Subject: [Mobopts] RG Pulse Check

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:53:21 -0800

Hello Folks,

I am assessing our current focus and where we are with an eye towards what
we would like to do in the near future.

Current RG docs:

1) Mobile IPv6 Route Optimization Taxonomy and Analysis: Now RFC 4651!
Indeed, the first "IRTF" RFC. Congratulations again to everyone. Done.

2) L2 abstractions for L3 Handovers: Finished the RG last call, received
comments, and is being revised. Expected to progress to the next step soon.

3) MIP6 Location Privacy Solutions: Has gone through few revisions. Need to
verify what else needs to be done. In particular, this document should
address the problem statement document in MIP6 WG, which is expected to
progress through the IESG soon.

Other works in the pipeline:

4) Multicast and Mobility Problem Statement: We have got some good reviews
and comments. I would like to see this document become an RG document;
however, I would like to hear from folks about their opinions.

5) Policy and Mobility work: This is still in its early stages. I would like
to discuss how to proceed on this important topic.

The documents which we have "graduated" to other WGs:

1) Network-Initiated Handovers Problem Statement: to MIPSHOP

2) SEND-based Handover key derivation: to MIPSHOP

3) AAA-based key derivation for handover: to MIPSHOP, possibly

4) Pre-Authentication (or parts of that work): to HOKEY (?)

So, we have done quite well.

In the near-term, I think the following would be interesting to the RG.

1) Architecture, protocols and experimental results related to IEEE 802.21.
This would be a natural continuation of our L2 Abstractions for Handovers
work. As before, we do not engage in standards work but encourage and
evaluate analysis and experimental work which we can publish.

2) Mobility and Cross-layer design. This would consider a holistic approach
to design and performance of protocols under mobility.

What do folks think? What would you like to see MobOpts work on?

Thanks,

-Rajeev

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: Telemaco Melia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:58:12 +0100

Hi Rajeev,

We just posted an ID we intend to present during next meeting to 
hopefully stimulate discussions.
Comments are welcome.

regards,
telemaco