Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Kyocera To Launch 1.2-Megapixel Camera Phone

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:18:37 -0500

Consumer Electronics
Kyocera To Launch 1.2-Megapixel Camera Phone
Joseph Palenchar, 03.23.04, 12:07 PM ET

Atlanta -- Four new CDMA 1X phones on display here by Kyocera include
the company's first phone with embedded camera and its second
push-to-talk phone.

All four will benefit from a stepped-up consumer-advertising campaign,
planned in June or July to increase brand awareness.  The camera phone,
the 1.2-megapixel Koi, is also Kyocera (nyse: KYO - news - people )'s
first phone with a revolving design in which the phone swivels closed
rather than folds or slides closed. Due in the early third quarter at an
estimated $250 to consumers, the Koi features 5x zoom, built-in flash,
assisted GPS, instant messaging service of a carrier's choice, 15-second
VGA-quality videoclip capture and the ability to download BREW
applications. Its 16MB internal memory stores up to 40 1.2-megapixel
pictures if no BREW applications are stored.

Pictures can be taken with the phone open or closed. When closed, the
phone can be held horizontally like a traditional digital camera to take
pictures. The lens is on one side, and a large color LCD on the other
acts as a view finder.  The company's second PTT phone will be the
ruggedized candy bar-style KX440, possibly shipping in the late second
quarter, the company said. Kyocera declined to identify the phone's PTT
platform. Its first PTT CDMA 1X phone, the 3250, is based on the Kodiak
platform to deliver short conversation bursts over analog and digital
voice channels.  Kyocera previously said it plans to support all four
major CDMA PTT platforms, including the Sprint (nyse: PCS - news -
people )-adopted Winphoria and Verizon-adopted Togabi. Chipmaker
Qualcomm (nasdaq: QCOM - news - people )has developed BREWChat. All
three use VoIP.

Kyocera's first PTT phone retails through Alltel for $99 with two-year
contract before special promotions, and Kyocera said the KX440 will
"likely" be priced lower compared to most other PTT phones selling
around $250 with contract before promotions.  The KX440 can be ordered
by carriers in their choice of frequency bands, with color or
black-and-white display, and with or without BREW download capability.

Because of PTT battery drain, the 440 will ship with larger 1300mAh
battery.  Also new: Kyocera's first phone designed by BMW Designworks
USA, previously designed phones for Nokia (nyse: NOK - news - people )
and Nextel (nasdaq:
NXTL - news - people ). BMW is designing phones only for Kyocera under
an exclusive global contract. The BMW-designed clamshell phone, the KX1,
features asymmetrical design, BREW, assisted GPS and
user-interchangeable faceplates, a feature said to be unusual in
clamshell phones. Despite its high style, it is positioned in the lower
mid tier, a spokesman said. It's due in mid-to-late third quarter.  In
its entry-level candy bar-style KX400 series, Kyocera will add two new
designs to complement the series' Blade, Phantom and Rave models. The
new Pulse and Aktiv models are due in the third quarter. All models in
the KX400 series can be ordered by carriers in their choice of frequency
bands, with color or black-and-white display and with or without BREW
download capability. The looks of the Blade and Phantom models will also
be updated.
This Week in Consumer Electronics

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2004/03/23/0323kyocerapinnacor_ii.html?partner=yahoo&referrer=

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Krystan Alecsandra-Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:06:32 -0800 (PST)

Could someone out there please tell me about the i315 phone soon to come out? Isn't it a triband phone? What else? Is there also a I325 coming out as well?
Marcelrf <[email-masked]> wrote:Consumer Electronics
Kyocera To Launch 1.2-Megapixel Camera Phone
Joseph Palenchar, 03.23.04, 12:07 PM ET

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

   To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/
  
   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]
  
   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:05:30 -0000

At CTIA Moto said the i315 it should be out around Aug. or before.

It's a DUAL BAND (800/900 Mhz) Tri-Mode (800/900 Mhz iDEN, 900  Mhz Spread Spectrum) phone.

The-  i930  is GSM capable.

The i325 will not have  the simplex mode on initial release but is "Flash Upgradeable".

The i315 will have simplex mode on release.

--- In [email-masked], Krystan Alecsandra-Bray <kalecsandra_bray@y...> wrote:
> Marcelrf <Marcelrf@B...> wrote:Consumer Electronics

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: Krystan Alecsandra-Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:06:24 -0800 (PST)