Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Named Public Safety Communications Supplier to Western States Contracting Alliance

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:05:53 -0500

EFJohnson Named Public Safety Communications Supplier to  Western States
Contracting Alliance 

Washington, DC – March 26, 2004 – EFJ, Inc. (NASDAQ: EFJI) announced
today that its EFJohnson subsidiary has been named as a supplier of
public safety communications equipment by the Western States Contracting
Alliance (WSCA). The WSCA contract vehicle is for EFJohnson's software
programmable 5100 series portable and 5300 series mobile radios.
EFJohnson is one of three named land mobile radio suppliers on the
contract vehicle, which initially covers 15 member states with
provisions for the WSCA Directors to approve expansion to include other
states.

"We are pleased that WSCA has recognized EFJohnson as a quality supplier
of Project 25 public safety communications equipment with our 5100
series portable and 5300 series mobile radios," said Michael E. Jalbert,
EFJ, Inc. chairman and chief executive officer. "One objective of the
WSCA contract is to increase interoperability among the member states,
and we look forward to supporting that effort. We are also excited to
have the ability to assist the numerous agencies across those states in
performing their vital day-to-day missions."

"The EFJohnson equipment was reviewed by Don Pfohl of the Oregon State
Police and Bill DeCamp of Northern California APCO, members of the APCO
Project 25 Standards Board, " said Guy Cranor, State Procurement Officer
for Washington State, the lead state of WSCA. "In a separate WSCA
evaluation, the radios meet all required specifications. We looked at
the product first before considering price and always kept our eye on
the highest standards for public safety communications equipment.
EFJohnson provided us with a quality product at a competitive digital
radio price." For the those state and local agencies interested in using
the WSCA Contract, visit www.ga.wa.gov/purchase then select current
contracts, then search by contract number 02702.  For more information
on WSCA, visit their website www.aboutwsca.org.

About WSCA
The WSCA contract has portable radios, mobile radios, base stations,
aircraft FM and AM bands, microwave radios and complete microwave
solutions, waveguide, towers, IP solutions, and analog and digital test
equipment. There are 18 contractors on contract to support your
installed base or provide competitively bid new systems and equipment. 

About EFJohnson
EFJohnson provides digital Project 25 compliant interoperable wireless
communications systems solutions for federal, state and local agencies
involved with homeland security and public safety. EFJohnson, founded in
1923, was one of the first developers of wireless communications
products to be fully compliant with federal government interoperability
specifications. The company designs, manufactures, and markets
conventional and trunked radio systems, land mobile radio repeaters and
mobile and portable radios. For more information, visit
www.efjohnson.com.
 
About EFJ, Inc.
EFJ, Inc. is the holding company of industry-leading wireless
telecommunications equipment and solutions businesses.  EFJ, Inc. is
home to the EFJohnson Company, one of the first developers of Project 25
mobile communications products compliant with federal government
interoperability standards, and Transcrypt International, a leader in
secure voice communication solutions.  EFJ, Inc. has a team in place
with experience in telecommunications and government sales. EFJohnson
and Transcrypt International are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc.
For more information, visit www.efji.com.

Certain matters discussed in this press release constitute
forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities
Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements relate
to, among other matters, future sales forecast and anticipated sales
growth. These forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks
and uncertainties that could cause the actual results, performance or
achievements to differ materially from those expressed, suggested or
implied by the forward-looking statements due to a number of risk
factors including, but not limited to, the level of demand for the
Company's products and services, the timely procurement of necessary
manufacturing components, dependence on continued funding of
governmental agency programs, and other risks detailed in the Company's
reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its
Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2003.  The
Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any
forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information,
future events, or otherwise.  Readers are cautioned not to place undue
reliance on these forward-looking statements.   

Tim Gwin
Director of Sales - Western Region
EF Johnson Company
303-451-6340 office
303-520-7929 cell
[email-masked]

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/