Subject: [NEXTEL-1] European Need for Push-to-Talk Questioned

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:58:38 -0500

European Need for Push-to-Talk Questioned

Industry observers are questioning Europe’s need for push-to-talk
wireless technology. Push-to-talk, which has been a huge hit in the
United States, could be too much for the European market to handle right
now. Some say European operators have enough on their plates with the
launch of 3G services.  Push-to-talk promises to target 1 million users
within a year of Orange SA’s initial January launch, but London-based
Strategy Analytics says push-to-talk in Europe is another technology
that will be much more hyped than used, especially since Europeans use
mobile phones differently than Americans.  Some analysts speculate that
it will remain a niche for businesses now using walkie-talkies. (See:
Previous: DJ /  Wall Street Journal Post)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/