Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Powell, Gallagher meet on spectrum management

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:14:50 -0500

Powell, Gallagher meet on spectrum management
March 01 12:01:00, 2004

WASHINGTON—The spectrum management teams of the Federal Communications
Commission and the National Telecommunications and Information
Administration met on Friday as part of the continuing spectrum
coordination process.
“This cooperation will better enable us to bring the benefits of new and
enhanced spectrum-based services to businesses and consumers,” said FCC
Chairman Michael Powell.

“Cutting-edge spectrum policy means job creation, economic leadership
and military strength. Today’s meeting laid the foundation for the next
round of spectrum successes,” said Michael Gallagher, acting assistant
Commerce secretary for communications and information.

Powell began meeting with Gallagher’s predecessor, Nancy Victory, after
the two agencies had some high-profile disputes regarding
third-generation wireless services and ultra-wideband technology.
The FCC manages commercial and public-safety spectrum while NTIA is
responsible for spectrum used by the federal government.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17102
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/