Subject: Re: [Mobopts] [IRSG] Need one more vote

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:58:04 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Andrei. 

Authors will appreciate your input.

-Rajeev

On Jul 29, 2009, at 4:32 PM, Andrei Gurtov <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi,

I've reviewed the document and vote "ready to publish"

I don't have substatial comments because the draft is well written and
organized. Just a nit in Sec 6 "as can be achieved" -> "and can be
achieved"?. There is some formatting glitch in Sec 3 and 7 titles.
It's a bit strange to have just one subsection in Sec 1 and have
References numbered as Sec 9 after an appendix.

I think the paper below is relevant and should be referenced in
background and/or security sections.

Host Identity Specific Multicast
Kovacshazi, Z.; Vida, R.
Networking and Services, 2007. ICNS. Third International Conference on
Volume , Issue , 19-25 June 2007 Page(s):1 - 1
Digital Object Identifier   10.1109/ICNS.2007.66
Summary:Multicasting is a key technology for both users and service
providers as it enables important bandwidth savings, and thus lower
costs, for content distribution and group communication. The current
network level multicast solutions have several weaknesses. These issues
are partly related to a problem embedded in the use of the IP addresses
themselves. Currently an IP address is both an identifier of who I am
and where I am. The host identity concept tries to solve this problem by
introducing a new, unique identifier, the Host Identity Tag. This
concept was used, up until now, mainly for unicast communications. In
this paper we propose thus the host identity specific multicast (HISM)
model; we present the architectural elements of the model, and show how
it handles access control, mobility, and how it provides native network
layer multicast support in mixed, IPv4-IPv6 environments.

BR
Andrei

Aaron Falk wrote:
IRSG-

Our process says we need two 'ready to publish' votes to progress the
document.  Can someone please take the time to give this document a
read-through? 

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-07.

--aaron

Rajeev Koodli wrote:

Hi Aaron,

This is a request to publish the Mobopts RG document
draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-07 as an Informational
RFC.

The draft has undergone several revisions within the RG.
The latest version of the draft (rev 07) includes the changes
and edits that were suggested as part of the the IRSG Review by Craig
Partridge.
The IRSG Review was done on Rev 06 of the I-D.

There was one vote for "Ready to Publish" and one vote for "No
Objection" during the IRSG Poll. (I sought additional votes multiple
times, but now it is time to progress the document)

During the development of this document in the mobopts RG, several
people have thoroughly reviewed the document and the changes have been
incorporated.

The draft revisions, reviews etc are captured at:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/ticket/26

Thanks,

-Rajeev

_______________________________________________
IRSG mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.isi.edu/mailman/listinfo/irsg

- --
Andrei Gurtov  [email-masked]  http://www.hiit.fi/~gurtov
Principal Scientist, PhD
Adjunct Professor
Helsinki Institute for Information Technology (HIIT)
TKK, Finland
_______________________________________________
IRSG mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.isi.edu/mailman/listinfo/irsg

---

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:02:48 +0200

Dear Andrei,

many thanks! We will fix the formatting and thanks for the paper 
pointer. We'll add at the appropriate position.

Best regards,

Thomas

Rajeev Koodli wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
> 
> iEYEARECAAYFAkpwXZkACgkQP7jp0uceFkSpAQCggmDgrrlcfr78tRkWtqx55QmK
> u3oAn0E/fWgtjWx71uSphCAtKqvXzHHh
> =3gqv
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Mobopts mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

-- 

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °
° Dept. Informatik, Internet Technologies Group    20099 Hamburg, Germany °
° http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet                   Fon: +49-40-42875-8452 °
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt    Fax: +49-40-42875-8409 °