Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel to invest US$225 million in 2004

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:31:35 -0500

Nextel to invest US$225 million in 2004
March 2, 2004 4:52pm

MEXICO CITY, Mar 02, 2004 (El Universal/Corporate Mexico by Internet
Securities, Inc. via COMTEX) --Nextel plans to invest US$225 million in
2004, some 64% more than 2003 investments. Of the total, the greater
part will be channeled to Mexican operations.<P>Gustavo Cantú, vice
president of Nextel México operations, said that the investment funds
will come from frequent tenders for "trunking" services and from
cellular telephony.<P>"Unlike what is happening with the rest of
cellular phone operators...Nextel expects to increase its average
revenue per user [ARPU] that is already higher than that of the rest of
the sector," said Cantú, adding that the ARPU for the market is
US$17-19, while Nextel enjoys an ARPU of US$78. In 2003, Nextel enjoyed
an 80% market share for companies and a 20% share for natural persons-a
figure that doubled 2002 figures.This year, the company plans to offer a
service called "push to talk"-radio communication-that allows users to
have a direct connections between each other. The company also plans to
extend the direct international connection service, free of long
distance charges, between users in Mexican territories and the United
States

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID=NR20040302375.4_fe39002b69a80a40

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/