Subject: [mpls-tp] New Liaison Statement, "Update to "MPLS-TP NM Req-03 Avaiable (ref # 004.02)" (ref 04.003)"

From: Loa Andersson(IETF MPLS WG) <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:18:36 -0700 (PDT)

Title: Update to "MPLS-TP NM Req-03 Avaiable (ref # 004.02)" (ref 04.003)
Submission Date: 2009-09-04
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=569 

From: Loa Andersson(IETF MPLS WG) <[email-masked]>
To: ITU-T SG15, Q 9/15, Q 10/15, Q 12/15 and Q 14/15([email-masked])
Cc: [email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
Reponse Contact: [email-masked]
Technical Contact: [email-masked]
Purpose: For information 
Body: This  liaison is to inform you that an editing error were detected in
version -03 of the MPLS NM Requirements, this has been corrected in 
version -04 of the document as follows:

In Appendix A bullet #2

OLD

        2. The CCh may be provided by a link in the transport network
        that is terminated at the ends of the DCC and which is capable
        of encapsulating and terminating packets of the management
        protocols.  For example, in MPLS-TP a single-hop LSP might be
        established between two adjacent nodes, and that LSP might be
        capable of carrying IP traffic. Management traffic can then be
        inserted into the link in an LSP parallel to the LSPs that carry
        user traffic.

NEW

        2. The CCh may be provided by a link in the transport network
        that is terminated at the ends of the CCh and which is capable
        of encapsulating and terminating packets of the management
        protocols.  For example, in MPLS-TP a single-hop LSP might be
        established between two adjacent nodes, and that LSP might be
        capable of carrying IP traffic. Management traffic can then be
        inserted into the link in an LSP parallel to the LSPs that carry
        user traffic.

And in Appendix A bullet #5

OLD

        5. The CCh may provided by a dedicated channel associated with
        the data link. For example, the generic associated label (GAL)
        [13] may be used to label DCC traffic being exchanged on a data
        link between adjacent transport nodes, potentially in the
        absence of any data LSP between those nodes.

NEW

        5. The CCh may provided by a dedicated channel associated with
        the data link. For example, the generic associated label (GAL)
        [13] may be used to label CCh traffic being exchanged on a data
        link between adjacent transport nodes, potentially in the
        absence of any data LSP between those nodes.

Since we believe this is a very minor change we do not think this will
require any extra time, but will expect your response on our liaison 
"MPLS-TP NM Req-03 Avaiable (ref # 004.02)" on Sep 15, and will, if
positive, interprete as if we can go ahead request publication of 
version -04 of the document as an RFC on the standards track.

Loa Andersson

Co-Chair of the MPLS WG
Chair of the IETF MEAD team
Attachment(s):
No document has been attached