Subject: [mpls-tp] Query on MPLS-TP identifiers: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers

From: Mukund Mani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 21:06:34 +0530

Hi TP-Group

Had certain queries on the draft "draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers". Could the
draft authors kindly clarify the same...

1. Are there any specific cases wherein MEG ID is carried in any of the OAM
packets?

2.    As per the draft a MPLS-TP LSP_MEP_ID is:

      Src-Node_ID::Src-Tunnel_Num::LSP_Num

Considering an associated bi-directional LSP between nodes A and B, for each
direction of the LSP, two MEP's will be configured (Source and Sink MEP
respectively).

Let the tunnel number and lsp number established between A and B be 100 and
1 respectively.
Similarly the tunnel number and lsp number establsihed between B and A be
200 and 1 respectively.

The Source MEP for the forward direction ME (lsp) can be identified with the
above format as say A:100:1

Similary the Source MEP on the reverse direction ME can be identified as
B:200:1

How would the Sink MEP's be identified in this case for each direction?

With Regards
Mukund