Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Iraqi network to discuss sucess

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 03:07:41 -0500

Iraqi network to discuss sucess

In its first public appearance outside Iraq, Asiacell, the GSM network
operator in Iraq, will share its regional and national expansion plans
for the provision of public GSM mobile communications services. Asiacell
Chief Financial Officer, Mr. Ahmad Haleem, will be addressing delegates
at the Beirut Forum during a special first session dedicated to the
development of national mobile communications in Iraq.

“Asiacell is a unique success story already. We have seen subscribers
rocket to over 125,000 since the granting of our license to operate a
mobile network by the Iraqi Ministry of Telecommunications in October
2003,” said Haleem. “We’re looking forward to sharing our experience and
our plans for the future at the Beirut Forum.”

Asiacell is the only Iraqi operator with over 125,000 lines in service,
a full transmission and switching network serving multiple cities and
the capability to expand rapidly and build advanced network services
today. A partnership with Kuwait’s Wataniya Telecom, the leading GSM
provider in Kuwait and a key regional operator, gives Asiacell access to
technical expertise and financial backing to drive its ambitious
expansion plans.

“We believe in the critical importance of driving widespread
telecommunications services to Iraq’s people, fast. And we’re able to
act on that belief,” said Haleem. “This opportunity to share that belief
is one we take very seriously.”
The company operates a fast-expanding network that covers the cities of
Sulaymaniya, Mosul and Kirkuk. The Asiacell network has current network
capacity to serve some 400,000 subscribers.

“Asiacell is ready to expand. We have the financial strength to expand.
We have the experience to expand and we have a fully operational network
in Iraq today that we can expand,’ said Haleem.  “We are driving
economic growth opportunities in Northern Iraq by providing effective
access to telecommunications facilities for people and businesses and
this is the story we are sharing at the Beirut Forum.”

The Iraq Telecom forum is being held at the UN House in Beirut on the
9th-10th march 2004 and features speakers from UN ESCWA as well as the
Iraqi Ministry of Telecommunications, Ministry of Electricity and
Ministry of Oil as well as expert speakers from the public and private
sectors.

Posted to the site on 05-Mar-04

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10778.shtml
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/