Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:35:44 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter -
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/78940/793725
Thursday, March 18, 2004
================================================================

-------------------------------------
TOP NEWS STORIES
-------------------------------------

1) Silicon Wave, RFMD Launch New Bluetooth Radio Modem
2) European RF, Baseband Semiconductor Market for Wireless Handsets to
Exceed $15B by 2010
3) Flarion Announces FLASH-OFDM Chipsets and Modems for Devices,
Handsets
4) Axiom Microdevices Files Formal Rejection of Silicon Labs' Lawsuit

---------------------------------------

1) Silicon Wave, RFMD Launch New Bluetooth Radio Modem

Silicon Wave and RF Micro Devices announced their newest UltimateBlue
Bluetooth single-chip IC, the SiW1722, designed exclusively to meet the
RF, power, and cost requirements of CDMA mobile phones using CDMA
chipsets with an integrated Bluetooth baseband...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/78941/793725

2) European RF, Baseband Semiconductor Market for Wireless Handsets to
Exceed $15B by 2010

The European RF and baseband semiconductor market for wireless handsets
was $6.03 billion in 2003, and is projected to reach $15.26 billion in
2010. Balancing price and performance will likely be the critical
competitive factor in this market, according to consultancy Frost &
Sullivan...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/78942/793725

3) Flarion Announces FLASH-OFDM Chipsets and Modems for Devices,
Handsets

Flarion Technologies, the architect of the IP-friendly FLASH-OFDM
wireless broadband system, today announced the product availability of
Flarion's latest modems and embedded chipsets for use in laptops, tablet
PCs, PDAs, and handsets...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/78943/793725

4) Axiom Microdevices Files Formal Rejection of Silicon Labs' Lawsuit

Axiom Microdevices announced that it has filed a formal rejection of the
claims made by Silicon Laboratories in its recently announced lawsuit.
In addition, Axiom demanded that Silicon Labs supply the court with
strict proof of any facts that support its allegations...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/78944/793725

-------------------------------------
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-------------------------------------

Application Note: Fundamentals of Interference in Wireless Networks

This application note presents the subject of interference and its
degrading effects on the performance of wireless networks. It provides a
brief theory of operation of communications receivers and antennae, as
well as instructions on how to locate and identify an interfering
signal....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/78945/793725

-------------------------------------
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------

1) EMI and RFI Design Consulting
2) Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillators
3) 943 Low Loss Green Tape Material System

---------------------------------------

1) EMI and RFI Design Consulting

Corry Micronics' skilled Design Engineers, with many years of industry
experience, are available for consultation whenever you experience any
EMI / RFI issues. When standardized solutions will not do, Corry
Micronics specializes in designing custom solutions for the unique needs
of its customers...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/78946/793725

2) Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillators

Corning's TCXO (temperature compensated crystal oscillator) typically
consists of a precision quartz crystal, a temperature compensation
network, an oscillator circuit and a variety of buffer and/or output
stages determined by the output requirement. Downloadable product
catalog available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/78947/793725

3) 943 Low Loss Green Tape Material System

DuPont Green Tape material systems meet the demands for electronics
functioning in extreme heat and other harsh environments. Green Tape
LTCC dielectric substrates, conductors, and resistors can be used to
build multi-layer modules with a cost-effective parallel process.
Downloadable summary sheets and product selection guide are available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/78948/793725

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/