Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:09:37 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter -
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/76421/793725
Tuesday, March 09, 2004
================================================================

-------------------------------------
TOP NEWS STORIES
-------------------------------------

1) Cypress Announces Interference Avoidance Technology for WirelessUSB
Devices
2) TCL, Wavecom sign License Agreement
3) Atmel's GPS Chip Set Now Equipped with New Firmware V3.0

---------------------------------------

1) Cypress Announces Interference Avoidance Technology for WirelessUSB
Devices

Cypress Semiconductor's WirelessUSB LS radio system on a chip performs
reliably at 10 meters in the presence of heavy interference from
multiple 2.4 GHz devices, according to recent interference immunity
tests. The devices employ a unique approach for handling 2.4 GHz
wireless data packets to ensure reliable data communication in
electrically "noisy" environments...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/76422/793725

2) TCL, Wavecom sign License Agreement

Wavecom has signed a software tools License Agreement with TCL Mobile
Communication Co., Ltd. The agreement gives TCL the right to use
Wavecom's Advanced Open MMI and Open Stack software tools for the
development of a series of high-end multimedia telephones based on
Wavecom's Flex platform...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/76423/793725

3) Atmel's GPS Chip Set Now Equipped with New Firmware V3.0

Atmel's GPS chip set is now equipped with the new ROM version 3.0, which
provides improved navigation accuracy and integrity, as well as higher
sensitivity. All new customers will receive the GPS chip set with the
new ROM version without additional cost; current customers using Atmel's
chip set with Flash memory will receive an update for free...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/76424/793725

-------------------------------------
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------

1) PC2500 Ultracapacitors
2) RF2484 Direct Quadrature Modulator
3) RF Switches

---------------------------------------

1) PC2500 Ultracapacitors

The PC2500 from Maxwell Technology is a 2700 farad ultracapacitor that
caches 8400 Joules of energy at a nominal voltage of 2.5V. Measuring 161
x 62 x 61.5 mm, the device is ideal for applications requiring pulse
power, high cycle reliability, and/or low maintenance. Downloadable
product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/76425/793725

2) RF2484 Direct Quadrature Modulator

The RF2484 from RF Micro Devices is a high-performance modulator that
supports the world's major wireless standards -- CDMA, WCDMA, TDMA, GSM
and EDGE. This modulator enables base station and handset manufacturers
to capitalize on the numerous benefits of direct modulation over
dual-conversion transmit architectures. Downloadable product datasheet
and selection guide are available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/76426/793725

3) RF Switches

JFW Industries offers over 750 different models, including solid-state
1P2T to 1P22T configurations, 50 or 75 ohm impedance, high power
switching, and 2P2T transfer switches. While JFW Specializes in PIN
diode, solid state switching, a complete line of electro-mechanical
coaxial switches is also available. Downloadable product datasheets,
catalog, and design guide are available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/76427/793725

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/