Subject: Query on VCID notif. draft

From: [email-masked] (Prem Shankar Sharma)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:48:32 -0700

Hello,

   In the draft "draft-ietf-mpls-vcid-atm-04.txt" in section 3.1.1
   point 5, a statment seems to be contradicting. It states that 
   ACK for the VCID Propose message should be sent through the VC
   for LDP inspite the fact that the procedure is described for
   "Inband Notification".

   Is my understanding correct? 
   Hope to hear from you.

Regards.
Prem

---

From: Ken Nagami <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 21:19:29 +0900

Hi prem, 

>>    Is my understanding correct? 

In the case of "Inband notification", VCID propose message is only
sent through the newly established VC. Other messages are sent through
the VC for LDP.

A difference between "Inband notification" and "Outband notification"
is which VC is used for sending a first VCID message (e.g. VCID
propose). 

Regards,

Ken Nagami