Subject: [mpls-tp] MPLS P2P and P2MP tunnel table extensions to accommodate Global_IDs

From: venkatesan mahalingam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 20:32:57 +0530

Hi,
Please clarify my below doubt on the MPLS tunnel table extension to
accommodate Global_IDs.

*In the draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers-01*
*5.3**.  Mapping to GMPLS Signalling*

*   This section defines the mapping from an MPLS-TP LSP_ID to GMPLS.  At
   this time, GMPLS has yet to be extended to accommodate Global_IDs.
   Thus a mapping is only made for the network unique form of the
   LSP_ID.*
Venkat>> What kind of extension is expected to accommodate Global_IDs?

As per RFC-3812, in the mplsTunnelTable we have four indices
1.mplsTunnelIndex,
2.mplsTunnelInstance,
3.mplsTunnelIngressLSRId,
4.mplsTunnelEgressLSRId

Do you see any change in the index part of this table to accomadate the
global_ids for the static or dynamic configuration?
If yes, how do we keep the backward compatiblity for base MPLS?

Any extension is expected in the *draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers-01
draft for *P2MP tunnel handling for MPLS-TP?

Please provide me more inputs if anything discussed in the past.

-- 
Best Regards,
Venkatesan Mahalingam.