Subject: [mpls-tp] MPLS-TP OAM Framework

From: "Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:34:34 +0200

Hi Dave,

Following the meeting today, I would like to get back to the
"adaptation" function related to AIS, lockx. 

We had huge discussions in the past about the layer violation which
results from a MEP in the server layer sending a message to a MEP in the
client layer. Will the message includes the MEP ID of the server layer?
Does the client MEP aware of all the servers' MEP ID? How the is the MEP
of the server aware of the MEP ID of the client layer? 

We proposed in the past that the MEP at the server layer notifies its
client layer (in the node) of the failure which will initiate a
notification message to its MEP of the failure. 

Best regards,

Nurit

---

From: Maarten Vissers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:24:17 +0200

A MEP Source will have to insert either a MEG ID and Source MEP ID, or a
Source and Destination Access Point ID into its CV OAM PDU. There is no
reason to insert a MEG ID /Src MEP ID or Src/Dst AP ID into any other OAM
PDU. Those OAM PDUs are transported inside the "transport path" to which the
MEP. MIP or Server-MEP generating the OAM PDU is connected.
 
A MEP consists of multiple atomic functions. At the top is either an n-to-1
XXX/YYY_A function or an 1-to-1 XXX/XXX_A function. The top part of both
adaptation functions have layer client or sublayer client awareness. E.g.
the n-to-1 XXX/YYY_A function has awareness of the n client (sub)layer
signals, as it has to multiplex and encapsulate or decapsulate and
demultiplex the client signals. Both adaptation functions have a server
(sub)layer Access Point and one or more client (sub)layer connection points.
 
As a result these adaptation functions have the ability to insert AIS and
LCK signals into their client (sub)layer signals. Refer to G.705, G.783,
G.798, G.8021 and I.732 for examples of those adaptation functions. AIS and
LCK OAM PDUs as such do not need to carry any additional information, as
such information does not provide any additional information and is not
extracted by the MEP Sink function terminating the OAM PDU.
 
Regards,
Maarten

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)
Sent: maandag 26 juli 2010 19:35
To: ext David Allan I
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls-tp] MPLS-TP OAM Framework

Hi Dave,

Following the meeting today, I would like to get back to the "adaptation"
function related to AIS, lockx. 

We had huge discussions in the past about the layer violation which results
from a MEP in the server layer sending a message to a MEP in the client
layer. Will the message includes the MEP ID of the server layer? Does the
client MEP aware of all the servers' MEP ID? How the is the MEP of the
server aware of the MEP ID of the client layer? 

We proposed in the past that the MEP at the server layer notifies its client
layer (in the node) of the failure which will initiate a notification
message to its MEP of the failure. 

Best regards,

Nurit