Subject: Re: Question on RSVP LSP Tunnel Spec

From: "Navin kumar Agrawal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 16:01:00 +0530

Hi All,

If you take the CBQ implementation in MPLS/RSVP. How the leaf classes
corresponding to different values of COS will be treated?  Will all the COS
class come under the 'Best Effort' parent class? And how about their link
sharing amount? Will this (allocating x% of bw for class of COS=y) decision
be taken locally? Or, some draft/spec will dictate this in near future.

Thanks,

Regards,
Navin

>         [email-masked] pointed out the omission of the tspec a while back.
> Here's what I've asked George to put in on the next rev of the draft:
>
> Old text:
>
>    The format of the Class-of-Service FLOWSPEC object is:
>
>     Class-of-Service FLOWSPEC object: Class = 9, C-Type = 3 (TBA)
>
> New text:
>
>    The same format is used both for SENDER_TSPEC object and
>    FLOWSPEC objects.  The formats are:
>
>     Class-of-Service SENDER_TSPEC object: Class = 12, C-Type = 3 (TBA)
>
>     Class-of-Service FLOWSPEC object: Class = 9, C-Type = 3 (TBA)
>
> The is no Adspec associated with Class-of-Service.  Either no Adspec is
> included or an int-serv adspec with just the Default General
> Characterization Parameters can be used.

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 08:13:28 -0400

The Class-of-Service object is intended to support best-effort traffic and
traffic single administrative value/level of service.  When using this
object the translation from CoS value to local allocation is a local
(config/admin) decision.  Section 4.8 could benefit for more words making
this clear.

Lou