Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tower Falls Causing Blackout-

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:03:43 -0500

Tower Falls Causing Blackout-

(Hamburg, NY March 19, 2004) A massive black-out left thousands of
people in the dark overnight. Crews worked well into the night to
restore power throughout the Southtowns. About 20,000 NIMO and NYSEG
customers who were affected, have power again this morning.

Early last night, lights flickered and then went out in places from
Lackawanna into the Southern Tier. Authorities say the source of the
problem was actually in West Seneca. A high-tension tower off Route 400
snapped, bringing down some wires that supply power to surrounding
towns. Strangely enough, the lights stayed on in West Seneca, but went
out in Hamburg, Derby and Angola. Volunteers had to work to power up
traffic signals again.

The outage proved frustrating for basketball fans who wanted to see the
games here on Channel 4, and the Red Top Restaurant in Hamburg closed
early, after just reopening for the season. The last word we have is
that most of Niagara Mohawk's customers who may still be without power
are in Lackawanna, and most of NYSEG's affected customers are in Silver
Creek, Forestville and Irving.

 http://www.comtrainusa.com/News/Massive%20Blackout/WIVB%20TV4%20Buffalo,%20NY%20-%20Massive%20Blackout.htm

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/