Subject: [mpls-tp] draft-bao-mpls-tp-path-transfer-reqs

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:50:46 -0700

Hi,

I am very happy to see new inputs from different people and vendors.

I looked at the draft and was wondering what is not covered in RFC
5493 which is for GMPLS control plane/ MP which is probably the
control plane for MPLS-TP. Is there any MPLS-TP specific requirement?

Thanks,
Vishwas

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:35:05 +0800

Hi, Vishwas,

The requirements listed in RFC5493 aply to unidirectional and co-routed 
LSPs 
in the ASON architecture of ITU-T G.8080. However, in MPLS-TP network, 
associated 
bidirectional LSP and PW defined in RFC5654 are included, which are not 
described 
in RFC5493. 

For associated bidirectional LSP, edge nodes and transit nodes should be 
aware 
about the pairing relationship of the forward and the backward directions 
belonging 
to the same associated bidirectional transport path, so, this pairing 
relationship 
must be created in CP when associated LSP transfer from MP to CP. This is 
not 
described in RFC5493.

For PW including SS-PW and MS-PW, it's signaling procedures described in 
RFC4447, 
draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw and draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw are 
completely 
different from the LSP's. So, the PW transfer procedures are another big 
differences,
which are not described in RFC5493.

So, the above two aspects are the main MPLS-TP specific requirements. 
Others specific
requirements maybe exist, but we aren't identified. And any new 
requirements identified
are welcome to improve the document.

Regards,
Yuanlin Bao