Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Adelstein, Stevens, Dorgan Headline NTCA 2004 Legislative and Policy Conference

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:01:07 -0500

Adelstein, Stevens, Dorgan Headline NTCA 2004 Legislative and Policy
Conference
FCC Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein and Sens. Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.) and
Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) will address the attendees of the 2004 National
Telephone Cooperative Association's Legislative & Policy Conference,
slated for March 21-24 in Washington, D.C.

More than 570 members of NCTA will travel to Washington to meet with
policymakers to discuss universal service, intercarrier compensation,
local rates and regulatory flexibility. Members of the press are invited
to attend three events on Monday and a fourth on Tuesday. All events are
at the Hyatt on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue (Red Line-Union
Station).

Adelstein will serve as the keynote speaker during the regulatory
overview set for 9 a.m. Monday (March 22), which will be followed by a
question-and-answer session with the audience. Adelstein will provide
his take on Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), intercarrier
compensation and the Universal Joint Board's recommended decision on
universal service. Also, NTCA staff will provide an overview of the
association's position on VoIP, local number portability and other key
regulatory issues.
Sens. Dorgan and Stevens at 8:a.m. on Tuesday (March 23) will address
attendees during the policy breakfast (the breakfast begins at 7:45
a.m.) Both lawmakers will explore the future of universal service and
offer their perspectives on rewriting the Telecommunications Act of
1996.

For more information on how to register for the conference, contact
Donna Taylor at [email-masked].

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/