Subject: [mpls-tp] Latest draft version of G.8110.1 (v1.7.1)

From: "BUSI ITALO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:04:22 +0100

On the IETF weekly call on 23 Feb, we discussed the possibility to
remove the dependency of G.8110.1 from the the MPLS-TP P2MP framework by
G.8110.1 the source IETF RFCs instead (i.e., RFC5331 and RFC5332).

As editor of G.8110.1, I took the action to propose some text changes to
the G.8110.1 draft to check whether this is actually possible.

It is my opinion that it is possible to describe the architecture of
MPLS-TP p2mp LSPs in G.8110.1 by normative referencing the source IETF
RFCs.

I have uploaded the latest editor's version of the draft on the ITU-T
web page for the ad-hoc on MPLS-TP:

http://ifa.itu.int/t/2009/sg15/ahmpls-tp/documents/g8110.1%20v17_1.doc

http://ifa.itu.int/t/2009/sg15/ahmpls-tp/documents/g8110.1%20v17_1.pdf

http://ifa.itu.int/t/2009/sg15/ahmpls-tp/documents/g8110.1%20v17_1-rm.pd
f 

Note that this updated draft contains also the changes discussed during
the SG15 plenary meeting in Geneva. The text changes required to
normatively reference RFC5331 and RFC5332 instead of the MPLS-TP P2MP
framework are marked in grey.

In case you do not have permissions yet to access the documents, please
go to the following web site and follow the instructions in section 6:
 
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com15/ahmpls-tp/

Thanks, Italo (Editor of G.8110.1)

P.S. Please note my new email address, [email-masked],
effective since 1 November 2009.