Subject: [Mpls-interop] Overview v16 uploaded

From: "Malcolm Betts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:55:28 -0400

All, I have uploaded version 16 of the overview chart deck:
http://ties.itu.int/ftp/public/itu-t/ahtmpls/readandwrite/doc_exchange/o
verview/

Changes from v15:

Picked nits

Added:
	Executive summary Section
	Recommendation
	Role of Ad hoc team, JWT, IETF MPLS Interoperability Design
Teams
	Development of RFCs and Recommendations

We expect to upload a v17 later today that will include a schedule and
dependencies between the RFCs and Recommendations.

Malcolm Betts
Nortel Networks
Phone: +1 613 763 7860 (ESN 393)
email: [email-masked]

Confidentiality Notice:  This message and any attachments may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If you have reason to
believe that you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible
for delivering this message to an intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have reason to believe that
you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for
delivering this message to an intended recipient, please contact the
sender immediately by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.

_______________________________________________
Mpls-interop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop

---

From: "Ross Callon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:59:44 -0400

One question regarding slide 8 (entitled "Development of ITU-T
Recommendations on MPLS-TP"). 

What recommendations do we anticipate that The ITU-T will produce wrt
MPLS-TP? Would 

this be profiles that point to IETF RFCs? 

Thanks, Ross

________________________________

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Malcolm Betts
Sent: 16 April 2008 08:55
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Mpls-interop] Overview v16 uploaded

All, I have uploaded version 16 of the overview chart deck: 
http://ties.itu.int/ftp/public/itu-t/ahtmpls/readandwrite/doc_exchange/o
verview/
<http://ties.itu.int/ftp/public/itu-t/ahtmpls/readandwrite/doc_exchange/
overview/>  

Changes from v15: 

Picked nits 

Added: 

Executive summary Section 
Recommendation 
Role of Ad hoc team, JWT, IETF MPLS Interoperability Design Teams 
Development of RFCs and Recommendations 

Malcolm Betts 
Nortel Networks

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:56:42 -0400

There is an error on slide 22 in the last bullet:

§When functionality of label 14 has had interoperable deployment and   
based on IETF consensus and input from ITU-T it is suggested that a  
roadmap step include:
  Retracting label 14 for other uses

	I think you mean "...of label 14 has had ..."

	On slide 20:

	It just occurred to me that the IETF's Multi-Hop PW work must now be  
aligned to work with this. What we want to avoid is what I saw in a  
presentation describing this work yesterday as:

	TMPLS = MPLS + enhanced OAM.  What I want to see is that "enhanced  
OAM" get folded back into the base of MPLS if at all possible, and I  
would prefer it if the "enhanced OAM" played well with the MH-PW OAM.

	--Tom

On Apr 16, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Ross Callon wrote:

> What recommendations do we anticipate that The ITU-T will produce  
> wrt MPLS-TP? Would
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked] 
> ] On Behalf Of Malcolm Betts
> http://ties.itu.int/ftp/public/itu-t/ahtmpls/readandwrite/doc_exchange/overview/
>
> Changes from v15:
>
> Picked nits
>
> Added:
>
> We expect to upload a v17 later today that will include a schedule  
> and dependencies between the RFCs and Recommendations.
>
>
> Malcolm Betts
> Nortel Networks
> Confidentiality Notice:  This message and any attachments may  
> contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you have  
> reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient or a  
> person responsible for delivering this message to an intended  
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,  
> distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If  
> you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient  
> or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended  
> recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and  
> destroy all copies of the original message.
>

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:58:05 -0400

On Apr 16, 2008, at 5:56 PM, Thomas Nadeau wrote:

> §When functionality of label 14 has had interoperable deployment  
> and  based on IETF consensus and input from ITU-T it is suggested  
> that a roadmap step include:

	Sorry, I think you mean "...of label 13 has had"

>
>
>
> 	On slide 20:
>
> 	It just occurred to me that the IETF's Multi-Hop PW work must now  
> be aligned to work with this. What we want to avoid is what I saw in  
> a presentation describing this work yesterday as:
>
>> contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you  
>> have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient or a