Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 9/11 Lawsuit Against Motorola, City Of New York Dismissed]

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:21:49 -0500

Dow Jones Business News
9/11 Lawsuit Against Motorola, City Of New York Dismissed
Wednesday March 10, 8:19 pm ET

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--A federal judge Wednesday dismissed a lawsuit 
brought against the city of New York and Motorola Inc. (NYSE:MOT - News) 
over radios that failed on Sept. 11, 2001.

Relatives of 12 firefighters killed in the terrorist attack on the World 
Trade Center filed the lawsuit in federal court in December and expanded 
it to include Motorola in January.

The lawsuit alleged the defendants provided the firefighters with faulty 
radios, deprived them of adequate protection, and made fraudulent 
misrepresentations regarding the radios.

On Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein dismissed the 
lawsuit, saying that by making claims with the Victim Compensation Fund, 
the plaintiffs had waived any claim to damages in civil suits related to 
the attacks.

-By Christine Nuzum, Dow Jones Newswires; 212-227-2017

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/040310/2019001150_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/