Subject: On suggested changes to draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-06.txt

From: Bob Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:20:39 -0400 (EDT)

All,

The LDP spec (draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-06.txt) has recently been submitted
to the IESG.  From previous experience we know that there are likely
to be numerous more or less important details that will need
refinement after it is released as an RFC.  Furthermore, there
are a large number of implementations underway, a fact that we are
very pleased to notice, that may reveal more such issues.

On the list there has been a discussion of the intepretation of the
max/min values for the ATM label range in the ATM Session Parameters TLV
and the V-bits in the ATM Label TLV (the "Ch 3.5.3 LDP Spec v6 - ATM VP"
thread).

In this particular case the authors do not think that a change is
necessary, although it might be desirable to include the suggested
changes in a future revision.  We are committed to prepare such a
revision when the the collective experience of the LDP implementors
becomes available.

Loa and Bob