Subject: [mpls-tp] response to ITU-T liaison on document dependencies

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 15:46:39 +0100

All,

as part of the MPLS-TP project ITU-T will produce new Recommendations.

These Recommendations will have normative and informative (informative
references are made by including the document in bibliography)
references to IETF documents (IDs and RFCs).

ITU-T SG15 sent us a liaison on February 1st detailing the IETF
documents they have dependencies to and the nature of the references.

Please find below the response I've prepared. Review carefully
and send comments to this list.

I intend to send the response Friday February 12, so please
get any comments in before eob on Thursday February 11.

/Loa

To:
Greg Jones ITU-T [email-masked]
Study Group 15 [email-masked]

From:
Loa Andersson [email-masked]
George Swallow [email-masked]

CC:
Yoichi Maeda yoichi.maeda@ntt-at-co-jp
Steve Trowbridge [email-masked]
Ghani Abbas [email-masked]
Huub van Helvoort [email-masked]
Malcolm Betts [email-masked]
Hing-Kam Lam [email-masked]
Adrian Farrel [email-masked]
Ross Callon [email-masked]
Stewart Bryant [email-masked]
Patrik Faltstrom [email-masked]
Russ Housley [email-masked]
Olaf Kolkman [email-masked]
IETF MPLS working group ([email-masked], [email-masked])
ITU-T ad hoc team on MPLS-TP [email-masked]

Date: February, 2010
To: ITU-T SG15, Q 9/15, Q 10/15, Q 12/15 and Q 14/15
Source: IETF MPLS Working Group
Title: Dependency between ITU-T MPLS-TP Recommendations (ref # 010.04)

For: Action

The IETF's MPLS working group thanks Study Group 15 for its liaison 
“LS132 - Dependency between ITU-T MPLS-TP Recommendations (ref # 010.03)”.
A very quick estimated of the availability of the IETF RFCs for consent 
in June is given below.

1.	Terminology drafts

The terminology drafts are comparatively uncomplicated All references to 
them listed in you liaison are shown as “informative.” We take this to 
indicate that the reference will be made to the drafts by including them 
in a Bibliography section and that they can be referenced as 
Internet-Drafts that are work in progress. Please confirm that our 
interpretation is correct.

1.1	draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone
There is an informative reference from G.8101 to this draft. The draft 
is already stable enough to include in a Bibliography.
1.2	draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def
G.8101 also references this draft as informative. The draft will be in 
shape in June to include in a Bibliography.

2.	Requirements Drafts

All the requirement drafts (2.1, 2.2, and 2.3) will be available as RFCs 
in June. That is
•	MPLS-TP requirements: already published as RFC 5654
•	MPLS-TP Network Management Requirements: currently 
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-req
•	MPLS-TP OAM Requirements: currently draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements

3.	Framework Drafts

3.1	draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework
This draft will be available as an RFC in June.

3.2	draft-fbb-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework
This draft will be approved by IESG in June and if necessary we will 
request an early RFC number allocation.

3.3	draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-framework
This draft will be available as an RFC in June.

3.4	draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-framework
This draft will be available as an RFC in June.
draft-koike-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-maintenance-points will not be progressed 
as an independent document, the content will be covered by 
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-framework.

3.5	draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk
This draft will be available as an RFC in June.

3.6	draft-xxxx-pwe3-mpls-tp-survive-fwk
There is no dependency to this draft by the Recommendations that will be 
consented in June.

3.7	draft-abfb-mpls-tp-control-plane-framework
There is an informative reference from G.8110.1, we plan to poll the 
document to become a CCAMP working group document soon. The document 
will be in shape by June to be included in a Bibliography and referenced 
as work in progress.

3.8	draft-xxxx-mpls-tp-data-plane
This draft has now been posted as an individual document named 
draft-fbb-mpls-tp-data-plane. It is unlikely that this draft will be 
published as RFC before June, but it will be approved by the IESG and we 
will ensure early allocation of an RFC number.

4.	GACH Drafts

4.1	RFC 5586
The document is already available as an RFC.

4.2	RFC 5718
The document is already available as an RFC.

4.3	draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ach-tlv
This document we be available as an RFC in June, 
draft-manral-mpls-tp-oam-security-tlv will not be progressed as an 
individual RFC, but will be merged into draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ach-tlv.

5.	Core Document

5.1	draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers
This document we be available as an RFC in June.

5.2	draft-fang-mpls-tp-security-framework
This document will not be available as an RFC in June. However, the 
intended content of this document means that it would not be suitable as 
a normative reference. Instead, we recommend that you should include it 
in a Bibliography as an informative reference and make a normative 
reference to draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework which 
comprehensively covers MPLS and GMPLS security issues. This document is 
in the last stages of IESG approval and will be available as an RFC in June.

6.	Document 6.1 to 9.1

There are no further dependencies in your list on IETF RFCs from the set 
of Recommendations to be consented in June.

We would like to ask you to confirm that our understanding of 
“informative reference” as it is used in your liaison is correctly 
understood.

It is our understanding that we will need to supply similar information 
on the documents listed as 6.1 to 9.1, but we suggest that it will be 
sufficient if we prepare that information as an input to the interim 
meeting in Stockholm in April.

Loa Andersson
George Swallow
MPLS  Working Group Co-Chairs

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13

---

From: "Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:59:13 +0100

See editorial corrections inline below

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of ext Loa Andersson
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 16:47
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls-tp] response to ITU-T liaison on document dependencies

All,

/Loa

To:

From:

CC:

Date: February, 2010

For: Action

The IETF's MPLS working group thanks Study Group 15 for its liaison 
"LS132 - Dependency between ITU-T MPLS-TP Recommendations (ref #
010.03)".
A very quick estimated of the availability of the IETF RFCs for consent
[yw>]        estimate
 
in June is given below.

1.	Terminology drafts

them listed in you liaison are shown as "informative." We take this to
[yw>]          your

[yw>]  ^already^

2.	Requirements Drafts

in June. That is
*	MPLS-TP requirements: already published as RFC 5654
*	MPLS-TP Network Management Requirements: currently 
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-req
*	MPLS-TP OAM Requirements: currently
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements

3.	Framework Drafts

consented in June.

as work in progress.

4.	GACH Drafts

4.1	RFC 5586

4.2	RFC 5718

4.3	draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ach-tlv
This document we be available as an RFC in June
[yw>]         will
, 
draft-manral-mpls-tp-oam-security-tlv will not be progressed as an 
individual RFC, but will be merged into draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ach-tlv.

5.	Core Document

[yw>]         will

in the last stages of IESG approval and will be available as an RFC in
June.

6.	Document 6.1 to 9.1

We would like to ask you to confirm that our understanding of 
"informative reference" as it is used in your liaison is correctly 
understood.

Loa Andersson
George Swallow

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13
_______________________________________________
mpls-tp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-tp