Subject: RE: [Monami6] Do we need to update the Monami6 charter ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:23:27 +0300

> > Yes, but when the MN/MR has multiple interfaces (with the result of
> > having multiple CoA and possibly HoAs).
> >
> 
> agree that this happens when there are multiple interfaces, but my 
> point is that it may also happen when there are multiple address and a 
> single interface, and that policing may be useful in that situation 
> also

I agree with Marcelo that this is something that we need to consider.

John

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 16:44:21 +0900

> > > Yes, but when the MN/MR has multiple interfaces (with the result
> > > of having multiple CoA and possibly HoAs).
> > >
> > 
> > point is that it may also happen when there are multiple address and
> > a single interface, and that policing may be useful in that
> > situation also
> 

We all agree it is needed, but let's be clearer:

1. I would like Marcelo to illustrate this through a scenario. (for
instance, you may pick up one illustrated in
draft-ernst-generic-goals-and-benefits.

2. is this something we want to consider in a Monami6 WG

Thierry