Subject: [NEXTEL-1] City of Portland, Oregon Selects Radio IP Mobile TCP/IP Gateway

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 05:40:03 -0500

City of Portland, Oregon Selects Radio IP Mobile TCP/IP Gateway

By Robert Hoskins
 
Radio IP Software Inc. (http://www.radio-ip.com/) announced that the
City of Portland, Oregon has selected the Radio IP Mobile TCP/IP Gateway
solution. Mobile TCP/IP Gateway is the only optimized TCP/IP solution
for wireless data transmission over private or public RF narrowband
networks, and is part of the Radio IP Software family of wireless data
applications, which also features, RadioRoam, MultiAccess Gateway, TxRx
and Mobility Manager. 

The selection of Radio IP Mobile TCP/IP Gateway is part of the City of
Portland's efforts to upgrade their Motorola DataTAC network to support
both legacy applications and TCP/IP communications. The deployment of
Mobile TCP/IP Gateway allows the City of Portland Police Department's
mobile field force of 320 to effectively complete both Transmission
Control Protocol (TCP)/Internet Protocol (IP) and Formatted Logical
Messaging (FLM) transactions without the need for major hardware
upgrades. 

"The Radio IP Mobile TCP/IP Gateway will allow the City of Portland to
provide IP communications to our mobile data fleet, while retaining
legacy operations. Applications that, in the past, could not be realized
can now be added to the system," said David Brooks, Manager of IT
Engineering, City of Portland. "Also, with this deployment, mandatory
encryption requirements will be met allowing for secure transmission of
data between mobile clients and the server. It is clear that Radio IP's
unique approach delivers unparalleled functionality for wireless data
applications." 

Portland is the largest city in the state of Oregon with a population of
over 529,000. "The Portland Metropolitan Area is among the fastest
growing communities in the US. With this growth comes the increased need
for the City to have an expanded mobile field force with access to
easy-to-use, reliable, real-time data," said Mike Bourre, Vice President
of Sales & Marketing, Radio IP Software Inc. "As they upgrade their
current Motorola DataTAC network, Radio IP will continue to work closely
with the City of Portland to deliver cost-effective and reliable
wireless data solutions that will meet the City's needs today and
provide an efficient migration path for future applications." 

http://www.bbwexchange.com/publications/newswires/page546-783856.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/