Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Big push for push-to-talk phones in Korea

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:33:54 -0500

7:46 PM HST Sunday

Big push for push-to-talk phones in Korea
The cell phones Nextel made famous are the next big thing in South 
Korea. 

The Yonhap news agency reported Monday that both Samsung and LG, the 
two top electronics companies in Korea, plan to offer wireless phone 
handsets with push-to-talk features that turn a cell phone into a 
two-way radio. 

Nextel's push-to-talk feature, which put the company on the map (two 
companies, actually: in Hawaii the service comes from a company 
called Nextel Partners which acts as franchisee in about half the 
states), has lately been copied by its U.S. competitors. 

Samsung, which is the third biggest electronics company worldwide, 
promises push-to-talk phones in concert with Nokia, the Finnish 
company that is the world's biggest manufacturer of wireless phone 
handsets. LG Electronics is working on its own. Both want to go to 
market by the end of this year. 

About 70 percent of Korean consumers carry more than one cell phone.

http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2004/03/15/daily4.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/