Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Newbury Networks Awarded Key Patent For Detecting and Tracking Wireless Devices by Location over 802.11-

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:59:26 -0500

Newbury Networks Awarded Key Patent For Detecting and Tracking Wireless
Devices by Location over 802.11-Based WLANs

Patented technology provides critical component for accurately and
reliably
detecting and tracking wireless devices

BOSTON, Feb. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Newbury Networks Inc.,
(http://www.newburynetworks.com) the provider of the industry's first
and only
location-based monitoring and security solutions for wireless networks
today
announced that it was awarded a patent by the U.S. Patent Office for its

technology that detects the real-time position and tracks the location
of any
802.11 device over a wireless LAN (WLAN).  Newbury Networks' Patent No.
6,674,403 B2 details the system and methods for performing tasks such as

motion tracking of 802.11 devices as well as monitoring the status and
configuration of standard 802.11-based access points.
"This patent further validates Newbury's position in the wireless
networking space as the technology leader for location-based monitoring
and
security," said Michael Maggio, president and CEO, Newbury Networks.
"Both
the marketplace and our growing customer base have reinforced the
message that
our location-based technology is redefining how to better manage and
secure
wireless networks.  In the rapidly growing and still confusing WLAN
management
market, many companies are clamoring to provide similar location
tracking
capabilities to manage and secure wireless LANs, yet only Newbury
Networks has
delivered on this today, in an accurate and reliable fashion.  By
leveraging
our now patented core technology, we will continue to improve and
enhance our
ground-breaking product offerings."
Newbury's patented technology is unique in that it requires no special
client-side configuration or software to be detected and tracked.  Since
the
location tracking and processing occurs at the server side, the network
performance is enhanced and for applications such as WLAN security, the
accuracy and reliability are greatly increased.
Through its patented location technology, Newbury's award-winning WiFi
Watchdog(TM) solution provides the industry's only true physical
perimeter
security capabilities for 802.11.  The product delivers its monitoring,
management and security features by enabling enterprises to prevent
outside
intruders from penetrating the network and legitimate inside users from
accidentally associating with neighboring wireless networks outside or
overlapping the enterprise.
WiFi Watchdog works with any standard WLAN deployment to detect, monitor

and secure the location of all 802.11 traffic. It identifies any type of

802.11 device -- authorized or unauthorized -- including rogue access
points
and various wireless attacks and then immediately alerts IT/Security
personnel
of any intruder actions.

About Newbury Networks
Newbury Networks is the provider of the industry's first and only
location-based monitoring and security solution that enables IT/Security

professionals at enterprises, healthcare, government/military
facilities, and
public hotspots to detect, monitor and secure WLANs by location.
Newbury's
award-winning WiFi Watchdog provides unprecedented security through its
patented location-based tracking and monitoring capabilities.  In
addition to
its core application platform, LocaleServer(TM), Newbury offers
specialized
packaged applications for organizations to rapidly enable services and
applications for network and content provisioning by location.
Unlike traditional wireless "sniffers" and network management solutions,

Newbury's products provide breakthrough capabilities for monitoring and
managing WLANs by location - ultimately resulting in enhanced security
and
system performance.  And unlike other location-based offerings, its
server-
based approach enables content and network provisioning, tracking,
logging and
analysis. Newbury Networks was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in
Boston.

Newbury Networks, LocaleServer and WiFi Watchdog are trademarks of
Newbury
Networks, Inc.  All other company and product names are property of
their
respective companies.

Contact Information:
Jamie Farrell
FitzGerald Communications
617-585-2261
[email-masked]

Chuck Conley
Newbury Networks
(617) 867-7124
[email-masked]

SOURCE Newbury Networks Inc.
Web Site: http://www.newburynetworks.com

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/