Subject: [Mobopts] Meeting in Dallas

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:19:09 -0800

Folks,

we are meeting for two hours in Dallas.

We will go over the new Research Track RFC process.
We should also have good discussion on current and
new topics.

Please indicate your interest to present with:

1. Title
2. Document URL
3. Time for presentation

Thanks,

-Rajeev

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:49:12 +0100

Hi Rajeev,

I'd like to present the new versions of the EBU and CBA specifications:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-ebu-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt

Presentation title:  "Early Binding Updates for Mobile IPv6 and
Credit-Based Authorization -- A Status Update"

Presentation time:  10 minutes

The main part of draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-ebu-00.txt is a listing of
diff's that one needs to apply to RFC3775 in order to arrive at a Mobile
IPv6 variant that supports Early Binding Updates.  (The draft thus
resembles the style of draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-07.txt.)

The EBU specification was also conceptually revised in that no new MH
types are necessary for "early Binding Update" and "early Binding
Acknowledgment" messages.

The new CBA specification, draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt, is
limited to the simple mode, where a mobile node gets credit for packets
that it sends.  This limitation of scope makes the draft quite concise.

Furthermore, both of the above drafts should be ready to enter the
publication process.

- Christian

-- 
Christian Vogt, Institute of Telematics, Universitaet Karlsruhe (TH)
www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/pubkey/