Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Applied Innovation Introduces AIbadger-RFM for Cell Site Radio Frequency Monitoring

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:25:44 -0500

Applied Innovation Introduces AIbadger-RFM for Cell Site Radio Frequency
Monitoring

Solutions Demonstrated in Booth 3069 at CTIA Wireless
at the Georgia World Congress Center March 22-24, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio, March 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Applied Innovation
Inc.  (Nasdaq: AINN) today introduced AIbadger-RFM, its new solution to
monitor radio frequency (RF) devices at remote cell sites. Through
automated testing, AIbadger-RFM recreates the user voice and data
experience at the cell site level to provide network managers with key
RF performance information.  Gerard B. Moersdorf, Jr., President, CEO
and Chairman of Applied Innovation said, "AIbadger-RFM extends Applied
Innovation's ability to provide intelligent wireless site management
solutions to our customers. We're excited to release a flexible product
that helps wireless service providers solve a network management issue
they have been faced with for some time. We took a new approach by
looking at the challenge at an operational-level instead of trying to
solve it with a spectrum analyzer-based solution. This innovative
thinking produced a very cost-effective alternative for our customers as
they strive to improve quality while deploying advanced data services to
their customers."

Taking a more proactive approach to managing the performance of base
station elements, such as RF path integrity, improves network
availability by allowing critical maintenance to be performed before an
outage occurs. With a powerful scripting engine and flexible hardware
design, AIbadger-RFM allows technical support staff to remotely connect
to a problematic cell site to recreate the customer experience. Because
of its cost-effectiveness, AIbadger-RFM can be placed at every cell
site, giving customers improved quality of service and network managers
a comprehensive view of their networks.

Strategically placed at the cell site, AIbadger-RFM gives wireless
service providers access to all sectors and RF carriers using low loss
coupling techniques. It performs automated, non-intrusive performance
tests for voice calls, data calls including 3G and RF path integrity. In
doing so, it recreates the customer experience and alerts the network
operations center of deviations from normal cell site activity. This can
be done as either a scheduled or user-initiated action. If initiated by
the user, it's performed via an easy-to-use Web browser interface. The
initial AIbadger-RFM product is available for CDMA (code division
multiple access) applications and will be followed with a model for GSM
(global system for mobile communications) users.  Applied Innovation's
existing AIbadger product line is currently deployed throughout Tier 1
wireless service providers' networks. AIbadger improves network quality
and availability, while driving operational efficiencies, reducing
operating expenses and assuring revenues critical to customers' success.

RF monitoring will be part of live demonstrations exhibited by Applied
Innovation in Booth 3069 at Cellular Telecommunications & Internet
Association's (CTIA) Wireless 2004 show on March 22-24, 2004.

About Applied Innovation

Applied Innovation is a network management solutions company that
simplifies and enhances the operation of complex, distributed voice and
data networks. Building on a deep knowledge of network architecture,
elements and management, Applied Innovation delivers unique hardware,
software and service solutions that provide greater connectivity,
visibility and control of network elements and the systems that support
them.

Applied Innovation, headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, is traded on NASDAQ
under the symbol AINN. For more information, please visit the Company's
Web site at http://www.AppliedInnovation.com .

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/