Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CALIFORNIA- An act to add Section 8592.6 to the Government Code, relating to public safety.

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 02:01:07 -0500

BILL NUMBER: SB 605 INTRODUCED
BILL TEXT

INTRODUCED BY   Senator McPherson
FEBRUARY 20, 2003

An act to add Section 8592.6 to the Government Code, relating to public
safety.

LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST

SB 605, as introduced, McPherson.  Public safety: communication
equipment.
Existing law provides that the Public Safety Radio Strategic Planning
Committee, comprised of 12 specified state entities, shall have primary
responsibility in state government for developing and implementing a
statewide integrated public safety communication system for state
government agencies that facilitates interoperability and other shared
uses of public safety spectrum with local and federal agencies.
Existing law requires the committee to make recommendations for agency
purchase of new or upgraded communication equipment that will enable
interoperability consistent with public safety digital communications
standards of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)and the
Telecommunications Information Association (TIA).
Existing law further provides that specified moneys received from the
federal government for homeland security may be allocated for
disbursement to state and local public safety agencies to procure and
operate interoperable radio equipment that meets the public safety
digital communications standards in Suite 102 of the ANSI and the TIA.
This bill would require a state agency that purchases public safety
radio communication equipment to comply with recommendations of the
Public Safety Radio Strategic Planning Committee regarding equipment
purchase and to ensure that equipment purchased complies with public
safety digital communications standards in Suite 102 of the ANSI and the
TIA.
Vote:  majority.  Appropriation:  no.  Fiscal committee:  yes.
State-mandated local program:  no.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

SECTION 1.  Section 8592.6 is added to the Government Code, to read:
8592.6.  A state agency that purchases public safety radio communication
equipment shall comply with recommendations of the committee pursuant to
Section 8592.4 and shall ensure that the equipment purchased complies
with Section 8592.9.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/