Subject: Draft MPLS Agenda

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 11:06:06 -0500

Draft MPLS Agenda     Washington, DC          November 99

Wednesday        9:00 - 11:30 (150)                  

Presenter        Topic                               Time        

                 Agenda Bashing & WG Status           10        
Le Faucher       Diff Serv over MPLS                  30                
Gibson           Management of QoS                    10        
Gray             LDP State                            10                
Jamoussi         CR-LDP update                        10                
Aboul-Magd       Service Definition                   10                
Ashwood          draft-ashw-mpls-te-feed-00.txt       25        
Ash              Routing Guidelines for Efficient     10
                    Routing Methods
Awduche          Mutiprotocol Lambda Switching        20
Basak            Mutiprotocol Lambda Switching        15

Thurseday        13:00 - 15:00 (120)        

Presenter        Topic                               Time        

Shew             Restoration                          10
Swallow          Bypass Labels                        10               
Berger           RSVP refresh reduction *             20        
Tommasi          RSVP refresh reduction *             15              
Swallow          Hierarchical Refresh   *             10        
Theimer          OAM Functionality                    15        
Andersson        Capabilities Set                     10
Carson           NIST Implementation                  10                
Leu/Jensen       Interoperability Update              10
                 Charter Update                       10                

* These drafts may be covered in the RSVP wg instead of MPLS

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 16:17:03 -0500

George,

I have been unable to associate drafts with at least three of the talks 
listed below (the ones I marked with a "?" after the time 
allotment).  Would it be possible to reissue the agenda with draft names to 
make it easier for people to prepare for the sessions?

Thanks much,
Andy

-------

At 11:06 AM 11/03/1999 -0500, George Swallow wrote:
>Aboul-Magd       Service Definition                   10?
>Ash              Routing Guidelines for Efficient     10?
>                     Routing Methods
>Basak            Mutiprotocol Lambda Switching        15?
>
>

________________________________________________________________________
Andrew G. Malis  [email-masked]  phone:978 952-7414  fax:978 392-2074
Lucent Technologies                 1 Robbins Road    Westford, MA 01886

---

From: Rajender Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:31:09 -0500

Are there any books available on MPLS? Or any good book on IP switching.

Thanks
Rajender

---

From: Muhammad Sarwar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 17:26:17 -0500

Hi
You may like to consult following books:
1.  Switching in Ip Networks : Ip Switching, Tag Switching, and Related
Technologies by Bruce S. Davie, Paul Doolan, Yakov Rekhter
2.  Ip Switching : Protocols and Architectures by Christopher Y. Metz
Also see www.ietf.org - go to internet drafts and search for "ietf-mpls"
Thanks

--
Muhammad S. Sarwar                 *  Fujitsu Network Communications
Software Development Engineer      |  Two Blue Hill Plaza
Ph: (914) 731-2275                 |  Pearl River, NY 10965
[email-masked]  *  http://www.fnc.fujitsu.com