Subject: [mpls-tp] Questions on MPLS-TP Sections (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone-03)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:40:07 +0800

Hello All, 

I have some questions on MPLS-TP Sections. In 
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone-03 "section 3.14 Section Layer Network" 
written:

>>>A section layer is a server layer (which may be MPLS-TP or a
>>>different technology) that provides for the transfer of the section-
>>>layer client information between adjacent nodes in the transport-
>>>path layer or transport-service layer.  A section layer may provide
>>>for aggregation of multiple MPLS-TP clients.  Note that [ITU-
>>>T_G.805] defines the section layer as one of the two layer networks
>>>in a transmission-media layer network.  The other layer network is
>>>the physical-media layer network.

>>>Section layer networks are concerned with all the functions which
>>>provide for the transfer of information between locations in path
>>>layer networks.

>>>Physical media layer networks are concerned with the actual fibres,
>>>metallic wires or radio frequency channels which support a section
>>>layer network.

Q1: what is MPLS-TP Section's Identifiers? (MAC address or IP address or 
something else?)

    IMO, MPLS-TP is co-ps technology, so we MUST collect context from 
packets. In LSP Layer, the LSP's In-Label provide that; In PW layer, the 
PW's In-Label provide that;In Section layer, I think it should be the MAC 
Address to do the same thing.(eg, ethernet interface)
 
Q2: Do we need to provide Sections between logical interfaces?

    On some PTN devices, we have logical interfaces (eg, VLAN interface, 
have IP address) and physical interface (eg, FEI interface, have NO IP 
address). If we provide Sections between logical interfaces, Does that 
mean we will use IP address to identify Section Entity?

Q3: Recently, I noticed that Cisco's CPT600 have supported MPLS-TP OAM; 
Can Cisco's expert give some advice about this?

Best regards,
steven

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.