Subject: [NEXTEL-1] AAPC releases two-way roaming protocol

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:36:13 -0000

AAPC releases two-way roaming protocol

IWCE/MRT, Mar 25 2004

LAS VEGAS--The American Association of Paging Carriers
announced the release of Roaming eXchange Protocol RXP 2.0, an
open, second-generation roaming protocol that bridges two-way
paging networks and allows seamless subscriber roaming, the AAPC
said. Designed to work with Motorola's ReFLEX two-paging and
wireless data protocol, RXP enables mobile units to recognize a
"preferred network" when there are multiple networks covering the
same geographic area. The result is that pagers on dedicated
networks will be able to roam onto a commercial carrier network
when they leave local coverage. Visit www.pagingcarriers.org/rxp
for more information.

http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_aapc_releases_twoway/index.htm

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/