Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CDMA450 Wireless Trial

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:01:19 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2004/6732.htm

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

Sasken

Free
eSeminar : Managing Wireless Data Networks

Anritsu

Free
UMTS Technical Note

CDMA450
Wireless Trial

5th March , 2004

Europe
: Lucent Technologies announced it is conducting a trial of commercial
CDMA450 technology in Brazil in conjunction with Anatel, the federal
communications agency in Brazil.

Left
shows Luiz Cláudio Rosa of Lucent Brazil who is quoted below.

The
trial is part of Anatel's "Digital Inclusion and Universal Internet
Access" project, an effort to explore technologies that can help
bridge the "digital divide" in the country.

The
trial of CDMA450 - CDMA2000® wireless technology deployed in 450
MHz spectrum - covers the region surrounding Brasília, Brazil's
capital, and follows a successful series of CDMA450 voice and data
calls and demonstrations completed by Lucent for Anatel.

"CDMA450
is an ideal technology to address the lack of last-mile access to
voice and data services in countries with vast territories, such as
Brazil, because it can cost-effectively provide superior capacity
and coverage with fewer wireless base stations than competing technologies,"
said Luiz Cláudio Rosa, vice president of business development,
Lucent Technologies Brazil. "CDMA450 has the potential to not
only bridge the digital divide, but to leapfrog it, because it can
be used for both mobile and fixed services - wideband or narrowband
- delivering voice, high-speed data, video or any combination of these
services to previously underserved or unreachable areas."

CDMA450
is currently being evaluated by telecommunications regulatory agencies
in Brazil. Lucent is working with Anatel in Brazil and other regulatory
agencies in Latin America, sharing studies and trial results to demonstrate
the benefits of this technology.

Lucent's
CDMA450 solutions support third-generation (3G) wireless technologies
such as CDMA2000 1X, which provides voice and data capabilities, and
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO, which provides high-speed data capabilities at speeds
of up to 2.4 Megabits per second.

Lucent,
the first to deliver CDMA450 solutions globally, has deployed commercial
networks in 450 MHz spectrum for Delta Telecom and Moscow Cellular
Communications -- both part of the SkyLink initiative in Russia --
and Zapp Mobile in Romania, and is conducting numerous CDMA450 trials
with customers around the world.

A
global leader in the development of commercial 3G spread-spectrum
solutions, Lucent's Mobility Solutions Group has deployed CDMA2000
networks with more than 25 mobile operators on the continents of North
and South America, Asia, Europe and in the Australia/New Zealand region.
Lucent also is collaborating with major UMTS/W-CDMA operators in Asia,
Europe and North America on the development of their 3G networks.
Lucent has deployed more than 90,000 spread-spectrum base stations
for mobile operators worldwide, of which 50,000 are already supporting
3G services.

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

3G
Horse Racing

Users
can also access a rich array of racing information and tips from renowned
horse commentators in the “iHorse” Portal.

CDMA450
Wireless Trial

Lucent
Technologies announced it is conducting a trial of commercial CDMA450
technology in Brazil

Browser
Centric Wireless Handsets

Kyocera's
manufactured ZTE V91 and Lucent LU PS-900 are the first handsets in the
upcoming new generation of browser-centric phones

WLAN
Test Set for Testing of 802.11 WLAN Devices

Anritsu
has introduced the MT8860A WLAN Test Set, the first high-speed measurement
solution designed specifically for testing WLAN devices

Single
Applications Processor in Wireless Handsets

Until
recently there were two distinct hardware engines in cellular handsets:
the digital signal processor (DSP), which performs signal processing functions

New
Power Amps for NEC 3G Phones

RF
Micro Devices announced production shipments of its RF3133 and RF3140
PowerStar(R) power amplifier (PA) modules to NEC, a leading original equipment
manufacturer (OEM) and solutions provider for broadband networking and
mobile Internet.

Vodafone
Live Takes Wireless Cartoons

Cartoon
Network announces the launch of its mobile services featuring Tom and
Jerry, The Flintstones, The Powerpuff Girls and a whole host of its other
world famous characters in a major deal with Vodafone.

Intel
Involoved In New 3G Power Management

Dialog
Semiconductor Plc (NASDAQ: DLGS, Prime Standard: DLG), has announced it
will introduce a new power management controller

New
Mobile Technology Platform For 3G Phones

Hong
Kong based Artificial Life announced the release of its new and next generation
mobile technology platform called SmartEngine Mobile Platform

New
Interactive 3G Channel

Exactly
one year after the launch of its video mobile network, 3 has announced
'Today on 3' - the UK's first live video mobile news and entertainment
channel.

Motorola
Launch the 3G A925 Handset

MP3
player; touch screen operation; video calling, playback and messaging;
picture messaging; as well as Bluetooth connectivity; digital camera

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

Home
ProZone
Subscribe
To Newsletter 3G
Forum

Free
3G Phones

US
Zone ASIAZone
EuroZone
UKZone

3G
Phone Zone 3
3G
New Launches