Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel seen having to pay for new airwaves

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:36:07 EST

Because that's only a small part of what happens.  Not ALL of Nextel's 
operations would move to 1.9 GHz, only those operations below 861 MHz.  Nextel would 
still have 861-865 MHz (that they currently have).  The $850 (or whatever the 
number eventually is) is to move NPSPAC licensees to what is now General 
Category (851-854) thus pulling NPSPAC systems out of "interference's way" from 
Nextel's 861-865 MHz operations and Cellular A block (NPSPAC is presently in the 
middle of the two) as well as moving non-NPSPAC licensees in the General 
Category up to 854-860 MHz.

Alan T.

In a message dated 3/10/2004 9:27:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
If Nexhell relocates to the 1.9 gigahertz band why do we need the " $850
million to reorganize the 800 megahertz band & upgrade public safety"? want
the problem be gone?

---

From: "Paul Holliday" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:15:05 -0500

When the FCC mandated our SMR to work with Nexhell & swap our channels to below 861 mhz I should have known it would have not been the end. We were told that they would never operate Iden below 861 mhz. Here it is three years later & they operate freq. 852-860 mhz. in our area. We keep a sharp EYE on every channel they add to keep them at least one dead channel away from ours. 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [email-masked] 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 10:36 AM
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel seen having to pay for new airwaves

  Because that's only a small part of what happens.  Not ALL of Nextel's operations would move to 1.9 GHz, only those operations below 861 MHz.  Nextel would still have 861-865 MHz (that they currently have).  The $850 (or whatever the number eventually is) is to move NPSPAC licensees to what is now General Category (851-854) thus pulling NPSPAC systems out of "interference's way" from Nextel's 861-865 MHz operations and Cellular A block (NPSPAC is presently in the middle of the two) as well as moving non-NPSPAC licensees in the General Category up to 854-860 MHz.

  Alan T.

  In a message dated 3/10/2004 9:27:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, [email-masked] writes:
    If Nexhell relocates to the 1.9 gigahertz band why do we need the " $850
    million to reorganize the 800 megahertz band & upgrade public safety"? want
    the problem be gone?

  -- 
      "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
    Note The New address 
  Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

    "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
  Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

    "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
       The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
  Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Yahoo! Groups Links

    a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/
      
    b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]
      
    c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.