Subject: [mpls-tp] A new ID draft-ji-mpls-tp-bidirectional-label-00

From: Du Zongpeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:57:00 +0800

Dear MPLS WG:

Please be aware that we submitted a new WG document,

Bidirectional Label Assignment in MPLS-TP
draft-ji-mpls-tp-bidirectional-label-00
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ji-mpls-tp-bidirectional-label-00.txt

Abstract
This document describes a new mechanism for the label allocation of
co-routed bidirectional point-to-point paths in MPLS Transport Profile
(MPLS-TP) networks, which is called the bidirectional label allocation
mechanism. The nodes on co-routed bidirectional point-to- point paths will
not need to record the label pairing relationship of the forward and the
backward directions in this mechanism because the labels are symmetrical. In
addition, the compression of the LIB becomes possible because of the
existing of symmetrical elements.

We would appreciate reviews and comments for our document.

Best Regards

Zongpeng Du

==============================================
Zongpeng Du
BUPT
Address: P.O.Box 90, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
No.10, Xitucheng Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China, 100876
Tel: +86-010-62282905-807
EMail: [email-masked]
==============================================

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 16:48:54 +0800

hi
If label assignment is based on per interface label space, will label 
crash not happen?

maybe my understanding be wrong.

thank you
liu

Du Zongpeng <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2010-04-06 12:57

收件人
mpls-tp <[email-masked]>, mpls <[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
[mpls-tp]  A new ID draft-ji-mpls-tp-bidirectional-label-00

Dear MPLS WG:

Abstract
This document describes a new mechanism for the label allocation of 
co-routed bidirectional point-to-point paths in MPLS Transport Profile 
(MPLS-TP) networks, which is called the bidirectional label allocation 
mechanism. The nodes on co-routed bidirectional point-to- point paths will 
not need to record the label pairing relationship of the forward and the 
backward directions in this mechanism because the labels are symmetrical. 
In addition, the compression of the LIB becomes possible because of the 
existing of symmetrical elements.

Best Regards

Zongpeng Du

==============================================
Zongpeng Du
BUPT
Address: P.O.Box 90, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
No.10, Xitucheng Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China, 100876
Tel: +86-010-62282905-807
EMail: [email-masked]
==============================================
_______________________________________________
mpls-tp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-tp

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: Alexander Vainshtein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:08:23 +0300

Liu and all,
Using per-interface label space on P2P interfaces would indeed prevent the situations to which draft-ji-mpls-tp-bidirectional-label refers as “label crash” (IMO “label allocation conflict” would be a more suitable name). But it would not help much on LAN (or MP2MP) interfaces – and these are allowed (or, at least, not prohibited) in MPLS-TP as well.

My 2c,
     Sasha

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 11:49 AM
To: Du Zongpeng
Cc: mpls; [email-masked]; mpls-tp
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] A new ID draft-ji-mpls-tp-bidirectional-label-00

hi
If label assignment is based on per interface label space, will label crash not happen?

thank you
liu

2010-04-06 12:57

收件人

抄送

主题

Dear MPLS WG:

Abstract
This document describes a new mechanism for the label allocation of co-routed bidirectional point-to-point paths in MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) networks, which is called the bidirectional label allocation mechanism. The nodes on co-routed bidirectional point-to- point paths will not need to record the label pairing relationship of the forward and the backward directions in this mechanism because the labels are symmetrical. In addition, the compression of the LIB becomes possible because of the existing of symmetrical elements.

Best Regards

Zongpeng Du

EMail: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>