Subject: [Monami6] Returning Home in MCoA draft

From: Keigo Aso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:28:50 +0900

Hi Ryuji and all,

Thank you for your comments at Dallas.
I would like to start subsequent discussion about returning home issue
on ML. What we wanted to mention in our presentation is the need of
creating CoA in home network. This enables HA to switch forwarding
destination even if MN is connected to home.

According to current MCoA draft, there are two options which MN could
select. The first situation is "a mobile node wants to return home",
which basically means "a mobile node wants to use the home attached
interface". The second situation is "a mobile node does not want to
return home", which basically means "a mobile node wants to use 
the foreign attached interface". 
About these options, I think MCoA draft should include another option 
as the third situation, which is "a mobile node wants to use both
interfaces".
This option is useful for enabling HA to do flow control.
Moreover, MCoA draft said that "The decision whether a mobile node
returns home or not is up to implementors.". 
This could be applied to also the third situation.
What do you think on this ?

Regards,
Keigo

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6