Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RAD Supplies Multiservice Access Platform for Multiservice Access Platform (MAP)

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:19:06 -0500

RAD Supplies Multiservice Access Platform for Multiservice Access
Platform (MAP)

London, 9 March 2004: RAD Data Communications has supplied its
Multiservice Access Platform (MAP) for the Isle of Man Government’s
Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) network. A complex ring of RAD MAP
products underpins the Motorola TETRA system to ensure the integration
of all voice and data traffic over the network and to provide back up
paths in the event of disruption to the main service plan.

A key component in the MAP solution is the Megaplex-2100, a modular
integrated access multiplexer. In the Isle of Man Government’s network,
its flexibility has enabled the integration of voice and data in a very
compact chassis configuration. The network is future-proof as the whole
platform can migrate to IP should the need arise. The solution was
designed, implemented and is supported by GFI Informatics, an authorised
RAD distributor in the UK.

“We are particularly pleased with the implementation of this network
solution for the Isle of Man Government,” said Grant Notman, UK General
Manager, RAD Data Communications. “It demonstrates the strength of GFI
who deployed the solution exactly to plan, allowing Isle of Man
Government to sign off the project ahead of schedule.”

The Isle of Man’s TETRA network supports 16 government organisations,
including all three emergency services, as well as other key users such
as transport, forestry, tourism and the utilities. It enables secure
communications between police, fire and ambulance crews at emergency
incidents from one central multi-agency location.
About RAD
Established in 1981, privately owned RAD Data Communications has
achieved international recognition as a major manufacturer of high
quality access equipment for data communications and telecommunications
applications. These solutions serve the data and voice access
requirements of service providers, incumbent and new carriers, and
enterprise networks, by reducing infrastructure investment costs while
boosting competitiveness and profitability. The company’s installed base
exceeds 8,000,000 units and includes more than 150 carriers and
operators around the world. These customers are supported by 19 RAD
offices and more than 200 distributors in 105 countries.
Continued. . ./

RAD is a member of the RAD Group of companies, a world leader in
networking and internetworking product solutions.
RAD Data Communications site: www.rad.com or www.raddata.co.uk
About GFI
GFI Informatics is the UK arm of GFI Informatique – an international
group providing knowledge and expertise in information and
communications technologies. The company’s mission is to contribute to
its customers’ efficiency and business success through the development
and deployment of appropriate communications strategies and solutions.
In the UK, GFI operates nationwide out of offices in Lichfield,
Staffordshire (our UK headquarters), the City of London, Milton Keynes
and Cumbernauld in Scotland. Further information about GFI is available
at http://www.gfi-informatics.com GFI is a sub contractor to Motorola on
the Isle of Man Project.

About Motorola

Motorola were awarded the contract to supply the TETRA (TErrestrial
Trunked RAdio) network for use by the Isle of Man Government
http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,,3561_2970_23,00.html
The $7.5m contract was awarded in February 2003 and was expected to be
in place and operational by December 2003. System implementation has
been completed ahead of schedule in November 2003 as a result of the
successful working relationship between the Isle of Man’s dedicated
project team and Motorola.

Press contact
Bob Eliaz, Media Relations Manager, RAD Data Communications
Tel: +972-3-6458134
Fax: +972-3-6498250
E-mail: [email-masked]

http://www.categorynet.com/fr/cp/details.php?id=42602
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/