Subject: Re: [MORG] SORTDISPLAY

From: Timo Sirainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 16:22:23 -0400

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 13:15 -0700, Dan Karp wrote:
> > > > 1. Add DISPLAYTO sort-key that works the same way as DISPLAYFROM
> > > > (using the first address). There was a rough consensus on this in
> > > > IETF 74.
> > > 
> > > Only question is what to do about RFC822 groups in the To: header.
> > 
> > I'd guess it's the same as with SORT=TO. Use the group name as the
> > sort string.
> 
> Does any client actually display that?  Because the whole idea of the
> "DISPLAY" sorts is that we're sorting on the strings that the clients
> actually display.  DISPLAYFROM is obvious, but DISPLAYTO isn't quite
> as clear.

I've no idea. Anyone else have opinions on what would be better, group
name or the first address inside the group? The most common group
nowadays seems to be "undisclosed-recipients: ;" where there is no first
address. I tested that at least Evolution shows group names.