Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Push To Talk Wireless Summit

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 02:03:45 -0500

Push To Talk Wireless Summit

Europe : Steve Griffin from PA Consulting Group - the leading
international management, systems and technology consulting firm - will
examine the basic architecture for Push-To-Talk (PTT) technology and
weigh up the 'pros and cons' of different client-server solutions in a
paper to be given at IIR's Push-to-Talk World Summit on (10:05am) 29
March 2004 at the Earl's Court Conference Centre, London.

Steve, a consultant in Wireless Technology at PA's Cambridge Technology
Centre, will examine the basic architecture for PTT and outline
different technical solutions for the handset, network and server. By
correlating these technical options with future technology trends, the
paper will evaluate different solutions in terms of time-to-market,
potential take-up and penetration, and will align technical capability
with end-user experience.

The paper will trace a clear evolution path for PTT technology, showing
how the service will mature. It will be of particular value to engineers
and product managers involved in designing the new PTT services soon to
be offered by mobile operators.
Steve specializes in Value-Added Services and has extensive experience
in technologies and infrastructure for mobile networks and service
platforms. With PA, he has worked on a range of projects including:
feasibility and design specification for mobile networks and services
(GSM, GPRS and UMTS); technical design for UMTS bids; UMTS business
modeling and due diligence.
Through its wireless technology expertise PA Consulting Group is
the leading supplier of end-to-end solutions for the wireless
industry. PA's technology-led consultancy solutions for 3G
operators range from strategy development and business planning
through to services creation, network design and rollout
management. PA supports vendors directly through the provision
of contract design of infrastructure and handset products,
marketing and bidding support and infrastructure element design.

www.paconsulting.com/wireless

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/