Subject: [Monami6] Fw: [Mip6] NDP operation on virtual home link

From: Keigo Aso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:19:58 +0900

Hi all,

The list has been a little quiet. One topic for reactivate;)
Let me forward one email to Monami6 ML.

As explained by Ryuji in his presentation at IETF68 in Prague, 
returning home issue is unresolved yet in MCoA draft. 

draft-wakikawa-mip6-no-ndp-00.txt's Section 7
(http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-wakikawa-mip6-no-ndp-00.txt) is providing 
very practical method for this issue. Actually the method is to introduce
Home Binding for utilizing both interfaces attached to home and foreign 
links without modification for normal HA's operation on proxy Neighbor
Discovery Protocol(proxy NDP).

As you know, this issue is came from proxy NDP by HA because address 
duplication is occurred between MN and HA to intercept packets to MN's HoA 
when MN wants to utilize both interfaces attached to home and foreign.

So, if there is a method for solving this issue with keeping normal HA's 
operation of not performing proxy NDP when MN returns home, that will be 
very useful for MCoA draft because it seems not to need consideration
of influence on definition of RFC3775. draft-wakikawa-mip6-no-ndp-00.txt 
will deserve it in my opinion.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

Regards,
Keigo

Forwarded by Keigo Aso <[email-masked]>
----------------------- Original Message -----------------------
 From:    RYUJI WAKIKAWA <[email-masked]>
 To:      [email-masked],
          [email-masked]
 Date:    Sat, 10 Mar 2007 23:07:09 +0900
 Subject: [Mip6] NDP operation on virtual home link
----

Hello all,

We recently publish draft-wakikawa-mip6-no-ndp-00.txt.
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-wakikawa-mip6-no-ndp-00.txt

Abstract
    This document summarizes operations of home agent without using the
    proxy NDP.  The Proxy NDP is mainly used to intercept packets by a
    Home Agent on Mobile IPv6 and NEMO.

We intend to submit this document as an informational doc.

regards,
ryuji

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6
--------------------- Original Message Ends --------------------

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6