Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The $1M DARPA Challange-

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:03:07 -0500

DARPA intends to conduct a challenge of autonomous ground vehicles
between
Los Angeles and Las Vegas in March of 2004. A cash award of $1 million
will
be granted to the team that fields the first vehicle to complete the
designated route within a specified time limit. The purpose of the
challenge is to leverage American ingenuity to accelerate the
development
of autonomous vehicle technologies that can be applied to military
requirements. Many of the details of the event are being developed, and
new
information will be posted to this web site as soon as possible.

http://www.darpa.mil/grandchallenge/
http://www.darpa.mil/grandchallenge/overview.htm

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 12:52:29 -0800

I plan on being at the start and finish. The exact route (1 out of 17
possibilities) won't be known until 4:30 AM Saturday. There wil be a big
blow out at Buffalo Bill's in Primm NV about 7 PM and another at the
Venetian in LV later.

The qualifying trials today thru Friday are just 5 miles from my house.

==================================================

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:21:24 -0500

An ex-coworker who now teaches at VA Tech left Monday for LV. He and his
sponsors spent BIG $$$ on his entry. I hope he wins.

 
Yahoo! Groups Links