Subject: Label Resource unavailable

From: R S Srinath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 16:44:55 +0530

Folks,

What is the notification sent to the upstream peer when
a Label Resource Unavailable notification is received
from the downstream peer.  An LSR would need to
provide a notification to its upstream in such a condition
( may be after a time out interval , waiting for the Label
resource available notification),  in order to enable the
upstream to cleanup the state associated with the
Label Request.

Regards

R S Srinath

---

From: "Prakash C. Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 17:36:27 +0530

Hi Srinath,

I think proper Notification is "No Route", though draft does not
explicitly suggest this. An LSR should  not propogate  "Label Resources
Unavailable" to upstream in such situation as LSR has the resources and
it is not finding the way downstream. Draft does not specify any
notification code which directly maps to this situation. There is also
an  advantage with the No Route, upstream LSR can retry the Label
Request if it wants.

Thanks and regards,
Prakash

--
___________________________
Prakash C. Jain
Ficon Technology
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.ficon-tech.com/