Subject: [mpls-tp] Comment on section 3.5 of draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-10

From: "BUSI ITALO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 20:27:02 +0100

I have concerns with the current text in section 3.5.

In particular, the normative reference to the current version of the
identifier draft. This is dependent to the concerns I have raised on the
Identifier draft at the time it has been polled for WG adoption.

I would propose the following text instead:
"
   Identifiers are used to uniquely distinguish entities in an MPLS-TP
   network.  These include operators, nodes, LSPs, pseudowires, and
   their associated maintenance entities.
   MPLS-TP defines two types of set of identifiers: a set that is
compatible
   with IP-based operations and another set that is compatible with
ITU-T
   transport-based operations. The definition of these set of
identifiers
   is outside the scope of this document and it is provided by
   [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers].
"

Thanks, Italo

P.S. Please note my new email address, [email-masked],
effective since 1 November 2009.