Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: ARRL video audibly demonstrates BPL-generated interference]

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:37:07 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Mark Hurley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: ARRL video audibly demonstrates BPL-generated interference

Is Nextel the one to beat in the game of technology? How do companies
like Verizon and Comcast come in to the picture? Is there a threat that
the larger companies could take the business away from the smaller
analog based land mobile equipment dealers? It seem to me from the
articles I've read that Public safety is probably going to be the
driving factor for any major advances. Are there any emerging companies
that pose a threat to changing the industry? Will all of you be in favor
of BPL or will that be detrimental to small business and amateur
players?

Just to let all of you know, my skills within the industry are from an
accounting/ finance and business management perspective. I'm in no way
highly skilled technically so sometimes I can get lost with the
frequency/ spectrum and testing talk. I am however getting a better
sense of the major groups in the industry that are working on
advancement issues which is very helpful to stay on top of their
discussions. I appreciate the information that has been given to me from
all of you, and if I can help in return in my areas of speciality,
please don't hesitate to ask. 

mark
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: BobC 
  Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 7:33 PM
  Subject: Re: ARRL video audibly demonstrates BPL-generated
interference

  Mark I totally agree with you.
  But..I don't make the rules. 

  To an extent I'm sure even the BPL proponents had to prove, in some 
  way, their systems won't interfere with incumbent licensees.

  I don't know how they did prove their stuff won't interfere.

  The fortunate part of law, at least where I was, is that you can 
  shoot the burglar if you catch him in your house. You are not 
  required to escape or leave your own house. You can even shoot him 
  in your yard if you are absolutely sure there was someone
  (family/friend) in your house when the burglar broke in. 

  Maybe they could/should allow the same for catching interlopers on 
  your frequency?

  BobC

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/