Subject: [Moq] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions-00.txt

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 21:12:21 -0500

Dear MOQ fans,

Some of you have noticed that I've been working on a draft for IANA
registration for the SDP parameters to allow applications that rely on SDP
Offer/Answer to use the QUIC protocol as an encapsulation. It turns out
that there are some things we need to talk about, before I can do that, so
I've put together a draft with the "known unknowns". The coordinates for
that draft are below.

I could reasonably have sent this email to MMUSIC, but that seemed
premature, since I'm still working to understand what the SDP for RTP over
QUIC needs to do.

I could reasonably have sent this email to AVTCORE, but that seemed
premature, since none of the drafts have been submitted to AVTCORE yet.

So, here we are. I covet your thoughts.

I'm happy to chat here, or in Github (see
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions-00.html#name-discussion-venues
for coordinates).

I've cc:ed the authors of RTP over QUIC drafts, so they can participate in
these discussions. If I've missed people who I should have included, please
let me (and them) know.

Best,

Spencer

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 8:50 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions-00.txt
To: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Spencer Dawkins and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions
Revision:       00
Title:          SDP Offer/Answer for RTP using QUIC as Transport - Design
Questions
Document date:  2021-09-30
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          12
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions-00.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dawkins-sdp-rtp-quic-questions

Abstract:
   This document is a companion document to "SDP Offer/Answer for RTP
   using QUIC as Transport".  That document focuses on the description
   and registration of SDP "proto" attribute parameters with IANA, to
   allow applications that rely on SDP Offer/Answer to negotiate the
   QUIC protocol as an encapsulation for RTP.

   In writing that document, it became obvious that decisions about an
   appropriate SDP description would depend on decisions about the way
   RTP would be encapsulated in QUIC, and different proposals for those
   encapsulations had made different assumptions.  Given that none of
   these proposals have been adopted by an IETF working group yet, it's
   not appropriate to try to base a general-purpose set of "QUIC/RTP"
   IANA registrations on any one of them, so this document includes the
   questions that have come up, and (as discussions progress) suggested
   answers for those questions.

The IETF Secretariat