Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Darpa Goes Real Time

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 02:46:23 -0500

Darpa Goes Real Time
NewsMax Wires
Saturday, Mar. 13, 2004

Darpa may have publicly abandoned its creepiest programs, like Total
Information Awareness. But the agency, holding its every-18-months
conference this week in Anaheim, still has a project to make you run
full speed into your bunker.

DARPA is starting the planning for a blimp, three times the size of
Goodyear's, that would keep watch over an entire city.

Sitting at 70,000 feet above ground, the ISIS (short for "Integrated
Sensor is Structure") airship would use a giant, flexible radar antennae
to give, in the words of Darpa program manager Larry Correy, a "dynamic,
detailed, real-time picture of all movement on or above the battlefield:
friendly, neutral or enemy."

"We will apply this technology to track people emerging from buildings
of interest and follow them as they move to new locations," added
DARPA's Paul Benda.

"Imagine the impact it will have if ISIS tracks the movement of
individuals for months. Hidden webs of connections between people and
facilities will be revealed."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/3/12/222951.shtml

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/