Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Underground cellphone coverage

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 02:08:17 -0500

Underground cellphone coverage

Bulgaria's M-Tel subscribers are able to use their mobile phones in the
Sofia Subway. A high-tech system which has been mounted for the first
time in Bulgaria is used for securing the coverage. The connection is
provided by a sole base station. Fiber optics is used for transferring
the signal from the different points of the subway to the base station.
This way minimum transfer losses are guaranteed.

The capacity of the system is sufficient for operator signal coverage of
all the future subway sectors without mounting any additional equipment.

The Capital City Subway became one of the few subways in Europe with a
complete mobile operator connection. Even the Moscow, London and Paris
subways do not have such a connection. Most of the other subways have
partial signal coverage of some of the mobile operators.

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10835.shtml

Posted to the site on 15-Mar-04

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/