Subject: [Mobopts] Call for Papers: MobiArch 2006: Mobility in the Evolving Internet Architecture

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:43:53 -0400

Dear colleagues,

Please find below the CFP (the 1st MobiArch'06 workshop) as discussed in 
the HIP & MOBOPTS RG sessions. Your contribution and participation are 
very appreciated.

Best regards,
Xiaoming Fu

--------------------------------------------------------------------
            The First IEEE International Workshop on
    Mobility in the Evolving Internet Architecture (MobiArch 2006)
             held as part of IEEE GLOBECOM 2006,
          San Francisco, CA, USA, November 27 - December 1, 2006
         http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/
--------------------------------------------------------------------

E-mail contact : [email-masked]

CFP in printable pdf format can be downloaded in
http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/Cfp_MobiArch06.pdf

Scope:
=====
With the recent development of technologies in wireless access and
mobile devices, terminal and network mobility have become an
indispensable component of today's Internet vision, and this is likely
to continue in the near future, while affecting the way of the whole
Internet architecture design. Yet, issues like efficient mobility
management and optimizations, locator-identifier split, multi-homing,
security and related operational/deployment concerns are still in their
early stages of development. Moreover, the Internet architecture, its
end-to-end principles and business models will require rethinking due to
the massive penetration of mobility into the Internet.

The MobiArch'06 workshop solicits papers, both from researchers and
practitioners, dealing with architectures, protocols, and experiences
with emerging technologies on mobility support in the Internet, with an
emphasis on new mobility protocols, mobility and location management,
mobile network performance, multi-homing, security, architectural
impacts and deployment considerations.

The workshop will include presentations and discussions of accepted
technical papers, as well as invited talks and panel sessions.

Topics of Interest:
==================
Original contributions are solicited in all aspects of architectural
issues and system support for mobility in the Internet, including but
not limited to:
- Mobility impact on the Internet architecture
- Architectures and protocols for mobility support in the Internet,
ranging from approaches in link layer, network, transport to
session/application layers and cross-layer design
- Locator/identifier split, multihoming and load sharing issues
- Security and privacy issues in mobility networks and impacts to
Internet architecture
- QoS and middlebox issues in mobility networks and impacts to Internet
architecture
- Economic and deployment issues of mobility infrastructure designs

Submissions:
===========
Submissions should be made to MobiArch'06 EDAS entry:
http://edas.info/4920, following the guidelines in MobiArch'06 webpage:
http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/

Important Dates:
===============
Submission Deadline: Monday, July 24, 2006
Acceptance Notification: August 31, 2006
Camera-ready version due: September 27, 2006
Workshop: One-day in GLOBECOM 2006 (to be announced)
GLOBECOM Main Conference: November 27-December 1, 2006

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: "Henrik Petander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:08:24 +1000

Hello,

I am considering submitting some results for this workshop. It would
be good if the DL could be extended by two weeks, since I only heard
about it in the mobopts meeting.

Regards,
Henrik Petander

---

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:02:43 +0200

Hi Henrik, all,

Yes the extension for 2 weeks is okay, please find the updated 
information in  http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/
Also note the date for MobiArch'06 is now decided - Friday, December 1, 
2006.

We would be looking forward to your contributions. If there are any 
questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks and best regards,
Xiaoming

Henrik Petander wrote:
> Hipsec-rg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://listserv.cybertrust.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec-rg