Subject: [mpls-tp] MPLS-TP tunnel and PW establishment over multiple different operators

From: venkatesan mahalingam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:13:18 +0530

Hi,

Please clarify whether the below operations are valid for MPLS-TP
deployment.

For example,
*Scenario-1:*
Operator1 -------------------Operator2--------------------Operator3
 (ICC - IP capable)    (ICC- IP capable)        (ICC IP incapable)

 Can single LSP/PW be established over ICC based operators in an IP and
Non-IP environments?
 **
*Scenario-2:*
Operator1
-------------------Operator2--------------------Operator3----------------------Operator-4
 (ICC - IP capable)    (ICC- IP capable)        (ICC IP
incapable)               (ICC IP incapable)

Can single LSP/PW be established between Operator1 and Opearator-4?
If the answer is NO, do we need to maintain two LSPs/PWs, one between
Operator1 and Operator2 and
another one between Operator3 and Operator4 and LSP/PW stitching with these
two LSPs/PWs?

 *Scenario-3:*
Operator1
---------------------------Operator2--------------------------------Operator3
(Global_ID - IP capable)    (Global_ID - IP capable)        (Global_ID IP
incapable)

 Can single LSP/PW be established over Global_ID based operators in an IP
and Non-IP environments?
 **
*Scenario-4:*
Operator1
-----------------------------Operator2------------------------Operator3------------------------------Operator-4
 (Global_ID - IP capable)    (Global_ID- IP capable)        (Global_ID IP
incapable)       (Global_ID IP incapable)

Can single LSP/PW be established between Operator1 and Opearator-4?
If the answer is NO, do we need to maintain two LSPs/PWs, one between
Operator1 and Operator2 and
another one between Operator3 and Operator4 and LSP/PW stitching with these
two LSPs/PWs?

*Scenario-5:*
 Operator1
--------------------------------Operator2--------------------Operator3
 (Global_ID- IP capable)         (ICC- IP capable)        (Global_ID IP
capable)

 Can single LSP/PW be established over different operators in an IP
environments?
 **
 *Scenario-6:*
 Operator1
-----------------------------Operator2--------------------Operator3
 (ICC- IP incapable)         (Global- IP incapable)        (ICC IP
incapable)

 Can single LSP/PW be established over different operators in an Non-IP
environments?

*Scenario-7:*
Operator1
-------------------Operator2--------------------Operator3---------------------------Operator-4
 (ICC - IP capable)    (ICC- IP capable)        (Global_ID IP
capable)            (Global_ID IP capable)

Can single LSP/PW be established between Operator1 and Opearator-4?
If the answer is NO, do we need to maintain two LSPs/PWs, one between
Operator1 and Operator2 and
another one between Operator3 and Operator4 and LSP/PW stitching with these
two LSPs/PWs?

 *Scenario-8:*
Operator1
-------------------Operator2--------------------Operator3---------------------------Operator-4
 (ICC - IP capable)    (ICC- IP capable)        (Global_ID IP
incapable)          (Global_ID IP incapable)

Can single LSP/PW be established between Operator1 and Opearator-4?
If the answer is NO, do we need to maintain two LSPs/PWs, one between
Operator1 and Operator2 and
another one between Operator3 and Operator4 and LSP/PW stitching with these
two LSPs/PWs?

 *Scenario-9:*
Operator1
-------------------Operator2-----------------------------Operator3---------------------------Operator-4
 (ICC - IP capable)    (Global_ID- IP capable)        (ICC IP
incapable)          (Global_ID IP incapable)

Can single LSP/PW be established between Operator1 and Opearator-4?
If the answer is NO, do we need to maintain two LSPs/PWs, one between
Operator1 and Operator2 and
another one between Operator3 and Operator4 and LSP/PW stitching with these
two LSPs/PWs?

 *Scenario-9:*
Operator1
-------------------------Operator2------------------------Operator3---------------------------Operator-4
 (ICC - IP capable)    (Global_ID- IP incapable)        (Global_ID IP
capable)          (ICC IP incapable)

Can single LSP/PW be established between Operator1 and Opearator-4?
Is this a valid scenario?

-- 
Best Regards,
Venkatesan Mahalingam.

---

From: venkatesan mahalingam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 00:38:28 +0530

Hi,
Can we establish a LSP/PW between MPLS-TP operators with different
identifiers (ICC and Global_ID)?

for example,

Operator1
(ICC)                             (ICC)
(Global_ID)                           (Global_ID)

Can single LSP/PW be traversed between Operator1 and Operator-4?
If the answer is NO, do we need to maintain two LSPs/PWs, one between
Operator1 and Operator2 and
another one between Operator3 and Operator4 and LSP/PW stitching with these
two LSPs/PWs for communication across operators?

Thanks,
Venkat.

-- 
Best Regards,
Venkatesan Mahalingam.

---

From: venkatesan mahalingam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:36:26 +0530

Hi,
Can transport guys please reply to the below query?

Thanks,
Venkat.

On 6/30/10, venkatesan mahalingam <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Operator1 ----------Operator2----------------Operator3----------------Operator-4
> (ICC)                    (ICC)                    (Global_ID)               (Global_ID)
>

-- 
Best Regards,
Venkatesan Mahalingam.