Subject: [MEXT] FW: I-D Action:draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.txt

From: "Benjamin Lim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:37:40 +0800

Hi,

We have submitted an updated draft regarding the binding of 'fake' CoA at
HA. 

In this update, the changes are:
- Reference latest MCoA draft that specify the problem.
- Added two more solutions (limiting care-of address binding at HA and CoA
test using 'symbiotic' relationship) for analysis.

Appreciate comments.

Regards,
Benjamin Lim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 5:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Verification of Care-of Addresses in Multiple
Bindings Registration
	Author(s)       : B. Lim, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-02-22

Using multiple care-of address registration, there is a possibility that a
malicious mobile node could create multiple care-of address bindings that
does not belong to the mobile node at its home agent.
The home agent would accept these bindings without verifying them due to the
trust relationship it has with the mobile node.  With these bindings, the
mobile node can launch attacks by asking the home agent to flood the victims
of these care-of addresses with useless packets.
To mitigate such a problem, this memo introduces a verification mechanism
that the home agent would use in order to verify the care-of addresses for
the mobile node before using them for packet routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.tx
t

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type
"cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-01.txt
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext