Subject: Question on Label Use

From: "Siddharth Gahlaut" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 19:40:47 -0500

Hi all,
I have a question:
If 2 LSRs(per platform label space)  are having a session then can the
following hold true:
LSR(A) binds a label(X) to a FEC(Y) and sends a mapping to LSR(B) AND LSR(B)
binds the SAME label(X) to a FEC(Z) and sends the mapping to LSR(A).The
issue is can they use the SAME label in a different direction for different
FEC's.
Thanks
Siddharth

---

From: Jhilmil Kochar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 10:52:28 +0530

Hi Siddharth,
    The answer is yes. In case of ATM/ FR label space, this is controlled by VC
directionality. If bidirectional, this is allowed. In generic label space, this
is allowed by default.

regards
Jhilmil

--

------------------------------
Jhilmil Kochar
Ficon Technology
E-mail:[email-masked]
Web: www.ficon-tech.com

---

From: Eric Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 08:50:15 -0500

Siddharth> I have a question: If 2 LSRs(per platform label space) are having
Siddharth> a  session then  can  the  following hold  true:  LSR(A) binds  a
Siddharth> label(X) to  a FEC(Y)  and sends a  mapping to LSR(B)  AND LSR(B)
Siddharth> binds  the SAME label(X)  to a  FEC(Z) and  sends the  mapping to
Siddharth> LSR(A).The issue  is can they use  the SAME label  in a different
Siddharth> direction for different FEC's.

Yes.