Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ABI Research Revises Base Station Market Share Data

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:29:45 -0500

ABI Research Revises Base Station Market Share Data

Market analyst ABI Research, based in Oyster Bay, N.Y., has revised its
base station infrastructure market share data to reflect previously
unavailable information from key wireless vendors. Most affected by the
revision is market share data for Motorola.

The wireless infrastructure business of Motorola did not suffer a
tumultuous drop in market share as ABI previously announced. Motorola in
fact has reported a decline in revenues from 2002 to 2003 of only 4
percent. This is in the context of an industry that has experienced an
even greater decline in 2003. Over the long run, the wireless
infrastructure market is poised such that the vendor who emerges as the
premier provider of UMTS infrastructure will likely be the market share
leader for wireless infrastructure.

ABI projects growth of 52 percent in UMTS infrastructure from 2004 to
2009. ABI's Wireless Infrastructure Quarterly Service examines the
worldwide base station market and the pending transition to 3G,
including the various hurdles faced by operators, equipment providers,
and startups. A regional examination is included to give readers a view
of how the global networks are changing. Details on UMTS deployments and
operator contract awards can also be found as part of the service, along
with other analysis of other 3G technologies, including CDMA2000.

www.telecomweb.com

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/