Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Extend America (Nextel) Secures $9.5 Million in Second Round of Financing

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:06:48 -0500

March 10, 2004 02:59 PM US Eastern Timezone

Extend America Secures $9.5 Million in Second Round of Financing

BISMARCK, N.D.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 10, 2004--Extend America, a
Bismarck, N.D. based wireless communications provider that is building
Nextel Communications Inc. (Nasdaq:NXTL) iDEN wireless network coverage
in a number of rural markets, announced today that it has secured an
additional $9.5 million in its second stage of financing by investors.
The amount is in excess of its initial investment request.

All of the existing investors and one new investor, Catalyst Investors,
participated in this round of financing. Catalyst Investors is based in
New York and specializes in traditional and high-growth companies in the
telecommunications, media and related Internet industries. Investors
include Nextel, Ignition Partners, Catalyst Investors, Cascade
Investment and Greenspun Corporation.

Extend America recently introduced fully integrated, all digital
wireless services in Bismarck-Mandan, the surrounding communities and
the I-94 corridor linking Bismarck and Fargo, a market operated by
Nextel. The company plans to introduce service in the North Dakota
communities of Dickinson, Minot and Beulah-Hazen by summer 2004. In
addition, Extend America holds the exclusive rights to Nextel spectrum
in other areas of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana and
Nebraska.

Extend America will also introduce a wireless broadband service to bring
high speed Internet access to businesses and residences in these rural
markets. This service is expected to be launched in 2004.

Today Extend America sells wireless digital voice, Nextel Nationwide
Direct Connect(TM) digital coast-to-coast walkie-talkie service, and
text and numeric messaging, all powered by Nextel. Extend America
customers also benefit from access to the Nextel Nationwide Network and
pay no roaming fees when they travel anywhere in the U.S. where Nextel
offers service.
The company is led by former North Dakota Governor Ed Schafer, CEO, and
several executives with vast experience in the wireless industry.
According to Schafer, "We are very pleased that our initial investors
have demonstrated their confidence in our business model and management
team by providing additional funding to build and grow the business. We
believe that customers in rural markets will benefit from the ability to
connect to information and people through the highest quality digital
networks available, thereby improving the quality of life and commerce
in rural communities."

About Extend America
Extend America offers fully integrated, all digital wireless
telecommunications services in North Dakota and plans to expand into
parts of South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Nebraska. Extend America
provides high quality services available from Nextel, including digital
cellular, text and numeric messaging, and Nextel Nationwide Direct
Connect(R), the coast to coast walkie-talkie service, all in a single
wireless phone. Extend America customers can communicate seamlessly on
the Nextel Nationwide Network as they travel through markets in the
United States where Nextel offers service.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040310005656&newsLang=en

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/