Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Mobile and Wireless Solutions Training Conf - June 2 - DC Convention Center]

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 23:49:20 -0500

To:  !*EMAIL*!

.
                              Third Annual

                      Mobile and Wireless Solutions

                  Homeland Defense Training Conference

                         Wednesday, June 2, 2004

                    Washington, DC Convention Center

                       Time: 7:00 AM Registration

                        Program Starts: 8:30 AM

                            Wrap-up: 4:45 PM

          Continental Breakfast, Refreshments, Lunch included.

Special Note to Wireless Solutions Providers and Systems
Integrators: Please mark your calendars.  This is a very unique
opportunity to meet, network with and present your products to the
federal, state, local and DoD homeland security community that is
concerned with wireless applications.  We expect over 2000 attendees at
this joint conference put on by Homeland Defense Journal
(www.homelanddefensejournal.com) magazine and the Wireless
Communications Association (www.wcai.com).  Exhibit space is limited.
For information on how you can participate as an exhibitor, please
contact Tim Hermes, Vice President, Conference Sales, Market*Access
International at [email-masked].

Call for speakers and case studies: We invite our sponsors to
participate as industry and sector speakers and to identify case
studies that best represent emergency response best practices,
lessons-learned and success stories.  Presentation of case studies is
limited to conference sponsors.  For more information on how to become
a conference sponsor, please contact Cara Lombardi, VP and General
Manager, Market*Access at [email-masked]

Information Line.To get more information on this conference, learn how
to register on-line call our information line at 703-807-2027.

About Mobile and Wireless Solutions

Spending to support priority initiatives of the Department of Homeland
Security is the highest priority in President Bush fiscal 2004 budget
proposal, reported Office of Management and Budget director Mitchell E.
Daniels Jr.

  The departments 2004 request contains IT spending increases for
projects already started at its agencies. Sprinkled throughout the
total $36.2 billion budget. Budget projects indicate strong increases
in DHS spending with increases of over 7% over 2004.

  Included in the funding request is $117 million for early support to
IT and wireless communications, as well as $21 million for a security
IT evaluation program and $68 million for wireless radio
communications.

Wireless communications is now becoming integrated into daily agency
operations.Existing standards such as the IEEE 802.11 do not provide
sufficient security.Add to this security shortfall the fact that
a mulit-jusidiction response to terrorist act or a natural emergency
often results in a quickly assembled, awkward telecommunications
network that may or may not meet the needs of first responders or
public safety personnel.

The Department of Homeland Security has made wireless communications
solutions a priority in near-term planning and budgeting and in an
integral part of the Department of Homeland Security Strategic Plan
released in February of 2004.

Conference Overview

On Wednesday, June 2, 2004, Market*Access International--in conjunction
with the Homeland Defense Journal and the Wireless Communications
Association International (WCAI) -- will host a one-day Homeland
Defense Training Conference(R) entitled, Mobile and Wireless
Solutions.The conference will be held at the new Washington DC
Convention Center.

Attendees at the one-day Homeland Defense Training Conference will also
be invited to be the guests of the Wireless Communications Association
and attend selected sessions and the 2,000 person wireless expo held at
the same time. This will be a public-level series of training
presentations on the challenges ahead.Speakers will represent federal
agencies and leading security, equipment and systems suppliers.The
Homeland Defense Journal is a key sponsor of this one-day conference.

The combined conference will draw over 2,000 leading government and
industry executives representing mobile and wireless companies and
agencies at all levels of government.

Market*Access will host a training conference for industry and
government focusing on agency needs and requirements in Mobile and
Wireless Solutions in the area of Homeland Defense.

Conference Goal

The goal of this meeting is to begin to prepare U.S. government and
industry for the changes that will come about regarding mobile and
wireless solutions for Homeland Defense.

Attendees will be executives from industry and government currently
involved with managing Mobile and Wireless solutions and seeking a
better understanding of Federal Government challenges and
opportunities.

Exhibitors Will Include

   * Wireless and mobile solution providers
   * Mobile and wireless communications
   * Security planners
   * Federal systems integrators
   * Network and Systems Security Training and Consulting
   * Disaster recovery and facility security
   * and many others

Who Should Attend

   * Agency IT Executives
   * Agency mobile and wireless program managers
   * Tele-work and Telecomm Directors & Managers
   * Functional area managers using mobile computing
   * Wireless and mobile solutions providers
   * Federal systems integrators and solutions providers
   * Federal, State and Local CIOs and IT teams

What you will learn

   * Understanding new programs, issues and requirements
   * Strategies for mobile and wireless applications
   * New products in development and on the drawing boards in terms
     of Mobile and Wireless Solutions
   * New initiatives being planned at the federal, state and local
     levels.
   * Civil agency organization and planning
   * R&D initiatives

Speakers Will Represent:

· Government agency applications of mobile and wireless technologies

· Communication managers and program analysts

· Technology development leaders representing academic efforts and
private sector research and development programs and devices dedicated
to mobile and wireless solutions

· These speakers will provide attendees with up to date reports on
current local and national programs, new technological advances,
demonstration project updates, common challenges and the outlook for
the future.

Speakers Include:

To be announced.

Conference Steering Committee:

· Don Dickson, Publisher, Homeland Defense Journal

· Marlis Majerus, VP and Program Director, Homeland Defense Radio.Com

· Andrew Kreig, President, Wireless Communications Association
International (WCAI)

          Marketing, Conference Management and Production by:

                   Market*Access International, Inc.
                             (301) 455-5633

Registration Fee

   * Industry - $495
   * Small Business (100 employees or less) - $395
   * Government - $295

Registration Options

[1]  Online with your credit card using the online booking form.Call
our information line at 703-807-2027 for information on how to access
our web site.

[2]  Fax the form below to (703) 807-2728

[3]  Phone Maurice Martin at (703) 807-2753

[5]  Mail the form below to:

Homeland Defense Journal

Attn: David C. Dickson

4301 Wilson Blvd. #1003

Arlington, VA22203

Registrations are payable by credit card, check or government purchase
order.

CANCELLATION POLICY:  You may designate a substitute in writing any
time before the conference. To cancel and obtain a full refund, please
make sure we receive your notice in writing at least 5 business days
prior to the conference start date. If you cancel in writing after that
date, but before the course begins, you will receive a full refund,
less a $50 processing fee. No refunds are given for cancellations
received the day the conference begins or later.

                              Third Annual

                      Mobile and Wireless Solutions

                 Homeland Defense Training Conference ®

                         Wednesday, June 2, 2004

                            Registration Form

         (Use additional pages as needed for multiple employees)

Attendee Name:

Title:

Company/Agency:

Company/Agency Web site:

Address:

City:State:Zip Code:

E-mail:

Telephone:

Fax:

Please list any areas of interest or specific information you would
like to obtain by attending this event. Your comments will assist in
directing the focus of our

speakers’ presentations.

Note: Payment requested in advance.

Please check one of the following as your form of payment:

[ ] Check

Make checks payable to: Market*Access International

Send to: Market*Access, 4301 Wilson Boulevard, Suite
1003, ArlingtonVA22203

[ ] VISA [ ] MasterCard [ ] American Express

Account Number: ___________________________Exp. Date___________________

Cardholder Name: ______________________________________________________

Signature (required) or telephone order

Pre-Registration Fee:

Industry: $495

Small Business: $395

Government: $295

Registration and Information: Call Maurice Martin (703) 807-2753

Fax this form to (703) 807-2728. Thank you.

Mobile and Wireless – June 2, 2004