Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless, Satellite Companies Embrace The Family

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:26:24 -0500

Wireless, Satellite Companies Embrace The Family
BY SUSAN RUSH
MARCH 2, 2004

SureWest Communications gives families in Northern California unlimited
calling, while Iridium Satellite is offering discounted calls from
service men and women to their families.

Trying to entice wireless subscribers to stay connected to their family
and have more than one phone is nothing new in the wireless space.
Verizon Wireless has the Family SharePlan, AT&T Wireless has Family
Local and Family National plans, T-Mobile USA has FamilyTime and
Cingular Wireless has FamilyTalk, just to name a few. SureWest says its
plan stands out because it offers unlimited local minutes to every
family member on the plan, rather than a shared bucket of minutes
between family members.

SureWest's family plans cover California area codes 916, 530 and 209.
The Unlimited Family Plan offers unlimited minutes to calls in all three
area codes for $33 a month for the first phone and $29 more a month for
each additional line up to four. The Value Family Plan is a scaled down
version of the other plan, offering unlimited calling to one of the
three area codes for $29 a month, with each additional line costing $25
more a month.

Iridium is taking a different spin on the family time concept. The
company's Family First plan is a discount program designed for its Crew
Calling service subscribers. The Crew Calling service enables ship or
boat crew members to make calls while out at sea. Family First offers a
35 percent discount for satellite phone calls made on the first day of
the month or on one of 10 designated 2004 holidays.

To access the discount, callers need to use a Crew Calling prepaid
scratch card.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=3&pubdate=03/02/04

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/