Subject: LDP MIB-03: Can FEC have only one LSP.

From: Anup Anil Cheruvathoor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:32:20 +0530

Hi,
    It seems from the MIB that a single FEC can have only
one LSP associated with it.
    FEC can have multiple LSPs associated with it.
    Shouldn't  the mapping be such that FEC can have
multiple LSPs.

    mplsLdpFecEntry OBJECT-TYPE
         SYNTAX      MplsLdpFecEntry
         MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
         STATUS      current
         DESCRIPTION
             "Each row represents a single FEC Element."
         INDEX       { mplsLdpFecType,
                       mplsLdpFecAddressFamily,
                       mplsLdpFecAddressLength,
                       mplsLdpFecAddress }
         ::= { mplsLdpFecTable 1 }

     MplsLdpFecEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
         mplsLdpFecType           INTEGER,
         mplsLdpFecAddressFamily  AddressFamilyNumbers,
         mplsLdpFecAddressLength  Integer32(0..255),
         mplsLdpFecAddress        MplsLdpGenAddr,
         mplsLdpFecLspId          Unsigned32
     }

    This seems to show that FEC can have only one LSP
associated with it.
    This can be enhanced by providing a index for
MplsLdpFecEntry also.So that multiple such entries are
    present in the FEC.

Ragards,
    -Anup

--

Name : Anup Anil Chervathoor
E-mail : mailto:[email-masked]
Web : www.ficon-tech.com

---

From: Joan Cucchiara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:39:53 -0400

> Hi,

Hi Anup,

>     This seems to show that FEC can have only one LSP

There can be multiple FEC's associated with the same LSP.  Please
note that the LspId is NOT part of the index, this could be the
same value for one or more entries in the table.  In other words,
the same LSP-ID could have multiple FEC's associated with it.

I should also point out that this table is NOT sorted on LSP-ID,
and that if a manager wanted to display the FECs with a specific
LSP-ID it would need to read through the entire table, checking
the specific mplsLdpFecLspId object.

> MplsLdpFecEntry also.So that multiple such entries are

We could change indexing here by including the LspId as
part of the index, that's true.  It would be good to 
get more feedback on this from the working group.

	Thanks, Joan

---

From: Barry Hass <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:00:28 -0400

Hi Joan,

I think Anup is asking the opposite question to the one you answered -
can a FEC be associated with more than one LSP? This might be
useful for load sharing.

Thanks,
Barry

---

From: Joan Cucchiara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:38:47 -0400

Barry Hass wrote:

Hi Barry,

> can a FEC be associated with more than one LSP? This might be

Opps yes, I did misinterpret the question (sorry Anup).

Currently, the MIB does NOT support this.  It could be changed
to support this by changing the mplsLspId object into an
index for example.  That would allow multiple LspIds to be
associated with the same FEC. 

We will look into allowing for this in the next rev. 

	-Joan