Subject: Question about UDP multicast address

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:56:07 +0800

Hi,

 I have read through the draft of mpls, and I have a question for a long
time. In the <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-06>, it say that :  LDP Link Hellos are
sent as   UDP packets
addressed to the well-known LDP discovery port for the   "all routers on
this subnet"
group multicast address.

I guess that this group multicast address will be known to all people who
want to
realize LDP protocol, but I can't find the real group multicast address in
related
draft. Is this address well-known, or can be use any address?

Thanks.

---

From: Jaeho You <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 12:03:06 +0900

Hi, lijianping

You can find the group multicast address for the "all routers on this subnet"
in the RFC1700, Assigned numbers.
The INTERNET MULTICAST ADDRESS part of the RFC (page 57) specifies
group multicast addresses.

Regards,

Jaeho You