Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Harris Corporation Introduces Falcon(R) II UHF Handheld Radio

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:31:33 -0500

Harris Corporation Introduces Falcon(R) II UHF Handheld Radio
Monday February 23, 9:00 pm ET

SINGAPORE, Feb. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Asian Aerospace, booth D232
- - Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS - News), a leading supplier of secure,
tactical radios for worldwide defense forces, today announced the
availability of its Falcon II RF-5800U-HH, an ultra-high frequency (UHF)
handheld radio companion to its Falcon II manpack, vehicle, and base
station tactical radio systems.

"Many defense organizations face
limited range in urban areas due to
the physics of VHF propagation and
are migrating upward in frequency
to meet their increased bandwidth
needs," said Bill Glase, product
manager for the RF-5800U-HH.
"Designed with these factors in
mind, the RF-5800U-HH is a flexible,
multi-role, secure military radio ideal
for military operations in urban
terrain."

Despite its advanced features and
high power, the RF-5800U-HH is
small and light enough to be carried
by all members of the squad. The
radio features five watts of output power,
enough to cover hard-to-reach areas
inside buildings and to communicate
with aircraft for air support, surveillance
or evacuation.

The RF-5800U-HH has embedded Harris Citadel(TM) high-grade military
encryption to secure all voice and data transmissions. Like all Falcon
II radios, the RF-5800U-HH uses fully programmable network presets to
store its configuration, eliminating confusion about mode or frequency
settings.

Harris RF Communications Division is a leading supplier of secure voice
and data communications products, systems and networks to military,
government, and commercial organizations worldwide.

Harris Corporation is an international communications technology company
focused on providing assured communications(TM) products, systems and
services for government and commercial customers. The company's five
operating divisions serve markets for government communications,
tactical radio, broadcast, microwave, and network support systems.
Harris provides systems and service to customers in more than 150
countries.  Additional information about Harris Corporation is available
at www.harris.com.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040223/flm001_1.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/