Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PTT-Ecrio and Lucent Technologies Partner to Develop Client Software for IMS-based Networks

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:58:08 -0500

March 24, 2004

PTT-Ecrio and Lucent Technologies Partner to Develop Client Software for
IMS-based Networks

CUPERTINO, Calif., March 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Ecrio Inc., a leading
provider of instant communications software solutions, today announced
that it has signed an agreement with Lucent Technologies to supply a
suite of mobile clients designed to support Lucent's Accelerate(TM) IMS
(IP Multimedia Subsystem) IP core network offering. The Accelerate IMS
is a service delivery solution that enables third-generation (3G) mobile
service providers to deploy advanced services including Instant
Messaging and Presence Services (IMPS), Push-to-Talk over Cellular (PoC)
and Voice over IP (VoIP).

The Ecrio IMS Client offering -- optimized for mobile terminals -- will
incorporate a versatile IMS client software-developers kit (SDK) and a
suite of IMS applications. The IMS Client SDK includes a library and IMS
Client Toolkit that comply with standards for 3G networks developed by
the 3G Partnership Project (3GPP) and 3GPP2, industry bodies responsible
for the development of 3G standards.

Ecrio's IMS client solution will be portable across a variety of devices
environments including native OS, Symbian OS, PocketPC, Smartphone,
BREW(TM) and PalmOS(R). Like other Ecrio applications, the Ecrio IMS
Client Software will support easy integration with various chipset
platforms, including Texas Instrument's OMAP(TM) platform.

The Ecrio solution will be fully interoperable with Lucent's Accelerate
IMS Infrastructure, and conform with 3GPP and 3GPP2 standards, ensuring
that the clients can support networks based on CDMA2000,
UMTS/Wideband-CDMA, as well as legacy GPRS networks.

We are delighted to continue our partnership with Ecrio, said Jeff
Cortley, director of marketing strategy and strategic alliances with
Lucent's Mobility Solutions Group. Ecrio has consistently shown
leadership in providing robust and reliable mobile instant
communications software.

We are excited to expand our relationship with Lucent, said Nagesh
Challa, Ecrio's President & CEO. We share the same vision of providing a
single integrated client -- designed to support IMS-based networks --
that enables the delivery of next-generation combined voice and data
services to a host of mobile devices.

To arrange meetings, demonstrations and for further information, please
contact Michel Gannage: +1-408-366-7900 x103, [email-masked].

About Ecrio

Ecrio Inc. is an instant communications software provider, headquartered
in Cupertino, California. Ecrio provides wireless carriers and terminal
vendors a suite of presence and availability based communication
software for messaging and voice communications.

The Ecrio solutions have been selected by Lucent Technologies, Panasonic
Mobile Communications Co. Ltd, Siemens ICM and Teleca AB, as the IMPS
offering for mobile carriers. http://www.ecrio.com/

CONTACT: media, Lina Martin of Ecrio Inc., +1-408-366-7900, ext. 110,
[email-masked]

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2004/Mar/1025743.htm

Web site: http://www.ecrio.com/

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/