Subject: [Mobopts] New Internet Draft on IP location update for Network Controlled Mobility Management

From: "NJEDJOU Eric RD-RESA-REN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:02:22 +0200

Hi all,

Here is an ID recently submitted and that describes the problem of
having Mobile IP perform the IP location update instead of achieving
that function as part of the Network Controlled inter-system Mobility
Management procedures.

Abstract:

Mobile IP is good at addressing IP session continuity (hide of the IP
address change from transport layer perspective, as well as from the
correspondent perspective) but certainly not optimal for mobility
management as would perform 3GPP systems providers that want to extend
their services to IP access systems. This document only describes the
problem and is not meant to provide any solution nor requirement
thereof.

The draft can be found at the following location
http://perso.rd.francetelecom.fr/njedjou/draft-njedjou-mobopts-iplocup-n
etcomm-problem-00.txt

Eric Njedjou

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts