Subject: [mpls-tp] PST QoS model in draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-10

From: "BUSI ITALO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 20:31:09 +0100

We have never really discussed the QoS implications of PST/TCM in the
context of this draft.

However, this issue was raised during the review of the OAM Framework
and the following text was added:
"
The PST would use the uniform model of EXP code point copying between
sub-layers for diffserv such that the E2E markings and PHB treatment for
the transport path was preserved by the PST
"

The key issue is that, from ITU-T perspective, the QoS of different
layer networks should be independent (therefore the need for pipe and
short-pipe models only). However, the PST/TCM is not a different layer
network wrt the monitored LSP/PW but it is a sub-layer network.

I would like to sense the feeling of the IETF and ITU-T people about
this point.

Thanks, Italo

P.S. Please note my new email address, [email-masked],
effective since 1 November 2009.