Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Popular Annual TIA Policy Summit Quickly Approaching

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:01:27 -0500

Popular Annual TIA Policy Summit Quickly Approaching

Every year, TIA and representatives of its member companies join with
key government policy officials in an informal and relaxed setting to
discuss and debate critical policy issues facing the industry. TIA is
holding its 5th Annual Spring Policy Summit March 26-28 in Cambridge,
Md. The event is part of TIA’s SUPERnet®* Conference Series.

The theme of this year’s summit is Job Creation and

Economic Recovery: the Role of the Information and Communications
Technology Sector. This reflects the recognition that the converging
communications industry must be a critical driver of the U.S. and global
economies in the years to come. Demand continues to rise for
multi-platform high-speed connectivity to support important applications
such as telemedicine, distance learning, interactive video and voice
over IP. The agenda, highlighted by government and industry panel
discussions, affords attendees an opportunity to focus on identifying
policy solutions to help accelerate the domestic and global deployment
of wired and wireless advanced communications and information
technologies.

The conference program will include keynote addresses on the current
state of the economy and what key political issues are critical to the
sustained turnaround of the telecom industry. Michael D. Gallagher,
acting assistant secretary for communications and information at the
National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), part
of the U.S.  Department of Commerce, and other senior government
officials will be making presentations.

Policy panel discussions will highlight industry-related issues
including research and development and innovation; insights from senior
representatives across the federal government on policy agendas for 2004
relating to broadband, wireless, telecom and the economy; and the policy
and regulatory implications of emerging VoIP and other IP-enabled
applications.

For more information on participating in the Spring Policy Summit,
contact Derek Khlopin at (703) 907-7739, [email-masked].
http://pulse.tiaonline.org/article.cfm?id=1942
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/