Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tristani takes communications position at United Church of Christ

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:39:18 -0500

Tristani takes communications position at United Church of Christ
March 16 13:37:00, 2004

WASHINGTON—Former Federal Communications Commission Commissioner Gloria
Tristani has been named managing director of the Office of Communication
of the United Church of Christ Inc. (OC Inc.), a group dedicated to
bringing communications issues before state and federal regulatory
bodies, Congress and the courts on behalf of under-represented and
disenfranchised persons.

“This is an important opportunity for me to continue keeping the
public’s agenda in front of the Federal Communications Commission,
Congress and other key bodies,” said Tristani. “Four decades ago, the
Office of Communications of the UCC created the whole notion of the
public being in control of the airwaves. As we continue into the
turbulent digital era, we face new and even more difficult challenges to
make sure that the public remains the master of the Information Age,
rather than the servant.”

Tristani served as an FCC commissioner from Nov. 1997 to Sept. 2001.
“Gloria Tristani elevates dramatically our ability to be heard and to
have an impact at the FCC and on Capital Hill,” said Robert Chase,
executive director of OC Inc.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17326
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:53:32 -0600

Marcelrf wrote:

>“Four decades ago, the Office of Communications of the UCC created the whole notion of the public being in control of the airwaves.
>
What?! The UCC invented the FCC in 1974? I thought the FCC was formed on 
June 19th, 1934 by an act of congress. You'd think that a former 
commissioner would ... oh, nevermind.

-rick

 
Yahoo! Groups Links