Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Subject: Re: FCC to cancel 3000 P/S radio licenses on March 31st

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:18:53 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Bill Waugaman" <wwaugaman@c...>
Subject: Re: FCC to cancel 3000 P/S radio licenses on March 31st

All:

When I saw this posting a few days ago, I knew that our city licenses
were already 'audited" but decided, "what the heck, another check of the
web site won't hurt". Better safe than sorry.

I was surprised to find one of our Public Safety "Partners", the local
General Hospital, had not responded to the audit, and was in danger of
having it's UHF MED channel license cancelled. Especially when their
Repeaters are on one of our towers.
A quick phone call to the right people at the hospital got them on their
way to responding to the audit. Since the responsible person's name was
not on the letter, she had never received any of the audit notices.
I then did a quick look at other cities in VA, and then my old turf of
Philly and Pittsburgh. It seems the letters are not being delivered to
the right people at our local hospitals. Every city I checked had at
least one hospital on the list. Philly's list is a who's-who of medical
care in that town.

My point? Take a few minutes this weekend and visit the audit site, and
make sure that your friends, Public Safety "Partners" and customers are
not out there, unaware of the looming cancellation of their license. It
might also be a great door-opener for the dealers on the list.

The site? http://wireless.fcc.gov/licensing/audits/plmrs/index.html

Please feel free to cross-post this posting.
Bill Waugaman
Radio Systems Engineer
City of Virginia Beach
2425 Nimmo Parkway, Room G72
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
(757) 563-1858
[email-masked]

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/