Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Federal Communications Bar Assoc.- Events

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 03:01:44 -0500

Further  Info On All  Events
http://www.fcba.org/index_new.shtml

FCBA Annual Seminar - April 30 - May 2, 2004

FCBA Annual Seminar at the Hyatt Regency on the Chesapeake Bay -
Cambridge,
MD Info

March 30th
Denver Chapter and the University of Colorado Law School present
"Financing High
Technology Statups". Location: University of Colorado Law School in
Boulder, CO. For
more info: 303-735-5633 or [email-masked].

Wed., March 31, 8:30 a.m.
New York Chapter Breakfast Meeting. Location: Verizon, 1095 Avenue of
the Americas, New York, NY. Topic: VoIP. Speakers: Lee Schroeder, Vice
President, Government and Regulatory Strategy, Cablevision; Michelle
Swittenberg, Director, Marketing, Verizon. For more info: Eileen
Huggard, [email-masked]. RSVP to: Wendy Parish,
[email-masked].

Wed., March 31st, 12:15 p.m.
Online Communications Practice Committee Brown Bag Lunch. Date/Time:
Wednesday, March 31, 12:15 p.m. Location: Cole, Raywid & Braverman, 1919
Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Suite 200. Topic: Digital Rights Management.
Speakers: Mark Cooper, Director of Research, Consumer Federation of
America and Paul Glist, Partner, Cole, Raywid & Braverman, LLP. For more
info: Co-chairs: Vincent Paladini, Karlyn Stanley, and Amy Wolverton.
RSVP to: Evelyn Opany 202-689-7163.

Friday, April 2nd, 12:15 p.m.
Wireless Committee Luncheon on April 2, 2004 at 12:15 p.m. Location:
Sidley, Austin,
Brown & Wood, 1501 K Street, NW - 6th Floor. Lunch with the
Commissioners' Wireless
Advisers. An opportunity for you to hear what's in store at the
Commission on the wireless
front and to interact with the Commissioners' Wireless Advisors about
issues of importance to
their Commissioners over the next several months. Cost: $15. RSVP's
and/or cancellations to
Wendy Parish no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31 at
[email-masked]

Thursday, April 8 6:00-8:15 p.m.
CLE Seminar - The FCC's Environmental and Historic Preservation Action
Plan - One Year
Later - for more info: HERE

Wed., April 14th, 12:15 p.m.
Cable Practice Committee Brown Bag Lunch. Event: Meeting with FCC Media
Bureau Chief
Ken Ferree. Date/Time: Wednesday, April 14, 12:15 p.m. Location: Dow
Lohnes &
Albertson PLLC, 1200 New Hampshire Ave., N.W., Eighth Floor. Speaker: W.
Kenneth
Ferree, Esq., Chief, FCC Media Bureau. Topic: Media Bureau Chief Ken
Ferree will
provide an overview of key issues currently under consideration by the
Bureau and answer
questions from the audience. Cost: No cost; bring your own brown bag
lunch; drinks will be
provided. For more information & to RSVP: Quyen Truong at
[email-masked]

Thursday, April 15, 6:00-8:30 p.m.
YLC Happy Hour at Café Asia at 1720 I Street, NW. Near the Farragut West
and Farragut North Metro stops. Phone Number: 202-659-2696 For more
info: Jason Friedrich at 202-354-1340 or Jason Friedrich or Pam
Slipakoff at 202-418-7705 or [email-masked] The new Café Asia has
excellent $1 sushi specials, half price sake and beer specials.

Thurs., April 15, at 12:30 p.m.
Diversity Committee Brown Bag Lunch at Leftwich & Ludaway, LLC, 1401 New
York Avenue, N.W., Suite 600, Washington, D.C. Natalie Ludaway will
discuss the benefits of launching a legal career at a small law firm and
establishing and maintaining a diverse client base. For more info on the
event contact Joy M. Ragsdale at 202-261-1427 or [email-masked].
Please RSVP by Monday, April 12, 2004 to: Angela M.
Bushnell, Legal Assistant, at (202) 434-9121 or
[email-masked]

Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
ABA - NAB - FCBA "Representing Your Local Broadcaster" 23rd Annual Legal
Forum in
Las Vegas, NV. Forum brochure and registration info: HERE

Wednesday, April 21
Save the Date - Breakfast with John Rogovin, FCC General Counsel.
Details coming soon...

April 28, 2004 - SAVE THE DATE
No. California Chapter Luncheon with Commissioner Kathleen Abernathy -
more info coming soon.
Thurs., April 29, 12:15 p.m.
Mass Media Practice Committee Brown Bag Lunch on Thursday, April 29, at
12:15 p.m., in
the 8th Floor Conference Room at Dow Lohnes & Albertson, PLLC, located
at 1200 New
Hampshire Ave.,N.W. Speaker: Barbara Kreisman, Chief of the FCC's Video
Division,
along with her staff, will be discussing the television license renewal
process. RSVP to John
Logan, [email-masked]

Sunday, May 2, 2004 - 2:00-4:15 pm
FCBA) and the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) are
working together to produce a two-hour CLE session. The session will
take place at the Ernest N.
Morial Convention Center in New Orleans during the NCTA's 2004 National
Show. More
info: here

April 30-May 2, 2004
FCBA Annual Seminar at the Hyatt Regency on the Chesapeake Bay - Click
Here

May 6-7, 2004
2004 World Computer and Internet Law Congress "IT Law in an Era of Rapid
Change - A
How-to Program on Staying Ahead of the Curve" Registration and other
info: HERE

Friday, May 7, 12:15 p.m.
Young Lawyers Committee Brown Bag Lunch at Shaw Pittman LLP, 2300 N
Street, NW, Conference Room, "The Role of In House Counsel" - Join the
YLC for a discussion with attorneys from some of the nation's preeminent
media and telecommunications companies.

Our featured speakers will discuss their roles as in house counsel,
including the type of
regulatory and legislative work they do, and will identify the issues
that are high on their
companies' agendas. Speakers: Susan Fox, Vice President - Government
Relations, The Walt
Disney Company; Phil Passanante, Managing Attorney, RCN Corporation;
Doug Brandon,
Vice President - Federal Affairs and Law, AT&T Wireless Services, Inc.;
Lon Levin, Vice
President - Regulatory Affairs, XM Satellite Radio, Inc. For more info
contact: Chris Fedeli
at [email-masked] or Tony Lin at [email-masked]

Monday, May 10, 2004 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Tinker, Tailor, Lawyer and More: Finding time for the many roles we play
in and away from the office. More info coming soon!
JUNE 3, 2004 - 6:00-8:00 pm
FCBA Celebrates the 70th Anniversary of the Telecom Act of 1934. Note,
date was originally May 26 and has been changed to June 3.

Friday, June 18, 2004

FCBA Foundation Golf Tournament, Bull Run Golf Club, Haymarket, VA.
Shotgun start at
9:00 a.m. For more info, contact Heidi Kurtz, [email-masked]

Thursday, June 24, 2004 - Save the Date
FCBA Annual Meeting and Luncheon with keynote speech by FCC Commissioner

Abernathy Sept. 18-20, 2004

Seminar West returns! Sat.-Mon., September 18-20, 2004, at the Claremont
Resort & Spa in Berkeley, CA. If you are interested in helping plan the
seminar, contact Michael Van Eckhardt or Anne Hoge.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/