Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC - 03/12/2004

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:53:51 -0500

FCC SEEKS COMMENT ON RULES TO ELIMINATE SPAM FROM MOBILE PHONES.   The
Commission adopted a NPRM and FNPRM relating to protecting consumers
from SPAM and unauthorized telemarketing calls on their mobile phones.
News Release. (Dkt No 02-278, 04-53). Adopted:  03/11/2004. News Media
Contact: Rosemary Kimball at (202) 418-0511, email:
[email-masked]  CGB. Contact Ruth Yodaiken at (202) 418-2512
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244843A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244843A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244843A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244843A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244843A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244843A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244843A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244843A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244843A3.txt> 

 FCC AMENDS INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS POLICY IN STEP WITH MARKET
CHANGES.   U.S. Carriers and Consumers to Benefit.  News Release.
Adopted:  03/11/2004. News Media Contact: Linda L. Haller at (202)
418-1408, email: [email-masked]  IB. Contact Alexandra Field at
(202) 418-2064 or Gardner Foster (202) 418-1460
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244845A4.txt> 

 COMMISSION PROPOSES STATUTORY MAXIMUM FORFEITURE OF $247,500 AGAINST
CLEAR CHANNEL COMMUNICATIONS FOR APPARENT VIOLATIONS OF INDENCY RULE.
News Release. News Media Contact: Janice Wise at (202) 418-7450  EB.
Contact Janice Wise or William Freedman (202) 418-7450
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244908A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244908A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244908A1.txt> 

 FCC CALENDAR OF EVENTS.  News Release. News Media Contact: Sharon Hurd
at (202) 418-0504  OMR
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244913A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244913A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244913A1.txt> 

Report No: CWS-04-26 Released:  03/12/2004.  ANTENNA STRUCTURE
REGISTRATION SERVICE INFORMATION.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244869A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244869A1.txt> 

 Released:  03/12/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU OPENS FILING
WINDOW FOR PROPOSALS TO DEVELOP AND MANAGE INDEPENDENT DATABASE OF SITE
REGISTRATIONS BY LICENSEES IN THE 71-76 GHZ, 81-86 GHZ AND 92-95 GHZ
BANDS. (DA No.  04-672). (Dkt No 02-146).  WTB. Contact:  John Spencer
at (202) 418-1896, TTY: (202) 418-7233
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-672A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-672A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-672A1.txt> 

 AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC/CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES,
INC./CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP.   Notified Clear Channel that it is
apparently liable for a total monetary forfeiture in the amount of
$247,500 for willfully and repeatedly broadcasting indecent material.
Action by:  the Commission. Adopted:  03/04/2004 by NALF. (FCC No.
04-47).  EB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-47A4.txt> 

 AMENDMENT OF PART 11 OF THE COMMISSION'S RULES REGARDING THE EMERGENCY
ALERT SYSTEM.   Proposed to adopt revisions to the Part 11 rules
governing the Emergency Alert System (EAS)  that will allow wireless
cable television systems to provide EAS alerts to their subscribers in a
more efficient and less burdensome manner. (Dkt No.  04-51). Action by:
the Commission. Adopted:  03/04/2004 by NPRM. (FCC No. 04-46).  EB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-46A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-46A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-46A1.txt> 

 AMENDMENT OF PART 2 OF THE COMMISSION'S RULES TO REALIGN THE 76-81- GHZ
BAND AND THE FREQUENCY RANGE ABOVE 95 GHZ CONSISTENT WITH INTERNATIONAL
ALLOCATION CHANGES.   Issued Erratum correcting minor errors in Report
and Order, FCC 04-20, released February 12, 2004. (Dkt No.  99-261,
03-102). Action by:  Chief, Office of Engineering and Technology.
Adopted:  03/11/2004 by ERRATUM.  OET
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244880A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244880A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244880A1.txt> 
ADDENDA:  THE FOLLOWING ITEMS, RELEASED MARCH 11, 2004, DID NOT APPEAR
IN DIGEST NO. 48:

 FCC INTERNET POLICY WORKING GROUP TO HOLD SECOND SOLUTIONS SUMMIT ON
FRIDAY, MAY 7, 2004.  News Release. News Media Contact: Meribeth
McCarrick at (202) 418-0654 or Rosemary Kimball at (202) 418-0511  CGB.
Contact Kelly Jones at (202) 418-7078 or TTY: (202) 418- 7172, email:
[email-masked]
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244851A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244851A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244851A1.txt> 

 FCC SEEKS COMMENTS ON IMPOSITION OF MANDATORY MINIMUM INFORMATION
SHARING REQUIREMENTS ON TELCOS.   Adjustments to customer account record
exchange (CARE) system could improve billing accuracy.  News Release.
(Dkt No 02-386). (FCC No. 04-50). News Media Contact: Rosemary Kimball
at (202) 418-0511, email: [email-masked]  CGB. Contact Nancy
Stevenson at (202) 418-2512
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244844A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244844A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244844A1.txt> 

 COMMISSIONER COPPS CALLS FOR AN "ALWAYS-ON" CAMPAIGN FOR CONSUMERS.
News Release. News Media Contact: Paul Margie: (202) 418-2000  CMMR
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244855A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244855A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244855A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244855A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244855A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244855A2.txt> 

Report No: 473 Released:  03/11/2004.  MEDIA BUREAU CALL SIGN ACTIONS.
MB, MB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244883A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244883A1.txt> 

 Released:  03/11/2004.  FCC ANNOUNCES AGENDA FOR MARCH 18, 2004
SOLUTIONS SUMMIT ON 911/E911 ISSUES ASSOCIATED WITH INTERNET-BASED
COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244849A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244849A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244849A1.txt>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/