Subject: [Mobopts] Change Log for draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-03.txt

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:20:41 +0200

Hi folks,

two updates have recently been made to the Route Optimization 
Enhancements document, which now has version 03.  Here is a list of the 
major changes that we made:

(1) FMIPv6, HMIPv6, delegation, and processing improvements have been 
removed from the document according to rough consensus of the RG, as 
those optimizations are rather unrelated to route optimization.

(2) "Future Research" is now a stand-alone section.  It used to be part 
of the "Analysis".

(3) Section "Mobility-Related Security Threats" now defines the various 
attack types in a shorter, more concise manner.  It refers to 
draft-ietf-mip6-ro-sec-03.txt for further information.

(4) Section "Registration Procedure" has been compressed and refers to 
RFC 3775 for the details.

(5) Section "Goals and Assumptions" has been cut out.  We rewrote the 
considerations on PKIs in form of "A Note on Public Key Infrastructures" 
within the "Introduction".  The purpose of this note is to clarify the 
position that the document takes on this topic, similar to that of the 
existing "Note on Source Address Filtering".

(6) We rewrote section "Introduction".  It, too, is shorter now, modulo 
the new sub-section on PKIs mentioned above.

(7) The existing "Abstract" was replaced with a single-sentence one.

The new document version will appear shortly on the IETF I-D repository. 
  It is already available at

http://doc.tm.uka.de/2005/draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-03.txt

Kind regards,
- Christian

-- 
Christian Vogt, Institute of Telematics, University of Karlsruhe
www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/pubkey/

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts