Subject: [mpls-tp] Pseudowire freeze mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:44:40 +0800

Hi All,
Here is a new draft describing the separation of PW control plane and data 
plane. Hope to see your comments, thank you.
You can get the draft from following link: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jin-pwe3-pw-freeze-00

BR
Lizhong Jin

----- Forward by Lizhong Jin at 2010-07-12 21:41 -----

IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]> wrote on 2010-07-05 
20:53:38:

> 
> A new version of I-D, draft-jin-pwe3-pw-freeze-00.txt has been 
> successfully submitted by Lizhong Jin and posted to the IETF repository.
> 
> Filename:    draft-jin-pwe3-pw-freeze
> Revision:    00
> Title:       Pseudowire freeze mechanism
> Creation_date:    2010-07-05
> WG ID:       Independent Submission
> Number_of_pages: 9
> 
> Abstract:
> This draft introduces a pseudowire freeze mechanism, which enables
> pseudowire control plane and data plane separation.  When the PW is
> working in freeze state, the data transmission will not be influenced
> by turbulence of control plane.
>  
> 
> 
> The IETF Secretariat.
> 
> 
> 

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: Yong Lucy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:53:32 -0500

It seems that service providers have the requirement that data plane
function is not impacted when the control plane has trouble.

Lucy

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 8:45 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] Pseudowire freeze mechanism

Hi All, 

BR 
Lizhong Jin

----- Forward by Lizhong Jin at 2010-07-12 21:41 ----- 

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:47:02 -0400

> function is not impacted when the control plane has trouble.

And based on the presentation at PWE a 49 day holddown is not enough.
They must anticipate having a really bad control plane.  :-)

Curtis

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 23:47:16 +0800

Hi Curtis,
The intention and requirement is to make the PW running without control 
plane. Operaters do not need to worry about the control plane negative 
effect to data plane, do not need to count the days. What's more, the 
current LDP GR is enableed for all FECs that advertised through this 
session. As you know, GR may bring into some negative effect to FECs, e.g, 
black hole for IP prefix FEC in a short time. Then it is better to support 
LDP GR based on LSP, but this is not the case. So PW freeze can provide 
LSP based GR like function, which brings more flexible PW provisioning. 
The freeze PW has both the virtue of:
1. less configuration effort that dynamic PW owns;
2. more reliability that static PW owns.

BTW, in the draft, there are more description about the comparison about 
LDP GR and PW freeze.

BR
Lizhong