Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel and NASCAR - Nextel officials are uneasy with the image

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:25:26 -0500

• NASCAR's pre-race shows are impressively and colorfully patriotic,
with flags waving and race crews, including drivers, standing crisply
at attention on pit road, and with glorious vocals and spectacular
military flyovers. However, according to sources, some Nextel
officials are uneasy with the image that might be seen by some as too
staunchly militaristic and pro-war and might prefer a more
middle-of-the-road approach to that and other sensitive political
issues. And it is being suggested, according to these sources, that
since Republican George Bush was invited to Daytona, a similar
invitation should be extended to John Kerry, a Democratic presidential
candidate, at another Nextel Cup race later this season.

http://jayski.thatsracin.com/

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/