Subject: Exact match

From: Rahul Kasralikar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:40:50 -0700

These are questions regarding LDP spec and label forwarding..

1. In ldp-05 spec (3.8.5.1) "unless its routing table includes an entry that
exactly matches the requested prefix or host address, the lsr must
respond with a no route notification message".

What if you have a longer match than the requested FEC? I would assume
that you would terminate the LSP there (that LSR would be the egress LSR)
instead of responding with the no route notification.

2. Can we run LDP across AS boundary domains? (CRLDP?
RSVP?)

Thanks,

Rahul Kasralikar

---

From: "Peter Ashwood-Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:07:10 -0400

> 2. Can we run LDP across AS boundary domains? (CRLDP?

  CR-LDP/RSVP-TE yes but the TE mechanism accross the boundary is not
yet standardized. 

  LDP yes but if the addresses are aggregated you have to terminate
the LSP at the border and restart a new one into the next AS 
as you pointed out. This requires L2=>L3=>L2 which is less than 
desirable. 

  I suspect all of these issues will be topics to study 
next year.

  Peter