Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SpectraLink Introduces New Docking Stations for Wireless VoIP Telephones

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:10:48 -0500

SpectraLink Introduces New Docking Stations for Wireless VoIP Telephones

SpectraLink Corporation has unveiled the NetLink s340 and s640 Docking
Stations designed to benefit business employees who spend time at a desk
location, but also require mobile phone capabilities. The NetLink
Docking Station provides a full-featured wireless desktop telephone and
docking station for a SpectraLink's NetLink e340 or i640 wireless
handset. Feature keys (26) and a large backlit dot matrix display with
icons and line-status indicators (1.5" high x 2.75" wide) provide access
to popular business telephone features such as conference, transfer,
hold, speakerphone and more. An integrated charging cradle charges the
e340 or i640 in 1.5 hours. Available in April 2004, the NetLink Docking
Station will list for $299.

The NetLink Wireless Deskset works over an 802.11b wireless LAN,
eliminating the need for telephone wiring which typically costs $100 per
telephone line; SpectraLink estimates that a single wireless LAN access
point can serve 20 telephones for $15 per user. The new Docking Stations
require the Wi-Fi radio in the e340 or i640 handset for network access
and operation; later this year, SpectraLink will introduce a stand-alone
deskset ($499) that does not require a handset for operation.

SpectraLink's recently-introduced wireless handsets expand the telephone
choices for NetLink customers and add additional features to address
multiple industry types and varying business customer needs. The e340 is
lighter (4.2 ounces; $399), slightly smaller and less expensive than the
original NetLink Wireless Telephone (6 ounces; $679) introduced in 1999,
but offers the same talk time and standby capacity (4 hours talk time/80
hours standby). The i640 replaces the original NetLink handset, but adds
the push-to- talk mode that acts as a two-way radio or walkie-talkie.
The expanded portfolio of handsets and the new Docking Stations should
help SpectraLink maintain the top spot in the Enterprise Wireless
Market.

For head-to-head comparisons of PBX, Key and IP-PBX Systems and
applications, be sure to access the comprehensive web database,
TelecomTactics: A Side-By-Side Guide to Enterprise Communications
Products, the industry's definitive tool for effective sales planning
and competitive bid preparation. To learn more, click on
http://www.telecomtactics.com. Or, click on
http://www.telecomweb.com/newsstand and TelecomTactics Insider for more
enterprise telephony news.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/