Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CDMA450 trials begin in Brazil- Cant have the 1900Mhz spectrum, goes for 450Mhz instead

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 03:12:31 -0500

CDMA450 trials begin in Brazil Cant have the1900 spectrum, goes for 450
instead
Posted to the site on 05-Mar-04

Lucent Technologies has announced it is conducting a trial of commercial
CDMA450 technology in Brazil in conjunction with Anatel, the federal
communications agency in Brazil. The trial is part of Anatel's "Digital
Inclusion and Universal Internet Access" project, an effort to explore
technologies that can help bridge the "digital divide" in the country.
The trial of CDMA450 - CDMA2000 wireless technology deployed in 450 MHz
spectrum -- covers the region surrounding Brasilia, Brazil's capital,
and follows a successful series of CDMA450 voice and data calls and
demonstrations completed by Lucent for Anatel.

"CDMA450 is an ideal technology to address the lack of last-mile access
to voice and data services in countries with vast territories, such as
Brazil, because it can cost-effectively provide superior capacity and
coverage with fewer wireless base stations than competing technologies,"
said Luiz Claudio Rosa, vice president of business development, Lucent
Technologies Brazil. "CDMA450 has the potential to not only bridge the
digital divide, but to leapfrog it, because it can be used for both
mobile and fixed services -- wideband or narrowband -- delivering voice,
high-speed data, video or any combination of these services to
previously underserved or unreachable areas."

CDMA450 is currently being evaluated by telecommunications regulatory
agencies in Brazil. Lucent is working with Anatel in Brazil and other
regulatory agencies in Latin America, sharing studies and trial results
to demonstrate the benefits of this technology. Lucent's CDMA450
solutions support third-generation (3G) wireless technologies such as
CDMA2000 1X, which provides voice and data capabilities, and CDMA2000
1xEV-DO, which provides high-speed data capabilities at speeds of up to
2.4 Megabits per second.

Lucent, the first to deliver CDMA450 solutions globally, has deployed
commercial networks in 450 MHz spectrum for Delta Telecom and Moscow
Cellular Communications -- both part of the SkyLink initiative in Russia
-- and Zapp Mobile in Romania, and is conducting numerous CDMA450 trials
with customers around the world.

 http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10779.shtml

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/