Subject: [NEXTEL-1] QUALCOMM DEMOS CDMA PUSH-TO-TALK (June 2003)

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 04:08:30 -0500

June 2003

QUALCOMM DEMOS CDMA PUSH-TO-TALK

Qualcomm says it has successfully demonstrated push-to-talk initial call
set up performance of less than two seconds over CDMA2000 infrastructure
and handsets between dormant mobiles using its QChat technology. QChat
uses VoIP to enable virtually instantaneous push-to-talk functionality
on wireless devices operating on CDMA2000 and other CDMA 3G networks.
According to Qualcomm, "compared to other server based solutions, Qchat
performs extremely fast call setups while minimising use of the
operator's radio resources. Many competitive PTT solutions trade radio
spectrum assets for call set up performance." The QChat client is
deployed as an application on Qualcomm's Binary Runtime Environment for
Wireless (BREW) platform. Qualcomm says it is continuing discussions
with CDMA operators outside the USA regarding QChat and to date has
signed memoranda of understanding with two operators. Qualcomm expects
to announce commercial trials and demonstrations of QChat in the second
half of this year.

http://www.biz-lib.com/info/28433.pdf

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/