Subject: [Monami6] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-00.txt

From: "Benjamin Lim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:20:23 +0800

Hi,

I have submitted a draft (see below forwarded message) describing in more
detail on the issue of a mobile node binding 'fake' CoAs at a home agent
that was highlighted on the Monami6 mailing list
(http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/monami6/current/msg01123.html). This
draft also briefly analyzes on some solution approaches (e.g. CBA,
RR-cookie)  that can be taken to help mitigate the issue. Appreciate any
comments/suggestions.

Regards,
Benjamin Lim

P.S: As I am unsure when Monami6 ML is going to collapse into MEXT (if
ever), I apologize for those with both subscription on getting this post
twice. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 12:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Verification of Care-of Addresses in Multiple
Bindings Registration
	Author(s)	: B. Lim, et al.
	Filename	: draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-11-15
	
   Using multiple care-of address registration, there is a possibility
   that a malicious mobile node could create multiple care-of address
   bindings that does not belong to the mobile node at its home agent.
   The home agent would accept these bindings without verifying them due
   to the trust relationship it has with the mobile node.  With these
   bindings, the mobile node can launch attacks by asking the home agent
   to flood the victims of these care-of addresses with useless packets.
   To mitigate such a problem, this memo introduces a verification
   mechanism that the home agent would use in order to verify the
   care-of addresses for the mobile node before using them for packet
   routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-00.tx
t

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-00.txt
_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6

---

From: "Benjamin Lim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:20:23 +0800

Hi,

Regards,
Benjamin Lim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 12:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-00.txt 

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext