and provide mobile operators with instruments
to monitor in real time and increase network performance.  SimTel
supplies its systems and sub-systems to several major mobile operators
worldwide as well as primary telecommunication network equipment
manufacturers.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=3&pubdate=03/23/04

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/