Subject: [Mobopts] New I-Ds: Credit-Based Authorization

From: "Christian Vogt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 09:57:44 +0200

Hi MIP6 and MOBOPTS folks,

first ideas of a credit-based authorization scheme for Mobile IPv6 Early Binding Updates were presented in the MOBOPTS session at the 59th IETF meeting in Seoul. These ideas have in the meantime been elaborated upon with the objective to reduce binding-update latency and signaling overhead. 

Two new Internet-Drafts are available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories (see below).

We recognize that the proposed optimizations may be of interest for the MIP6 and the MOBOPTS folks, and we would appreciate feedback from people from both communities. In an attempt to avoid cross-postings, we suggest using the MOBOPTS mailing list as a discussion forum.

Best regards,

- Christian (Vogt)

+++

Title....: Credit-Based Authorization
           for Mobile IPv6 Early Binding Updates
Author(s): C. Vogt, et al.
Filename.: draft-vogt-mipv6-credit-based-authorization-00.txt
Pages....: 43
Date.....: 2004-5-21

   The latency associated with Mobile IPv6's Return Routability test
   can have an adverse impact on delay-sensitive applications.  Early
   Binding Updates mitigate this issue by already using a new care-of
   address in parallel with testing it.  We propose and analyze a
   credit-based mechanism that prevents misuse of Early Binding Updates
   for amplified flooding attacks and discourages such misuse for
   non-amplified flooding attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vogt-mipv6-credit-based-authorization-00.txt

+++

Title....: Credit-Based Authorization for Binding Lifetime Extension
Author(s): J. Arkko, C. Vogt
Filename.: draft-arkko-mipv6-binding-lifetime-extension-00.txt
Pages....: 14
Date.....: 2004-5-21

   Mobile IPv6 return routability mechanisms require home and care-of
   address keygen tokens to be used to authorize a binding update to
   correspondent nodes. The current rules dictate that such
   authorization be performed every seven minutes, using tokens at most
   three and half minutes old. This requirement results in an average
   signaling traffic of around 7 bits per second when the hosts are not
   moving around. This traffic load by itself is neglible, but can be
   problematic for hosts in standby mode. We present a secure and
   lightweight extension of return routability that can reduce this
   signaling load to around 0.1 bits per second, and require hosts to
   wake up much less frequently.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mipv6-binding-lifetime-extension-00.txt

+++
2†è¦Û&j)bž	b²Ó(nŠm²*í~Šà†Ûi³ÿðÃ
bz×è®æj)fjåŠËbú?š†è¦Û