Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Licenses Advanced CTIA Compliant Wireless Test Technology, Accelerating Industry's Test Capabilities

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:12:08 -0500

Motorola Licenses Advanced CTIA Compliant Wireless Test Technology,
Accelerating Industry's Test Capabilities

Licensed Technology Enables The Howland Company to Provide the First

Commercially Available Automated Testing Software Suite - Improving
Speed and
Costs for Wireless Testing

LIBERTYVILLE, Ill., March 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola, Inc.
(NYSE: MOT), a global leader in wireless, automotive and broadband
communications, announced plans to license its advanced technology for
automated wireless performance measurement.  This technology is fully
compliant with the total isotropic sensitivity (TIS) and total radiated
power (TRP) test specifications defined by the Cellular
Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA).  Licensed technology
also includes product development test suites which reduce product
development time for personal wireless devices, and anechoic fixture
technology, which lowers the measurement uncertainty in anechoic
chambers for more accurate and precise wireless measurements.

The Howland Company is the first to license Motorola's advanced wireless
measurement and performance technology, enabling the Howland Company to
customize and sell an automated wireless test system providing
unprecedented cost-savings, measurement precision, speed, and
functionality for testing personal wireless devices.

Leveraging The Howland Company's CTIA compliant chambers, Motorola is
elevating wireless testing to the next level and creating a complete
turnkey hardware and software solution - significantly increasing the
speed in which wireless devices can be tested, resulting in increased
wireless chamber capacity.

"Establishing an alliance with the Howland Company enables Motorola to
create an industry-leading wireless testing solution, reducing the time
and money spent during the radio frequency testing of our mobile
phones," said Yvonne Verse, vice president, IP Licensing, Motorola
Mobiles. "The combination of our automated wireless test software with
Howland's chambers will provide end-users with the benefit of higher
quality devices." "We are pleased to work with Motorola to create a best
in class wireless testing turnkey solution," said Ray Howland, president
of The Howland Company.  "With a more efficient and effective testing
process available, the quality of handsets delivered will improve,
resulting in improved customer satisfaction and creating a win-win
situation for handset manufacturers and end-users alike."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-22-2004/0002132499&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/