Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Timmy's - NETWORK RELIABILITY AND INTEROPERABILITY COUNCIL MEETTING

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:49:18 -0500

DA 04-703
March 15, 2004

NETWORK RELIABILITY AND INTEROPERABILITY COUNCIL TO HOLD ITS FIRST
MEETING UNDER ITS RENEWED CHARTER

The Network Reliability and Interoperability Council (“Council”) will
hold its first meeting under its renewed charter Tuesday, March 30,
2004, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Commission Meeting Room,
TW-C305 at 445 12th Street, S.W., Washington, D.C.

The Council was established by the Federal Communications Commission to
bring together leaders of the telecommunications industry and
telecommunications experts from academic, consumer, and other
organizations to explore and recommend measures that will enhance
network security and reliability.  Timothy Donahue, President and Chief
Executive Officer of Nextel Communications Inc. will chair the meeting.

At this first meeting under the Council’s new charter, the Council will
discuss the modifications that have been made to the Council’s charter
and how those modifications should be addressed, and any additional
issues that may come before it.  The Charter is available at
www.nric.org

Members of the general public may attend the meeting. The Federal
Communications Commission will attempt to accommodate as many people as
possible. Admittance, however, will be limited to the seating
available.  Unless so requested by the Council’s Chair, there will be no
public oral participation, but the public may submit written comments to
Jeffery Goldthorp, the Federal Communications Commission’s Designated
Federal Officer for the Network Reliability and Interoperability
Council, before the meeting.  Mr. Goldthorp’s U.S. Postal Service mail
address is Jeffery Goldthorp, Chief, Network Technology Division, Office
of Engineering and Technology, Federal Communications Commission, 445
12th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20554.

Open captioning will be provided for this event.  Other reasonable
accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request.
Include a description of the accommodation you will need including as
much detail as you can.  Also include a way we can contact you if we
need more information.  Make your request as early as possible; please
allow at least 5 days advance notice.  Last minute requests will be
accepted, but may be impossible to fill.  Send an e-mail to
[email-masked] or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau:

  For sign language interpreters, CART, and other reasonable
accommodations:
  202-418-0530 (voice), 202-418-0432 (tty)

  For accessible format materials (braille, large print, electronic
files, and audio format):  202-418-0531 (voice), 202-418-7365 (tty)

For further information contact Jeffery Goldthorp, 202-418-1096 (voice),
202-418-2989 (tty).  Real Audio and streaming video access to the
meeting will be available at  http://www.fcc.gov

- FCC -

=================================================
NETWORK RELIABILITY AND  INTEROPERABILITY COUNCIL (NRIC) VII
Tuesday, March 30, 2004
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street Southwest, Washington D.C.
Commission Meeting Room (12th Street entrance)
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

 Opening  Jeffery Goldthorp
  FCC Designated Federal Officer

 NRIC VII Vision FCC Chairman Michael Powell

 Introductions NRIC VII Chairman Timothy Donahue
 NRIC VII Expectations

 Network Security Dr. Bill Hancock
  VP - Security
  Savvis

 E911 – A View from the Steve Marzolf
Trenches President – National Association
 Of State E911 Coordinators

 NRIC VII Nancy Carlsen
 Focus Group Structure Chair, NRIC VII Steering Committee
 Focus Group Membership

 Questions and Answers Council members

 Closing Remarks FCC Chairman Michael Powell

 Closing Remarks NRIC VII Chairman Timothy Donahue

 Adjourn Jeffery Goldthorp
 FCC Designated Federal Officer
======================================================

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/