Subject: [Mobopts] CfP: PerGroup@GC10 - Workshop on Pervasive Group Communication (IEEE PerGroup)

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 14:12:23 +0100

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP]

                         CALL FOR PAPERS

   ** 1st Workshop on Pervasive Group Communication (IEEE PerGroup) **

                 URL: http://pergroup.realmv6.org

                 Miami, FL, USA, December 6, 2010,

             held in conjunction with IEEE GLOBECOM 2010,

             and co-sponsored by IEEE HCCTC sub-committee,
             G-Lab, and The unbelievable Machine Company

Group communications have passed from research to deployment and back to
a research issue. Newly deployed services, in particular IPTV, P2P
content distribution, and collaborative applications, are stimulating
current research on multicast, broadcast, concast, and anycast. Emerging
design issues for a future multi-service Internet combined with the
dynamic development of wireless access techonologies challenge the
community to rethink the position of group communications along the
stack.

The PerGroup workshop invites the community to share efforts in search
of seamless, pervasive group services, and to discuss directions on a
human-centric multi-service Inter-networking architecture. We welcome
contributions that design new solutions or analyze existing deployments,
but also those that present striking problem statements or early
conceptual work.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

System Design & Methodology:
   - Architectures and protocols for fixed, wireless and ad hoc networks
   - Protocols and interfaces for intuitive group communications
   - Intra- and Inter-domain group communication
   - Native, overlay (including P2P) and hybrid multicast
   - Topology analysis & measuring, mining and modeling of
   - media-rich social networks
   - Measurement, simulation and analytical studies as well as deployment
     experiences

Supporting Technologies:
   - Multipath routing / extension of emerging routing schemes
   - Cooperative relaying and network coding
   - Service placement and service location
   - Security and privacy issues for multicast, anycast, and broadcast
   - Real-time and QoS aspects

Applications:
   - Adaptive content distribution, e.g., video broadcasting
   - Application-layer traffic optimization and provider interaction
   - Multicast & anycast in a future multi-service Internet
   - New data distribution models to facilitate group communication
   - Frameworks for human centric based group communications

---------------
IMPORTANT DATES
---------------
Full paper: June 25, 2010
Notification: August 12, 2010
Final version: August 31, 2010

----------------------
ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE
----------------------
Workshop Co-Chairs:

- Thomas C. Schmidt, HAW Hamburg, Germany
- Matthias Wählisch, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Georg Wittenburg, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany

Program Committee:

- Kevin C. Almeroth, UC Santa Barbara, USA
- Emmanuel Baccelli, INRIA, France
- Rick Boivie, IBM Watson Research Center, USA
- Torsten Braun, University of Bern, Switzerland
- John Buford, Avaya Labs Research, USA
- Ran Canetti, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge, UK
- Marshall Eubanks, AmericaFree.TV, USA
- Gorry Fairhurst, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Xiaoming Fu, University of Goettingen, Germany
- Xing Jin, UST Hong Kong, China
- Nenad Medvidovi, U. of Southern California, USA
- Imed Romdhani, Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- Thomas C. Schmidt, HAW Hamburg, Germany
- Piet Van Mieghem, TU Delft, Netherlands
- Stig Venaas, Cisco Systems, USA
- Matthias Wählisch, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Jörg Widmer, DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Germany
- Georg Wittenburg, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Heather Yu, Huawei, USA
- Thomas Zahn, Nokia, Germany
- Martina Zitterbart, University of Karlsruhe, Germany

---------------------
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
---------------------
Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to five double-column,
IEEE conference-style pages. One additional page will be allowed with
additional publication fee. All submitted papers will be carefully
evaluated by at least three reviewers based on originality,
significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression. Accepted
papers will appear in the IEEE GLOBECOM proceedings and will be included
in IEEE digital library.

At least one of the authors of accepted papers must attend the workshop
to present the paper. An accepted paper must be registered before the
registration deadline. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from
distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if
the paper is not presented at the workshop. In case of double
submissions or (self-)plagiarism, the paper will be excluded from the
technical program.

Further information: http://pergroup.realmv6.org/submission.html

-------
CONTACT
-------
For further information regarding PerGroup 2010 and paper submission,
please contact [email-masked].

-- 

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °
° Dept. Informatik, Internet Technologies Group    20099 Hamburg, Germany °
° http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet                   Fon: +49-40-42875-8452 °
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt    Fax: +49-40-42875-8409 °