Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ACTION ON TOWER-SITING ACCORD WEEKS AWAY, ACCORDING TO TRAMONT

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:14:26 -0500

ACTION ON TOWER-SITING ACCORD WEEKS AWAY, ACCORDING TO TRAMONT

3/24/04

ATLANTA - FCC action on a nationwide programmatic agreement to
streamline the siting of new and replacement towers is likely weeks
away, FCC Chief of Staff Bryan Tramont said today.

The Commission had hoped to adopt the item at its February meeting
and then again at its meeting this month.  It left it off the agenda
for this month's meeting at the request of FCC Commissioner Kathleen Q.
Abernathy, who wanted more time to consider the item, sources said.

Among the thorny issues still being discussed are requirements for
tribal consultation on projects, exemptions to the accord, and "best
practices" that the FCC negotiated separately with a group of tribes,
according to industry sources.

Mr. Tramont told reporters after a panel discussion at the Cellular
Telecommunications & Internet Association's show here that he hoped
the Commission could complete action on the agreement within the
next several weeks.

"There are so many little details," Mr. Tramont said.  "I'm hopeful we
can break it loose in the next couple of weeks."  He said action on the
accord has been slowed by consideration of an order in the agency's
800 MHz band proceeding.- Paul Kirby, [email-masked]

http://www.tr.com/online/trd/2004/td032204/index.htm

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/