Subject: [NEXTEL-1] LG Mobile Phones Grabs the Spotlight as CTIA'S 2004 Annual Wireless Show Gears Up

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:19:30 -0500

LG Mobile Phones Grabs the Spotlight as CTIA'S 2004 Annual Wireless Show
Gears Up

2004 Handset Line-Up Provides a Glimpse Into the Future of the Wireless
Industry

ATLANTA, March 22 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Mobile Phones, a leading worldwide
provider of communications equipment and solutions, will be in high gear
at the CTIA Wireless 2004 show at the Georgia World Congress Center in
Atlanta March 22-24, offering attendees a chance to preview its newest
and yet-to-be-released mobile handsets that combine the latest wireless
technologies, including EVDO and video, with style and innovation.  LG
Mobile Phones experienced rapid growth in 2003, highlighted by the
release of the LG VX6000 handset, which was first shown at CTIA 2003 and
became an instant bestseller and media favorite.  LG's share of the
mobile handset market steadily increased, culminating in LG winning the
top CDMA manufacturer spot for the year 2003 both domestically and
globally, according to market research from Strategy Analytics.
According to Strategy Analytics' data, LG leapt from third in 2002 to
first in 2003 with 24 percent of CDMA sell in volume in the U.S., and
gained 22 percent of the global CDMA market, ranking them first in both
the U.S. and the world.  Building on this recent success in the CDMA
market, LG is now poised for their next big step, a growing presence in
the GSM space.  LG has risen steadily in the ranks of the global GSM
market since 2001, and in late 2003 launched their first two GSM
handsets for the U.S., the G4050 and G4010 with Cingular Wireless.  In
early 2004 LG launched an additional GSM handset, the G4011, and
announced another new carrier relationship with AT&T Wireless.  LG plans
to launch multiple new GSM models with advanced capabilities throughout
2004, parlaying their success in the CDMA space into expanding U.S. and
global GSM market share.
In addition to demonstrating its upcoming 2004 handset roadmap at CTIA,
LG Mobile Phones will be discussing the launch of a new $300 million
branding campaign as part of the larger LG Electronics family and how
they plan to continue to build on their successes from the past year.
"LG will have tremendously high visibility at this year's CTIA," said
Juno Cho, president of LG Mobile Phones.  "The introduction of our 2004
handset roadmap will allow the industry to get their first glimpse at
the long list of new phones, both CDMA and GSM models, including our
first EVDO handset, our first GSM model with integrated camera and a
video phone for the U.S., that takes last year's camera phones to a
whole new level." LG's presence in Atlanta kicks off with Mobile Focus,
a special press-only preview of the latest wireless products and
services hosted by Pepcom.  The event will be held at the Inforum in
downtown Atlanta on Sunday, March 21, at 6:00 p.m.

LG Mobile Phones newly-appointed president, Juno Cho will be the first
keynote speaker on Tuesday, March 23 as he looks to the current and
future innovations in the wireless industry and LG's plans for mobile
phone and home networking convergence.  Tuesday's keynote sessions at
CTIA will run from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Thomas Murphy
Ballroom.  Fashionistas and wannabes alike can then check out the sleek
styles and hot new looks of some of LG's latest handsets at the "Fashion
In Motion" wireless fashion show which will be held several times during
each day of the show in MEX Hall B5.  Three of LG's upcoming handsets
will be prowling the runway along with the latest and greatest in
communication technology.  During exhibit hours at the show, attendees
can get a close look at all the latest products from LG at the LG booth,
#728.
Featured LG handsets at CTIA include:

LG8000: With EVDO technology, the future of mobile phones has arrived
ahead of schedule.  The new LG8000 EVDO handset is the pinnacle of a
visual entertainment handset, enhanced by the high-speed data
capabilities of EVDO technology.  The 8000 features Video and Music on
Demand for streaming, downloading and playing video and audio clips,
Video Messaging capabilities and an integrated CCD 1.3 mega pixel camera
with ten digital zoom settings for shooting video and still images.

LG7000: The LG7000 embodies all the latest trends in mobile phone
technology, taking the camera phone to a new level with video capability
and rotating lens.  Take up to 15 seconds of video with the 7000 and
then send your clip to another phone or email address via the new
Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS).

LG5550: The LG5550 mobile phone offers callers the benefit of hands-free
use with voice recognition and speakerphone capabilities, along with an
internal color LCD screen.  An innovative new form factor positions the
circular external Organic Electro-Luminescent display (OEL) at the
bottom of the handset.

LG5450: The LG5450 combines all the innovative, easy-to-use features
that customers have come to expect from LG with the addition of an
embedded camera for snapping photos and capturing special moments
whenever they happen, wherever they are.  The light and compact LG5450
weighs in at less than four ounces and comes in a sleek clamshell design
with an external LCD screen for customizable caller ID.

LG1200: Awaken your inner shutterbug with the latest craze in mobile
phones, the camera phone.  The LG 1200 handset debuts at CTIA, the first
GSM handset from LG to feature an integrated VGA camera with digital
zoom, resolution adjustment, white balance and color effects
adjustments, along with photo caller ID display.

LG5400: The LG 5400 is a lightweight handset for people on the go who
need a compact phone but don't want to sacrifice the popular clamshell
style.  Featuring an internal color screen, external Caller ID LCD
screen, Web access and two-way short messaging service (SMS), the 5400
offers all the essential features in a stylish package.

LG5225: Deemed the "little black dress" of wireless handsets, the LG5225
is considered a wardrobe staple among mobile phones, and for good
reason.  This sleek and elegant handset boasts an impressive list of
up-to-date features and has one of LG's sleekest form factors yet, with
a smooth black finish and unobtrusive internal antenna.

LG4600: It can be argued that no one makes a color clamshell phone quite
as well as LG Mobile Phones, and the LG4600 is no exception.  Featuring
an innovative external OEL display, 65K color internal LCD screen and
blue, backlit keypad, the 4600 crackles with color.

VX4500: The VX4500 offers the latest in Enhanced Messaging Service
(EMS), allowing users to send and receive text messages with photos,
graphics and sound.  In addition to these advanced messaging
capabilities, the VX4500 also features the latest in mobile technology
with speaker-independent voice recognition, voice commands and two-way
speakerphone technology.
LG4011: The LG4011 features LG's trademark clamshell shape in a
sophisticated silver color, sleek, clean design and weighs in at less
than three ounces.  This GSM handset features generous amounts of talk
and standby time, speed dialing, personal organizer and text messaging
capabilities, as well as extras including downloadable ringers and games
and a built-in Web browser.
LG3200: The LG3200 color handset is a lightweight, sleek mobile phone
that serves up a full plate of standard features without sacrificing
style.  Perfect for those mobile users that want a simple phone without
complicated features, but don't want to sacrifice style, this sleek
clamshell handset offers all the basics in a well-designed package.

LG1300: LG continues to branch out into the GSM space with the LG1300
handset, combining style and fun in one sleek package.  The one-touch
Wireless Internet Express button keeps users connected to the world of
the Web at the touch of a button, wherever they go, whenever they're
ready.

About LG Mobile Phones
LG Mobile Phones' expertise in designing sleek, user-friendly phones has
proven wildly successfully in the U.S. market, where the company's
market share of all CDMA handsets has exponentially grown in just four
years.  LG recently claimed 24 percent of the CDMA market share in the
U.S. for 2003, ranking LG as the largest manufacturer, according to
analysts at Strategy Analytics.  LG has recently brought their
international success in the GSM market to the U.S., expanding their
product lineup to include GSM handsets.  LG has plans to increase its
market penetration even further with a new branding campaign and an
aggressive roadmap of handset launches throughout 2004.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/