Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RadioFrame Networks Demonstrates Flagship Product's

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:25:29 -0500

FEB 26,2004 15:44 PACIFIC 18:44 EASTERN
( BW)(WA-RADIOFRAME-NETWORKS) RadioFrame Networks Demonstrates Flagship
Product's
Expanded Local Switching to Enterprise PBX and WLANs
Business Editors/High-Tech Writers
3GSM World Congress 2004
Stand D16 in Hall 2

CANNES, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 24, 2004—
The RadioFrame System, a Flexible Wireless Access Platform, Supports
Local Switching Between
GSM and Wi-Fi Networks, and GSM Calls Routed over Packet Data Networks
to Remote Hotspot
Locations

RadioFrame Networks(TM) Inc., the first in-building wireless
infrastructure company, today demonstrated the RadioFrame(R) System
capability to locally-switch calls between a variety of networks,
including between GSM and voice over WLAN (VoWLAN), and Push to Talk
over GPRS and 802.11-enabled PDAs. This functionality represents an
opportunity for wireless operators to directly address and embrace voice
over WLAN challenges to their core enterprise business.
The company will be demonstrating this capability at 3GSM World Congress
at Stand D16 in Hall 2, February 23-26. RadioFrame will also demonstrate
data handoffs at the show between GPRS and WLAN networks.

'We're hearing a lot about how wireless operators are bound to lose a
good chunk of their voice revenue to voice over Wi-Fi. This is not
inevitable,' said Jeff Brown, CEO of RadioFrame Networks.  'Deploying
RadioFrame equipment, operators can offer the enterprise what they
really want from cellular: inexpensive voice calls, reliable in-building
coverage, integration with corporate PBXs and a single low-cost handset.
The issue isn't IP versus cellular, it's how carriers can use IP to
improve cellular.'

The RadioFrame System is a platform for all in-building enterprise
communications, including 802.11 and current and future cellular
standards. The benefits for the enterprise of local switching include
less expensive in-building calls on mobile phones, integration of
wireless voice services with the wireline PBX and higher quality of
service on cellular calls. Operators can off-load traffic from their
wide area networks, thereby reducing their backhaul costs and
cost-justifying new, flexible rate plans, while offering a new suite of
services to the enterprise.

Central to the RadioFrame System are RadioFrame Units (RFUs), high
capacity 'super access bays' which are mounted at various locations
within a building. Each RFU is about the size of an exit sign and can
contain up to seven low-power RadioBlade(TM) transceivers, which
communicate with a full range of mobile devices. The open network
architecture allows the system to be configured to increase capacity and
to add new, multiple wireless standards to the existing RadioFrame
installation with 'plug and play' ease, by simply adding RadioBlade
transceivers to the RFUs. The integrated cellular/WLAN platform can be
centrally managed by the operator, providing a simple, single point of
contact, as well as a lower cost solution, for the enterprise.

The RadioFrame System simplifies switching of calls between protocols.
Call packets can be routinely routed within the RadioFrame System and
even broadly distributed via packet data networks to remote locations
such as SME and SOHO offices, and public hotspots. At Cannes, the
company is showing its hotspot solution that efficiently handles both
cellular/PCS services and 802.11 WLAN services over a common, low-cost
DSL backhaul.

Currently, the RadioFrame System is offered by Nextel Communications.
The technology is deployed in a variety of customer sites, including
large installations at IBM Research facilities in New York state and
John Carroll University in Cleveland, OH.
The RadioFrame(R) System is Wi-Fi Certified and compatible with hundreds
of WLAN client cards.  Additional 802.11 standards can easily be added
to the platform. The WLAN component maintains existing university
security policies, supports the IEEE 802.11b security standards and
additional security enhancements.

http://www.pressrelations.de/index.cfm?start_url=http%3A//www.pressrelations.de/search/release.cfm%3Fr%3D148436%26style%3D

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/