Subject: Re: MEXT charter [was Re: [Monami6] consensus call on draft-soliman-monami6-flow-binding-04.txt]

From: Chan-Wah Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:38:01 +0800

Hello Bechet,

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 08:28 -0700, Behcet Sarikaya wrote:
> Hi all,
>   Have the people in this ML paid attention to a recent discussion in
> netlmm on the problems related to multihomed MNs and point to point
> links? My feeling is that in monami6 the fundamental assumption is
> shared link. However this may not be true even if MN attaches to the
> links that are traditionally shared because HA has to assign per MN
> prefix to MN and also all cellular links are point to point.
>   Any thoughts?
> 

I don't think Monami6 has the fundamental assumption of shared link.  I
think Monami6 made no assumption whether is it shared link or dedicated
ppp link (that may lead to the perceived, and mistaken, if I may add,
assumption of shared link, since there are a lot more issues one has to
consider for shared link when one is designing a protocol to work for
both shared and point-to-point links).

/rgds
/cwng

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6