Subject: [mpls-tp] wg last call reslution in on mpls-tp-oam framework

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:02:41 +0200

All,

the editors of the mpls-tp-oam-framework has sent us these two
word documents to describe how the outstanding wg lc comments has
been resolved.

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:36:26 +0800

Resend following comment without attachments.
=============================================

Loa and all,

I don't agree with the resolution on my comment 6 in the attached word 
document.

Cited words start======
6. In "section 6.3.1" the fifth paragraph, wrt the defined two-way 
throughput estimation which can only return the minimum of available 
throughput of the two directions, I'm not sure about the need from SP. 
Instead, to my understanding it's preferred to define two-way throughput 
estimation as a function which can return two individual available 
throughput of the two directioins, just as packet loss measurement. 

Resolution: A note was added clarifying that two-way throughput estimation 
can only evaluate the minimum of available throughput of the two 
directions. In order to estimate the throughput in both directions, two 
one-way throughput estimation sessions have to be setup.
Cited words end=======

My comment intended to change the definition of two-way throughput 
estimation, at least not restrict it with the way that only evaluate the 
minimum of available throughput of the two directions, because I think 
that's unreasonable and I can't see the need for this kind of two-way 
throughput estimation from SP.

Best Regards,
Xiao Min

Loa Andersson <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2010/09/23 20:02

收件人
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 
MPLS-TP ad hoc team <[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
[mpls-tp] wg last call reslution in on mpls-tp-oam framework

All,

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13
_______________________________________________
mpls-tp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-tp