Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel says FCC can't force it to pay 800 MHz relocation costs

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:30:54 -0500

"radiopro1" <[email-masked]> wrote:

<SNIP>
Nextel has said from DAY 1 that they would fund the rebanding only if
they got the new spectrum.  They have been quite open about that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is not true! Foolsner would not say YES or NO when asked if Nextel
at the  APCO convention last year........

===================================================================================

From: [email-masked]
8/14/2003 4: 53 PM

Subject: Re: [800interference] RE: Things Get Ugly At APCO's "Scam Plan"
Q&A

<SNIP>

The sole fact is that one speaker, representing cellular and not public
safety, expressed his thoughts with regard to one question in a more
than calm way.  That question (to Foosaner) was, if the FCC doesn't
adopt the Consensus Proposal, would Nextel still fund $850 million
towards fixing this problem.  Foosaner's response was that there were
two proposals on the table, only one of which has a financial
commitment.

Brian was not satisfied with that response, and repeated the question
several times in an increasingly heated tone (and Bob the
response several times), until Bob Gurss called a time out, and allowed
me (next in line behind Brian) to ask a question.

<SNIP>
====================================================================================

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG