Subject: [mpls-tp] Focsing the mpls-tp document discussion

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 16:52:34 +0200

All,

At the moment the working group chairs would like see more
focus in the discussion of the working group of the MPLS-TP
documents to documents that are working group documents.

1. We have one document, draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-02.txt
    which is intended to define the tools needed and in which document
    they can be found.

2. we have 5 other documents that actually specifies the tools

    a. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-01
       "Proactive Connection Verification, Continuity Check and Remote
        Defect indication for MPLS Transport Profile"

    b. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-fault-02
       "MPLS Fault Management OAM"

    c. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb-00
       "MPLS Transport Profile Lock Instruct and Loopback Functions"

    d. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-loss-delay-00
       "Packet Loss and Delay Measurement for the MPLS Transport
        Profile"

    e. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv-00
       "MPLS on-demand Connectivity Verification, Route Tracing and
        Adjacency Verification"

We also have

    f. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers-02
       "MPLS-TP Identifiers"

    g. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-uni-nni-00
       "MPLS Transport Profile User-to-Network and Network-to-Network
        Interfaces"

    h. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-02
       "MPLS-TP Linear Protection"

On a slightly different note we have:

    i. draft-he-mpls-tp-csf-02.txt
       "Indication of Client Failure in MPLS-TP"
       This draft received comments in Maastricht that made it clear
       that the draft need to be much more clearly scoped. The client
       signal failure indication for the case where the attachment
       circuit is a PW is covered by "draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw
       -status". draft-he is intended to cover other cases.
       The scopinf section needs to be updated and aligned with the
       uni-nni draft.

The documents above are next in line for the atention of the working
group. The working group chairs would like to see focused rewies of
these documents and comments sent to the mpls-tp mailing list.

Please note that this is not a working group last call, but a way of
focusing the discussion on documents that are important for us.

Loa and George

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13