Subject: [Mpls-interop] Almost final version of overview charts uploaded

From: "Malcolm Betts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:13:30 -0400

All I have just uploaded v17 of the overview chart deck*.
http://ties.itu.int/ftp/public/itu-t/ahtmpls/readandwrite/doc_exchange/o
verview/

This represents our view of the consensus of the JWT, we intend to
perform a final clean up and deliver it to the SG 15 management team on
Friday.

Changes from v16:
Added charts 9 & 10 on document dependencies and schedule.
Clarification of wording on charts 2-8

* I have uploaded a .zip file containing the .ppt version.  My FTP
application stops working after it has uploaded about 1.2Mbytes.  I will
contact TSB EDH and upload the normal .ppt and .pdf files when the
problem has been corrected.

Malcolm Betts
Dave Ward

Co chairs JWT
_______________________________________________
Mpls-interop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:04:16 +0200

Malcolm,

nit picking :)

Slide 19

Bullet 1 says: "Definition of MPLS-TP alert label (TAL)  and a generic
Associated Channel (GE ACH)"

Bullet 2 says: "Generic Channel Association (GE ACH) function supports
the FCAPS functions by carrying OAM, APS, ECC etc. packets across the
network"

Is "generic Associated Channel (GE ACH)" a name for the channel and
"Generic Channel Association (GE ACH)" a name for the function, if so
we'd cause confusion by using the same acronym.

If they are the same the name should be the dame.

/Loa

Malcolm Betts wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Jwt mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.testbed.se/mailman/listinfo/jwt

-- 
Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:  [email-masked]
                                            [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Mpls-interop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop

---

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:58:28 -0500

I've got both your and Tom Nadeau's nits for the final rev.

-DWard

---

From: "Italo Busi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:50:31 +0200

In attachment my comments on the executive summary part.
 
Convention:
- proposed rephrased text in red
- proposed added text in green
- question for clarification in the ppt comments
 
Thanks, Italo

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Malcolm Betts
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Mpls-interop] Almost final version of overview charts uploaded

<http://ties.itu.int/ftp/public/itu-t/ahtmpls/readandwrite/doc_exchange/overview
/>
http://ties.itu.int/ftp/public/itu-t/ahtmpls/readandwrite/doc_exchange/overview/

This represents our view of the consensus of the JWT, we intend to perform a
final clean up and deliver it to the SG 15 management team on Friday.

Changes from v16: 

* I have uploaded a .zip file containing the .ppt version.  My FTP application
stops working after it has uploaded about 1.2Mbytes.  I will contact TSB EDH and
upload the normal .ppt and .pdf files when the problem has been corrected.

Malcolm Betts 
Dave Ward 

Co chairs JWT

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:07:04 +0200

All,

the rephrased text in slide 4 is a no starter.

Option 1 clearly says that the t-mpls name should be dropped.

/Loa

-- 
Loa Andersson

---

From: "Malcolm Betts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:53:38 -0400

Italo, re your comments/changes.
 
I do not support your suggestion on slide 4, it implies that we would
develop two solutions in parallel and attempt to keep them aligned.  The
agreement in the JWT is to develop a single solution based on extensions
to IETF MPLS technology.
 
On slide 6 reword the second bullet to:
 To allow rapid development of the architectural foundation no
additional work on MPLS-TP will be taken on until the architectural
foundation RFCs have progressed into WG LC 
My assumption is that the definition of the ACH would include the
functions that you mentioned.  Please remember that this is a high level
initial view and will be fine tuned as we start the work.
 
On slide 9:
Your statement is correct, but I don't want to go to this level of
detail in this overview chart deck.
 
On slide 10:
Add last call for the transport profile architecture Q2/2009
The ACH RFCs should include the topics you mentioned.

Malcolm Betts 
Nortel Networks 
Phone: +1 613 763 7860 (ESN 393) 
email: [email-masked] 

Confidentiality Notice:  This message and any attachments may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If you have reason to
believe that you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible
for delivering this message to an intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have reason to believe that
you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for
delivering this message to an intended recipient, please contact the
sender immediately by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.

________________________________

	From: Italo Busi [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 5:51 AM
	To: Betts, Malcolm (CAR:X632); [email-masked]
	Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
	Subject: RE: [Mpls-interop] Almost final version of overview
charts uploaded

	Convention:
	 
	Thanks, Italo

________________________________

		From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Malcolm Betts
		Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:14 PM
		To: [email-masked]
		Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
		Subject: [Mpls-interop] Almost final version of overview
charts uploaded

		All I have just uploaded v17 of the overview chart
deck*. 
	
http://ties.itu.int/ftp/public/itu-t/ahtmpls/readandwrite/doc_exchange/o
verview/
<http://ties.itu.int/ftp/public/itu-t/ahtmpls/readandwrite/doc_exchange/
overview/>  

		This represents our view of the consensus of the JWT, we
intend to perform a final clean up and deliver it to the SG 15
management team on Friday.

		Changes from v16: 
		Added charts 9 & 10 on document dependencies and
schedule. 
		Clarification of wording on charts 2-8 

		* I have uploaded a .zip file containing the .ppt
version.  My FTP application stops working after it has uploaded about
1.2Mbytes.  I will contact TSB EDH and upload the normal .ppt and .pdf
files when the problem has been corrected.

		Malcolm Betts 
		Dave Ward 

		Co chairs JWT

---

From: "Malcolm Betts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:02:05 -0400

Dieter, to avoid giving the impression that this is a complete list we
will delete 7715.1 and replace it with ...
 
So the bullet will be : 
Control Plane (e.g. G.7713, G.7715,...)

Malcolm Betts 
Nortel Networks 

	From: Dieter Beller [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 12:17 PM
	To: Betts, Malcolm (CAR:X632); [email-masked]
	Cc: Italo Busi; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
	Subject: Re: [Jwt] RE: [Mpls-interop] Almost final version of
overview charts uploaded

	I would like to add the following comment on slide 9:
	
	replace

	*	Control plane (e.g. G.7713, G.7715, G.7715.1) 

	with

	*	Control plane (G.8080, G.7712, G.7713, G.7713.2, G.7714,
G.7714.1, G.7715, G.7715.1, G.7718, G.7718.1) 

	Cheers,
	Dieter

	Italo Busi wrote: 

		Convention:
		 
		Thanks, Italo

			Subject: [Mpls-interop] Almost final version of
overview charts uploaded

			All I have just uploaded v17 of the overview
chart deck*. 

			This represents our view of the consensus of the
JWT, we intend to perform a final clean up and deliver it to the SG 15
management team on Friday.

			Changes from v16: 

			* I have uploaded a .zip file containing the
.ppt version.  My FTP application stops working after it has uploaded
about 1.2Mbytes.  I will contact TSB EDH and upload the normal .ppt and
.pdf files when the problem has been corrected.

			Malcolm Betts 
			Dave Ward 

			Co chairs JWT 

	-- 

	--