Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Virginia Schools Get Hooked to Wi-Fi

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 23:16:12 -0500

Virginia Schools Get Hooked to Wi-Fi

Two Virginia-based companies, Compusec and Linkabit, are providing the
wireless high-speed Internet backbone for Virginia schools in eight
counties.  Phil Herner owns both companies, and Jeep Newman, a
Charlottesville-based investor, is financing the business. Herner's goal
is two-fold, to provide inexpensive wireless Internet access to schools
in rural Virginia and to provide a wireless Internet point of presence
to the community for high-speed access.  The only significant hurdle
Herner has experienced is opposition to tower placement. Each area needs
a 125-foot microwave tower to support the service, and some communities
are against the erection of microwave towers and other counties have
tower height restrictions. (Source: Richmond Times Dispatch)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/