Subject: [MEXT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:15:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 support for dual stack Hosts and Routers (DSMIPv6)
	Author(s)	: H. Soliman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2008-1-23

   The current Mobile IPv6 and NEMO specifications support IPv6 only.
   This specification extends those standards to allow the registration
   of IPv4 addresses and prefixes, respectively, and the transport of
   both IPv4 and IPv6 packets over the tunnel to the HA. This
   specification also allows the Mobile Node to roam over both IPv6 and
   IPv4, including the case where Network Address Translation is present
   on the path between the mobile node and its home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 07:53:54 -0500

Hi Hesham, et al,

Here are my comments. I have some other more subjective editorial  
comments
which I'll send offline.

    - General - Consistent capitalization of home agent. Use "Home  
Agent"
       or "home agent" throughout. If "home agent" is chosen, the other
       form may be still used in cases where you are refering to a  
specific
       packet or field.

     - General - Consistent use of either "0.0.0.0" or the
       "IPv4 unspecified address".

     - Abstract - Suggest replacing HA with "home agent". The acronym  
is expanded
       out in the next line and the abstract should include a minimum  
of acronyms.

     - Page 5, 7th paragraph - Remove "in a secure manner" since this  
is needed
       simply to communicate. I'd also suggest replacing "such  
device" with
       "the device".

     - Page 8, 1st paragraph - It says "If this option is not  
including..." yet
       it said previously that the option "MUST" be included.  
Perhaps, the "MUST"
       should have been a "MAY".

     - Page 9, second paragraph - Replace "to the IPv4 care-of  
address." with
       "in an IPv4 header specifying the IPv4 care-of address as the  
destination."

     - Page 10, last figure - Replace "Pref" with "Prefix-Len" to  
since "Pref" is  normally
       short for "preference". Same comment on page 11.

     - Page 11, IPv4 home address - It says "should be defended by  
the home agent". This
       terminology is usually associated for IPv6 Duplicate Address  
Detection. What
       does it mean for IPv4?

     - Page 13, Pref - Replace "Pref" with "Prefix-Len" to avoid  
confusion with
       "preference". Also, allocate this field needs to be 6 bits  
rather than 5.

     - Page 14, Refresh Time - Replace "the all 1s" with  
"0xffffffff". Since this isn't
       an IP address "the All Ones Address" isn't appropriate.

     - Page 17, 2nd paragraph - I think NAT detection is wrong here.  
Replace
       "IPv4 address in the source address of the IPv6 header" with  
"IPv4 address
       of the IPv4 CoA Option described in section 3.1.2." This is  
correct in
       section 4.5.

     - Page 18, Penultimate paragraph - Replace "the all 1s" with  
"0xffffffff".
       Since this isn't  an IP address "the All Ones Address" isn't  
appropriate.

     - Page 20, 4th bullet - It says "mobile node MAY include the  
IPv4 home...". Yet in
       section 2.3.1 on the top of page 8, it says "therefore SHOULD  
NOT include the
       option...".

     - Page 21, 2nd paragraph - [DNAv4] is not included in the  
references.

     - Page 23, 1st paragraph - I hate to say it, but should this  
cover the forced
       encapsulation case?

     - Page 26, IANA Assignments - Should there be a new registry for  
TLV-Header
       encapsulations types?

     - Page 27, TUNSEC reference - Replace "UPD" with "UDP".

Thanks,
Acee