Subject: [Mobopts] New ID: Link Characteristic Information for IP Mobility Problem Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:02:30 +0200

Hi All,

Based on the discussions and the feedback in Paris IRTF Mobopts meeting
we submitted
a problem statement draft on Link Characteristic Information for IP
Mobility. The
draft should soon be available in I-D directory but meanwhile you can
download it
from the following URL:

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/jikorhon/draft-korhonen-mobopts-link-charact
eristics-ps-00.txt

Abstract

   This document discusses the problems related to the link
   characteristic information delivery from the mobile node to other
   relevant network nodes.  The purpose of this document is to set the
   scope and goals for possible future work on generic link
   characteristic information delivery for optimizing IP mobility
   performance.

We would appreciate your comments and suggestions on the draft.

Cheers,
	Jouni

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:22:56 -0700

Jouni,

This discussion has moved to MIPSHOP.

            jak

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:02 AM
Subject: [Mobopts] New ID: Link Characteristic Information for IP 
MobilityProblem Statement

Hi All,

Abstract

Cheers,
Jouni

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:21:33 -0700

Hi Jim,

I realize there is related discussion in MIPSHOP especially surrounding 
802.21 and such. As a follow up to Paris meeting discussion in the RG, 
where solutions involving MIP signaling for link characteristics 
notification were presented, we are going to discuss this at Vancouver. 
  The intention is to understand the architectural implications.

Regards,

-Rajeev

James Kempf wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>