Subject: Re: Signalling protocol for I.ipatm

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 17:35:05 -0400

The docment is now available via anonymous ftp.

It is a MS Word document and is available zipped or zipped and then
uuencoded.

The files are I.ipatm.zip and ipatm.uu respectively.

Anonymous ftp to ftpeng.cisco.com

cd to directory mpls

...George

==================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824

---

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 00:12:03 +0200

FYI,
Based on the outcome of today's meeting, ITU SG13 will recommend that MPLS 
be used for IP over ATM and that CR-LDP be the only control signaling 
protocol for traffic engineering (RSVP extensions will *not* be mentioned 
as an option for traffic engineering).

This document will change as the result of this week's meeting.  I will 
propose that output of this meeting be made available to the MPLS WG, 
possibly as an I-D for the DC meeting.

The final outcome of this meeting will be up for determination next Friday.

One issue that will have to be addressed is the status of all the 
referenced MPLS drafts in the IETF since ITU cannot reference an I-D or 
base a recommendation on one.  The final meeting where they are planning to 
approve this recommendation is next February, so the (normative) referenced 
drafts must be standards-track RFCs by then.  Plus any references in the 
RFCs must not be drafts.  If anyone is concerned about the content of this 
draft recommendation, they should get involved in ITU SG13 (or talk to 
their ITU rep).

Cheers,
Chip

>Anonymous ftp to ftpeng.cisco.com

--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.			
--------------------------------------------------