Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Network Problems

From: "jeff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:10:39 -0000

Has anyone else been having problems in the South West Ohio Area 
with phone and two way service?for the last 22 days my phone (i55sr)
has been "rebooting" it self.. the phone will turn off and then back 
on for no reason, then when I look at the phone the "IP" icon is gone 
and I have "Restricted Service" for hours on end, when the system is 
working, I make a Phone call and about 30 sec to 2 mins into the call 
my phone beeps (LOUD) and shows SERVICE ERROR 481 on the screen,then 
reboots from this point on I am unable to make or recive calls 
(RESTRICTED SERVICE) I have called and opened up ticket after ticket 
with Nextel and they close each ticket showing problem fixed!!! well 
this morning once again I am on Direct Connect and "BEEP" Restricted 
Service, its been this way for 3 hours now...being its 6:00am there 
is no one to call at nextel so they can tell me it my phone having 
the problem and not there system, even tho the other five people here 
in the office are having the same problems with their broken 
phones... Anyone else having this problem or seen this problem??? 
Nextel CS told me that when the phone shows restricted service, there 
is a Network problem with the tower my phone is connected to...

Thanks....

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: michael Ackison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:12:38 -0800 (PST)

i have some of those problems, i also live in ohio!!!! my signal goes up and down all the time, when i make a call or DC call i lose signal, today i was DC my friend and my phone real loud sounded like a dial tone ,it was coming out of my speaker and i couldnt get it to quit!!! it finally did!!! i lose calls all the time, especially when DCing!!! i dont know about nextel anymore

jeff <[email-masked]> wrote:  Has anyone else been having problems in the South West Ohio Area 

Thanks....

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

   To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/
  
   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]
  
   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: "No One" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:44:48 -0500

i have been having somewhat of the same problem.  my phone would just restrict the service for no reason. and people keep calling me saying that i called them so now my phone just makes random calls for no reason at all.  nextel cs is a pain in the ass they really dont care all htey will have you do is hold down both option keys and turn the phone on. then take the battery out without turning it off.  but the funny thing is im in pennsylvania and im having this problem.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: jeff 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 6:10 AM
  Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Network Problems

  Thanks....

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
              ADVERTISEMENT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Yahoo! Groups Links

    a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/
      
    b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]
      
    c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: michael Ackison <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:25:50 -0800 (PST)

so what will happen when you hold down both option keys and turn on?????????

No One <[email-masked]> wrote:i have been having somewhat of the same problem.  my phone would just restrict the service for no reason. and people keep calling me saying that i called them so now my phone just makes random calls for no reason at all.  nextel cs is a pain in the ass they really dont care all htey will have you do is hold down both option keys and turn the phone on. then take the battery out without turning it off.  but the funny thing is im in pennsylvania and im having this problem.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: jeff 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 6:10 AM
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Network Problems

Thanks....

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groupsyahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

---

From: "cell_guy_954" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:56:16 -0000

Jeff,

I suspect that you have a bad phone.  The "re-booting" is not normal 
and indicates either a software or hardware problem.  That it happens 
2 minutes into the call leads me to believe that there is a problem 
with the transmitter.  It is likely that the phone is resetting when 
it transmits, which is necessary to initially register with the 
network.

I strongly recommend that you call either Motorola or visit a Nextel 
service center to either repair or replace the unit.

 
Yahoo! Groups Links