Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Launches Electioneering Database

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:02:00 -0500

FCC Launches Electioneering Database

The FCC's Media Bureau launched an Electioneering Communications
Database to help determine whether a communication sent by broadcast,
cable or satellite could reach 50,000 or more people in a particular
congressional district or state. If the communication reaches that
number, it may be considered an "electioneering communication," as
defined in Section 304 of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971, as
amended. In addition, Section 316 of the Federal Election Campaign Act
prohibits certain entities from paying for electioneering
communications.

A person who spends more than $10,000 on an electioneering communication
in any calendar year must file a statement with the Federal Election
Commission that includes certain information on the communication. The
database is available at http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/ecd.  The database
will remain unchanged through the end of the 2004 election cycle. The
Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002 directed the FCC to create the
database.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/