Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: The Denver City Council fired the city's director of the Offic...

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:46:20 -0000

Alan,

What are you talking about?  

He got fired for poor job performence that is the story. What other impression could you get from not including the entire story? It must be a slow "SCAM PLAN" lobbying day...........

--- In [email-masked], landmobilelawyer@a... wrote:
> Of course, not including the entire story might give one an improper 
> impression to one not inclined to go to the linke of what the story was about, so here 
> is the complete news story.......
> 
> Council axes telecom chief 
> Smits' performance on job is questioned 
> By April M. Washington, Rocky Mountain News
> February 24, 2004 
> The Denver City Council fired the city's director of the Office of 
> Telecommunications on Monday, after previously citing him for poor job performance and a 
> failure to collect fees from Comcast in a timely manner.
> The council voted 13-0 to fire Dean Smits, moments after emerging from a 
> closed-door session. The city's telecommunications office reports to the council 
> and enforces Denver cable franchise agreements with Comcast and Champion 
> Broadband and oversees public-access TV programing.
> 
> In a message dated 3/19/2004 2:09:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
> Marcelrf@B... writes:
> Council axes telecom chief
> Smits' performance on job is questioned
> 
> By April M. Washington, Rocky Mountain News
> February 24, 2004
> 
> The Denver City Council fired the city's director of the Office of
> Telecommunications on Monday, after previously citing him for poor job
> performance..........
> 
> 
> http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_2678706,00.html

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:37:45 EST

In a message dated 3/19/2004 2:09:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
Council axes telecom chief
Smits' performance on job is questioned

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:52:48 -0500

In all deference, it sounds like it had more to do with cable TV
revenue-chasing than anything else.  Here in the 6th safest city in America,
the town collects about $2.25 million in yearly cable franchise fees.  If
the muni owns power/telco poles, that could add $12 a pole, and a city that
size might have 10,000 poles - another $120K in revenue.  Sometimes town
employees don't realize how much revenue they are overlooking, much to the
delight of the cable and pole attaching entities!  

Just my opinion...

Todd Ellis

-----Original Message-----
From: marcel_rf1 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 2:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: The Denver City Council fired the city's director of
the Offic...

Alan,

He got fired for poor job performence that is the story. What other
impression could you get from not including the entire story? It must be a
slow "SCAM PLAN" lobbying day...........

> Telecommunications on Monday, after previously citing him for poor job
performance and a 
> Telecommunications on Monday, after previously citing him for poor job
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_2678706,00.ht
ml

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:03:35 -0500

True,

He failed to Perform his job.......

Regardless if  it was chasing cable cash, pushing the "SCAM PLAN"  or washing
cars he did not keep the boss happy.

 
Yahoo! Groups Links