Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CALIFORNIA- Public Safety Communication Act

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 01:50:44 -0500

BILL NUMBER: AB 563 INTRODUCED BILL TEXT INTRODUCED BY
Assembly Member Spitzer FEBRUARY 18, 2003

An act to amend Section 8592.4 of the Government Code, relating to
public safety. LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST AB 563, as introduced,
Spitzer. Public safety: communication system. Existing law, the Public
Safety Communication Act of 2002, provides that the Public Safety Radio
Strategic Planning Committee shall have primary responsibility in state
government for developing and implementing a statewide integrated public
safety communication system and requires the committee to determine
which state agencies need new or upgraded communication equipment for
interoperability or other shared use of public safety spectrum and to
establish a program for equipment purchase. With respect to this
purchasing program, the committee is required to recommend the purchase
of equipment that will enable the migration to accepted industry
standards for interoperability consistent with specified public safety
digital communications standards. This bill would delete "digital" from
the reference to these specified public safety communications standards.
Vote: majority. Appropriation: no. Fiscal committee: no. State-mandated
local program: no.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS: SECTION 1.
Section 8592.4 of the Government Code is amended to read: 8592.4. The
committee shall determine which agencies need new or upgraded
communication equipment in order to enter into an agreement for
interoperability or other shared use of public safety spectrum and shall
establish a program for equipment purchase. In establishing this
program, the board shall recommend the purchase of , equipment that will
enable the migration to accepted industry standards for interoperability
consistent with the public safety digital communications standards of
the American National Standards Institute and the Telecommunications
Information Association.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/