Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Powell Addresses VoIP at CTIA WIRELESS 2004 Show

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 04:52:32 -0500

Powell Addresses VoIP at CTIA WIRELESS 2004 Show

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Michael Powell is
calling for a "light regulatory touch" on voice over Internet protocol
(VoIP) technology. In a keynote address on Monday during the CTIA
WIRELESS 2004 convention in Atlanta, Powell said the government will
take a hands-off approach VoIP. At the end of last year the FCC launched
a year-long public dialogue on VoIP that aims to provide the consumers
the opportunity to voice their opinions about appropriate regulations
for VoIP technology. (Source: Wall Street Journal)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/