Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Trimble TrimTrac Locator Receives Regulatory Approval for North America

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:55:38 -0500

Trimble TrimTrac Locator Receives Regulatory Approval for North America

Device Meets PTCRB Requirements Governing the Release of GSM 1900
Capable
Products

SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Trimble
(Nasdaq: TRMB) announced today that its new TrimTrac(TM) locator has
successfully completed the PTCRB (PCS Type Certification Review Board)
requirements governing the release of new GSM 1900 capable wireless
communications products in the North American market. Additionally, the
device
also passed all relevant GSM 900/1800 GCF (Global Certification Forum)
conformance tests.

The TrimTrac locator, introduced at the International Consumer
Electronics
Show in early January, is a complete end-user device that combines low
cost
GSM wireless communications with GPS technology. It can be
battery-powered or
connected to external 12 VDC power and is ideally suited for
location-based
service providers and system integrators interested in providing
affordable
personal vehicle monitoring services to a broad range of subscribers.
Priced at 20 to 80 percent lower than other comparable devices on the
market today, the TrimTrac locator enables cost-effective automatic
position
reporting for personal vehicle monitoring, security and theft recovery.
The
device can also support select roadside assistance and concierge
services with
application server and call center capabilities provided by third-party
service providers.

"Many of our long-term service provider customers had been asking
Trimble
to develop a low cost, automotive-grade GPS location device like
TrimTrac,"
said William Dussell, director of integrated products for Trimble's
Component
Technologies Division. "Most of these companies are in the service
business
and did not necessarily want to develop their own hardware. Obtaining
PTCRB
approval of the TrimTrac location device is an important milestone
toward
releasing this product in North America."

The TrimTrac locator incorporates GSM Protocol Stack software from
TTPCom
Ltd. Headquartered in Cambridge, England, TTPCom is one of the world's
leading
independent suppliers of digital wireless technology. The company's
Protocol
Stack software has approvals with over 70 major network operators across

Europe, Asia, America and Australia.

7 layers US, a recognized PTCRB test lab and service center, issued
notice
that the Trimble TrimTrac device has passed the technical evaluation and
that
all relevant declarations and documentation supporting this product have
been
submitted. The test results were provided to CTIA on Feb. 6, 2004.
For more information about the TrimTrac locator, visit
http://www.trimtrac.com or http://www.trimble.com/trimtrac.html .

About TTPCom
With facilities in Cambridge, UK, and Burlington, MA, USA, TTPCom Ltd.
is
the principal operating subsidiary of TTP Communications plc (LSE: TTC).
The
company develops intellectual property used in the design and
manufacture of
wireless communication terminals and during 2003 over 23 million devices
using
TTPCom's digital cellular technology were sold.  TTPCom licenses its
technology to leading semiconductor and terminal manufacturers
worldwide.
TTPCom has established an industry standard with its GPRS platform,
offers
EDGE, 3G, Wireless LAN and Wireless PAN solutions and, for those
manufacturers
for whom a fast time to market is critical, TTPCom also offers complete
handset and module designs.  More information can be found on TTPCom's
website
at:  http://www.ttpcom.com .

About 7 Layers, Inc.
7 layers is an engineering company for the wireless communications
industry with broad expertise in development, testing and qualification
for
Bluetooth(R), GSM, GPRS, 3G and other wireless technologies.
Manufacturers,
network operators and test houses all benefit from 7 layers' services,
which
range from optimisation of technology and product development via
customized
InterLab(R) solutions for professional testing to worldwide
qualification
services in our own InterLab(R) laboratories. 7 layers has service
centres and
laboratories in Germany, UK, USA and a joint venture with the RITT in
P.R.
China, called ritt7layers.

About Trimble
Trimble is a leading innovator of Global Positioning System (GPS)
technology. In addition to providing advanced GPS components, Trimble
augments
GPS with other positioning technologies as well as wireless
communications and
software to create complete customer solutions. Trimble's worldwide
presence
and unique capabilities position the Company for growth in emerging
applications including surveying, automobile navigation, machine
guidance,
asset tracking, wireless platforms, and telecommunications
infrastructure.
Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., Trimble has more
than
2,000 employees in more than 20 countries worldwide.
For an interactive look at company news and other products, visit
Trimble's Web site at http://www.trimble.com .

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/