Subject: [MEXT] Some comments on DSMIPv6-07

From: "Desire Oulai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 16:00:22 -0500

Hi Hesham,

	In the text, it is said in section 5.1:
	" The following value is assigned to the Type field, other
values may
	   be assigned in the future:

	      1 GRE [RFC2784]
	 "
	In the text before, it is said  that you can use just 0 and 1
for the type field. Does this mean we can just add one more value? Why
not set the GRE value to 0 rather than 1? 

	Also, still in section 5.1 :

	"
	    0                   1                   2
3
	    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
0 1
	
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
	   | Type  |    Length                     |        Reserved
|
	
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

	                        Figure 7: TLV-header format

	   Type

	      This field indicates the type of the payload following
this
	      header.

	   Length

	      This field indicates the length of the payload following
the
	      header, excluding the TLV-header itself.  The use of this
flag is
	      described in Section 5

	"
	  the sentence "The use of this flag is described in Section 5"
should be removed as the length field is not a flag.

	BR

	Desire

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext