Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Iraqi telecom pact goes to Boeing

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:10:47 -0500

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Iraqi telecom pact goes to Boeing

BY Frank Tiboni
March 29, 2004

Boeing Co. earlier this month received a $35 million contract to provide
telecommunications services to the Coalition Provisional Authority in
Iraq.

Boeing Satellite Systems will provide mobile satellite communications
and support services to Coalition Provisional Authority officials in
Baghdad's 18 governing ministries, U.S. forces in the country and
personnel with other U.S. contractors there, said a March 10 Boeing
statement.

The company unit, part of Boeing's Integrated Defense Systems division
located in St. Louis, will use its Thuraya satellite communications
system. It will also provide handsets and communications hardware to
Iraqi and U.S. employees and offer system installation, training,
customer service and logistics services, the statement said.

Kellogg, Brown & Root Inc. awarded the contract to Boeing, which will
subcontract some of the work to DTC, an Iraqi company. KBR, located in
Houston, is part of Halliburton, an oil field services firm also based
in Houston.

 http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2004/0329/web-boeing-03-29-04.asp

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/