Subject: Frequency field?

From: "Andrea Tricco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 10:52:53 +0100

Hi all,
can anybody clear me the significance of  freqency and weigth fields (draft
CR-LDP, section 4.3: Traffic Parameters TLV) ?
Thanks in advance.

Andrea.

---

From: Telecom Tom <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 09:40:27 -0500

Andrea;

If weights were defined as positive real numbers, one could hope that
they'd be used to define "network" as a "graph" with a function for
assigning weights to the arcs, and that information could be applied
to traffic-engineering algorithms. However, the TLV is: "An 8 bit
unsigned integer indicating the weight of the CR-LSP. Valid weight
values are from 1 to 255.  The value 0 means that weight is not
applicable for the CR-LSP." So ...

--TS

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Frequency field?
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 10:52:53 +0100
From: "Andrea Tricco" <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "Andrea Tricco" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi all,
can anybody clear me the significance of  freqency and weigth fields
(draft
CR-LDP, section 4.3: Traffic Parameters TLV) ?
Thanks in advance.

Andrea.