Subject: [mpls-tp] suggested liason re xml2rfc biblio entries

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:55:26 -0400

The RFC Editor recommends that xml2rfc be used as the source format
for internet-drafts and RFCs.

Ref:
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2629
   http://tools.ietf.org/
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/idst/upload.cgi)

This tool and a set of bibliography entries used for citations can be
found at http://xml.resource.org/.  The citation library contains no
references to ITU Y. series or G. series documents.  It contains only
a subset of other series.

The RFC and internet-draft biblio entries are automatically updated.
It would be helpful if the ITU or a volunteer provided a machine
readable and easily parsed list of citation entries for ITU documents,
particularly the Y. and G. series rather than have each author cobble
together the entries that they need.

For example, the ITU titles only for the G. series are available as
HTML at http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-G/e

Ideally the ITU would provide some format that is easily and
unambiguously machine parsable, preferably XML (even Excel would be
sufficient as it can be converted, preferably with no merged cells
that might hinder parsing).  If these citation entries were provided
in the xml2rfc format, that would be the most desireable.

This would be analogous to the IETF index.sml file available at
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-index.xml

If such a thing is already available, please provide a pointer (URL).

If not, I suggest that the IETF WG chairs in WGs related to MPLS-TP
send a liason statement making such a request.

Curtis

ps - Please note that the special deal where all IETF documents are
available for half price to ITU members is still available.  :-)