Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NAC MAKES BLOCKING BPL A TOP PRIORITY

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:04:37 -0500

3/30/2004

NAC MAKES BLOCKING BPL A TOP PRIORITY

The National Antenna Consortium said in a fundraising letter that
blocking rollout of broadband-over-powerline technologies was its
number one national priority.  The group rated its top issues in a
letter  from Don Schellhardt, vice president-government relations.  The
letter
encourages recipients to join or rejoin the grassroots movement of
amateur radio operators.  On a scale of one to 10, the group said it
was  rating blocking BPL at 9.9.  By contrast, the third most critical
issue
-
expedited siting for commercial communications towers - was ranked
at only 5.0.   One source said today the letter appears to bear out the
extent to which the group has made an attack on the new technology a
rallying call for radio operators.  Howard Buskirk, [email-masked]

http://www.tr.com/online/trd/2004/td033004/index.htm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/