Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Army Truck

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:53:10 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Richard Marlar" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  New Army Truck

SmarTruck III

An Advanced Vehicle Equipped For War Zone Missions and Protecting Our
Homeland

Monday, March 8, 2004

1:30-1:45pm EST (13:30-13:45pm EST)
3:00-3:15pm EST (15:00-15:15pm EST)
COORDINATES FOR BOTH FEEDS

SATELLITE/TRANSPONDER: T5/K25  (97 DEGREES WEST) 
 UPLINK: 14444.000 H   DOWNLINK: 12144.000 V
 
The U.S. Army will unveil high-tech vehicles equipped for war zone
missions and protecting our homeland at the Society of Automotive
Engineers' (SAE) 2004 World Congress in Detroit on Monday, March 1,
2004.  One of the vehicles, named the SmarTruck III, would bring
state-of-the-art communications systems and detection systems while
offering up armored protection to withstand terrorist and insurgent road
attacks from rocket-propelled grenades. The demands of today's soldiers
mandate that vehicles be built that offer greater protection and
mobility.  The most important consideration in building a military
vehicle is to put the needs of the soldiers first. The SmarTruck III
addresses the needs of today's military environment with features that
are most important to protecting soldiers:     

·	State-of-the-art communications and detection systems that can detect
personnel movement, airborne
 	 Bio-threats and incoming missile deployment

·	Immediate anti-missile missiles deployment capability

·	A weapons station - featuring a remote controlled 50-Calibre machine
gun, which rises from the back
·	Defensive countermeasures, including electric shock door handles,
smoke canisters, pepper spray dispensers, rocket propelled grenades and
anti-tank guided missiles.  

·	Bio-agent Acquisition System, which can distinguish bio-aerosols from
dust and other non-biological materials

·	Wireless internet communications, 20" LCD touch screen, two LCD
monitors, two wireless tablet PCs, a rack computer, keyboard and mouse

The International® Commercial Utility Vehicle, a modified version of
SmarTruck III without armor will also be introduced side by side with
SmarTruck III to demonstrate the versatility of the medium duty truck
platform and its nonmilitary uses, including Homeland Security, border
patrol and construction. 

Both vehicles are based on a commercial medium truck platform and V6
diesel engine built by Illinois based International Truck and Engine,
the nation's leading medium truck manufacturer.   They were designed and
built through collaboration with the U.S. Army's National Automotive
Center (NAC).  The National Automotive Center is the Army's official
link to working with commercial and academic partners to create vehicles
that provide mobility, survivability and agility in today's changing
wartime environment.

The highlights package will include:
·	B-Roll of the SmarTruck III interior/exterior and features
·	SmarTruck III Press Conference at SAE Show in Detroit
·	Manufacturing shots from Springfield Assembly Plant, medium truck
plant
·	Manufacturing shots from International Diesel of Alabama plant, engine
plant
·	Dennis Wend, Executive Director National Automotive Center (NAC)
soundbites
·	Archie Massicotte, Vice President, Military Business, International
Truck and Engine soundbites
·	Dan Ustian, Chairman, President and CEO, International Truck and
Engine soundbites

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/