Subject: [Moq] Can the IETF do more than one thing after the MOQ BOF?

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 11:48:38 +0100

Dear MOQ fans,

I'm not going to say this at the mike, but

   - There's a lot of interest in live distribution (good),
   - As James is saying now, live ingest is a thing, and distribution-only
   protocols are usually reused for ingest,
   - As Cullen was saying, you don't have to use the same protocols for
   ingest and distribution, but you do have to think about ingest and
   distribution in one pipeline,
   - This is a non-working group forming BOF, and there is no existing
   charter proposal that I know about ("change my mind"), so
   - We can, and I think we SHOULD, propose more than one charter at the
   same time, covering ingest, distribution, and (if we're thinking clearly)
   the live syndication use case.

Less critically at this time,

   - We have at least some of the security issues in QUIC, and we have at
   least some of the operational issues covered in
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-manageability/, but
   anything we know we'll need work now, we can start thinking about.

But perhaps other people have thoughts about this.

Best,

Spencer