Subject: [Monami6] Accept draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa-05.txt as Monami6 WG document

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 23:50:40 +0900

Dear all,

Since draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa has now been updated, I would
like to invite everyone on the list to read and check if the
modifications requested before/during the last meeting in Vancouver
have been performed as suggested by Ruyji during that meeting. If so,
the draft should qualify for the 3rd Monami6 WG deliverable i.e.:

- A protocol extension to Mobile IPv6 (RFC 3775) and NEMO Basic
Support (RFC 3963) to support the registration of multiple Care-of
Addresses at a given Home Agent address [Standard Track].

Any comment on accepting the draft as WG document ? 

Cheers,
Thierry.

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa-05.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multiple Care-of Addresses Registration
	Author(s)	: R. Wakikawa, et al.
	Filename	: draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa-05.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2006-3-7
	
According to the current Mobile IPv6 specification, a mobile node may
have several Care-of Addresses, but only one, termed the primary
Care-of Address, can be registered with its home agent and the
correspondent nodes.  However, for matters of cost, bandwidth, delay,
etc, it is useful for the mobile node to get Internet access through
multiple access media simultaneously, in which case multiple active
IPv6 Care-of Addresses would be assigned to the mobile node.  We thus
propose Mobile IPv6 extensions designed to register multiple Care-of
Addresses bound to a single Home Address instead of the sole primary
Care-of Address.  For doing so, a new identification number must be
carried in each binding for the receiver to distinguish between the
bindings corresponding to the same Home Address.  Those extensions
are targeted to NEMO (Network Mobility) Basic Support as well as to
Mobile IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa-05.txt
_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6

---

From: "Vijay Devarapallli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:59:06 -0800

> Any comment on accepting the draft as WG document ?

I support it. just needs a little bit of text on using
IPsec and IKEv2 with multiple CoAs. I was going
to provide some text to Ryuji.

Vijay

---

From: Martti Kuparinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:53:12 +0200

Hello list,

I'm new here so excuse me if this is already known/reported but chapter 4.3.1
has a small typo: the reserved field is 7 bits wide (instead of 15 bits)
according to the image.

Martti

---

From: Keigo Aso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:34:08 +0900

Hello,

I have read this draft. AFAIK, it seems to contain requested
modifications. However, this draft does not fulfill the requirement of 
simultaneously location at home and foreign. That is described in 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aso-monami6-multiple-forwarding-00.txt .
I think there should be enough discussion on it
before determining the adoption to WG document.

Regards,
Keigo

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:50:40 +0900

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:17:12 +0900

Hi Martti

I did not notice this typo..
Thanks for info.

ryuji

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:34:27 +0900

I remembered we've discussed this on ML.
The point is that this requirement is not reached to consensus.
We should carefully examine pros and cons before addressing the  
requirement.
Once the draft becomes WG item, we can discuss this.

One of concern of your scenario is that HA can not run Proxy ND for  
MN's HoA when MN returns home.
If HA does, DAD will be failed since MN configures HoA on its  
interface attached to the home link.
Without proxy ND, HA cannot intercept any packets meant for MN's HoA
(i.e. HA cannot forward any packets to the bi-directional tunnel).

ryuji

---

From: "Vijay Devarapallli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:35:56 -0800

hi Thierry,

I guess this is actually a consensus call to adopt
draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa as a working
group document.

I will try get a sense of the room today on this
question and get back to you.

Vijay