Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Army awards contract for IED jammer

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:33:53 -0500

Wednesday, March 3, 2004

Army awards contract for IED jammer
BY Frank Tiboni
March 2, 2004

The Army awarded a $6.8 million contract to EDO Corp. yesterday to build
a device that will help U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq detect
roadside bombs.

EDO's Communications and Countermeasures division, located in Simi
Valley, Calif., will build 132 Warlock Green electronic countermeasure
devices. The contract is part of a $47.4 million contract initiated by
the service in November, said a March 1 Defense Department contracts'
announcement.

Warlock Green emits a radio frequency that jams communications signals
that detonate roadside bombs, called improvised explosive devices. EDO
also manufactures a less sophisticated jammer called Warlock Red, said a
Dec. 29 company statement.

EDO will start delivering Warlock Green to U.S. and coalition troops in
Iraq in June, according to an industry official familiar with the
device's fielding. William Walkowiak, the company's investor relations
director, and the Army declined comment.
Roadside bombs, the weapon of choice for Iraqi insurgents, have killed
or wounded more than 300 soldiers since the United States invaded Iraq
last year.

 http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2004/0301/web-ied-03-02-04.asp
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/