Subject: Label Object C_Types

From: Paul Langille <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:03:19 -0500

The RSVP-Tunnel draft (draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-04.txt)
defines the format of  the label object in section 4.1. This description
(i.e. C_Type=1) is for the generic label. Should two more C_Types be
defined for ATM and Frame relay labels?

    (I believe that Walt Wimer touched on some of this (i.e. the ATM
part) in draft-wimer-mpls-atm-rsvp-00.txt which (if I recall correctly)
is going to be merged with the old MPLS RSVP draft).

            Thanks Paul

--
Paul Langille                e-mail: [email-masked]
Crescent Networks            phone: (978) 244-9002 x244
201 Riverneck Road           fax: (978) 244-9211
Chelmsford, MA 01824

---

From: Rohit Chhapolia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:51:06 -0500

The label object is defined as the stack of labels. If we have different
C-Types, which label(s) would it refer to? Should it refer to only top
most label with rest of the labels to be interpreted as MPLS type labels
or to all the labels in stack?

It is also possible to have an implementation where the type of label
is interpreted based on the type of interface for which label has been
received.

Rohit

-- 
Rohit Chhapolia
Ficon Technology, Inc.
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.ficon-tech.com